PDA

View Full Version : The White House shoots back

Abbey Marie
07-05-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm lovin Tony Snow. :clap:

White House criticizes Clintons on Libby By TERENCE HUNT, AP White House Correspondent
Thu Jul 5, 6:02 PM ET

WASHINGTON - The White House on Thursday made fun of former President Clinton and his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, for criticizing President Bush's decision to erase the prison sentence of former aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

"I don't know what Arkansan is for chutzpah, but this is a gigantic case of it," presidential spokesman Tony Snow said.
In his commutation decision, Bush left a $250,000 fine. Libby paid the fine on Thursday.

Libby's friends and supporters have raised more than $5 million to cover legal fees and were continuing to raise money but Libby paid the fine himself, according to someone close to the fund who spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the account are private. The cashiers check filed with the court was issued in Libby's name.

Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, has scheduled hearings Wednesday on Bush's commutation of Libby's 2 1/2-year sentence.

"Well, fine, knock himself out," Snow said of Conyers. "I mean, perfectly happy. And while he's at it, why doesn't he look at January 20th, 2001?"

In the closing hours of his presidency, Clinton pardoned 140 people, including fugitive financier Marc Rich.

Full story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070705/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cia_leak_libby

nevadamedic
07-05-2007, 10:50 PM

White House criticizes Clintons on Libby By TERENCE HUNT, AP White House Correspondent

WASHINGTON - The White House on Thursday made fun of former President Clinton and his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, for criticizing President Bush's decision to erase the prison sentence of former aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

"I don't know what Arkansan is for chutzpah, but this is a gigantic case of it," presidential spokesman Tony Snow said.
In his commutation decision, Bush left a $250,000 fine. Libby paid the fine on Thursday.

Libby's friends and supporters have raised more than $5 million to cover legal fees and were continuing to raise money but Libby paid the fine himself, according to someone close to the fund who spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the account are private. The cashiers check filed with the court was issued in Libby's name.

Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, has scheduled hearings Wednesday on Bush's commutation of Libby's 2 1/2-year sentence.

"Well, fine, knock himself out," Snow said of Conyers. "I mean, perfectly happy. And while he's at it, why doesn't he look at January 20th, 2001?"

In the closing hours of his presidency, Clinton pardoned 140 people, including fugitive financier Marc Rich.

Full story:

We all know both Clinton's are hipocrits along with all Democrats. What a shock that they are going to have hearings, do you honestly think President Bush is worried? He has never backed down from the Democrats and he wont start now. I just hope that on the day the hearings are to start that he gives Libby a full pardon just to give the committee members a big :fu: :laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 01:24 AM
The White House fired the first shot in this case.

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 01:44 AM

No, the White House once again did the right thing.

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Maybe it was the "right" thing.

No, the White House once again did the right thing.

But it was certainly not the "correct" thing. Such is the nature of the political "right" in this country. Dd you enjoy 2006? You will like 2008 even better!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2007 is already shaping up very well for the locals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-06-2007, 03:47 AM

Contrary to your statements, the White House didnt do anything to attack the Clintons on pardons until after Bill made his statements on it.

However, it still amazes me how Bill Clinton can pardon convicted terrorists and others for money, and President Bush is somehow the bad guy for commuting the unreasonable sentence for an innocent man.

Amazing.

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 03:52 AM
Quite the contrary so disillusioned one.

Contrary to your statements, the White House didnt do anything to attack the Clintons on pardons until after Bill made his statements on it.

However, it still amazes me how Bill Clinton can pardon convicted terrorists and others for money, and President Bush is somehow the bad guy for commuting the unreasonable sentence for an innocent man.

Amazing.

Amazing, isn't it? Can't you just feel the liberal vibes crawling up your back?

glockmail
07-06-2007, 05:53 AM
The White House fired the first shot in this case. Let s just call it pre-emptive, unilateral, illegal, then. OK? :pee:

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 06:21 AM
Pretty pitiful admission.

Let s just call it pre-emptive, unilateral, illegal, then. OK? :pee:

But as good as it gets from the criminals. Have you ever thought about kissing this? :pee:

Nukeman
07-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Quite the contrary so disillusioned one.

Amazing, isn't it? Can't you just feel the liberal vibes crawling up your back?

Care to back this statement up with FACTS. or are you once again pulling shit out of your ass.....

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Certainly!!!!! How about the election of 2006? We will soon see about the local elections of 2007!!!!!

Care to back this statement up with FACTS. or are you once again pulling shit out of your ass.....

