PDA

View Full Version : A military question.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Here is the question which involve a very big -IF-..

What if in the future China , Russia and a united middle-east under an Nuked up Iran led Caliphate faced off our military, could we defeat that united threesome in conventional warfare?
I can see the pact possibly being made between two non-christian nations China and Russia, overtures are already being made. Then if Iran nukes up it would create the muslim Caliphate with its nation the Supreme leader and if nuked up it would be immunized from our launching nukes to gain victory.
The question involves only the unified three going against us in a conventional war..
And if a muslim Europe were to remain neutral , could we win in conventional warfare?
Do not think this a far fetched possibility as both China and Russia now heavily cultivate the M.E for political, economic and strategic reasons..-Tyr

NightTrain
08-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Well, you have to consider Europe and NATO... odds are they'd be with us in a conflict like that.

A billion screaming Chinese storming the line is a sobering thought, and they probably have enough to arm them now as well.

Technologically speaking, they're both far behind us in that department, but an alliance like that has an awful lot of cannon fodder.

Voted4Reagan
08-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Wont happen...

1. China owns huge chunks of our Debt.... they need to keep us around

2. Russia talks a lot... but is under equipped to handle a massive conventional war. NUKES we have seen will never be launched by a UNSC Permanent Member. Remember M.A.D.??

3. The Iran led Caliphate?? Not even a chance... too many moderate Arab countries. Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Egypt will never join it. Without the biggest members of the Arab League (Egypt) and Turkey allied in NATO.... Not happening.

Gunny
08-02-2015, 01:12 PM

What if in the future China , Russia and a united middle-east under an Nuked up Iran led Caliphate faced off our military, could we defeat that united threesome in conventional warfare?
I can see the pact possibly being made between two non-christian nations China and Russia, overtures are already being made. Then if Iran nukes up it would create the muslim Caliphate with its nation the Supreme leader and if nuked up it would be immunized from our launching nukes to gain victory.
The question involves only the unified three going against us in a conventional war..
And if a muslim Europe were to remain neutral , could we win in conventional warfare?
Do not think this a far fetched possibility as both China and Russia now heavily cultivate the M.E for political, economic and strategic reasons..-Tyr

China and Russia have always had an uneasy sort of alliance. They're too suspicious of each other to be actual partners. Same with Iran. Iran doesn't trust anyone. Russia's making money off Iran. That's about as far as that alliance goes.

They'd turn on each other before they every got anything done.

indago
08-02-2015, 06:44 PM
A war, anymore, is not just a military thing, it involves all the people of the countries involved. Those people should be taught that a war will involved the destruction of their countries and their lives. They should be queried as to their thoughts on this, and if they want to risk it all.

Gunny
08-02-2015, 07:09 PM
A war, anymore, is not just a military thing, it involves all the people of the countries involved. Those people should be taught that a war will involved the destruction of their countries and their lives. They should be queried as to their thoughts on this, and if they want to risk it all.

Depends on your point of view. When you're involved at the personal level you can take your politics and shove them up your ass.

Max R.
08-02-2015, 09:06 PM

With a neutral Europe, they could take all that remains non-Europe such as the ME (although Israel might go nuclear with nothing to lose), North Africa, the rest of Africa, SW Asia (given India & Pakistan don't go nuclear as a last line of defense.) For us in the Americas, we have a pretty big frickin' moat to protect us from land invasion. The "Red Dawn" scenario couldn't supply enough troops to invade the US without an extremely bloody fight.

All in all, while such a scenario would see the collapse of the global economy, I think it would end in stalemate.

Balu
08-02-2015, 09:38 PM
Let ME say a word. You ARE NOT fighters with YOUR badges in Vietnam - "Help the pilot and you'll get money". Germans ARE figters, you - NONE. Question for US, Russians, is OVER! As fighter You ALL are fluid SHIT! You NEVER WON. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dirol.gif
Robert, I'm sorry.

