PDA

View Full Version : Encouragement in unjust WAR is an American disgraceful value

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 02:48 AM
Is this the America that we think we live in?

“Even though U.S. casualties in Iraq continue to mount -- and we have now been there longer than we were involved in World War II -- surprisingly few newspaper editorial pages have come out for any kind of withdrawal (even a very slow one) or timeline for a pullout. Polls show that about 2 in 3 Americans favor the start of a withdrawal, and even Republican Sen. Richard Lugar, a strong conservative, came out for it last week, but newspapers have remained largely silent.

But yesterday, on Indepedence Day, a McClatchy newspaper with a heavy military presence in its circulation area came out for withdrawal. The headline: "Bring Home U.S. Troops." It concludes that this war "isn't worth a single more American life."

The paper is The Olympian in Olympia, Wash. Nearby are Ft. Lewis (which has sent tens of thousands of troops to Iraq) and McCord Air Force Base. Daily circulation is about 32,000. The president and publisher is John Winn Miller. Vickie Kilgore is executive editor.

“The Fourth of July is a time when Americans celebrate the values that have made us a great nation," Miller tells E&P today. "So it seemed like an appropriate time to editorialize on what has become a national disgrace.”

More: http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003607552

Disgrace indeed.

darin
07-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Funny - people harp on the casualties in this war - and bring up the time we've been fighting vs. WW2, yet can't understand ~4000 casualties vs. 10x that for WW2.

Your desire to have America run away from the fight - which could lead to THOUSANDS of American civilian casualties, is not just un-just, it's blatant disregard for human life AND cowardice.

Hagbard Celine
07-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Funny - people harp on the casualties in this war - and bring up the time we've been fighting vs. WW2, yet can't understand ~4000 casualties vs. 10x that for WW2.

Your desire to have America run away from the fight - which could lead to THOUSANDS of American civilian casualties, is not just un-just, it's blatant disregard for human life AND cowardice.

Oh really? Is Iraq going to attack us if we leave? What are they going to use? Sand? You're a genius.

Gunny
07-06-2007, 10:59 AM

“Even though U.S. casualties in Iraq continue to mount -- and we have now been there longer than we were involved in World War II -- surprisingly few newspaper editorial pages have come out for any kind of withdrawal (even a very slow one) or timeline for a pullout. Polls show that about 2 in 3 Americans favor the start of a withdrawal, and even Republican Sen. Richard Lugar, a strong conservative, came out for it last week, but newspapers have remained largely silent.

But yesterday, on Indepedence Day, a McClatchy newspaper with a heavy military presence in its circulation area came out for withdrawal. The headline: "Bring Home U.S. Troops." It concludes that this war "isn't worth a single more American life."

The paper is The Olympian in Olympia, Wash. Nearby are Ft. Lewis (which has sent tens of thousands of troops to Iraq) and McCord Air Force Base. Daily circulation is about 32,000. The president and publisher is John Winn Miller. Vickie Kilgore is executive editor.

“The Fourth of July is a time when Americans celebrate the values that have made us a great nation," Miller tells E&P today. "So it seemed like an appropriate time to editorialize on what has become a national disgrace.”

More: http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003607552

Disgrace indeed.

If we'd fought this war like we did WWII, it'd been over 2-3 years ago.

Gunny
07-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh really? Is Iraq going to attack us if we leave? What are they going to use? Sand? You're a genius.

Naw, if they messed with the sand you like to hide your head in, they'd have to fight you too.

Hagbard Celine
07-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Naw, if they messed with the sand you like to hide your head in, they'd have to fight you too.

Yeah, my head's in the sand alright. That's why I know that over 3000 US lives have been lost in this farce. That's why I know that over 655000 Iraqi lives have been lost in this farce. That's why I know that Iraq devolved into civil war within weeks of our invasion because our Pentagon never had a plan for rebuilding the Iraqi infrastructure and the administration lied about it to the US public among other things for over three years. That's why I know that Saddam Hussein had no hand in 911. That's why I know that current US military strategy is having zero effect on the daily violence occuring in Iraq. That's why I know that the number of troops we have over there is less than a third of what is actually needed to accomplish a state of peace. That's why I know that our actions in Iraq have destablized the entire Middle East and have set the stage for future war with Iran. That's why I know the Iraq war has made the world a more dangerous place than it was before 911. That's why I know that al-Qaeda's recruitment numbers have increased since the beginning of the "War on Terror."

