PDA

View Full Version : Sandra Bland

Perianne
07-27-2015, 02:50 AM
(I looked to see if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but could only find one mention of it by Indago in the cop-hating thread.)

Sandra Bland, a foul-mouthed black woman, was arrested on July 10 by police after what could have been a simple traffic warning. She committed suicide three days later in her jail cell. She was there because no one cared enough about her to bail her out ($500).

Your thoughts?

Apparently, Ms. Bland was trying to put together $500 for a bond payment and none of her family, including her sister Sharon, were willing to assist.

Additionally, NBC in Chicago (http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/Suburban-Woman-Found-Dead-in-Jail-Had-Previous-Encounters-With-Police-316025661.html#ixzz3geb6z8s6)has found that Ms. Bland had a rather extensive history with driving violations including DUI’s and failure to pay fines associated with at least 10 infractions.

NBC5 Investigates (http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/Suburban-Woman-Found-Dead-in-Jail-Had-Previous-Encounters-With-Police-316025661.html#ixzz3geb6z8s6)has found that – at the time of her death last Friday — she still owed a total of $7,579.00 in court fines resulting from five traffic stops in various Chicago suburbs (including a DUI), and she had been cited several times for her failure to pay those fines.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/07/23/sandra-bland-had-long-history-of-drivinglegal-infractions-family-who-refused-to-assist-with-bail-now-refusing-to-accept-suicide/

(http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/07/23/sandra-bland-had-long-history-of-drivinglegal-infractions-family-who-refused-to-assist-with-bail-now-refusing-to-accept-suicide/)

Perianne
07-27-2015, 02:53 AM
The confrontation with the hateful woman starts at about 9:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBh3wzXd3vg

Noir
07-27-2015, 03:05 AM
Hateful woman? I guess you'd be polite enough to not to swear after being needlessly pulled out of your car.

indago
07-27-2015, 05:26 AM
(I looked to see if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but could only find one mention of it by Indago in the cop-hating thread.)

Which would be HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?48009-Protect-amp-Serve&p=751126#post751126)

"cop-hating thread"???

That's Protect and Serve! What's "cop-hating thread" about that?

darin
07-27-2015, 05:37 AM
Two thoughts -

First - That cop is a crappy cop. I hope he's fired. She did nothing wrong - nothing warranting arrest or even a traffic stop.

Secondly - I suspect she harmed herself in efforts to bring more anti-cop violence.

Voted4Reagan
07-27-2015, 06:24 AM
Hateful woman? I guess you'd be polite enough to not to swear after being needlessly pulled out of your car.

The officer asked her to extinguish her Cigarette. She became argumentative. She refused a lawful order to exit the vehicle at least 6 or 8 times.

The officer drew a NON-LETHAL Device to make her comply.

She finally exited the vehicle.

She Fought the cop, Kicking and trying to elbow him. She did kick him in the leg. A Felony.

Refusal to obey a Lawful Order and Felony assault on a Public Servant.

Alternative solution?

Ms Bland puts out her cigarette, speaks calmly and politely to the officer, signs the warning and goes on her way...

No... she chose to argue and to fight.

And her "Bereaved Family" all refused to pay her minuscule bail of just $500. Leaving her in Jail.

That family is just seeking a pay day. They could care less about Sandra Bland.

darin
07-27-2015, 06:30 AM
The officer asked her to extinguish her Cigarette. She became argumentative. She refused a lawful order to exit the vehicle at least 6 or 8 times.

Except being arumentative isn't a reason to affect a arrest or detainment. He was wrong to expect her to comply with his request.

She Fought the cop, Kicking and trying to elbow him. She did kick him in the leg. A Felony.

Not in defense of a reasonable belief the arrest or detainment was illegal.

Alternative solution?

Ms Bland puts out her cigarette, speaks calmly and politely to the officer, signs the warning and goes on her way...

And her "Bereaved Family" all refused to pay her minuscule bail of just $500. Leaving her in Jail.

That family is just seeking a pay day. They could NOT care less about Sandra Bland.

No - the officer lost it when he wasn't ass-kissed by the motorist for what was a bullshit stop. The cop escallated this thing.

She killed herself, but the cop instigated the sequence of events. And yes, I believe her family will use this as a 'winning lottery ticket'. And that part's shameful; as or more shameful than the Cop's actions.

Noir
07-27-2015, 06:32 AM

Alternative solution?

That family is just seeking a pay day. They could care less about Sandra Bland.

even the likes of Fox News and Donald Trump are saying the policeman was out of line.
If you watch the video and think the policeman acted correctly then IDK what kind of police force you want in your country, but I sure as hell don't want it.

Voted4Reagan
07-27-2015, 07:59 AM
Except being arumentative isn't a reason to affect a arrest or detainment. He was wrong to expect her to comply with his request.

No - the officer lost it when he wasn't ass-kissed by the motorist for what was a bullshit stop. The cop escallated this thing.

She killed herself, but the cop instigated the sequence of events. And yes, I believe her family will use this as a 'winning lottery ticket'. And that part's shameful; as or more shameful than the Cop's actions.

I quote the Texas Penal Code:

Sec. 542.501. OBEDIENCE REQUIRED TO POLICE OFFICERS AND TO SCHOOL CROSSING GUARDS. A person may not wilfully fail or refuse to comply with a lawful order or direction of:
(1) a police officer; or
(2) a school crossing guard who:
(A) is performing crossing guard duties in a school crosswalk to stop and yield to a pedestrian; or
(B) has been trained under Section 600.004 (http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/GetStatute.aspx?Code=TN&Value=600.004&Date=7/18/2015) and is directing traffic in a school crossing zone.

The officer in question issued a lawful order to extinguish her cigarette while she signed the warning ticket. She became argumentative, argued with the officer, the motorist escalated the situation and after repeated requests to comply asked her to step out of the vehicle... he repeated the request several times. He finally drew his non lethal sidearm and ordered her to step out of the vehicle.

The woman violated the LAW of the state of Texas. Kicking the Officer is a FELONY.

Texas Law states under RESISTING ARREST:

TEX PE. CODE ANN. § 38.03 : Texas Statutes - Section 38.03: RESISTING ARREST, SEARCH, OR TRANSPORTATION

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.

(b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.

(c) Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search.

TEX PE. CODE ANN. § 22.02 AGGRAVATED ASSAULT

(a) A person commits an offense if the person commits assault as defined in Sec. 22.01 and the person:
(1) causes serious bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse; or
(2) uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault.
(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree, except that the offense is a felony of the first degree if:

(B) against a person the actor knows is a public servant while the public servant is

lawfully discharging an official duty, or in retaliation or on account of an exercise of

official power or performance of an official duty as a public servant;

Sorry DMP... The woman broke a slew of Laws.

</pre>

Rat
07-27-2015, 08:02 AM
This one of situations where cop may technically be within law but could handle situation better. When see stuff like this I ask myself if I could have handled different and got better result. I pretty sure I could got woman put out cigarette without what happened. I probably would no ask her to put out anyway but if did could do so without huge fight. That seems what started incident.

