PDA

View Full Version : I bought meat this am...

AllieBaba
07-31-2015, 11:11 AM
Petite sirloin and bottom round roasts were on sale. Now what should I do with them.......the sirloin is primarily for bbq. I'm thinking about smoking the roasts...

AllieBaba
07-31-2015, 11:14 AM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm287/Ronp100343/001-82.jpg http://www.themeatsource.com/images/IMG_3642.jpg http://www.steaktenderizer.com/images/round_roast_recipe_large.jpg

jimnyc
07-31-2015, 11:23 AM
Petite sirloin and bottom round roasts were on sale. Now what should I do with them.......the sirloin is primarily for bbq. I'm thinking about smoking the roasts...

Well, if you fly me to Oregon I will gladly help you dispose of them. :)

AllieBaba
07-31-2015, 11:25 AM
Well, if you fly me to Oregon I will gladly help you dispose of them. :) Lol...our family reunion is next weekend so I sort of stocked up.

jimnyc
07-31-2015, 11:29 AM
Lol...our family reunion is next weekend so I sort of stocked up.

My brother in law made me some filet mignon a few nights back. He knows he can bribe me to do things if he does that. He cooks good on the grill! I hate him again now that I'm back home though.

Voted4Reagan
07-31-2015, 11:32 AM
Well, if you fly me to Oregon I will gladly help you dispose of them. :)

Dear Lord.... Just go to Stew Leonards and buy some Jimmy!!!

jimnyc
07-31-2015, 11:34 AM
Dear Lord.... Just go to Stew Leonards and buy some Jimmy!!!

Well then who is going to cook it? :poke:

BJ_WA
07-31-2015, 11:40 AM
I do sauerbraten with bottom round roasts but it's too hot at present to be doing that. It's a winter dish for us.

I've thought about brining one and smoking it for chipped beef.
I think I could slice it thin on the mandolin.

I like petite sirloin for Steak and Guinness Pie and cubed for chili, as well.

I was reading about flatiron, too. It's a cheap cut of meat they changed the name to something fancy so they can charge more for it. But then again all bbef cuts are sky rocketing. I should save these articles to share.

AllieBaba
07-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Tonight I'm making a balsamic reduction for a caprese salad I am taking to a wedding reception tomorrow....so my dinner tonight will be steak with goat cheese and that balsamic reduction. Yum: http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/filet-mignon-with-balsamic-syrup-and-goat-cheese.html I won't be doing filet mignon, but it will be good all the same.

jimnyc
07-31-2015, 06:14 PM
I had a turkey burger for dinner. (and I snuck in a leftover piece of sausage pizza when no one was looking too!). And the woman made some beans, which I avoided eating, as I don't care for beans. And I have a kick ass sized piece of blueberry cheesecake with my name on it for later!!

gabosaurus
07-31-2015, 06:14 PM
If AllieBaba wants to make new friends on DP, I suggest he contact Noir and invite him to dinner. :cool:

hjmick
07-31-2015, 06:49 PM
Whoa... Way too much information... Wait... OH...

You bought meat this a.m...

Never mind...

jimnyc
07-31-2015, 06:55 PM
Don't care what anyone says, I just laughed out VERY loud at the post above me! :lol:

gabosaurus
07-31-2015, 11:13 PM
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!
How can you expect any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Voted4Reagan
08-01-2015, 06:05 AM
Well then who is going to cook it? :poke:

Damn it man... You cook it!! Fire up the grill caveman and sear the flesh of beasts on it..

Jimmy have meat

Jimmy cook meat on fire

Jimmy happy!

Jimmy tell wife to bring him diet pepsi..

Jimmy then get black eye

Caveman Jimmy then sad....

Voted4Reagan
08-01-2015, 06:06 AM
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!
How can you expect any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Pink Floyd... The Wall

Excellent Gabs!!

Solo
08-01-2015, 01:14 PM
http://www.kpauls.com/chefs/

Thats the site for Chef Paul Prudhommes store. I buy the big restaurant cannisters of spice because its soo much cheaper than the small ones.

The spices are rubs and he has them for alot of things. You can see them all at the site.

For steaks I use Meat Magic and Just Good Seasoning.
His Pork and Veal rub is really good on grilled pork chops and roasts.

He has a dry rub barbecue seasoning he sells also

I use his poultry seasoning for chicken but I rub just good seasoning on first.

I use other seasonings also but I thought id share these. I personally didnt like his salmon seasoning and a couple of others.

gabosaurus
08-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Pink Floyd... The Wall

Excellent Gabs!!

Not their best album (that honor goes to Animals) but still some great songs.

Voted4Reagan
08-01-2015, 04:48 PM
I came home an hour ago and WiccanLiberal Had Baby Back Ribs and Fresh Macaroni salad ready for me as soon as I walked in the door...

That woman is a Keeper!!!

I may even get lucky tonight!!

WiccanLiberal
08-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the thumbs up Honey. Always nice to be appreciated.

Voted4Reagan
08-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the thumbs up Honey. Always nice to be appreciated.

Do I get Boobies later??

AllieBaba
08-02-2015, 11:22 AM
I did the steak/chevre/balsamic reduction thing and it was good but not over the top. I think there are better uses for goat cheese and that spendy condiment. Like quiche....

AllieBaba
08-02-2015, 11:59 AM
Whoops dbl post stupid phone

AllieBaba
08-02-2015, 12:05 PM
7548leftover steak, chevre, tomato. Avocado salad in a jar.