PDA

View Full Version : WTF!!!! Washington, DC to set Marijuana LIMITS!!!!!

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 02:26 AM
This ought to give some of you non freedom jerks some pause for reflection!!!!!!!

By CURT WOODWARD, Associated Press

SEATTLE - This fall, sober public servants will convene meetings across Washington state to answer a pressing question: How much marijuana constitutes a two-month supply?

The American Civil Liberties Union and some state lawmakers think it could be the beginning of even broader reforms by the state's Democratic-controlled Legislature.

But some patients wish the state wouldn't bother, spooked the government will make the limits too restrictive and cause more arrests for people in frail health...............

Adding to the debate, marijuana varies in potency, and different users use different amounts.

"I know the people of Washington state didn't want lawyers and judges and prosecutors arguing about little piddly details like this," Hiatt said. "Is the person sick? Yes. Are they using it with a doctor's permission? Yes. Then leave them alone."

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070705/ap_on_he_me/medical_marijuana

What a trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pale Rider
07-06-2007, 08:05 AM
This ought to give some of you non freedom jerks some pause for reflection!!!!!!!

SEATTLE - This fall, sober public servants will convene meetings across Washington state to answer a pressing question: How much marijuana constitutes a two-month supply?

The American Civil Liberties Union and some state lawmakers think it could be the beginning of even broader reforms by the state's Democratic-controlled Legislature.

But some patients wish the state wouldn't bother, spooked the government will make the limits too restrictive and cause more arrests for people in frail health...............

Adding to the debate, marijuana varies in potency, and different users use different amounts.

"I know the people of Washington state didn't want lawyers and judges and prosecutors arguing about little piddly details like this," Hiatt said. "Is the person sick? Yes. Are they using it with a doctor's permission? Yes. Then leave them alone."

Responding to your own post on the top of it makes you look weak Pb. What an asswad.

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 12:07 AM
What the hell are you talking about, asswad?

Responding to your own post on the top of it makes you look weak Pb. What an asswad.

Lost on yourself? I thought so!!!!!

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 03:52 PM

Couldn't have said that better myself. I've come to accept it, he is the king of flaming on here.

Psychoblues
07-12-2007, 03:35 AM
Your pitiful repetition of the lie doesn't make it real, nm.

Couldn't have said that better myself. I've come to accept it, he is the king of flaming on here.

Flame this: :pee:

Hagbard Celine
07-20-2007, 04:02 PM

Seriously, what are you talking about? All psycho said was "what a trip." How is that "responding to his own post?"

I think they shouldn't be quibbling over details like this either. People's tolerances to weed differ from person to person, so some might need more than another person would need. Why does the government have to poke it's dirty head into every single thing?

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 03:33 AM
Maybe it's an oblique attempt at creating smaller government?

Seriously, what are you talking about? All psycho said was "what a trip." How is that "responding to his own post?"

I think they shouldn't be quibbling over details like this either. People's tolerances to weed differ from person to person, so some might need more than another person would need. Why does the government have to poke it's dirty head into every single thing?

Don't you think, HC?

stephanie
07-21-2007, 03:44 AM
I think they should Legalize ALL Illegal DRUGS....And then tax the shit out of them, the same that they do with alcohol and cigarettes.....

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 04:20 AM
I will guarantee you that would ultimately "shrink" the government, staphy!!!!!!!!!

I think they should Legalize ALL Illegal DRUGS....And then tax the shit out of them, the same that they do with alcohol and cigarettes.....

But, some damn repuplicon will demand an equal raise in the gas tax, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's a working class thing or haven't you noticed?

stephanie
07-21-2007, 04:43 AM
I will guarantee you that would ultimately "shrink" the government, staphy!!!!!!!!!

But, some damn repuplicon will demand an equal raise in the gas tax, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? It's a working class thing or haven't you noticed?

Yeah...Repuplicon or democraticon.....

What is the difference????:laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 04:55 AM
Are you saying that maybe a Ralph Nader or a Ross Perot has a prayers chance in hell for national election?

Yeah...Repuplicon or democraticon.....