Cops good for most part but what I see cause alot unecessary incidents is how they speak to people they pull over and approach. Some have powertrip mentality and talk down to them in demeaning way. That may be within law but start incident off in bad way. When I got out Army I was in law enforcement 13 years. I see many incidents that could ended peacefully if cop handled different. I had different attitude when I was patrolman from most others. I viewed everyone as equals of mine. I no act like I better than them. Many times they act like pendejo but just got to be cool and not jump to extreme emotion. Cops supposed to defuse situation not make worse. I always just be chilled with everyone. Because that almost all my stops ended good and without bad incident. Sometimes you no prevent situation going south but some cops can do much better job at defusing explosive situation.

Noir
07-27-2015, 08:11 AM
The officer in question issued a lawful order to extinguish her cigarette. She became argumentative, argued with the officer...

Lawful order?
Encinia: You mind putting out your cigarette, please? If you don't mind?
Bland: I'm in my car, why do I have to put out my cigarette?
Encinia: Well you can step on out now.

He asked her to put it out, if she didn't mind doing so.
She asked why he was asking her to put out the cigarette.
He then escalated the situation.

darin
07-27-2015, 08:14 AM
I quote the Texas Penal Code:

Sec. 542.501. OBEDIENCE REQUIRED TO POLICE OFFICERS AND TO SCHOOL CROSSING GUARDS. A person may not wilfully fail or refuse to comply with a lawful order or direction of:
(1) a police officer; or
(2) a school crossing guard who:
(A) is performing crossing guard duties in a school crosswalk to stop and yield to a pedestrian; or
(B) has been trained under Section 600.004 (http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/GetStatute.aspx?Code=TN&Value=600.004&Date=7/18/2015) and is directing traffic in a school crossing zone.

The officer in question issued a lawful order to extinguish her cigarette while she signed the warning ticket. She became argumentative, argued with the officer, the motorist escalated the situation and after repeated requests to comply asked her to step out of the vehicle... he repeated the request several times. He finally drew his non lethal sidearm and ordered her to step out of the vehicle.

The woman violated the LAW of the state of Texas. Kicking the Officer is a FELONY.

Texas Law states under RESISTING ARREST:

TEX PE. CODE ANN. § 38.03 : Texas Statutes - Section 38.03: RESISTING ARREST, SEARCH, OR TRANSPORTATION

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.

(b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.

(c) Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search.

TEX PE. CODE ANN. § 22.02 AGGRAVATED ASSAULT

(a) A person commits an offense if the person commits assault as defined in Sec. 22.01 and the person:
(1) causes serious bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse; or
(2) uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the commission of the assault.
(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree, except that the offense is a felony of the first degree if:

(B) against a person the actor knows is a public servant while the public servant is

lawfully discharging an official duty, or in retaliation or on account of an exercise of

official power or performance of an official duty as a public servant;

Sorry DMP... The woman broke a slew of Laws.

</pre>

Do me a favor? Point out exactly what you're talking about - the way your fonts look I can't tell exactly what you're trying to say. There's no lawful order to put-out a cig. How's that a 'lawful order'?

And I see the 'no defense' to resist even if it's unlawful. Got it - if that applies here.

What happened is this - copper got butt-hurt and bullied her. It's his job to de-escalate shit.

Voted4Reagan
07-27-2015, 08:54 AM

As a legally appointed public servant if he requests you to do something... you do it. You don't act belligerent and argumentative thus escalating the situation. If you want to argue the offense... DO IT IN COURT

It is not up to the person being given instructions to decide what is and isn't reasonable.

Once again... when an officer tells you to do something, you do it. Had she not been argumentative and belligerent, Put out the cigarette, Listened to the officer explain the warning to her and just complied with his request... she would have been on her way and all would have been okay in her world. She verbally confronted him, refused a dozen requests he made to put out the cigarette and get out of the car and finally exited the vehicle when threatened with non-lethal force. The more you argue with an officer the more likely he is to become suspicious that you are doing something.

She killed herself, but the cop instigated the sequence of events.

No.. she instigated it by refusing a Lawful order on a dozen occasions and then assaulting the officer and resisting arrest. She was the architect of her own problems.

And yes, I believe her family will use this as a 'winning lottery ticket'.And that part's shameful;

We agree on this point

as or more shameful than the Cop's actions.

NO.. The cop was polite and was just going to issue a warning. He did his job. Nothing shameful about it. We get it DMP... you dont think cops have a right to tell you what to do.

tailfins
07-27-2015, 08:56 AM

You be polite if you want to cash in after the fact. Always ask: How would this look to a civil jury?

Kathianne
07-27-2015, 09:01 AM
The cop asked her to extinguish the cigarette, she chose not to. THAT is what escalated the situation. He was wrong.

From what I've heard and read, he was going to issue a WARNING, after the cigarette incident the situation whole issue became a power of wills.

The cop was wrong, they are held to a higher standard and in this case, she wasn't out of line. A jerk? Certainly. So was the cop.

I see more of a anti-smoke cop than racist. He also has a bit of power trip problem. He should be gone.

indago
07-27-2015, 09:10 AM

Point out in the video where "She did kick him in the leg".

Voted4Reagan
07-27-2015, 09:20 AM
The cop asked her to extinguish the cigarette, she chose not to. THAT is what escalated the situation. He was wrong.

From what I've heard and read, he was going to issue a WARNING, after the cigarette incident the situation whole issue became a power of wills.

The cop was wrong, they are held to a higher standard and in this case, she wasn't out of line. A jerk? Certainly. So was the cop.

I see more of a anti-smoke cop than racist. He also has a bit of power trip problem. He should be gone.

They ask you to extinguish the cigarette because it can be used to injure the officer if a person chooses to flick it in the cops face or some other part of the officer. It is not unreasonable to ask her to do so. He asks because it is for HIS protection.

darin
07-27-2015, 09:25 AM
As a legally appointed public servant if he requests you to do something... you do it. You don't act belligerent and argumentative thus escalating the situation. If you want to argue the offense... DO IT IN COURT

No. No. No. Nobody is required by law to obey EVERY request a cop makes. Do some research on that and I think you'll change your mind. That should be obvious on its face.

Once again... when an officer tells you to do something, you do it. Had she not been argumentative and belligerent, Put out the cigarette, Listened to the officer explain the warning to her and just complied with his request... she would have been on her way and all would have been okay in her world. She verbally confronted him, refused a dozen requests he made to put out the cigarette and get out of the car and finally exited the vehicle when threatened with non-lethal force. The more you argue with an officer the more likely he is to become suspicious that you are doing something.

You're talking about being polite - NOT within one's rights. Any cop that looses his/her cool - ESPECIALLY over something to STUPID as a cig, needs to be OFF the force.

No.. she instigated it by refusing a Lawful order on a dozen occasions and then assaulting the officer and resisting arrest. She was the architect of her own problems.

Except she didn't refuse any lawful order because he cannot issue a legal order for her to put out her cig. He started this.

NO.. The cop was polite and was just going to issue a warning. He did his job. Nothing shameful about it. We get it DMP... you dont think cops have a right to tell you what to do.

