PDA

View Full Version : Rowling wouldn't kill Harry Potter, would she?

nevadamedic
07-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Story Highlights

Harry Potter books have had share of darkness
Key characters killed off in past
Fans wonder who will go this time; author has said two deaths

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/books/07/05/harrypotter.mythology.ap/index.html

I sure hope she doesn't kill Harry, that would ruin the series. It would also ruin all hope of a future book or series. She has said she is done with Harry Potter after this book but a lot of people have said they are done with with certain books and or movies and they end up writing or making more. It would also be sad if she killed of any of Harry's main circle of friends.

jackass
07-06-2007, 08:06 AM
I dont think Harry will die...but I wouldnt be surprised if she did.

nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 12:55 AM
I dont think Harry will die...but I wouldnt be surprised if she did.

Did you sign the petition encouraging her to keep writing Harry Potter boods?

jackass
07-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Did you sign the petition encouraging her to keep writing Harry Potter boods?

No I didnt. If she wants to finish the books off and then we make her keep writing them...how can she write them with all of her heart? They wont be the same.

Gaffer
07-11-2007, 04:33 PM
No I didnt. If she wants to finish the books off and then we make her keep writing them...how can she write them with all of her heart? They wont be the same.

Ageed, if she wants to write more she will. If not she can go on to something else, or just retire on her billion.

nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Ageed, if she wants to write more she will. If not she can go on to something else, or just retire on her billion.

Yes but she is gettijng kids to read over watching TV and that is a major accomplishment.

Gaffer
07-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Yes but she is gettijng kids to read over watching TV and that is a major accomplishment.

True but at the same time those that do read the books are likely to go on to other books. So her mission is accomplished with seven books. Once a child is into reading they will continue it. If all they want to read is Harry Potter books you have a problem.

As a writer I would expect her to want to expand into other area's. She doesn't seem to crank out a lot of books like other writers do.

nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 05:03 PM
True but at the same time those that do read the books are likely to go on to other books. So her mission is accomplished with seven books. Once a child is into reading they will continue it. If all they want to read is Harry Potter books you have a problem.

As a writer I would expect her to want to expand into other area's. She doesn't seem to crank out a lot of books like other writers do.

I don't think they will be able to find a book that keeps their interest like Harry Potter does, so they will go back to the TV or Video Games.

Gaffer
07-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I don't think they will be able to find a book that keeps their interest like Harry Potter does, so they will go back to the TV or Video Games.

There's not much hope for kids of that sort then anyway. Most kids will branch off into other books. even if they stay in the same genre they will expand their reading abilities and interest. A kid that won't expand their reading will just grow up to be a liberal. A one track mind and easily controlled.

nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 05:44 PM
There's not much hope for kids of that sort then anyway. Most kids will branch off into other books. even if they stay in the same genre they will expand their reading abilities and interest. A kid that won't expand their reading will just grow up to be a liberal. A one track mind and easily controlled.

:laugh2: Leave it to Gaffer to drop the Liberal Bomb in a Harry Potter debate. :laugh2: