PDA

View Full Version : I might be better off on an Indian messageboard

tailfins
08-01-2015, 03:42 PM
I tried the limited exposure of just a message board to interact with fellow Americans. It largely hasn't been a positive experience. My life with Indians and Brazilians has been largely positive.

I'm pretty knowledgeable in US Immigration paperwork. I'm also pretty sharp in how to get hired with multi-national companies. I'm also razor sharp in how to solve programming problems most have given up on. I'm also a world class researcher. India and Brazil are two big outsourcing destinations. Indians particularly appreciate when I solve their problems.

How to make and keep an Indian friend:

1) Help them with Immigration issues
2) Help them find a job with a multi-national corporation
3) Be available when they get stuck writing code

It's as simple as 1-2-3 ! Of course "my fellow Americans" think I have no redeeming qualities and no talent. Indians do. Go with what works. I will check in with Jim from time-to-time. He seems to think he can learn something from me. Since I have no redeeming qualities and no talent, please don't complain that I'm helping Indians take American jobs. Remember: Americans don't need my incompetent help with no redeeming qualities. I like how logical Indians are. I find them reasonable to interact with. And no my wife is not miserable. She says it's reassuring to be married to a problem solver. You see I won't cry over a friend's problems; I will fix my friends problems.

It's time to learn to enjoy watching Bollywood.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-01-2015, 03:52 PM
I tried the limited exposure of just a message board to interact with fellow Americans. It largely hasn't been a positive experience. My life with Indians and Brazilians has been largely positive.

I'm pretty knowledgeable in US Immigration paperwork. I'm also pretty sharp in how to get hired with multi-national companies. I'm also razor sharp in how to solve programming problems most have given up on. I'm also a world class researcher. India and Brazil are two big outsourcing destinations. Indians particularly appreciate when I solve their problems.

It's as simple as 1-2-3 ! Of course "my fellow Americans" think I have no redeeming qualities and no talent. Indians do. Go with what works. I will check in with Jim from time-to-time. He seems to think he can learn something from me. Since I have no redeeming qualities and no talent, please don't complain that I'm helping Indians take American jobs. Remember: Americans don't need my incompetent help with no redeeming qualities. I like how logical Indians are. I find them reasonable to interact with. And no my wife is not miserable. She says it's reassuring to be married to a problem solver. You see I won't cry over a friend's problems; I will fix my friends problems.

Would that be Hindu Indians or your favorite stinking muslim Indians?
You know the ones you so stupidly think kissing their asses buys you something from them.
Here is a hint hoss, they may use you but they hate your pagan infidel ass with a passion.
Come time to cut your head, they will and with great pleasure!
When that happens think back to me and how Tyr new exactly what the hell he was speaking about.
How that supposed to be dumb, Southern hick knew so damn much....-Tyr

red state
08-01-2015, 04:04 PM
You know the ones you so stupidly think kissing their asses buys you something from them.
Here is a hint hoss, they may use you but they hate your pagan infidel ass with a passion.
Come time to cut your head, they will and with great pleasure!
When that happens think back to me and how Tyr new exactly what the hell he was speaking about.-Tyr

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap: Don't forget that MANY muSLUMS are in India. That cult has spread like a plague ALL OVER THE WORLD. They are the only so-called religion who most definitely can't get along with others.

tailfins
08-01-2015, 04:10 PM

75% Hindu : 25% Muslim

gabosaurus
08-01-2015, 04:40 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/oza56.jpg

DragonStryk72
08-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Of course "my fellow Americans" think I have no redeeming qualities and no talent.

Um, really, when did I ever say this? Short answer: never.

Now, next is this: Your problems are your fucking own. Suck it up. You think I have people lining up here to agree with me when I argue in favor of gay marriage? HELL NO! And yet, while I'll be argued with, I am still able to get respect from those arguing with me (save trolls like gnos and aug, who don't seem to want to talk with me). You, and Gabs, have an overt tendency to pre-emptively slap everyone in the face, and then you whine when the fight gets rolling. No one's actions, on any board in the world, compel yours. With the ability to type, you have the ultimate capacity to calm down, and select the civil answer, even in disagree.

What, you think I was thrilled having to read through that mountainous wall of text Aug posted? I had to go through that whole thing line by line, and then he just ran from the discussion, and bamfed out of the boards completely. But I didn't get off on a rant, didn't go to name calling, I answered him, point for point. You have the same capability, it's merely a question of your choice to utilize it.

Drummond
08-01-2015, 04:59 PM
75% Hindu : 25% Muslim

1) Help them with Immigration issues ...

So what ? 25 percent is still very sizeable. Last time I checked, the UK had only a 5 percent contingent (double that in major cities). What you're quoting is five times that.

The UK is known to have been the origin of several hundred Muslims hot-footing it to Syria, to fight for ISIS. Say that comparable statistics are applicable ... that'd make India responsible for over three thousand ISIS fighters.