Unpolitely pulling somebody over for a bullshit reason, then freaking-the-fuck out because she refused a REQUEST (nothing lawful about that) means the cop needs to be fired. He told the world he can't handle people nor stress.

darin
07-27-2015, 09:26 AM
They ask you to extinguish the cigarette because it can be used to injure the officer if a person chooses to flick it in the cops face or some other part of the officer. It is not unreasonable to ask her to do so. He asks because it is for HIS protection.

Dude. That's a SERIOUSLY weak-sauce argument. C'mon now.

Kathianne
07-27-2015, 09:39 AM

Not so. I actually called my bro and asked.

indago
07-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Sandra Bland, a foul-mouthed black woman, was arrested on July 10 by police after what could have been a simple traffic warning. She committed suicide three days later in her jail cell. She was there because no one cared enough about her to bail her out ($500).

The reason Sandra Bland was still in jail three days after being arrested was that she hadn’t posted the $5,000 bond that had been set for her by a Waller County, Texas judge. Posting that bond would have required Bland to come up with $500—10 percent of the full sum—in exchange for her freedom. According to a lawyer for the Bland family, they were working on securing the necessary funds when Bland was found dead in her cell on the morning of July 13.

article (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2015/07/sandra_bland_is_the_bail_system_that_kept_her_in_p rison_unconstitutional.single.html)

Voted4Reagan
07-27-2015, 10:22 AM

any time I have been pulled over I have been asked to extinguish the cigarette and I have complied.

What is so difficult in complying with what the officer tells you?

It's a cigarette... just put it out if he asks

tailfins
07-27-2015, 10:33 AM

That's some nice effort on your part.

darin
07-27-2015, 10:34 AM
any time I have been pulled over I have been asked to extinguish the cigarette and I have complied.

You're right in terms of polite - but not in terms of law. That's the point. Same way if the officer asked to search my car - I ALWAYS say no. Always. Because it's my right to refuse to comply.

tailfins
07-27-2015, 10:37 AM
You're right in terms of polite - but not in terms of law. That's the point. Same way if the officer asked to search my car - I ALWAYS say no. Always. Because it's my right to refuse to comply.

It's not only your right; it's in your best interest. Permitting a cop to search your car leaves you no recourse if they break something.

Noir
07-27-2015, 10:37 AM

He didn't tell, or order etc. he asked, she then asked why he asked.

gabosaurus
07-27-2015, 11:17 AM
One needs to look further into this subject before forming an opinion. Unless you already have a strong dislike of black people, of course.

Sandra Bland was driving toward her new employer, Prairie View A&M University. The police officer in question passed her going the opposite direction. The officer then proceeded to make a U-turn in the middle of the road and speed up until he was on her tail. Bland then changed lanes to get out of his way, which is the law in Texas. You have to give way to emergency vehicles.
The officer then pulled her over for an "unsafe lane change." Which was the first of his many incorrect actions. Which included several threats, including one to "light her up" with a taser.

I normally defend police officers. But this is blatantly wrong. And in line with other events in Waller County, Texas, which has a history of racial misconduct.

indago
07-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Sandra Bland was driving toward her new employer, Prairie View A&M University. The police officer in question passed her going the opposite direction. The officer then proceeded to make a U-turn in the middle of the road and speed up until he was on her tail.

So, he was on her case from the getgo...

Kathianne
07-27-2015, 01:18 PM

I would have also, but it's not the law and he was wrong.

Drummond
07-27-2015, 02:43 PM
He didn't tell, or order etc. he asked, she then asked why he asked.

So she was being argumentative. Needlessly so.

The cop no doubt expects people to show him, and the authority he represents, a measure of respect, and of deferral. She did nothing of the sort. She was argumentative throughout.

What evidence did she show the cop that she was willing to comply with anything he said ? Noir, not even our police would tolerate continued resistance to their requests, and well you know it. The more that happens, the nearer the individual comes to experiencing action taken by the police involved.

darin
07-27-2015, 03:00 PM
So she was being argumentative. Needlessly so.

Not illegal.

The cop no doubt expects people to show him, and the authority he represents, a measure of respect, and of deferral. She did nothing of the sort. She was argumentative throughout.

Expectations of 'signs of respect' aren't part of the deal. They are paid to show discression, compassion, and to serve the commuinty. Even the state of Texas admits the cop violated their standards of 'not being a dick'. :(

What evidence did she show the cop that she was willing to comply with anything he said ? Noir, not even our police would tolerate continued resistance to their requests, and well you know it. The more that happens, the nearer the individual comes to experiencing action taken by the police involved.

The cop showed no evidence she was unwilling to comply. In fact, he wasn't sure what he arrested her for until AFTER she was arrested.

Jeff
07-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Wow, I watched 15 minutes into this and can't believe anyone is defending this woman. She was asked to put her cigarette out after the cop got a run down of her on the radio and then politely asked her what was wrong, where she went off yellowing how pissed off she was. The cop seen ( as everyone should of ) how combative she was going to be at that point, he asked her to put the smoke out,( which as a smoker I can tell you most cops do, I don't believe it is for their saftey but they usually will ask to please put it out, in which in my situations I knock the head off of it and place it on the ashtray, where I can re light it as soon as he is done )

Looked to me like not only did she make a illegal lane change ( yes that was a BS charge but millions of folks get ticketed for it every year, and no it isn't the law that you have to move over if a emergency vehicle is behind you, you are required to move over if his/her lights are on ) but when she came out of the side road she never stopped, I didn't see if their was a stop sign or a yield sign but I did see her just roll through, that is why he did the flip to check her out. All was cool until she was asked to put her precious smoke out, then he was a fuc*ing pussy, yea cops love to be told that. This woman created her own problems plain and simple, she went through nothing more than 1000's do every year, but she thought she could out cuss the cop. The only place I felt he was wrong was when she said I am a effing epileptic and he said Good, not to professional but at that point after being called a ffing pussy for the 100th time I am sure he was glad she had it.

Yes things could of went very different, maybe instead of screaming you are a effing pussy she could of signed the warning and been on her way, naaa that would of been to human like I guess. :rolleyes:

Drummond
07-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Not illegal.

I'm not clear that in this instance Ms Bland's actions (or lack of them) were illegal as such. Even so, it must follow that the more you resist doing what a cop tells you to do, so the nearer you edge towards illegality. Ms Bland must have surely known that being argumentative as she was, was 'playing a dangerous game' ... but she persisted nonetheless. This in turn couldn't have done anything else but ramp up the cop's suspicion that his only reasonable course of action was to be authoritative towards her.

Expectations of 'signs of respect' aren't part of the deal. They are paid to show discression, compassion, and to serve the commuinty. Even the state of Texas admits the cop violated their standards of 'not being a dick'. :(

In the face of continuing and disrespectful defiance of their authority ? There must be limits to what can be tolerated.

The cop showed no evidence she was unwilling to comply. In fact, he wasn't sure what he arrested her for until AFTER she was arrested.