Voted4Reagan
08-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Let ME say a word. You ARE NOT fighters with YOUR badges in Vietnam - "Help the pilot and you'll get money". Germans ARE figters, you - NONE. Question for US, Russians, is OVER! As fighter You ALL are fluid SHIT! You NEVER WON. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dirol.gif
Robert, I'm sorry.

Last war I saw the Russians fight they got their asses kicked by The Afghani Mujahadeen back in the 70's and 80's

Before that you didn't fight anything since WWII.

Gunny
08-03-2015, 03:53 AM
Robert, I'm sorry.

How does that work with your sorry-ass invasion of Afghanistan?

red state
08-03-2015, 07:58 AM
Yeah...not to mention that OUR sorry @$$ leaders were politically striving for correctness while the USSR and China never had to or did care for public opinion (or compassion for those whom we were kicking @$$).

You're exactly what I thought you were BALU (full of BULL$#!T indoctrinated ignorance). This may be my first response to you....probably the last.

Max R.
08-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Robert, I'm sorry.
Been drinking some bad vodka, Balu?

BTW, "blood chits" work.

red state
08-03-2015, 11:55 AM
How does that work with your sorry-ass invasion of Afghanistan?

Exactly! From what I understand of history and friends throughout the world (that I can use as an actual source of TRUTH, FACT & REAL history), the USA was a welcomed site (whether in the Philippines, South Vietnam or recent others whom we HAVE liberated from tyrannical regimes LIKE the USSR, and their commie filth ). Some of those we've LITERALLY save have chosen to forget the good we've done and some have remembered it an honored our BEST (the WORLD's BEST, mind you).......then there are others who deliberately hurt us (as with the piece of garbage from that little piece of $#!T country we saved from Saddam. I should remind Balu that, like today, our military have always had one arm tied behind their backs (except for a few occassions) so if one-armed soldiers have kicked Balu's @$$ and everyone else around the world.....what does that make Balu and his 3rd world bread line country russia?

russia has never been a welcomed site that I can recall but have always been tyrannical. Even in WWII, their murderous bastard of a leader was not in it for the GOOD of man as our soldiers were......Heck, he murdered more of his own than Hitler ever could or would have.

red state
08-03-2015, 12:05 PM

Biblically speaking......one day all those from the East will direct their attention on Israel but that is going to end quite abruptly with One speaking a word or words of victory. I truly believe this EAST mentioned is Russia, China, Korea, 'Persia' and, of course, all of the muSLUM nations.

As for the HERE & NOW....V4R and a few others have a very good points (and I agree). However, I also believe and see how all of this will and can change very easily.

namvet
08-03-2015, 07:11 PM
I don't know how you guys can tolerate that Russian dick suckin' faggot. fucker's a poser anyway.

red state
08-03-2015, 09:22 PM
I don't know how you guys can tolerate that Russian dick suckin' faggot. fucker's a poser anyway.

Exactly....in fact, I meant to point out several weeks ago how his grammar seems to get better and/or worse at times (which inconsistently pointed to the fact that this fake is indeed a fake but also an apologist in hiding). Not wishing to run off new members, I let things pass but when he started attacking Vietnam Vets, specifically, I drew the line and simply had to raise an opinion.

Spot on NAMvet!!!!

fj1200
08-07-2015, 04:17 PM
... could we win in conventional warfare?

What are we supposedly fighting over?

Gunny
08-07-2015, 04:21 PM

I barely do. :laugh:

Elessar
08-07-2015, 04:57 PM

Sometimes...actually often, the people have no choice. It depends on the leadership.

Look how the Nazi's brainwashed the German People in the 30's. Yes, part of
that was easy because of that terrible Versailles Treaty of 1919. But they were
easily led to a path of ruin.

Elessar
08-07-2015, 05:01 PM
russia has never been a welcomed site that I can recall but have always been tyrannical. Even in WWII, their murderous bastard of a leader was not in it for the GOOD of man as our soldiers were......Heck, he murdered more of his own than Hitler ever could or would have.

Germany was kicking the crap out of Russia because Stalin murdered (purged) 8 of his 11 top field commanders! Only the Russian Winter and Hitler's
stupidity turned back that tide.