Kathianne
07-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, my head's in the sand alright. That's why I know that over 3000 US lives have been lost in this farce. That's why I know that over 655000 Iraqi lives have been lost in this farce. That's why I know that Iraq devolved into civil war within weeks of our invasion because our Pentagon never had a plan for rebuilding the Iraqi infrastructure and the administration lied about it to the US public among other things for over three years. That's why I know that Saddam Hussein had no hand in 911. That's why I know that current US military strategy is having zero effect on the daily violence occuring in Iraq. That's why I know that the number of troops we have over there is less than a third of what is actually needed to accomplish a state of peace. That's why I know that our actions in Iraq have destablized the entire Middle East and have set the stage for future war with Iran. That's why I know the Iraq war has made the world a more dangerous place than it was before 911. That's why I know that al-Qaeda's recruitment numbers have increased since the beginning of the "War on Terror."

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/...d-children.htm

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/update-on-bless-the-beasts-and-children.htm

Perhaps the source of your beliefs?

http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/232536.php

http://michaelyon-online.com/wp/baqubah-update-05-july-2007.htm

glockmail
07-06-2007, 11:19 AM

Don't you mean 150x?

glockmail
07-06-2007, 11:21 AM

Hag, get real, man. I can't even start to comment on your little tantrum here.

Gunny
07-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Well now ... aren't you just about full of yourself?

It is not the Pentagon's responsibility to have a plan for rebuilding infrastructure. It is the Pentagon's job to IMPLEMENT the plan.

And I will repeat ... had we gone into Iraq the same way we fought WWII; which, is the comparison being made in the original article, the war would've been over 2-3 years ago. Had we implemented a plan for reconstruction such as the Marshall Plan, most of these terrorist types would be dead or in hiding.

You naysayers have stripped this nation of its balls and you should be ashamed of yourself. But we know that isn't the case, you being so lost and blind in your own righteous indignation.

remie
07-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Don't you mean 150x?

You would be very close. The number is around 500,000 if my history lessons are remembered.

remie
07-06-2007, 01:07 PM

Where might you have found this number?

Hagbard Celine
07-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Well now ... aren't you just about full of yourself?

It is not the Pentagon's responsibility to have a plan for rebuilding infrastructure. It is the Pentagon's job to IMPLEMENT the plan.

And I will repeat ... had we gone into Iraq the same way we fought WWII; which, is the comparison being made in the original article, the war would've been over 2-3 years ago. Had we implemented a plan for reconstruction such as the Marshall Plan, most of these terrorist types would be dead or in hiding.

You naysayers have stripped this nation of its balls and you should be ashamed of yourself. But we know that isn't the case, you being so lost and blind in your own righteous indignation.

Our balls sure as hell didn't have a problem ignoring international law and Preemptively invading a country that had no ties to 911. Are those the balls you've accused me of "stripping" the nation of? How 'bout them balls?! You live in a dream world.

Hagbard Celine
07-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Where might you have found this number?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/10/AR2006101001442.html

Kathianne
07-06-2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/10/AR2006101001442.html

Interesting:

British-based Iraq Body Count

Wow, went beyond Lancet which was debunked long ago:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:BmAzdhAxyM8J:www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi%3FArtNum%3D181516%26Disp%3D8%26Trace%3 Don+British-based+Iraq+Body+Count+debunked&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Gunny
07-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Our balls sure as hell didn't have a problem ignoring international law and Preemptively invading a country that had no ties to 911. Are those the balls you've accused me of "stripping" the nation of? How 'bout them balls?! You live in a dream world.

I live in a dream world? YOu should perhaps re-read your obviously fallacious post.

One, we didn't invade Iraq because of 9/11, No one in the Bush administration ever said we did. However, the administration DID release a statement clarifying that we did NOT invade Iraq because of 9/11.

Two, we violated no international law. Under international law, Saddam Hussein entered into a ceasefire agreement -- not a peace treaty -- that basically stated if he violated either the ceasefire agreement or UN resolutions it could lead to the resumption of hostilities.

If you're going to talk shit, DO try to study up on what you are talking shit about.