So your 25% figure is FAR from something to consider 'good'. How many - let's just say - POTENTIALLY radicalised Muslims could you have helped ? Bear in mind that any lack of knowledge on your part as to exactly how willing they could have been to go down the terrorist route, proves nothing at all of substance.

aboutime
08-01-2015, 06:20 PM

Bye Bye! Just Go!

jimnyc
08-01-2015, 07:35 PM
I think you're fine, tailfins, when you're not doing shit like this and drawing attention to yourself. Your fellow Americans have no issue with you at all - but some of them have an issue with what you say at times, that's all. Dragonstryk nailed it, some of you are looking for negativity, and then it finds you. It's all how you treat others, how you speak to others. 75% of them will treat you the same in return. If others can't, then those are the few you ignore.

But look at Dragon's example about debating homosexuality or gay marriage. I'm almost always passionately against. But he's extremely level headed, and polite, makes good arguments and doesn't take any bait. It's difficult for any fighting to go on back and forth with him - because he treats folks the way he wants to be treated himself. He's not perfect, but a darn good example of how the "opposition" can still be friendly and get good treatment and respect from others.

tailfins
08-01-2015, 07:51 PM
I think you're fine, tailfins, when you're not doing shit like this and drawing attention to yourself. Your fellow Americans have no issue with you at all - but some of them have an issue with what you say at times, that's all. Dragonstryk nailed it, some of you are looking for negativity, and then it finds you. It's all how you treat others, how you speak to others. 75% of them will treat you the same in return. If others can't, then those are the few you ignore.

But look at Dragon's example about debating homosexuality or gay marriage. I'm almost always passionately against. But he's extremely level headed, and polite, makes good arguments and doesn't take any bait. It's difficult for any fighting to go on back and forth with him - because he treats folks the way he wants to be treated himself. He's not perfect, but a darn good example of how the "opposition" can still be friendly and get good treatment and respect from others.

You will see a course I posted about by Dr. Rajagopal Raghunathan (AKA "Dr. Happy-Smarts") about happiness on Coursera. One cannot afford to be exposed to a venue where negative responses are a strong pattern. Any way you slice it, I will IM you about how things are going. Be aware of your surroundings. Minimize interaction from sources that consistently provide negative responses. One must construct a life where you can trust your environment. Limiting communication to IMs with those I know won't provide negative responses could work too.

jimnyc
08-01-2015, 08:00 PM
You will see a course I posted about by Dr. Rajagopal Raghunathan about happiness on Coursera. One cannot afford to be exposed to a venue where negative responses are a strong pattern.

Go back to what I said about Dragon, or maybe Kathianne, or Abbey... why don't they have a pattern of negative responses? Because they are so friendly with everyone, they don't :poke:at others, they don't look to rile others. And when someone is negative with them, rarely will they take the bait and let it ruin their day. The only pattern at this board is what we members make of them. Look at your friend Gabby :) Do you think she gets negativity because of her never ending sunny disposition?

Any way you slice it, I will IM you about how things are going. Be aware of your surroundings. Minimize interaction from sources that consistently provide negative responses. One must construct a life where you can trust your environment. Limiting communication to IMs with those I know won't provide negative responses could work too.

You can never integrate into a message board, whether American or Indian, if doing so based off of books or similar. Each post is a building block. Each post is based on the subject of the title. Each post will likely dictate the type of responses you get.

And as for exposing - you can only expose yourself to what you allow yourself to be exposed to. Think about it, being exposed to negative responses? You aren't exposed if you use the ignore function. You aren't exposed if you don't post negative yourself, and the folks replying aren't negative. You allow yourself to read the negative posts, to not ignore them in various ways - and then you complain about that very negativity. Either let it flow down your back, or place them on ignore.

Voted4Reagan
08-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Go back to what I said about Dragon, or maybe Kathianne, or Abbey... why don't they have a pattern of negative responses? Because they are so friendly with everyone, they don't :poke:at others, they don't look to rile others. And when someone is negative with them, rarely will they take the bait and let it ruin their day. The only pattern at this board is what we members make of them. Look at your friend Gabby :) Do you think she gets negativity because of her never ending sunny disposition?

You can never integrate into a message board, whether American or Indian, if doing so based off of books or similar. Each post is a building block. Each post is based on the subject of the title. Each post will likely dictate the type of responses you get.

And as for exposing - you can only expose yourself to what you allow yourself to be exposed to. Think about it, being exposed to negative responses? You aren't exposed if you use the ignore function. You aren't exposed if you don't post negative yourself, and the folks replying aren't negative. You allow yourself to read the negative posts, to not ignore them in various ways - and then you complain about that very negativity. Either let it flow down your back, or place them on ignore.

It's a TEST.... More than likely just attention seeking behavior.

gabosaurus
08-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Bye Bye! Just Go!

Didn't you already commit boardicide? It is bad form to go back on your word.

Drummond
08-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Didn't you already commit boardicide? It is bad form to go back on your word.

Doing your bit for the wellbeing of the forum, there, Gabby ?

But I see your real point. Obviously, Left-wingers can have no reason not to encourage the departure of their natural political opponents, since obviously, the less opposition they have to cope with, the easier their goals are to attain.