Elessar
08-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Robert, I'm sorry.

Bath Tub vodka is not the answer.

Try again.

Max R.
08-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Germany was kicking the crap out of Russia because Stalin murdered (purged) 8 of his 11 top field commanders! Only the Russian Winter and Hitler's
True. Add to this Stalin murdered more Russians than the Nazis ever did.

red state
08-07-2015, 06:35 PM

Very true....and thanks for the history re-fresh. I knew about the purge BUT, I never thought about how that purge effected Russian forces. EXTREMELY good point.....I shall add that important info to my memory bank.

Isn't it frightening how much B.O. resembles some of Hitler and now, thanks to Elessar, B.O. is strikingly aligned with Stalin! WOW!

Kathianne
08-07-2015, 06:46 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/07/disaster_todays_warrior_purge_in_the_us_military.h tml

July 16, 2015Disaster: Today's Warrior Purge in the U.S. militaryBy Robert K. Wilcox (http://www.americanthinker.com/author/robert_k_wilcox/)

“Where do we find such men?”

That memorable line comes from James Mitchner’s Korean War novel, The Bridges of Toko-Ri. It refers to intrepid aviators lifting from a carrier, flying into untold danger. They know they may not return. They launch anyway. In boldness unfathomable to many, they willingly, artfully fly into peril. They are warriors, men of rare talent, intellect, and courage – a combination essential for victory.

Needed warriors are now being purged from the U.S. military. If America went to war right now with China or Russia, we could lose because of these purges. We’re losing top-level warrior-leaders to make the crucial differences in battle. They’re being systematically drummed out as politically incorrect. When the going gets tough, political correctness (PC) is useless. Then the brilliant, wily fighters, the coolest heads, the most courageous warriors, are needed to lead regardless of social views or record.

Today, in large measure, our fighting forces are led by briefcase-carrying busybodies, yes-men more interested in enforcing political beliefs and social change than leading in battle. They care more about their careers than what’s happening to the military and thus the country. Just last week, a new downsizing of the army was announced – without a protest.

Warriors are not prized. They are criticized and ridiculed. Up-and-coming warriors who admire the purged want to emulate them, see what’s happening, and are exiting as a result.

Max R.
08-07-2015, 07:09 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2015/07/disaster_todays_warrior_purge_in_the_us_military.h tml
Michener's "The Bridges of Toko-Ri" is a great book. The movie was good, but like most movies, it was not as great as the short novel.

I read it in High School (on my own, not for school). While many remember the line "Where do we find such men?", this is the passage that made the most impression upon me:

But Harry Brubaker was in Korea, armed with two carbines. He was no longer afraid nor was he resentful. This was
the war he had been handed by his nation and in the noonday sun he had only one thought: he was desperately in love
with his wife and kids and he wanted to see them one more time.

The memory of his family was too much to bear and for an instant he pressed his right hand across his eyes and
thought, "The girls will be in the garden now..."

He did not complete the picture for the hidden communist who had toss the grenades had remained close and now with
one carefully planned shot sped a bullet directly through the right hand that covered the American's face. In that
millionth of a second, while ten slim Banshees roared in from the sea to resume command of the sky, Harry Brubaker
understood in some fragmentary way the purpose of his being in Korea. But the brief knowledge served no purpose,
for the next instant he plunged face down into the ditch.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-07-2015, 09:32 PM
That purging obama is doing is actually treason. Its a deliberate weakening of our ability to protect our worldwide interests but also weakening our ability to even protect our homer soil!!!!
Amazes me that so many fail to see his treason!!!!!!
I can see it as clearing as this computer screen in front of me now!--Tyr

Thunderknuckles
08-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Don't forget Japan. They have experience fighting both China and Russia. Shinzo Abe is already moving Japan toward offensive military capability, a position I agree with to help us secure the Pacific.