What is the difference????:laugh2:

Or are you doing as usual and just fuckin' with me?

Nate
07-22-2007, 08:29 PM
(1) The article is about Washington state, not Washington D.C. as the title of this thread says.

(2) If the article had in fact in fact been about D.C., I'd have pointed out the 30 year ban on law-abiding adults keeping functional rifles and shotguns and all handguns. Of course, this ban was overturned by a federal appeals court and DC has indicated they will file for cert, but nonetheless... This ban was a true assault on freedom and liberty, and we're whining about a couple of hippies who can't do bong rips in public.

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 01:19 AM
Seriously, Nate, I was wondering when someone might notice that. YOU win the prize!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) The article is about Washington state, not Washington D.C. as the title of this thread says.

(2) If the article had in fact in fact been about D.C., I'd have pointed out the 30 year ban on law-abiding adults keeping functional rifles and shotguns and all handguns. Of course, this ban was overturned by a federal appeals court and DC has indicated they will file for cert, but nonetheless... This ban was a true assault on freedom and liberty, and we're whining about a couple of hippies who can't do bong rips in public.

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!! Have a great time here!!!!!!!!!

nevadamedic
07-23-2007, 01:39 AM

Freshmeat! :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-23-2007, 01:41 AM
Are you saying that maybe a Ralph Nader or a Ross Perot has a prayers chance in hell for national election?

Or are you doing as usual and just fuckin' with me?

Ross Perot had a chance when he ran the first time until he messed it all up.

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Suck it up, nm.

Ross Perot had a chance when he ran the first time until he messed it all up.

He lost and for a very good reason. Americans are more imaginative than all his charts and graphs. As our quality of life diminishes under rEpublican and/or self named conservative leadership our more liberal (or American) side tends to flourish. Having been suckered in the past to support supply side (trickle down) economics I feel that I am qualified to comment on this subject.

Pale Rider
07-25-2007, 03:25 PM

It appears you missed the post where he said the exact same thing to me. I was simply seeing if psycho can take his own medicine... and he can't.

What a shocker. A liberal that's a hypocrit.

Pale Rider
07-25-2007, 03:28 PM

No one needs pot. This whole medicinal gig is a shame. The only reason it's partially legal is because it's not really all that dangerous, and law enforcement is tired of running down pot heads and dealers.

Hagbard Celine
07-25-2007, 03:43 PM
No one needs pot. This whole medicinal gig is a shame. The only reason it's partially legal is because it's not really all that dangerous, and law enforcement is tired of running down pot heads and dealers.

No one needs tobacco or beer either. :dunno: The bolded part is why so many people think the laws are stupid.

Trigg
07-25-2007, 04:13 PM

Gotta agree with hagbard on this one. There is no reason for it to be illegal, since it really is in the same league with alcohol and tobacco.

Pale Rider
07-25-2007, 04:15 PM
No one needs tobacco or beer either. :dunno: The bolded part is why so many people think the laws are stupid.

Gotta agree with hagbard on this one. There is no reason for it to be illegal, since it really is in the same league with alcohol and tobacco.
And that's what I was getting at. I couldn't care less if they legalized pot. I think it's less dangerous than booze myself.

Trigg
07-25-2007, 07:32 PM
And that's what I was getting at. I couldn't care less if they legalized pot. I think it's less dangerous than booze myself.

we all agree on something group hug :thewave:

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 07:36 PM
This thread brought to you by Frito Lay. :)

Trigg
07-25-2007, 07:40 PM
This thread brought to you by Frito Lay. :)

Maybe it's just me but, :confused:

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 07:42 PM

http://www.pepsico.com/PEP_Investors/AnnualReports/01/images/products/frito_lay_products.gif

Yurt
07-25-2007, 09:26 PM

The medicinal part is not a sham. I have personally done the research on this for a debate I had a couple of years ago and was shocked at how much scientific proof there is for it being medicinal. I actually won the debate, though will concede the prof might have a been a wee biased. Still, I took the debate on because I disagreed with the viewpoint and ended up seeing that, yes, in fact, marijuana has medicinal values.