No, he 'just' reacted to her totally uncooperative attitude ! Can you tell me why it was his duty to tolerate it ?

gabosaurus
07-27-2015, 04:16 PM

Sandra Bland attended college at Prairie View. She knew exactly what was going on. Bland is a known activist and was likely recognized by the police officer who stopped her.
Waller County police admit that the stop was illegal. The tape showing the exchange between Bland and the officer is not complete and has likely been edited.
More interesting is what happened between the arrest and when Bland died. Bland was definitely in a poor mental state. Which calls into question why she was place in a cell by herself when there were other cells occupied by multiple prisoners. A woman in the cell next to Bland talked with her extensively and could tell she was growing extremely despondent. She asked the jailers to transfer Bland to their cell so she could be looked after. Jail staff either laughed or showed indifference.
Jailers often checked on other cells but rarely made contact with Bland.

indago
07-27-2015, 05:38 PM
The cop seen ( as everyone should of ) how combative she was going to be at that point

Does that mean that he should engage her in combat?

indago
07-27-2015, 05:42 PM
I do not believe that Sandra Bland hanged herself just a few hours before her sister was set to come and pay the $500 bail it would have taken to get her out of jail. I do not believe Sandra Bland hanged herself two days before taking her dream job at her alma mater. I do not believe Sandra Bland hanged herself.

article (http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/if-i-die-police-custody-why-sandra-blands-death-just-latest-evidence-black-america)

I don't either. She said whe was looking forward to getting that "officer" into court.

Drummond
07-27-2015, 05:42 PM

Keep those good ideas coming .. :rolleyes:

indago
07-27-2015, 06:41 PM
Tom Rowley wrote for The Washington Post 27 July 2015:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bland’s death earlier this month is shining a national spotlight on a small corner of Texas that was already facing an uncomfortable struggle to come to terms with an ugly history of racism. Lynchings were once rampant in Waller County. ...To Bland’s friends, her arrest was a classic case of “driving while black” and her death further proof that talk of a more progressive Waller County is just that — talk. “The difference between now and then is then white people didn’t hide or deny what they did,” said Holice Cook, 37, an old friend who was looking forward to playing pool with Bland. “In this county, they’ve been hanging and killing Negroes since the Civil War.” ...Between 1877 and 1950, Waller County was among the Texas counties with the highest number of lynchings, according to a report by the Equal Justice Initiative.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ugly-history-of-racism-dogs-texas-county-where-sandra-bland-died/2015/07/27/e69ac168-3317-11e5-8353-1215475949f4_story.html)

red state
07-27-2015, 06:56 PM
DMP said it best in a few words regarding his not liking her honesty without the usual @$$ KISSING but I wanted to go step by step on this one:

EVALUATION:

When I first started watching, I though: "What the heck....that was a good stop....and nothing happened about a fight, exchange of words or anything." THEN I saw that the cop did something that is legal in only a few States or area that I know of and if it wasn't legal for him to do so (HE BROKE THE LAW LONG BEFORE HE PULLED THIS GAL OVER). I also saw a difference in his approach and the first person he pulled over should have had her insurance papers, wrote her a ticket and then (AFTER) she presented proof of insurance, have the ticket tore up. I only wish that could get off as easy as the first one did.

Now, back to Ms. Bland; the cop seemed pleasant enough and she, like me and right off the bat, was a bit "hostile" for even being pulled over but she, like me, probably sees much of what the cops could or SHOULD be doing with all the illegal border invaders, drugs and violence out there without worrying about someone driving wrongly (YET SAFER THAN HE DID JUST SECONDS EARLIER). But then, cops for the most part have always seemed 'ABOVE' the law in such insignificant matters.

As for his asking (where are you headed to know); that is NONE of his business and I absolutely HATE when asked that! I have to bite my tongue every time on that one cuz I'd really like to respond with a (THAT'S NONE-YA-BUSINESS). In the cop's defense at this point, I will say that from what my dad's trooper customers have told him is how defiant and blacks in general have become since B.O. came into office (as if they are now above any of the regulations we all much comply with). Still, if I were a cop......you'd have to be driving pretty KraZily before I'd pull you over cuz I'm looking for towel heads and REAL criminals before pulling over this lady. Of course, folks such as this usually don't shoot back so we see more of the "BULLY" crap from cops.

From around 9:15, everything changes. YES, she was irritated BUT, he asked her a question and she TRUTHFULLY and respectfully answered. He then asked her to put out her cig (which is TOTALLY wrong)!!!! It was BS from the start or he would have and should have asked her to do that from the get-go.

WHAT IF SHE HAD A XTRA LARGE SLURPPY.......IS SHE SUPPOSED TO DUMP IT OUT JUST BECAUSE IT CAN ALSO BE FLUNG AT THE OFFICER?!!!!! Jeff, I wouldn't have put it out either (cuz I smoke a pipe and you NEVER re-start a good cigar or pipe)!!!!! SCREW HIM when he asks if I have a gun....none of his business. She is also right in that she does NOT have to step out of the car OR her house unless they have probably cause or a search warrant. He most definitely did not have the right to open her door or escalate an incident that was obviously NOT drug related or any other illegal activity (other than his not liking the fact that he's being treated any differently than any other p-on the pisses folks off..............TOTAL ABUSE OF POWER!!!! I would want my wife to be in this situation or aid in escalating the obvious problem from a hurt-feelings bully but if he stooped over to grab her like that, I truly believe he'd have had at least two in the chest by now....and her favorite nephew is a cop and that is the standard she (I) hold all cops to.

At 10:36, she complies and he should have then calmed down (professionally) and explained to her that he overacted.....especially after she reminded him that this entire ordeal was for "failure to signal". UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!! No, the cop was TOTALLY wrong and had no business at this point to cuff her.....all he was doing was getting his "FACE" back. DESPICABLE whimp.....she classified him correctly was truthful and this whole thing should see the cop washing dishes somewhere. She most definitely had the RIGHT to ask why she was being arrested!!!!!! and if she was not being arrested for drug possession or was not complying (which she had THRICE by putting out her cig, exiting the car and putting her phone down). She was right about him being a coward (especially the part about COURT). He got more aggressive and nervous about that.

Now, at this point, she is TOTALLY defenseless (YET) I read where ya'll said she was thrown to the ground........let me continue watching.

OK, he also had no business removing her glasses. This happened AFTER she pointed out & reminded him that this escalated when he asked her a question (which she truthfully replied). He was expecting some @$$ KISS response but he didn't care for the honesty. I'll say this: it is a wonder that more cops aren't killed after the ticket has been paid and all seems well cuz if he had done my wife like this.........I'll stomp his sorry @$$ a year from now and try not to kill him. Some maniac with the average hunting rifle would definitely do more than what I'd intend and after watching this.......I almost believe that more like the cop who shot the guy in the back AND this woman, need to get the ultimate punishment (or at least an extremely severe one) for undermining the public's trust and tarnishing the badge.