Max R.
08-08-2015, 05:48 AM
Don't forget Japan. They have experience fighting both China and Russia. Shinzo Abe is already moving Japan toward offensive military capability, a position I agree with to help us secure the Pacific.
I'd worked with the Japanese GSDF in the early 80s. They really did purge their officer ranks after WWII, but the dedication of their current crop of officers and personnel should not be underestimated.

I, too, support Japan moving toward a more offensive military capability. Same for Germany and our other NATO allies. Time for our allies to should more of the load providing global security.

indago
08-08-2015, 08:52 AM
I am more tuned to the UN having a universal force to quell disturbances rather than to have individual countries arming themselves, much like what was seen in The Day The Earth Stood Still, where the alien society had created a robot force to keep the peace.

Max R.
08-08-2015, 01:54 PM
I am more tuned to the UN having a universal force to quell disturbances rather than to have individual countries arming themselves, much like what was seen in The Day The Earth Stood Still, where the alien society had created a robot force to keep the peace.
An idealistic idea, but not practical in today's level of human development. Who would control it? Who would support it with manpower, weapons and other financing? Who would order it to war?

namvet
08-09-2015, 11:01 AM
seemed the Japs cut Americans open while they were still alive. they also ate the livers as well

story (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3028694/U-S-POWs-shot-Japan-70-years-ago-dissected-ALIVE-macabre-experiments-controversial-new-exhibition-shows.html)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-09-2015, 11:27 AM
seemed the Japs cut Americans open while they were still alive. they also ate the livers as well

story (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3028694/U-S-POWs-shot-Japan-70-years-ago-dissected-ALIVE-macabre-experiments-controversial-new-exhibition-shows.html)

Japs were totally barbaric and tortured, starved and murdered our guys as they pleased.
TIs why God saw fit to give us the power to nuke them. We should have nuked a couple more jap cities just to give some justice for the couple million chinese citizens(civilians) they wantonly murdered(for the fun of it).
I am deeply, deeply into history , primarily focusing on wars, battles and generals.
Japs treated our guys like animals to be tortured , starved and mistreated in any manner they thought best.
After we defeated them we treated them with undeserved respect. We should have delivered more justice IMHO.
WE NEVER SEEM TO LEARN JUST HOW DARK AND EVIL OUR ENEMIES ARE.
ENEMIES MUST BE CRUSHED , NOT ASS KISSED AND PLAYED PADDY CAKE WITH AS IS HOW THE OBAMA AND THE IGNORANT LIB/DEMS DO THINGS.-Tyr
And yet again we will pay a very heavy price for letting those scum run our nation.... Sad but true..
Put fools and wimps in charge --expect to get your ass kicked. -Tyr

Drummond
08-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Robert, I'm sorry.

Thank you for showing this board your true colours, Balu. It doesn't get much more instructive than this.

Drummond
08-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Well, you have to consider Europe and NATO... odds are they'd be with us in a conflict like that.

A billion screaming Chinese storming the line is a sobering thought, and they probably have enough to arm them now as well.

Technologically speaking, they're both far behind us in that department, but an alliance like that has an awful lot of cannon fodder.

I think you're overlooking the truth of politics within Europe these days, These days, so many of its countries are dominated by the EU.

On paper, that 'unity' might seem like a good thing. In truth, I think that any real emergency would cause the EU to dither. The European Parliament would meet, discuss this issue .. interminably. Even if (when) consensus was arrived at, they'd probably also give thought as to how to ratify whatever decision they reached. No doubt that would involve several tiers of bureaucracy.

The EU is unaccustomed to doing anything quickly. They even wasted much precious time in properly unifying their stance against Greece's recent bailout crisis, though for them, they operated at 'breakneck speed' over that one.

Drummond
08-09-2015, 01:03 PM

For my part, I was prepared to, for one 'good' reason only. Balu might've been a victim of the propaganda fed to him over the years. He might've had his belief-system just because he'd had no good chance to evolve any alternative to it.

But I no longer believe any such thing. Balu's arrogant, and convinced not only of his own country's unassailable 'superiority', he also maintains an offensive need to disparage the US .. an attitude that's been running as a background thread in all his posting.