The crap they stuff in cancer patients, glaucoma patients, IMHO, is mild compared to "weed."

Abbey Marie
07-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Whether pot is scientifically proven to help or not, if it makes people with cancer feel better, it's a good enough reason to let them have it.

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 10:35 AM

Not that dangerous?!?!?!?!? My bestfriend killed himself while high on it. Before he started using it he has no signs of depression what so ever.

nevadamedic
07-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Suck it up, nm.

He lost and for a very good reason. Americans are more imaginative than all his charts and graphs. As our quality of life diminishes under rEpublican and/or self named conservative leadership our more liberal (or American) side tends to flourish. Having been suckered in the past to support supply side (trickle down) economics I feel that I am qualified to comment on this subject.

:slap:

Pale Rider
07-26-2007, 06:56 PM
The medicinal part is not a sham. I have personally done the research on this for a debate I had a couple of years ago and was shocked at how much scientific proof there is for it being medicinal. I actually won the debate, though will concede the prof might have a been a wee biased. Still, I took the debate on because I disagreed with the viewpoint and ended up seeing that, yes, in fact, marijuana has medicinal values.

The crap they stuff in cancer patients, glaucoma patients, IMHO, is mild compared to "weed."

Well then, you should be able to show us some proof as to these medicinal values. Let's see it.

Pale Rider
07-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Not that dangerous?!?!?!?!? My bestfriend killed himself while high on it. Before he started using it he has no signs of depression what so ever.

No... it's not that dangerous. Your friend probably killed himself because of some old, deep, emotional problems that you never knew about.

Pale Rider
07-26-2007, 06:59 PM

Smoking pot is supposed to give you the munchies. Never did me, but that's the rumor.

Trigg
07-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Smoking pot is supposed to give you the munchies. Never did me, but that's the rumor.

Well a great big DUH to myself, even after she posted the picture I still didn't get it.

Psychoblues
07-27-2007, 01:28 AM
This is a good one for the otherwise unindoctrinated to read. What a GREAT conversation. PS. Ignore the personal insults and dig the jamm and a GREAT jamm it is trying to turn out to be!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel Heart
07-28-2007, 07:10 PM

ITA

Psychoblues
07-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Great Post, Angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITA

WELCOME TO THE DP BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel Heart
07-29-2007, 01:38 AM
New Studies Destroy the Last Objection to Medical Marijuana

By Bruce Mirken, AlterNet. Posted May 2, 2007.

New research on "vaporization" has demonstrated that all those fears about the ill effects of smoking marijuana are 100 percent obsolete.

Anyone who advocates for medical marijuana sooner or later runs into arguments about smoking: "No real medicine is smoked." "Smoking is bad for the lungs; why would any doctor recommend something so harmful?" It's a line of reasoning that medical marijuana opponents have used to great effect in Congress, state legislatures, and elsewhere. Indeed, the FDA's controversial 2006 statement opposing medical marijuana was couched in repeated references to "smoked marijuana."

But new research demonstrates that all those fears of "smoked marijuana" as medicine are 100 percent obsolete.

The smoking argument was the closest thing to a scientifically meaningful objection to medical marijuana. While marijuana smoke, unlike tobacco, has never been shown to cause lung cancer, heavy marijuana smoking has been associated with assorted respiratory symptoms and a potentially increased risk of bronchitis. That's because burning any plant material produces a whole lot of substances such as tars, and carbon monoxide that are not good for the lungs.
Continued... (http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/51277/)

There's tons of data on supporting marijuana and it's being safer that many of the legal drugs.

nevadamedic
07-29-2007, 02:18 AM
There's tons of data on supporting marijuana and it's being safer that many of the legal drugs.

Angel Heart
07-29-2007, 02:24 AM

:poke:

nevadamedic
07-29-2007, 02:27 AM
:poke:

It's not your fault, you've been brainwashed.................:poke:

Angel Heart
07-29-2007, 02:30 AM
:laugh2: :laugh2: maybe it's the other way around...

Psychoblues
07-29-2007, 02:58 AM
It's a great read, folks, despite all the eye poking and dooofus laughing. The subject is nonetheless serious.