I don't have to pull shit out of my ass as you intimate, lil' nuck. I'm a fiber nut from the '80's. And what's this "once again" bullshit. Care to expound on that lil' statement? You don't know your nasty ass from shinola, do you?

glockmail
07-06-2007, 07:12 AM
......Have you ever thought about kissing this? :pee:

Never. Go ask you queer buddies if they want some scat and a golden shower. You may get lucky.

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Remind me not to invite you into any objective conversation, gm.

Never. Go ask you queer buddies if they want some scat and a golden shower. You may get lucky.

Never mind. You weren't invited into this one but you showed your ignorant ass anyway!!!!!!!!!!

glockmail
07-06-2007, 07:23 AM

Never mind. You weren't invited into this one but you showed your ignorant ass anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Speechless again? :laugh2:

Pale Rider
07-06-2007, 08:11 AM

Why is that every conversation you're involved in on the board is a pissing contest full of nasty comments and bullshit?

Oh yeah.... BECAUSE YOU START IT!!!

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Let's try to get back on track. I for one am glad to see the White house finally man up and give it back to these hypocrites, even if it is too litle too late. I only wish Bush has found his spine about 5 years ago.

Clinton accusing anyone of handing out illegal or immoral pardons is like Hitler accuing someone of hating Jews.

Hagbard Celine
07-06-2007, 10:42 AM

Full story:

Clinton's actions don't excuse Bush's.

JohnDoe
07-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Clinton's actions don't excuse Bush's.That's something that alot of "good people" fail to recognize and I honestly don't know why?

Hagbard Celine
07-06-2007, 10:53 AM
That's something that alot of "good people" fail to recognize and I honestly don't know why?

Because it's easier to point fingers and indulge in partisanship than it is to walk the path of the devout.

JohnDoe
07-06-2007, 10:55 AM
I do like Tony Snow though, and my prayers go out to him to beat this spreading cancer!

And I do not think Clinton did the right thing with some of his pardons, I think he was outright wrong.

And I also do not think that clinton should have EVER spouted off on this subject the way he did. Not only did he have "no room to talk", but he just shouldn't have, as an ex president and with his wife running for candidacy is just ONE of the reasons HE should have left this issue ALONE.

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 11:03 AM
I do like Tony Snow though, and my prayers go out to him to beat this spreading cancer!

And I do not think Clinton did the right thing with some of his pardons, I think he was outright wrong.

And I also do not think that clinton should have EVER spouted off on this subject the way he did. Not only did he have "no room to talk", but he just shouldn't have, as an ex president and with his wife running for candidacy is just ONE of the reasons HE should have left this issue ALONE.

And that's the point, JD. It's beyond galling to see Clinton, of all people, pointing fingers. Intellectual honesty should bring anyone to that conclusion.

I don't agree with a lot of your ploitics, but you seem refreshingly open-minded. :salute:

07-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Clinton's actions don't excuse Bush's.

Bush hasnt done anything that needs excuses. hence why we are focusing on hypocrisy of clinton.

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 12:58 AM
You are correct, a'21. There are NO excuses for what gwb nad his minions/administration have done.

Bush hasnt done anything that needs excuses. hence why we are focusing on hypocrisy of clinton.

Maybe focusing on the hypocrisy of Clinton makes the hypocrisies of gwb look more relevant? I doubt it!!!!!!!!!

JohnDoe
07-09-2007, 09:54 AM
And that's the point, JD. It's beyond galling to see Clinton, of all people, pointing fingers. Intellectual honesty should bring anyone to that conclusion.

I don't agree with a lot of your ploitics, but you seem refreshingly open-minded. :salute:

This is where "Do unto others as you would want them to do to you..." comes in, imo.

If Hillary Clinton does not want President Bush coming out down the road and criticizing a pardon of her own, IF she ever became President, then neither she, or her better half, should have commented on the issue now, at least not commented with all of that "spin" attached to it, but in a more neutral manner may have been appropriate and left the criticism to the media and the blogs.

Now me? :D

I can criticize all I want as long as I don't lie, cuz I am a nobody!!! A John Doe!!!! lol

:salute: in return for yours! :)

Hagbard Celine
07-09-2007, 10:31 AM

Avatar, you're always good for a nice long belly-laugh. :laugh:

Ahh, but you're not thinking like a politician. Clinton knows that his wife's base is energized by statements like this. Most Americans feel this way about Bush's decision to commute Scooter's sentence, so it only makes sense that he'd come-out saying this.

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 12:25 PM

I think he did it as a publicity stunt for his wife trying to get the support of the Bush haters.

JohnDoe
07-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I think he did it as a publicity stunt for his wife trying to get the support of the Bush haters.

:laugh2: You are a smart ass! :clap: