PDA

View Full Version : What gives me satisfaction

tailfins
08-01-2015, 09:04 PM
I think job searching is fun. I have gotten adept enough at it that I can even find jobs for other people. My late sister was caught up in the wave of correctional nurse layoffs in California. She was in danger of becoming homeless. I told her to come to Massachusetts. I had a temp job waiting for her as a soccer camp nurse. Shortly after that she got a job at the Suffolk County jail. She was only up to $33 per hour, I wanted to get her up to $50 per hour, but she came down with Pancreatic Cancer. Deaths really don't bother me that much, but it was a disappointment not to be able to finish the project and get her a $50 per hour job.

There's a certain pride of accomplishment from getting someone out of the bottom of the well. Seeing people at support group meetings who give up and go on SSDI disability saddens me. I have blown through over 60 companies in my lifetime and have been on over 300 interviews. Even if you have low social skills, you'll eventually get it right by sheer repetition. I'm never out of work for more than three months. My current boss is trying and possibly succeeding in showing me how taking a break from the thrill of the job search can be more satisfying. He only has a budget of $100K for a salary, but I'm allowed to work from home until traffic clears at 10 AM. Converting to a permanent employee is a tempting idea in spite of the pay cut.

My break is over .... Back to Dr. Raj's happiness course.

gabosaurus
08-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Satisfaction can be very difficult to come by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saloTsNZcNA

Drummond
08-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Satisfaction can be very difficult to come by.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saloTsNZcNA

For a Left-winger type, certainly. The reality of what they institute never meets the hype. Invariably, what you get is shabby at best, downright perniciously destructive at worst.

After Obama - I take it you're anticipating a Republican win ? How unfortunate for you .... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

gabosaurus
08-01-2015, 10:57 PM
In honor of the leading GOP candidate, I will dedicate this wonderful retro number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADNbtAID5wM

bullypulpit
08-04-2015, 08:34 PM
For a Left-winger type, certainly. The reality of what they institute never meets the hype. Invariably, what you get is shabby at best, downright perniciously destructive at worst.

After Obama - I take it you're anticipating a Republican win ? How unfortunate for you .... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I get satisfaction every time I see a patient who was on full life support for weeks lat year come back to thanks us for the care they received. I get satisfaction each an every time a patient on a ventilator smiles and give me a "thumbs-up" because I provided them some comfort and caring. I feel satisfaction every time a family member thanks me, and the rest of the care team for the care we are providing their loved one. Satisfaction is easy to come by, something you, obviously haven't learned yet.

Gunny
08-04-2015, 11:02 PM
I get satisfaction every time I see a patient who was on full life support for weeks lat year come back to thanks us for the care they received. I get satisfaction each an every time a patient on a ventilator smiles and give me a "thumbs-up" because I provided them some comfort and caring. I feel satisfaction every time a family member thanks me, and the rest of the care team for the care we are providing their loved one. Satisfaction is easy to come by, something you, obviously haven't learned yet.

Not sure why I thanked you. but I'll give credit where it's due.

Why do you have to end it being a dick?

Perianne
08-04-2015, 11:05 PM
Not sure why I thanked you. but I'll give credit where it's due.

Why do you have to end it being a dick?

I thought it was sweaty balls. I can't keep up. :)

sundaydriver
08-05-2015, 04:50 AM
Everyday things such as having breakfast on the deck instead of going to work.

Aside from everyday pleasures, I'm up early today to meet my Lions Club cohorts to pick up goodies so we can prepare for our barbecue chicken dinner on Saturday. 900 chicken halves, fixings for 200 lbs. of Cole slaw, plenty of beans for baked beans, and many, many cases of drinks. On Saturday we grill the barbecue the chicken over a fire in a scenic grove where people can eat there or have take out. Good time & eats for all. The best part is the money we raise for our many causes to help people.