PDA

View Full Version : Official: 2 dead in movie theater shooting, including gunman

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-23-2015, 09:57 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/official-2-dead-movie-theater-shooting-including-gunman-015727028.html

Official: 2 dead in movie theater shooting, including gunman

LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — A gunman opened fire at a movie theater in Lousiana on Thursday night, killing at least one person and injuring at least six others before shooting himself, officials said.

The shooting took place at the Grand Theatre in the city of Lafayette, said Clay Henry, vice president of operations for Acadian Ambulance.

Henry said eight people were brought to the hospital and that two, including the gunman, were pronounced dead on arrival.

Henry said emergency workers got the call to go to the theater about 7:30 p.m. He did not immediately have any additional information.

The Daily Advertiser quoted City Marshal Brian Pope as saying that the shooter turned the gun on himself after firing at the others, and that six people were injured.

The shooting happened about 20 minutes into a 7 p.m. showing of the movie "Train Wreck," according to the newspaper, which quoted theatergoer Katie Domingue.

"We heard a loud pop we thought was a firecracker," Domingue told the newspaper. Domingue said she saw "an older white man" standing up and shooting down into the theater, but not in her direction.

"He wasn't saying anything. I didn't hear anybody screaming either," Domingue said.

Domingue told the newspaper she heard about six shots before she and her fiance ran to the nearest exist, leaving behind her shoes and purse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me guess what type of animal did this...--Tyr

Gunny
07-23-2015, 10:09 PM

LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) — A gunman opened fire at a movie theater in Lousiana on Thursday night, killing at least one person and injuring at least six others before shooting himself, officials said.

The shooting took place at the Grand Theatre in the city of Lafayette, said Clay Henry, vice president of operations for Acadian Ambulance.

Henry said eight people were brought to the hospital and that two, including the gunman, were pronounced dead on arrival.

Henry said emergency workers got the call to go to the theater about 7:30 p.m. He did not immediately have any additional information.

The Daily Advertiser quoted City Marshal Brian Pope as saying that the shooter turned the gun on himself after firing at the others, and that six people were injured.

The shooting happened about 20 minutes into a 7 p.m. showing of the movie "Train Wreck," according to the newspaper, which quoted theatergoer Katie Domingue.

"We heard a loud pop we thought was a firecracker," Domingue told the newspaper. Domingue said she saw "an older white man" standing up and shooting down into the theater, but not in her direction.

"He wasn't saying anything. I didn't hear anybody screaming either," Domingue said.

Domingue told the newspaper she heard about six shots before she and her fiance ran to the nearest exist, leaving behind her shoes and purse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, he was white. Wonder what they'll blame THIS on?

Kathianne
07-23-2015, 10:15 PM

I'm hearing a 57 year old white dude. Very weird.

Kathianne
07-23-2015, 10:15 PM

Guns!

LongTermGuy
07-23-2015, 10:16 PM

Understand...well...lets see "what kind" of white meat he was.....I'm sure it will come out...

​BTW...Theater was another gun free zone.... the crazy shot himself after he took 2 lives...total 3 people from what I hear...

fj1200
07-24-2015, 09:07 AM

How did your guess come out?

sundaydriver
07-24-2015, 10:15 AM
How did your guess come out?

Never give up hope! :laugh:

Rat
07-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Sad. Prayers to families. Hope none of deceased suffered and survivors able get past this tragedy and move on with lives.

fj1200
07-24-2015, 03:19 PM
USMB got a shout out today on the Medved show. But probably not the good kind. Apparently the whack job was a poster there.

jimnyc
07-24-2015, 03:24 PM
USMB got a shout out today on the Medved show. But probably not the good kind. Apparently the whack job was a poster there.

The shooter? Or a shout out as a caller mentioned the site?

fj1200
07-24-2015, 03:25 PM
The shooter? Or a shout out as a caller mentioned the site?

Medved was talking about message boards that the shooter had been on with his diatribes and Medved specifically mentioned USMB.

jimnyc
07-24-2015, 03:29 PM
Medved was talking about message boards that the shooter had been on with his diatribes and Medved specifically mentioned USMB.

Damn, that's messed up. I wonder what his username was, and whether he hit this place or not, and what his political leanings and stances were. Guess it doesn't matter now. But not fully surprising, as I've "met" some members online who were obviously 2 little round plastic things short of holding together a 6 pack of soda. :)

http://i.imgur.com/gmcqxaZ.jpg

fj1200
07-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Damn, that's messed up. I wonder what his username was, and whether he hit this place or not, and what his political leanings and stances were. Guess it doesn't matter now. But not fully surprising, as I've "met" some members online who were obviously 2 little round plastic things short of holding together a 6 pack of soda. :)

He might have mentioned the name but I didn't catch it. Also, thank you for thinking of the ducks. :)

jimnyc
07-24-2015, 03:36 PM
He might have mentioned the name but I didn't catch it. Also, thank you for thinking of the ducks. :)

Ok, what did I write and screwup? Where did this duck thing come in?

hjmick
07-24-2015, 04:13 PM

He went by "Rusty Houser" at USMB.

And for the record, I am quite capable holding together a six pack... and drinking it too...

Kathianne
07-24-2015, 04:44 PM
He went by "Rusty Houser" at USMB.

And for the record, I am quite capable holding together a six pack... and drinking it too...
Ummm, too often I lose a can of Dr. Pepper in those dumb rings. :eek:

fj1200
07-24-2015, 05:35 PM
Ok, what did I write and screwup? Where did this duck thing come in?

You cut up the plastic six-pack thingy so they don't get strangled. You animal lover you.

tailfins
07-25-2015, 10:09 AM

Houser was reported as praising Hitler on USMB during a news break from the Mark Levin show.

hjmick
07-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Houser was reported as praising Hitler on USMB during a news break from the Mark Levin show.

He made 12-15 posts at USMB back in January, never returned. His sig line was some unfinished thought complimenting Hitler that made no sense and I believe he started a thread with the same nonsensical compliment. He also praised Obama and his spending. The guy was all over the place, or as much as one can be in 12-15 posts.

hjmick
07-25-2015, 12:13 PM
This was his sig line at USMB:

Hitler accomplished far more than any other through "pragmatically forming".

And I was wrong, he did not start a thread or make a post that was complimentary to Hitler, at least not over there. His praise of Obama could also be called questionable at best. He seems to have done it with a mocking tone...