PDA

View Full Version : Where would you be without Jesus ?

tailfins
07-27-2015, 09:57 AM
For me the answer is two words: Adam Lanza .

Noir
07-27-2015, 09:58 AM
You would be a murderer without jesus?

tailfins
07-27-2015, 09:59 AM

Probably.

Augusto
07-27-2015, 10:13 AM
Why? Please share. I'm interested in your psychological profile, your personality, reasons and so on.

darin
07-27-2015, 10:38 AM
This is a self-aggrandizing 'humility' thread designed to get people to one-up the others' stories on how 'lost' they'd be.

tailfins
07-27-2015, 10:40 AM
This is a self-aggrandizing 'humility' thread designed to get people to one-up the others' stories on how 'lost' they'd be.

You're a mod, who am I to argue with you? Just close the thread. I can't speak freely.

darin
07-27-2015, 10:48 AM
You're a mod, who am I to argue with you? Just close the thread. I can't speak freely.

I am commenting on your thread as a user, not as staff.

But I'm not a moderator. I'm an Admin. The moderators work for Me other Admins and I work for Jim. (shrug).

Gnostic Christian Bishop
07-28-2015, 09:45 AM
For me the answer is two words: Adam Lanza .

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

tailfins
07-28-2015, 09:50 AM
Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Gifts are not immoral. Offering help is not immoral. Jesus could have come down from the cross anytime he wanted.

Augusto
07-28-2015, 09:57 AM
You would do well in separate the "magic" from the story that is told in the gospels. After doing that, you would do well in studying other prophets or foundators of different cults or religions:

- Moses
- Jesus
- Mohammed
- Joseph Smith
- Charles Taze Russell
- Jim Jones
- Charles Mason

Think about this guys and search for the similarities. It should be interesting.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
07-28-2015, 10:04 AM
Gifts are not immoral. Offering help is not immoral. Jesus could have come down from the cross anytime he wanted.

God condemned you then died for you, except that God cannot die. Where is the gift?

Offering help/life after threatening death is immoral.

Jesus said he was doing his fathers will and not his own.

Do you agree?

If not, then you are supporting the notion that it is somehow good and just to take advantage of the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty.

Would you vote for a judge who though that way?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
07-28-2015, 10:07 AM

Do these not indicate that your sins are our responsibility?

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The declaration which says that God visits the sins of the fathers upon the children is contrary to every principle of moral justice. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

Regards
DL

gabosaurus
07-28-2015, 10:37 AM
Jesus is not a physical person. Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity that guides your life -- the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
It is the Spirit that is able to lift you out of the valleys of despair. You don't need a physical presence. You pray and the Spirit comes to lift you up.
This is why I love being part of a Living Church. We are One. Our ministry speaks to black and white, rich and poor, women and men. We don't have one man preaching and the others listening. Everyone has a voice and is welcome to shout Hosanna.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Zx74T70bs

Gnostic Christian Bishop
07-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Jesus is not a physical person. Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity that guides your life -- the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
It is the Spirit that is able to lift you out of the valleys of despair. You don't need a physical presence. You pray and the Spirit comes to lift you up.
This is why I love being part of a Living Church. We are One. Our ministry speaks to black and white, rich and poor, women and men. We don't have one man preaching and the others listening. Everyone has a voice and is welcome to shout Hosanna.

Here is what I think of your delusion. I guess that you are not aware how Constantine forced the church to adopt that ridiculous idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VsN3IG1HtQ

Your church is a misogynous entity that has denied women full citizenship forever.
Read Genesis 3. He shall over you (woman).

Shame on you for not being a feminist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR3g&feature=related

Regard
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
07-28-2015, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=gabosaurus;751788]QUOTE]

I thought you might like this hymn.

Perhaps you can tell me why they call Adam's sin necessary and a happy fault.

Seem that the church likes the idea of Adam sinning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWjpq43mPeo

Regards
DL

Augusto
07-28-2015, 12:38 PM
The feminist video made me feel sad. When I see so much injustice... really, and women still support religion... not to mention black dudes supporting catholicism or mormonism.

It's a crazy world.

gabosaurus
07-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Well done, gnostic. I find you to be tremendously entertaining. :beer:

Balu
07-28-2015, 01:16 PM
"Street-street, avenue-avenue" manner of thinking and forming your brains may play a bad game with you ALL, Americans.
2,000 years past and you had an idea of about sheep Dolly.
Use your brains, if any, generation of Comics!
P.S.
A hint!
ALL the American Ambassadors in Africa were Negroes!!!

Gnostic Christian Bishop
07-28-2015, 01:22 PM
The feminist video made me feel sad. When I see so much injustice... really, and women still support religion... not to mention black dudes supporting catholicism or mormonism.

It's a crazy world.

Weird indeed. Especially when you consider how many do not really believe in their, --- inherited from daddy, --- Gods, As clearly shown in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2VjdpVonY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2VjdpVonY)

It seems that all religions are are social clubs and or just theatre to entertain ourselves with.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
07-28-2015, 01:33 PM
Well done, gnostic. I find you to be tremendously entertaining. :beer:

I do my best work with women.

;)

Have you ever seen what your older religious heads thought of women?

I find those really entertaining.

Was your founding father Martin Luther?

The word and works of God is quite clear, that women were made either to be wives or prostitutes. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546), Works 12.94

No gown worse becomes a woman than the desire to be wise. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546)

Men have broad and large chests, and small narrow hips, and more understanding than women, who have but small and narrow breasts, and broad hips, to the end they should remain at home, sit still, keep house, and bear and bring up children. – Martin Luther, Reformer (1483-1546), Table Talk

“If a woman grows weary and, at last, dies from childbearing, it matters not. Let her die from bearing - she is there to do it.”
- Martin Luther

The second century St. Clement of Alexandria wrote: "Every woman should be filled with shame by the thought that she is a woman."

The Church father Tertullian explained why women deserve their status as despised and inferior human beings:

"And do you not know that you are an Eve? The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives in this age: the guilt must of necessity live too. You are the devil's gateway: you are the unsealer of that tree: you are the first deserter of the divine law: you are she who persuaded him whom the devil was not valiant enough to attack. You destroyed so easily God's image, man. On account of your desert that is, death even the Son of God had to die."

The sixth century Christian philosopher, Boethius, wrote in The Consolation of Philosophy, "Woman is a temple built upon a sewer."

In the tenth century Odo of Cluny declared, "To embrace a woman is to embrace a sack of manure..."

St. Thomas Aquinas suggested that God had made a mistake in creating woman: "nothing [deficient] or defective should have been produced in the first establishment of things; so woman ought not to have been produced then."

I have much more if you are interested in more entertainment.

Regards
DL

Voted4Reagan
07-28-2015, 03:46 PM
for me the answer is two words: Adam lanza .

this is a test of the tailfinns board trolling system

if it had a shred of intelligent thought it would have been posted by someone else.

This concludes this test of the tailwind board trolling system...

Please dont feed the misogynistic troll!!

gabosaurus
07-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Religion then is not religion now. No one does animal sacrifices or shuns outcasts to lepers colonies.
Religion is different things to different people. There are many ways to preach the Gospel and many ways to celebrate His Word.
I've been to a Catholic church steeped in ceremony. I've been to my in-law's Baptist church where everyone listens to the minister.
In my church, you don't attend the service. You ARE the service. We believe in the living, breathing word of God. Everyone is welcome to participate as the Holy Spirit moves them.