I for one have never liked his attitude against Ukraine ... a country that, in its past, suffered a horrific death toll courtesy of Stalin, and today is fighting to maintain itself against Russian aggression. I've yet to be in any contact with any Ukrainian (and I've been conversing with several) who didn't completely hate Russia.

He is, certainly to all intents and purposes, a natural enemy of the West. Called upon to do so, he'd proudly go to war against all of us, believing in fighting for Russian supremacy as he did so.

indago
08-11-2015, 04:39 AM
An idealistic idea, but not practical in today's level of human development. Who would control it? Who would support it with manpower, weapons and other financing? Who would order it to war?

You have no thought on this whatsoever???

Max R.
08-11-2015, 07:27 AM
You have no thought on this whatsoever???
I do, but none that will work in today's environment. It's a network that would have to be built over the next century or so.

The problem with the UN is that too many small, two-bit nations, control the vote. The idea of a "League of Nations" and a "United Nations" is a good start, but there are still too many problems for it to work as a global government.

Gunny
08-11-2015, 08:58 AM
I do, but none that will work in today's environment. It's a network that would have to be built over the next century or so.

The problem with the UN is that too many small, two-bit nations, control the vote. The idea of a "League of Nations" and a "United Nations" is a good start, but there are still too many problems for it to work as a global government.

The problem with the UN is it exists.

indago
08-11-2015, 08:58 AM

Since we are headed toward globalization, an international peacekeeping force should certainly be considered.

Kathianne
08-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Since we are headed toward globalization, an international peacekeeping force should certainly be considered.
Couldn't disagree more. In case you haven't noticed, the global community isn't getting along all that well.

indago
08-11-2015, 09:03 AM
Couldn't disagree more. In case you haven't noticed, the global community isn't getting along all that well.

Then you are for the old way, of nations declaring wars against each other and the devastations that follow?

Kathianne
08-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Then you are for the old way, of nations declaring wars against each other and the devastations that follow?

I'm not delusional.

tailfins
08-11-2015, 09:10 AM
Robert, I'm sorry.

If you want to impress me, tell me how much money Russia is giving to Hillary Clinton's campaign.

namvet
08-11-2015, 09:11 AM

http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dynamic_resize81.jpg

peacekeeping force??

tailfins
08-11-2015, 09:34 AM

That would certainly add an important counterweight to American imperialism and help enforce social justice. With Raul Castro's extensive experience in military and government, he should be nominated to lead such a force.

namvet
08-11-2015, 09:39 AM
Robert, I'm sorry.
Last Soviet Soldiers Leave Afghanistan

MOSCOW -- The last Soviet soldier came home from Afghanistan this morning, the Soviet Union announced, leaving behind a war that had become a domestic burden and an international embarrassment for Moscow.

http://i59.tinypic.com/hvvwg8.jpg

indago
08-11-2015, 10:28 AM
I'm not delusional.

Nobody said you were...

indago
08-11-2015, 02:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASsNtti1XZs

Gunny
08-11-2015, 02:33 PM

I am. Why play at something and accomplish nothing? The day we quit playing to win was the first war we didn't win. There's nothing nice, clean nor surgical about war. It's dirty, down in the mud and people die. That's how it works. The left in this country thinks you can make it all nice, clean and surgical and have been pushing that crap since Korea.

Look at our track record since then. You want to call someone delusional, you might want to consider the facts.

indago
08-11-2015, 02:49 PM
I am. Why play at something and accomplish nothing? The day we quit playing to win was the first war we didn't win. There's nothing nice, clean nor surgical about war. It's dirty, down in the mud and people die. That's how it works. The left in this country thinks you can make it all nice, clean and surgical and have been pushing that crap since Korea.

Look at our track record since then. You want to call someone delusional, you might want to consider the facts.

Take a pill and go back to bed...

LINK (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

Gunny
08-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Take a pill and go back to bed...

LINK (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

Got a better answer. War sucks. It sucks more for people that have to fight it than those that watch it on TV an complain about how it's being fought. It should be as brutal and down and dirty as it is. It's a means of last resort.