Now at 13:33, she was a stupid hepher for NOT shutting her stupid mouth cuz at this point, she is defenseless and obviously at the WILL of a sorry @$$ SOB!!! It is really pathetic how he KNEW where they would be out of the camera's view and I hope they ALL have to wear the shirt cams soon. It is also funny that he keeps us informed by saying this or that when it is obvious that he inflicted pain and then say that she is now RESISTING ARREST after letting this puny cop handcuff her. THIS I WHY THEY'D BETTER HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR ARRESTING ME AND WHY IT IS A GOOD REASON TO "LAWFULLY" PULL OVER IN A SAVE OR EVEN PUBLIC AREA FOR ALL TO SEE (IF POSSIBLE. I'm not letting some @$$HOLE kick this ole dog just because he had a bad day or got chewed out by the ole lady.

At 14:20, he asks a "WITNESS" to leave. Now, he can tell someone to move back if he feels threatened or fears a crime scene will be defiled, but he can't tell someone to LEAVE or stop filming!!!! THEY (and I've said this before) ARE THE LAW.......NOT GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!

15:45. Someone was obviously filming.....where's that footage? For a none-violent person, who has complied.....he should have, at the very least, waited for a super or a female officer. 17 something, she didn't kick me too hard.....POOR BABY!!!! That happened when he illegally attacked her and entered her car without probable cause or a search warrant!!!!!!

I quite watching at 18:25.......I believe it was all said and done at that point but in response to the thread's opening remarks:
Being hateful (or TRUTHFUL WHEN ASKED A QUESTION) is not against the law or justification to be shot or rough up a defenseless women (who could possible stomp 'shorty's' @$$ if they were in a ring or octagon.

red state
07-27-2015, 07:01 PM
Tom Rowley wrote for The Washington Post 27 July 2015:
Bland’s death earlier this month is shining a national spotlight on a small corner of Texas that was already facing an uncomfortable struggle to come to terms with an ugly history of racism. Lynchings were once rampant in Waller County. ...To Bland’s friends, her arrest was a classic case of “driving while black” and her death further proof that talk of a more progressive Waller County is just that — talk. “The difference between now and then is then white people didn’t hide or deny what they did,” said Holice Cook, 37, an old friend who was looking forward to playing pool with Bland. “In this county, they’ve been hanging and killing Negroes since the Civil War.” ...Between 1877 and 1950, Waller County was among the Texas counties with the highest number of lynchings, according to a report by the Equal Justice Initiative.

article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ugly-history-of-racism-dogs-texas-county-where-sandra-bland-died/2015/07/27/e69ac168-3317-11e5-8353-1215475949f4_story.html)

How about we keep racism or a backlog of history out of this one and simply address the BULL$#!T from the way this (WOMAN) was treated. My GAWD man.....can't you have simply said how crappy it was for a WOMAN (of any color) to be treated like this!!!?!!!! Just this one time? A lot of poor white Southerners were raped, murdered, burnt and/or ran completely off but that has nothing to do with the way the GOV. is overstepping its bounds TODAY!!!!! The WOMAN was treated poorly and the cop should be fired. PERIOD!!!

Jeff
07-27-2015, 08:13 PM

No he should of just kissed her butt and let her go on her merry way, wow what a society we will now have, cuss the cop out and get a free pass, yea right !!!

gabosaurus
07-27-2015, 08:22 PM
No he should of just kissed her butt and let her go on her merry way, wow what a society we will now have, cuss the cop out and get a free pass, yea right !!!

You of all people should know what goes on in rural redneck counties where The Saw Is The Law. The police have their targets and they are going to do what they do best.
Sandra Bland was targeted. She was stop illegally and detained illegally. She was tossed into a rural jail and told that bad things were in store for her.
I do believe Bland hanged herself. There is no evidence that she was killed. But there is also no evidence that the jail staff did anything to stop her from harming herself.

Jeff
07-27-2015, 08:25 PM
DMP said it best in a few words regarding his not liking her honesty without the usual @$$ KISSING but I wanted to go step by step on this one:

EVALUATION:

When I first started watching, I though: "What the heck....that was a good stop....and nothing happened about a fight, exchange of words or anything." THEN I saw that the cop did something that is legal in only a few States or area that I know of and if it wasn't legal for him to do so (HE BROKE THE LAW LONG BEFORE HE PULLED THIS GAL OVER). I also saw a difference in his approach and the first person he pulled over should have had her insurance papers, wrote her a ticket and then (AFTER) she presented proof of insurance, have the ticket tore up. I only wish that could get off as easy as the first one did.

Now, back to Ms. Bland; the cop seemed pleasant enough and she, like me and right off the bat, was a bit "hostile" for even being pulled over but she, like me, probably sees much of what the cops could or SHOULD be doing with all the illegal border invaders, drugs and violence out there without worrying about someone driving wrongly (YET SAFER THAN HE DID JUST SECONDS EARLIER). But then, cops for the most part have always seemed 'ABOVE' the law in such insignificant matters.

As for his asking (where are you headed to know); that is NONE of his business and I absolutely HATE when asked that! I have to bite my tongue every time on that one cuz I'd really like to respond with a (THAT'S NONE-YA-BUSINESS). In the cop's defense at this point, I will say that from what my dad's trooper customers have told him is how defiant and blacks in general have become since B.O. came into office (as if they are now above any of the regulations we all much comply with). Still, if I were a cop......you'd have to be driving pretty KraZily before I'd pull you over cuz I'm looking for towel heads and REAL criminals before pulling over this lady. Of course, folks such as this usually don't shoot back so we see more of the "BULLY" crap from cops.

From around 9:15, everything changes. YES, she was irritated BUT, he asked her a question and she TRUTHFULLY and respectfully answered. He then asked her to put out her cig (which is TOTALLY wrong)!!!! It was BS from the start or he would have and should have asked her to do that from the get-go.

WHAT IF SHE HAD A XTRA LARGE SLURPPY.......IS SHE SUPPOSED TO DUMP IT OUT JUST BECAUSE IT CAN ALSO BE FLUNG AT THE OFFICER?!!!!! Jeff, I wouldn't have put it out either (cuz I smoke a pipe and you NEVER re-start a good cigar or pipe)!!!!! SCREW HIM when he asks if I have a gun....none of his business. She is also right in that she does NOT have to step out of the car OR her house unless they have probably cause or a search warrant. He most definitely did not have the right to open her door or escalate an incident that was obviously NOT drug related or any other illegal activity (other than his not liking the fact that he's being treated any differently than any other p-on the pisses folks off..............TOTAL ABUSE OF POWER!!!! I would want my wife to be in this situation or aid in escalating the obvious problem from a hurt-feelings bully but if he stooped over to grab her like that, I truly believe he'd have had at least two in the chest by now....and her favorite nephew is a cop and that is the standard she (I) hold all cops to.

At 10:36, she complies and he should have then calmed down (professionally) and explained to her that he overacted.....especially after she reminded him that this entire ordeal was for "failure to signal". UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!! No, the cop was TOTALLY wrong and had no business at this point to cuff her.....all he was doing was getting his "FACE" back. DESPICABLE whimp.....she classified him correctly was truthful and this whole thing should see the cop washing dishes somewhere. She most definitely had the RIGHT to ask why she was being arrested!!!!!! and if she was not being arrested for drug possession or was not complying (which she had THRICE by putting out her cig, exiting the car and putting her phone down). She was right about him being a coward (especially the part about COURT). He got more aggressive and nervous about that.

Now, at this point, she is TOTALLY defenseless (YET) I read where ya'll said she was thrown to the ground........let me continue watching.

OK, he also had no business removing her glasses. This happened AFTER she pointed out & reminded him that this escalated when he asked her a question (which she truthfully replied). He was expecting some @$$ KISS response but he didn't care for the honesty. I'll say this: it is a wonder that more cops aren't killed after the ticket has been paid and all seems well cuz if he had done my wife like this.........I'll stomp his sorry @$$ a year from now and try not to kill him. Some maniac with the average hunting rifle would definitely do more than what I'd intend and after watching this.......I almost believe that more like the cop who shot the guy in the back AND this woman, need to get the ultimate punishment (or at least an extremely severe one) for undermining the public's trust and tarnishing the badge.

Now at 13:33, she was a stupid hepher for NOT shutting her stupid mouth cuz at this point, she is defenseless and obviously at the WILL of a sorry @$$ SOB!!! It is really pathetic how he KNEW where they would be out of the camera's view and I hope they ALL have to wear the shirt cams soon. It is also funny that he keeps us informed by saying this or that when it is obvious that he inflicted pain and then say that she is now RESISTING ARREST after letting this puny cop handcuff her. THIS I WHY THEY'D BETTER HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR ARRESTING ME AND WHY IT IS A GOOD REASON TO "LAWFULLY" PULL OVER IN A SAVE OR EVEN PUBLIC AREA FOR ALL TO SEE (IF POSSIBLE. I'm not letting some @$$HOLE kick this ole dog just because he had a bad day or got chewed out by the ole lady.

At 14:20, he asks a "WITNESS" to leave. Now, he can tell someone to move back if he feels threatened or fears a crime scene will be defiled, but he can't tell someone to LEAVE or stop filming!!!! THEY (and I've said this before) ARE THE LAW.......NOT GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!

15:45. Someone was obviously filming.....where's that footage? For a none-violent person, who has complied.....he should have, at the very least, waited for a super or a female officer. 17 something, she didn't kick me too hard.....POOR BABY!!!! That happened when he illegally attacked her and entered her car without probable cause or a search warrant!!!!!!

I quite watching at 18:25.......I believe it was all said and done at that point but in response to the thread's opening remarks:
Being hateful (or TRUTHFUL WHEN ASKED A QUESTION) is not against the law or justification to be shot or rough up a defenseless women (who could possible stomp 'shorty's' @$$ if they were in a ring or octagon.

You have to bite your tongue to not tell the cop it's none of his business but would refuse to quit smoking ? Do you realize how many folks will asks me to please quit smoking when they have to breath in the 2nd hand smoke ? Hell nothing I enjoy more than a smoke after a big OL steak, so from here on out we just tell the restaurants that they are pussies and go ahead and smoke, yea I know the restaurant wasn't mine, but you do realize when you pull into the scales in many states it is illegal to smoke, and yes if the DOT decides to check you out, yes you will do so without smoking.

So the old way of doing things , you remember show a little respect, don't call the cops fuc^ing pussies , you know answer his question sign the warning and go about your business , yea that is stupid now a days, well I would think it might of been what she should of done because she is now dead, as for the motorist that put the cigarette out and kept quiet, they are home playing with Momma.

Jeff
07-27-2015, 08:33 PM
You of all people should know what goes on in rural redneck counties where The Saw Is The Law. The police have their targets and they are going to do what they do best.
Sandra Bland was targeted. She was stop illegally and detained illegally. She was tossed into a rural jail and told that bad things were in store for her.
I do believe Bland hanged herself. There is no evidence that she was killed. But there is also no evidence that the jail staff did anything to stop her from harming herself.

Why was she stopped illegally, she changed lanes without a signal, yea they aren't optional, they come in all cars. When she became belligerent he had every right to detain her. As for being told bad things will happen to you, have you ever been picked up by the police, yes that happens every time, and judging from her past record I am sure she heard it all before. Lets not forget this charming example of a human being had a bail of 500 bucks but even her sister wouldn't bail her out. As for me knowing, you are right Gabs I do, and guess what I am usually a very large target for the police, long hair, tattoo's and riding a Harley but you know what, I have no problem with the police, I show a little respect and realize they are doing their job and by the time they leave they usually apologize and we will joke back and fourth, now have I ever been unfairly treated, yup, and another cop I knew called my cell phone telling me good job not mouthing off and to forget the ticket it had already been squashed.

indago
07-27-2015, 11:12 PM
Lets not forget this charming example of a human being had a bail of 500 bucks but even her sister wouldn't bail her out.

Why do you say that?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Voted4Reagan http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=751422#post751422)

Point out in the video where "She did kick him in the leg".

Aren't you going to "Point out in the video where "She did kick him in the leg""?

How about we keep racism or a backlog of history out of this one and simply address the BULL$#!T from the way this (WOMAN) was treated.

You are probably going to tell us now that there was not a hint of a racial issue here.

red state
07-27-2015, 11:28 PM
Most definitely.....all was OK till he got the answer he WASN'T looking for. If you see race in that video then you are truly blind and for whatever reason full of hate to see something that isn't there. I'm not sure how everyone else sees it but I hope that they, in clear site, see it as I see it on the race issue. In fact, he seemed to get along really, really well with the "other" officer in case you didn't notice. They were simply PRICKS!!!!

You have to bite your tongue to not tell the cop it's none of his business but would refuse to quit smoking ? Do you realize how many folks will asks me to please quit smoking when they have to breath in the 2nd hand smoke ? Hell nothing I enjoy more than a smoke after a big OL steak, so from here on out we just tell the restaurants that they are pussies and go ahead and smoke, yea I know the restaurant wasn't mine, but you do realize when you pull into the scales in many states it is illegal to smoke, and yes if the DOT decides to check you out, yes you will do so without smoking.

So the old way of doing things , you remember show a little respect, don't call the cops fuc^ing pussies , you know answer his question sign the warning and go about your business , yea that is stupid now a days, well I would think it might of been what she should of done because she is now dead, as for the motorist that put the cigarette out and kept quiet, they are home playing with Momma.

Yes, because that is taking it to an extreme when he merely asked a question (however beside the point the question may be) BUT, if he asks me to do something like put out my cigar (or anything OTHER than turn down music, which may goof up any chance of a clear conversation) he is going WAY out of his way to BULLY me and that is the 'line'. We all have lines, Jeff. I don't even agree with or "act" happy about road blocks. I believe they are unAmerican/unConstitutional. What say Ye? As for your mention of restaurants......APPLES & ORANGES and I'm surprised you pulled that one out and used it as a comparison......which is is not. My CAR.