Such a pity that they happily stoop so low to achieve them.

gabosaurus
08-01-2015, 10:44 PM
How can I "encourage the departure" of those who have already departed?
I would highly encourage aboutime to remain. So he can continue to amuse us. :cool:

tailfins
08-01-2015, 11:07 PM
It's a TEST.... More than likely just attention seeking behavior.

It's a focus on being more effective and not casting my pearls before swine. Your oinking doesn't impress me.

Voted4Reagan
08-02-2015, 04:21 AM
It's a focus on being more effective and not casting my pearls before swine. Your oinking doesn't impress me.

Says the biggest Chauvinist Pig here..... YOU.

Clean your own house first.....

jimnyc
08-02-2015, 06:14 AM

Are you looking for the responses you are getting from some? Do you WANT to ignore them, or do you WANT to entertain them? You say you don't care for the negativity, but the most posts you respond to are those posts.

Either wallow in the negativity and find ways to make a positive out of them (NOT by being a troll of course) or push the negativity aside and move on with the positive replies. Your choice.

DragonStryk72
08-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Doing your bit for the wellbeing of the forum, there, Gabby ?

But I see your real point. Obviously, Left-wingers can have no reason not to encourage the departure of their natural political opponents, since obviously, the less opposition they have to cope with, the easier their goals are to attain.

Such a pity that they happily stoop so low to achieve them.

Well... truthfully, she has a point. AT is being hypocritical in slaps Tails about doing a sign-off post and then posting again... since AT did do a sign-off post, and is now posting again, shortly thereafter.

Now, that point made, I get the jump, because Gabs, as I mentioned earlier, has a strong history of throwing chum in the water, then running off.

DragonStryk72
08-02-2015, 04:47 PM

...And this is what I'm on about. Does Reagan have compulsion over you? Of course he does not, because you are your own person, and have free will. And yet, we are having this very discussion because of your negative response. Remember, you started this thread in a negative capacity. Here, you are the point of origin of the negativity you wish to shed yourself of.

Drummond, Tyr, Jim, Reagan, they're essentially immaterial (No offense, guys, but you're a bunch of screennames on the internet.). The only person you can control, is, in the end, yourself. I'll freely admit to the point that I have, at multiple points, got to the point of ranting, either because it's a subject I'm extremely passionate about, or because the rampant ignorance or bullying has tweaked me in just the wrong way, and here's the thing: No one is responsible for my rants but me. I lost my temper, and did not take a moment to breathe and edit my responses like I usually do. It wasn't the fault of gnos, or aug, or BP, it was my own anger, and my own choice to uncork.

That is no different with you. You create your own energy, and you can just as easily reject negative energy directed in your path. You are not, and have never been, a victim to the energies surrounding you. Leastwise, Jews should be some of the most negative people on the planet, given the sheer width and breadth of the genocide attempts on them as a whole over the millennia. But they're not, if anything, they're pretty pragmatic about it as a whole, so obviously, they can choose how they respond to such negativity thrown in their direction.

So my advice: Find a way to turn the negative, in to a positive.

Gunny
08-02-2015, 04:57 PM

I can't stand Indians. They look like snakes. Their eyes are flat and dead. And they stink.

It's a message board, dude. Get over it. The drama queen act letting everyone know they got under your skin is giving THEM exactly what they want.

indago
08-02-2015, 05:01 PM
I can't stand Indians. They look like snakes. Their eyes are flat and dead. And they stink.

It's a message board, dude. Get over it. The drama queen act letting everyone know they got under your skin is giving THEM exactly what they want.

And besides, there's already a snivel thread:

PLACE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589<br />)

Voted4Reagan
08-04-2015, 08:09 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap: Don't forget that MANY muSLUMS are in India. That cult has spread like a plague ALL OVER THE WORLD. They are the only so-called religion who most definitely can't get along with others.

over 300 million Muslims in India....

Jeff
08-04-2015, 08:19 AM

They look like snakes ??? Stink ??? Dam Bro I think you may be a racist :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have to agree, those spices they use do make them smell like a outhouse, as for looks, I have seen one or two of the females that are Americanized that look good, but most look like mummies wearing old dirty sheets, yup I sure wish I could find a message board to chat with them. :rolleyes:

Drummond
08-04-2015, 08:36 AM
How can I "encourage the departure" of those who have already departed?
I would highly encourage aboutime to remain. So he can continue to amuse us. :cool:

... and, YOUR true reason for being here, is ... ??

Drummond
08-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Well... truthfully, she has a point. AT is being hypocritical in slaps Tails about doing a sign-off post and then posting again... since AT did do a sign-off post, and is now posting again, shortly thereafter.

Now, that point made, I get the jump, because Gabs, as I mentioned earlier, has a strong history of throwing chum in the water, then running off.

The point for me is, what motivates her to make the point she does ?

Left-wingers are interested in winning their victories over their opposition .. of course. What they're not interested in, is doing so with regard to a basis for integrity, if that issue of integrity is likely to hinder them.

I say that Right wingers have the highest motivations for what they say and do. Therefore, integrity plays its part in providing the proper motivation. The Left cannot reasonably claim the same.