BUT ... we need to also know when talking time is over and it's time to suit up. Your pampered little society doesn't remember any of that. You think freedom is free because it was handed to you. You never saw the blood that got spilled to make it possible and you don't care. You think you have some God-given right to be a dumbass.

indago
08-11-2015, 05:06 PM
Got a better answer. War sucks. It sucks more for people that have to fight it than those that watch it on TV an complain about how it's being fought. It should be as brutal and down and dirty as it is. It's a means of last resort.

BUT ... we need to also know when talking time is over and it's time to suit up. Your pampered little society doesn't remember any of that. You think freedom is free because it was handed to you. You never saw the blood that got spilled to make it possible and you don't care. You think you have some God-given right to be a dumbass.

LINK (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50898-A-military-question&p=755414#post755414)

Gunny
08-11-2015, 05:19 PM
LINK (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50898-A-military-question&p=755414#post755414)

Guess. I need to make something clear for anyone that doesn't know me on here. I don't follow links, and I won't read a page long quote of someone else's words. I don't need them myself, and anyone that does ain't got a lot to say.

Abbey Marie
08-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Robert, I'm sorry.

Wow.

gabosaurus
08-11-2015, 07:23 PM
I put Russia in the same military group as China and North Korea. They are brought up in the pre-WWII Japan model of "the purpose of your life is to fulfill the obligations of the state." If Putin wants to sacrifice thousands of soldiers in pursuit of territorial gains, he will do so. Who is going to tell him he can't?
In the U.S. (or any Western country), we can have debates about military conflicts. We can protest wars. Try to do that in Russia or China and you wind up in either a gulag or a grave. The State owns you, birth to death.

Anyone who plots ways to win a conventional war is delusional. There is no more "conventional war." Future conflicts will be fought by computer guided devices, drones and military intelligence. The days of "our army vs your army" are past. Which is why the Pentagon needs to retire every officer and aide over the age of 50. They need new thinkers.

Albert Einstein had a prophecy that rings even truer today:

"“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Gunny
08-11-2015, 07:26 PM
Robert, I'm sorry.

Want to try again? A 22-1 kill ratio against your pilots and aircraft? You got your asses handed to you. The NVA that "won" at Tet 68 got destroyed. It took them five years and a weak US President to recover. The Viet Cong ceased to be.

So what didn't we win militarily? Y'all got your asses stomped. If I couldn't be there I'm proud my father was.

You like to talk shit so open you lame-ass mouth. You know how many people died in that lame-ass war that your stupid ideology created? I had friends whose dads didn't come home. My dad came home shot up twice. You can fuck off and die lying loser pissant. I'm about sick of your bullshit. You and your fucked up shit couldn't compete with us if we tied BOTH hands behind our backs.

WE are hard corps and YOU are pussies that rely on lies.

Gunny
08-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Want to try again? A 22-1 kill ratio against your pilots and aircraft? You got your asses handed to you. The NVA that "won" at Tet 68 got destroyed. It took them five years and a weak US President to recover. The Viet Cong ceased to be.

So what didn't we win militarily? Y'all got your asses stomped. If I couldn't be there I'm proud my father was.

You like to talk shit so open you lame-ass mouth. You know how many people died in that lame-ass war that your stupid ideology created? I had friends whose dads didn't come home. My dad came home shot up twice. You can fuck off and die lying loser pissant. I'm about sick of your bullshit. You and your fucked up shit couldn't compete with us if we tied BOTH hands behind our backs.

WE are hard corps and YOU are pussies that rely on lies.

And which exactly war did YOU ever fight in? You want to piss me off you fuckwit, you just bought the goods.

Perianne
08-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Robert, I'm sorry.

Wow.

Lol, I missed that one! Did he just say our military is diarrhea?

Kathianne
08-11-2015, 08:19 PM
Wow.
Inferiority complex is showing from Jeff's friend. :laugh2:

namvet
08-11-2015, 10:07 PM
if i could i'd plant an IED in his PM box