Watch the video again, Jeff.....or perhaps I need to but I tried to type as I watched the video and she, although not the biggest fan of cops pulling her over, was not disrespectful and didn't call the pussy cop a pussy until TSHTF and he didn't get the 'kosher' answer he was probably accustomed to. Again, I'm surprised you ran with that and like I said.....perhaps I need to re-view the video but I'm sure my evaluation was SPOT ON. What if he had asked her to do something else (besides put out the cigerette)? Would she also be obliged to comply so that she could 'make it home and play with the kids'? At what point do we say "NO, I'm not comfortable with doing that and I refuse to comply on the grounds that it is not Constitutional." Tennessee is one of the worse on the highway (or so I've heard) because they are allowing TSA to do their dirty business and if we are not careful or become complacent to "big sis or big bro's" every little command, we'll all be dropping the pants and spreading the cheeks for whomever declares a "lawful order". That SOB was a grade A prick.......with a polite two-faced, cowardly smile and that is the WORSE kind.

Jeff
07-28-2015, 01:18 AM
Why do you say that?

Why do I say that ??? seriously, her own sister wouldn't bail her out, 500 bucks and she walks. Maybe her sister didn't want to bail her out because she was sick of doing so, her arrest record was rather colorful to say the least.

Yes, because that is taking it to an extreme when he merely asked a question (however beside the point the question may be) BUT, if he asks me to do something like put out my cigar (or anything OTHER than turn down music, which may goof up any chance of a clear conversation) he is going WAY out of his way to BULLY me and that is the 'line'. We all have lines, Jeff. I don't even agree with or "act" happy about road blocks. I believe they are unAmerican/unConstitutional. What say Ye? As for your mention of restaurants......APPLES & ORANGES and I'm surprised you pulled that one out and used it as a comparison......which is is not. My CAR.

Watch the video again, Jeff.....or perhaps I need to but I tried to type as I watched the video and she, although not the biggest fan of cops pulling her over, was not disrespectful and didn't call the pussy cop a pussy until TSHTF and he didn't get the 'kosher' answer he was probably accustomed to. Again, I'm surprised you ran with that and like I said.....perhaps I need to re-view the video but I'm sure my evaluation was SPOT ON. What if he had asked her to do something else (besides put out the cigerette)? Would she also be obliged to comply so that she could 'make it home and play with the kids'? At what point do we say "NO, I'm not comfortable with doing that and I refuse to comply on the grounds that it is not Constitutional." Tennessee is one of the worse on the highway (or so I've heard) because they are allowing TSA to do their dirty business and if we are not careful or become complacent to "big sis or big bro's" every little command, we'll all be dropping the pants and spreading the cheeks for whomever declares a "lawful order". That SOB was a grade A prick.......with a polite two-faced, cowardly smile and that is the WORSE kind.

Red as I said do you know that when entering the scales in many states it is illegal to smoke, the truck is mine Red but folks don't want to breath the second hand smoke, as for the restaurant I stated no the restaurant isn't mine, but to me the argument was just that ridicules, whats next bro, when the cop ask you to stay in the car you tell him to pound salt because it's your car so you can open and close the door if you please, hell how about if she just drove off, it's her car after all. The cop simply asked her to put a 20 cent cigarette out, knock the head off and the entire thing is done. This woman wanted to be a crusader, she was a black activist, run a quick check on her and see, she was involved with Black lives matter, Charleston and a host of other activities. She wasn't going to do anything the cop asked without a attitude, she changed lanes illegally, if I had been in her bind spot on my bike and she ran me over and killed me because she decided to move to the right because a cop was behind her ( without lights on ) would she still be right ? No matter how petty she was wrong, turn signals are there for a reason so he had the right to pull her over, in fact most cops figure you have something to hide when you look in the mirror see a cop and pull a sudden lane change to get out of the way, again he didn't have his lights on, so if she was running the speed limit there was no reason for her to jump out of the way, she could of signaled to let all vehicles around her know her intentions and then switch lanes. Red this lady was the racist, check her out, this white cop got the attitude of a black person that feels all the worlds problems are the white peoples fault. Honestly myself I feel Life matters, but this woman was one of those that marched to the black lives matter, yes she was screaming how racist the cops where that shot the thug that had just committed strong arm robbery and then attacked a cop, so I seriously doubt her attitude was anything but bad, and lets not forget this cop didn't kill her, he simply wanted to give her a warning, she pushed and pushed and then was charged, could he of done things more professionally probably, but the outcome was going to be the same.

indago
07-28-2015, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by indago http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=751670#post751670)
Why do you say that?

Why do I say that ??? seriously, her own sister wouldn't bail her out, 500 bucks and she walks. Maybe her sister didn't want to bail her out because she was sick of doing so, her arrest record was rather colorful to say the least.

It has already been posted:

The reason Sandra Bland was still in jail three days after being arrested was that she hadn’t posted the $5,000 bond that had been set for her by a Waller County, Texas judge. Posting that bond would have required Bland to come up with $500—10 percent of the full sum—in exchange for her freedom. According to a lawyer for the Bland family, they were working on securing the necessary funds when Bland was found dead in her cell on the morning of July 13.

Jeff
07-28-2015, 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by indago http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=751670#post751670)
Why do you say that?

It has already been posted:

Step into the year 2015, $500 is as easy to come by as the cigarette she was smoking, I have had to bail out or help bail out many folks, again her sister could of bailed her out the first hour she was arrested, but she needed to secure the necessary funds :rolleyes:, as I said 500 bucks is rather easy to come up with, lets not forget this wasn't this ladies first rodeo with needing bail money. I am guessing the sister was trying to secure the idea of how many times do I need to be running to the cop shop to bail her out, maybe if she spends a few nights in lock up she will learn that when she has to run her mouth and gets locked up it disrupts everyone's life around her.

Noir
07-28-2015, 07:03 AM
Step into the year 2015, $500 is as easy to come by as the cigarette she was smoking, I have had to bail out or help bail out many folks, again her sister could of bailed her out the first hour she was arrested, but she needed to secure the necessary funds :rolleyes:, as I said 500 bucks is rather easy to come up with, lets not forget this wasn't this ladies first rodeo with needing bail money. I am guessing the sister was trying to secure the idea of how many times do I need to be running to the cop shop to bail her out, maybe if she spends a few nights in lock up she will learn that when she has to run her mouth and gets locked up it disrupts everyone's life around her.

'I'm in a position were $500 is easy to acquire within a day or two, therefore others should be able to do the same'

Jeff
07-28-2015, 07:13 AM
'I'm in a position were $500 is easy to acquire within a day or two, therefore others should be able to do the same'

Noir I am not sure what it is like over there but yes anyone over here can come up with $500 easily at anytime, let these same folks crying that they can't have their big screen TV go out right before the big game and you will see just how easy it is.

Or better yet as in my own experience, let a family member get arrested and need $600 asap and yes it is easily gotten.

Perianne
07-28-2015, 07:16 AM

She should not have done the crime.

Jeff
07-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Maybe she was upset when the cop asked her where she was going because she was on her way to pick up a bag ? Now they are saying it is very likley she was smoking pot in jail, this really doesn't sound like a prisioner that was being treated so horribly that she was forced to commit suicide, in fact it sounds about normal for some, either way she was a chronic pot smoker.

