PDA

View Full Version : Obama gives 'exclusive' BBC interview ...

Drummond
07-23-2015, 10:05 PM
The BBC are going all-out in their domestic news broadcasts to publicise an interview Obama's given to John Sopel, our current chief correspondent covering American issues. I've yet to find out (.. and do I care ?) when it'll be broadcast - but judging from the tone of the hype, it seems that the BBC is very proud to have got a few minutes of the 'great man's' time .. (!!).

Here's what their Web entry is saying. It comes with video clip, which I suspect won't play outside the UK (just as their iPlayer facility doesn't). But it turns out that Obama feels a measure of aggravation that he's not been able to go further with gun controls than he's actually managed.

Needless to say, since he was playing to a British audience, and to a naturally sympathetic BBC man, he'd be speaking as if to a 'comrade' on the matter ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33646704

President Barack Obama has admitted that his failure to pass "common sense gun safety laws" in the US is the greatest frustration of his presidency.

In an interview with the BBC, Mr Obama said it was "distressing" not to have made progress on the issue "even in the face of repeated mass killings".

He vowed to keep trying, but the BBC's North America editor Jon Sopel said the president did not sound very confident.

However, Mr Obama said race relations had improved during his presidency.

In a wide-ranging interview, President Obama also said:

◾The UK must stay in the EU to have influence on the world stage
◾He is confident the Iran nuclear deal will be passed by Congress
◾ Syria needs a political solution in order to defeat the Islamic State group
◾He would speak "bluntly" against corruption and human rights violations in Kenya
◾He would defend his advocacy of gay rights following protests in Kenya
◾Despite racial tensions, the US is becoming more diverse and more tolerant

Mr Obama lands in Kenya later on Friday for his first visit since becoming president.

But with just 18 months left in power, he said gun control was the area where he has been "most frustrated and most stymied" since coming to power in 2009.

I'm assuming that what he's really saying is that he wanted to show contempt for the American Constitution ?

Gunny
07-23-2015, 10:08 PM
The BBC are going all-out in their domestic news broadcasts to publicise an interview Obama's given to John Sopel, our current chief correspondent covering American issues. I've yet to find out (.. and do I care ?) when it'll be broadcast - but judging from the tone of the hype, it seems that the BBC is very proud to have got a few minutes of the 'great man's' time .. (!!).

Here's what their Web entry is saying. It comes with video clip, which I suspect won't play outside the UK (just as their iPlayer facility doesn't). But it turns out that Obama feels a measure of aggravation that he's not been able to go further with gun controls than he's actually managed.

Needless to say, since he was playing to a British audience, and to a naturally sympathetic BBC man, he'd be speaking as if to a 'comrade' on the matter ...

I'm assuming that what he's really saying is that he wanted to show contempt for the American Constitution ?

So after all his crap, he's gone to the UN and the BBC but NOT Congress?

ANYBODY see anything wrong with this picture?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-23-2015, 10:20 PM

^^^^ :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:, what damn planet has the bastard been living on?????
Just more proof the SOB lies and is insane too. -Tyr

Kathianne
07-23-2015, 10:29 PM

From your link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/24/us/poll-shows-most-americans-think-race-relations-are-bad.html

Poll Finds Most in U.S. Hold Dim View of Race Relations

By KEVIN SACK (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/s/kevin_sack/index.html) and MEGAN THEE-BRENAN (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/t/megan_theebrenan/index.html)<time class="dateline" datetime="2015-07-23" style="font-size: 0.6875rem; line-height: 0.75rem; font-family: nyt-cheltenham-sh, georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); margin-left: 12px;">JULY 23, 2015

</time>Seven years ago, in the gauzy afterglow of a stirring election night in Chicago, commentators dared ask whether the United States had finally begun to heal its divisions over race and atone for the original sin of slavery by electing its first black president. It has not. Not even close.

A New York Times/CBS News poll (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/23/us/document-new-york-timescbs-news-poll-on-race-relations-in-the-us.html?_r=0)conducted last week reveals that nearly six in 10 Americans, including heavy majorities of both whites and blacks, think race relations are generally bad, and that nearly four in 10 think the situation is getting worse. By comparison, two-thirds of Americans surveyed shortly after President Obama took office said they believed that race relations were generally good.

The swings in attitude have been particularly striking among African-Americans. During Mr. Obama’s 2008 campaign, nearly 60 percent of blacks said race relations were generally bad, but that number was cut in half shortly after he won. It has now soared to 68 percent, the highest level of discontent among blacks during the Obama years and close to the numbers recorded in the aftermath of the riots that followed the 1992 acquittal of Los Angeles police officers charged in the beating of Rodney King.

Drummond
07-23-2015, 10:40 PM
^^^^ :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:, what damn planet has the bastard been living on?????
Just more proof the SOB lies and is insane too. -Tyr

Being an outrageous narcissist, Obama wants history to be kind to him after his Presidency is done.

If the facts don't support him, then he'll rewrite history to suit himself. And the best way to do this is to use a foreign news agency for the purpose, and one that'll be automatically supportive of him. Cue the BBC in best propagandist mode ...

By the way, the BBC is playing a segment of the interview right now, as I type ... this at 4:40 AM, my time .. !

-- Talk about being desperate to air it !!!!

Drummond
07-23-2015, 10:57 PM
... good grief ....

I've just checked the BBC's schedules for tomorrow.

It turns out that the BBC interview lasts for 25 minutes. The BBC is going to transmit it repeatedly, throughout most of tomorrow, at four-hourly intervals ... 12:35, 16:35, 20:35. They're calling it a 'BBC Special', and hyping it up for all they're worth ... every news broadcast now is referring to it, and carrying a 30 second clip of it.

EDIT: the BBC News 5AM broadcast has just started. The Obama interview is now their FIRST story ! They're tacking it on to a wider report about Obama now being on his way to Africa. Clip being played right now, as I type (5:03).

2nd EDIT: forget '30 seconds'. Now FOUR minutes' worth, and still playing ... !!!!

This probably means that every hourly broadcast will produce a similar airing of Obama's pontificating.

namvet
07-24-2015, 08:42 AM
So after all his crap, he's gone to the UN and the BBC but NOT Congress?

ANYBODY see anything wrong with this picture?

no. Dicktators don't answer to anyone

stephanie
07-24-2015, 08:47 PM
You have to wonder who is actually running our government in the shadows

this man has the time for what must have been 100's of interviews, 1000's of miles traveled in this country alone just to give one of his hateful speech's. I have never been so sick of seeing a President. its almost a form of Torture