PDA

View Full Version : In Jersey

jimnyc
07-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Forgot to say... if anyone needs me, or sends me a PM, I am in NJ with limited access. I am dog/cat watching for my sister. I will be back home lat Wednesday or Thursday morning.

It's HOT as hell, and limited air conditioning too! Glad I stayed at hotel. But all I have is a crappy tablet, and no keyboard. :(

But at least air is set to 54 in the room when I get back!! :laugh2::laugh2:

gabosaurus
07-27-2015, 11:18 AM
Please accept my condolences that you are having to spend an extended amount of time in New Jersey. :cool:

Jeff
07-27-2015, 02:21 PM
Please accept my condolences that you are having to spend an extended amount of time in New Jersey. :cool:

:lol::lol:

Gabs he is from NY, not much better :laugh:

But they do have good pizza. :thumb:

Drummond
07-27-2015, 02:32 PM
Talking of 'trips away', Gabby, how did yours to my homeland go ?

Did you take those excursions into the Leftie, ahem, 'paradises' I listed for you before (e.g Tottenham) ? Were you impressed by what generations of uninterrupted Left-wing management of an area has foisted upon its inhabitants ?

Do tell ....

Rat
07-27-2015, 02:37 PM
Good luck jimnyc. Sounds rough but I'm leaving for Syria and Iraq for 2 weeks this weekend so no feel bad for you. We can switch if want. I watch pets and you go play in sandbox. New Jersey might be more dangerous. :laugh:

gabosaurus
07-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Talking of 'trips away', Gabby, how did yours to my homeland go ?

Did you take those excursions into the Leftie, ahem, 'paradises' I listed for you before (e.g Tottenham) ? Were you impressed by what generations of uninterrupted Left-wing management of an area has foisted upon its inhabitants ?

Do tell ....

Well, let's see. Stayed with friends west of Manchester for a while. Watched an 8 and under girls football (soccer) match. Stayed in London for a few days to watch The Ashes at Lords. England played very poorly and got smacked by over 400 runs. Did a lot of shopping. Don't believe I didn't anything politically oriented. My daughter would not have stood for that. Don't know if I would have recognized a "leftie" area of town from a "rightie" area. It's not like they had signs or anything.
Went to Milan for a few days. My former college roommate just had her first child and her family was quite happy. We ate quite well.

Drummond
07-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Well, let's see. Stayed with friends west of Manchester for a while. Watched an 8 and under girls football (soccer) match. Stayed in London for a few days to watch The Ashes at Lords. England played very poorly and got smacked by over 400 runs. Did a lot of shopping. Don't believe I didn't anything politically oriented. My daughter would not have stood for that. Don't know if I would have recognized a "leftie" area of town from a "rightie" area. It's not like they had signs or anything.
Went to Milan for a few days. My former college roommate just had her first child and her family was quite happy. We ate quite well.

Glad you enjoyed your time here. Your shopping .. they've a decent shopping centre at the Arndale, in Manchester .. or did you wait for a spree in Oxford Street ? Nipped round to Marks & Spencer, near Bond Street tube, maybe .. or the 'biggies' like John Lewis and Debenhams ?

It's probably as well that you did nothing political. Discussions had with bona fide Lefties here would've revealed some disparities, I think, between what you see as Leftie, and what they'd consider of the Left.

As for recognising a 'Leftie' area of town, actually, it's easy. If you'd looked for areas with a high immigrant proportion of population, &/or, if you'd looked around at an especially dilapidated borough (I listed Tottenham and Hackney before, didn't I ?) .. then you'd know you were in a Leftie area !!

You see, it's really simple to do so. Look for areas showing signs of ruination ... and hey presto, you're in a Leftie area.

Go to the more affluent areas, like northern Enfield, or Kensington & Chelsea. Such areas are well served by their electoral representatives ... who are invariably Conservative.

jimnyc
07-29-2015, 12:05 PM
Back from Jersey! Too effing hot. Was 96 yesterday and a portion of my body melted. I think "real feel" was about 110. I lost mega weight, which will come back on today with fluids. I am used to non stop air conditioning, which wasn't really to be had at my sis's. And I was also outside a lot and doing things for various reasons. Murphy's Law was around for the past few days. The computer was in the screened in room, which was about as hot as the sun.

I got some pictures of the animals I'll post later. :)

NightTrain
07-29-2015, 12:12 PM
I totally missed this thread until now.... which is why I texted you a couple of days ago.

Yep, nothing gets past me.

jimnyc
07-29-2015, 12:25 PM
I totally missed this thread until now.... which is why I texted you a couple of days ago.

Yep, nothing gets past me.

Made me nervous, I thought board was down and I was going to have to sit in the sauna to work on things!!

NightTrain
07-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Made me nervous, I thought board was down and I was going to have to sit in the sauna to work on things!!

I refrained from breaking the board... that was a risky move on your part, hoser!

jimnyc
07-29-2015, 05:02 PM
Here's me melting again in NJ. That is not a smug look, or a smirk, that is me slowly dying from heat exhaustion. I shit you not - I lost between 10-13 lbs since Sunday morning. I'm sure almost all water, being I sweat for like 72 hours straight. That's the look of a guy begging for a pool, or 60 degree AC!!

http://i.imgur.com/y5vo3ln.jpg

jimnyc
07-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Oh damn, pic didn't look that big when I had it on my machine. With it this big you can almost make out the 2 chest hairs I have! :)

NightTrain
07-29-2015, 05:20 PM
What's with all that grey?

Looks like you're working on your DeNiro scowl there.

jimnyc
07-29-2015, 05:26 PM
What's with all that grey?

Looks like you're working on your DeNiro scowl there.

I think the sun was too bright and made the reflection and then made the hair of a weird reflection of grey. :dunno: Either that or I'm getting old? Shit, I chalk it up to stress!! You can't make it out as much other than on my unshaven face. If I open my sunroof while driving, and then look in my rear view, looks like I'm about 92 with all the greys!! :laugh:

NightTrain
07-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to grey as well... last time I got a haircut there were an alarming amount of grey hairs in the mix on the floor.

Who knows, maybe a full head of silver hair will finally make me a distinguished gentleman!

jimnyc
07-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to grey as well... last time I got a haircut there were an alarming amount of grey hairs in the mix on the floor.

Who knows, maybe a full head of silver hair will finally make me a distinguished gentleman!

That's what I thought, that maybe the ladies and others would think I am like "the most interesting man in the world". But now they just think I'm a grey haired dirtbag! LOL

NightTrain
07-29-2015, 05:34 PM
:laugh2:

Dirty Old Man comes to mind.

gabosaurus
07-29-2015, 06:49 PM
That's what I thought, that maybe the ladies and others would think I am like "the most interesting man in the world". But now they just think I'm a grey haired dirtbag! LOL

I personally think you are the most interesting grey haired dirtbag in the world. :p

Abbey Marie
08-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Jim, I could have seen you on the Sopranos.