HEMPSTEAD, Texas – An initial toxicology report for Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell three days after her arrest during a traffic stop, raises the possibility that she may have used marijuana while in custody, two experts said.
The amount of THC, one of the active components of marijuana, in Bland's system was 18 micrograms per liter, according to the report released Monday. That's more than three times the legal limit for drivers in Colorado and Washington, states that permit the recreational use of marijuana.
"I don't think it's possible to rule out the possibility of use while in jail," said University of Florida toxicology professor Bruce Goldberger, who reviewed the report for The Associated Press. Bland was impaired by marijuana at the time of her death, Goldberger said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/28/experts-sandra-bland-toxicology-report-raises-possibility-used-marijuana-in/?intcmp=hplnws

Noir
07-28-2015, 08:03 AM
Or better yet as in my own experience, let a family member get arrested and need $600 asap and yes it is easily gotten.

Y'know I wish I could just pull $500 out of the air, as the car could do with some repairs.

Noir
07-28-2015, 08:06 AM
Maybe she was upset when the cop asked her where she was going because she was on her way to pick up a bag ? Now they are saying it is very likley she was smoking pot in jail, this really doesn't sound like a prisioner that was being treated so horribly that she was forced to commit suicide, in fact it sounds about normal for some, either way she was a chronic pot smoker.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/28/experts-sandra-bland-toxicology-report-raises-possibility-used-marijuana-in/?intcmp=hplnws

No one noticed she had been smoking a drug in her cell for days?

indago
07-28-2015, 08:10 AM

All conjecture on your part...

Jeff
07-28-2015, 08:11 AM

Happens everyday in jails all around the states Noir

indago
07-28-2015, 08:11 AM

Yes, sure sounds stupid, doesn't it...

Jeff
07-28-2015, 08:15 AM

Y'know I wish I could just pull $500 out of the air, as the car could do with some repairs.

As I said I have no idea how it is over there Noir, but here in the states getting 500 bucks is not hard at all, I am far from rich, heck most would say I am just a broke ass country boy, but as I said when a family member was arrested I came up with 600 bucks with in the hour. There are numerous ways to do so, as for Indago I assume you live in the states, but yet you haven't heard of pot in jails, nor you can't figure out how easy it is to get your hands on 500 bucks, I call BS and won't even try to explain.

indago
08-05-2015, 07:33 AM
Journalist Michael Graczyk wrote for The Associated Press 4 August 2015:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The family of a black woman found dead in a Texas jail three days after a confrontation with a white state trooper filed a wrongful-death lawsuit Tuesday against the officer and other officials, saying it was a last resort after being unable to get enough information about the case. ..."The bottom line is she never should have been inside the jail cell. Period," Bland's mother, Geneva Reed-Veal, said at a news conference.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WOMAN_DEAD_IN_JAIL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-08-04-20-35-53)

Perianne
08-05-2015, 07:35 AM
The family of a black woman found dead in a Texas jail three days after a confrontation with a white state trooper filed a wrongful-death lawsuit Tuesday against the officer and other officials, saying it was a last resort after being unable to get enough information about the case. ..."The bottom line is she never should have been inside the jail cell. Period," Bland's mother, Geneva Reed-Veal, said at a news conference.

article (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WOMAN_DEAD_IN_JAIL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-08-04-20-35-53)

What our forefathers brought us.

jimnyc
08-05-2015, 08:40 AM

Her family is WRONG. The officer was a dickhead. BUT, she was WAY out of line as well. A bad stop doesn't give someone a get out of jail free card. If she littered while she was stopped, it would be 100% legal to ticket her for the offense.

Perianne
08-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Her family is WRONG. The officer was a dickhead. BUT, she was WAY out of line as well. A bad stop doesn't give someone a get out of jail free card. If she littered while she was stopped, it would be 100% legal to ticket her for the offense.

An ex-state cop friend of mine told me that a ticket is in lieu of arrest and that the officer can arrest anyone instead of issuing a ticket.

Face it. She was a troubled woman and now the family is trying to cash in on her mental illness.

jimnyc
08-05-2015, 08:48 AM
An ex-state cop friend of mine told me that a ticket is in lieu of arrest and that the officer can arrest anyone instead of issuing a ticket.

Face it. She was a troubled woman and now the family is trying to cash in on her mental illness.

That's correct. And she was only going to get a warning.

But yeah, they CAN arrest for most offenses and bring back to the precinct. And then there are tons of offenses that they used to do that with, where they are now handing out tickets with a signature, and setting them free. I suppose it sometimes depends on how the person acts? Maybe Bland would still be walking around today if not for her OWN actions (not to mention her own damn suicide)

Perianne
08-05-2015, 09:01 AM
That's correct. And she was only going to get a warning.

But yeah, they CAN arrest for most offenses and bring back to the precinct. And then there are tons of offenses that they used to do that with, where they are now handing out tickets with a signature, and setting them free. I suppose it sometimes depends on how the person acts? Maybe Bland would still be walking around today if not for her OWN actions (not to mention her own damn suicide)

I tend to be hard-nosed about such things, but I truly feel sorry for this family. Ms. Bland was troubled and killed herself. The family is grieving and is looking for blame. Sometimes there is no one to blame.

Perianne
09-28-2016, 12:30 PM

My apologies. Being foul-mouthed does pay off. $1.9 million to the family.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-death-idUSKCN11L1Q7

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 01:57 PM
My apologies. Being foul-mouthed does pay off. $1.9 million to the family.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-texas-death-idUSKCN11L1Q7

I don't think they deserved a damn thing at all. With some folks it's all about the money. So sad.

pete311
09-29-2016, 02:21 PM
The cop lost his cool and pulled a power trip on a women with mental illness. Yay society.

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 02:24 PM
The cop lost his cool and pulled a power trip on a women with mental illness. Yay society.

She was rightfully arrested. Laws don't change for those with mental illnesses.

pete311
09-29-2016, 02:32 PM
She was rightfully arrested. Laws don't change for those with mental illnesses.

Dude you're out of your damn mind if you think this cop acted appropriately. She's pulled over for not signaling while changing lanes. One of the most minor things you can do. Then ripped out of her car and beat up for not putting her cig out which the cop has no right to demand. Then in jail and committed suicide. Fucking hell dude. Really? You don't think this all could have been handled differently? We are not civilized.

jimnyc
09-29-2016, 02:38 PM
Dude you're out of your damn mind if you think this cop acted appropriately. She's pulled over for not signaling while changing lanes. One of the most minor things you can do. Then ripped out of her car and beat up for not putting her cig out which the cop has no right to demand. Then in jail and committed suicide. Fucking hell dude. Really? You don't think this all could have been handled differently? We are not civilized.

I never once mentioned the cop.

She acted like a raving lunatic, regardless of his actions. HER actions are what brought her to jail. If she had simply acted like a human being and gave ID, and then moved along, she would be with us today. A cop acting like a dick doesn't give someone the right to freak out like a raving loony. THe cop was just fine with her and polite. Then the cigarette issue and then she refused to get out. YES, he was an asshole - but that doesn't excuse her actions. So as a result, she was arrested. If she didn't act like that, she could have walked, or maybe got a ticket.

So yeah, fire him if you want, wouldn't bother me, it's not like he shot the woman. And again, he was fine and polite with her long enough until she continued with her idiot routine. She should have cooperated, simple as that.