OCA
07-06-2007, 02:51 PM
There have not been 655,000 civilians killed that is just a number, which is always different, that the anti-war types throw out there for shock value. Hag can you independently corroborate that number for us?

Yes Bush has fucked up in Iraq but only because he has fought this war with pc as the first and foremost factor. If we had fought a WWII style war and left the worrying about civilian deaths and such till after the war was finished we would have been out two years ago but no..........we pull shit like wage total war on Fallujah then pull out because a douchebag like Paul Bremer says that "the siege of the city is breaking the fragile government, we need to stop so I can get the government stabilized"......and Bush listens. Bush has constantly tied the hands of the generals on the ground because he worries too much about what the ant-American media thinks instead of giving these guys what they want and letting them lay waste to the country.

Other than that the other crap that Hag spewed is well........crap.

Unbelievable.

glockmail
07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
You would be very close. The number is around 500,000 if my history lessons are remembered. I thought it was closer to 600,000. The point is that comparisions of this little war with WW2 is fairly pathetic.

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Sooooooo, you think WAR is "pathetic"?

I thought it was closer to 600,000. The point is that comparisions of this little war with WW2 is fairly pathetic.

I agree but I doubt your comparison. Show me your qualifications, stripes, medals, etc. and I might give you more leeway on "pathetic" wars?!?!?!?!?!?!

glockmail
07-09-2007, 07:55 AM

I agree but I doubt your comparison. Show me your qualifications, stripes, medals, etc. and I might give you more leeway on "pathetic" wars?!?!?!?!?!?!

The point is that comparisions of this little war with WW2 is fairly pathetic.

Your straw man attempt is also pathetic. :poke:

theHawk
07-09-2007, 08:29 AM

Disgrace indeed.

The real disgrace is the fact that most morons like yourself have brainwashed yourselves into believing that electing a Dimocrat is going to result in an immediate withdraw.

trobinett
07-15-2007, 08:39 PM
The real disgrace is the fact that most morons like yourself have brainwashed yourselves into believing that electing a Dimocrat is going to result in an immediate withdraw.

Or anything else of wonder.

WTF is wrong with you people?

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 03:50 AM
When have you heard me say that?

Outside a very damn stupid few, I don't think the Democrats support anything like you propose. Are you just telling a lie or making a rhetorical (albeit useless) point?

OCA
07-21-2007, 07:17 AM

Show us your qualifications you fucking liar!

Psychoblues
07-21-2007, 07:34 AM
I guess you missed it.

Show us your qualifications you fucking liar!

All those balls slapping against your chin and all that, I ain't surprised.

Have I told you lately how much you suck, oca? Suck this, again. :pee:

OCA
07-21-2007, 08:15 AM
I guess you missed it.

You are such a hypocritical lying pile of dogshit, you've got the fucking gall to ask someone to show you their stripes and medals or they can shut the fuck up and you yourself never ever produce one shred of evidence to backup the outlandish claims you make.

You are a sorry excuse for an American and a human being.

glockmail
07-21-2007, 08:25 AM
I guess you missed it.

Why do libs always use gay as an insult?

07-21-2007, 08:35 AM
The is nothing unjust about removing a ruthless dictator from power.

Oh, and Federal law trumps international law.

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 01:29 AM
I am a United States Citizen, oca. I work, I pay taxes and I promote what I believe in.

You are such a hypocritical lying pile of dogshit, you've got the fucking gall to ask someone to show you their stripes and medals or they can shut the fuck up and you yourself never ever produce one shred of evidence to backup the outlandish claims you make.

You are a sorry excuse for an American and a human being.

You, on the other hand, are just a cocksucker still in closet and are afraid of anything that might expose your self loathing and otherwise insecurities. Slap them balls around in your face and tell me I am wrong?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

OCA
07-23-2007, 05:11 AM
tell me I am wrong?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Ok, you're wrong you lying sack of America hating shit.

Psychoblues
07-23-2007, 05:28 AM
'Zat all you got with your partial posting and otherwise lying piece of shit that my dog wouldn't even eat?

Ok, you're wrong you lying sack of America hating shit.

I'm correct but I damn sure ain't right. Wat's your excuse? I know you like it so one more time give this a thought: :pee: