PDA

View Full Version : Holmes Avoids Death Penalty

Kathianne
08-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Life without parole.

Rat
08-08-2015, 10:38 PM
This surprise me. Is Colorado liberal state?

Kathianne
08-08-2015, 10:53 PM
I think purple. Some liberal, some conservative, more than normal libertarian.

I think it was the schizophrenia, just couldn't put him to death.

gabosaurus
08-08-2015, 11:07 PM
The death penalty has to be unanimous. Under the conditions set, I figured this would be almost impossible to obtain.

For someone like Holmes, life without parole is worse than the death penalty. He craves attention. Placing Holmes in isolation at a maximum security prison is dooming him to a lifetime of being ignored and eventually forgotten.

Little-Acorn
08-08-2015, 11:29 PM
I am uninterested in how Holmes feels about what society does to him.

Also uninterested in what shape is head is, or was, in.

He callously murdered more than a dozen innocent strangers who were harming or threatening no one.

The act deserves the death penalty.

He should be executed as quickly as practical. And if the state wants to make it an economical execution too, that's fine with me. Why we owe him any consideration at all, much less room and board for the next fifty years, is baffling.

How Holmes feels about any of it became irrelevant when he pulled the trigger.

Black Diamond
08-08-2015, 11:32 PM
I wanted him to ride the lightning. But I knew it was a long shot.

Little-Acorn
08-09-2015, 12:59 PM
I wanted him to ride the lightning. But I knew it was a long shot.

I just want him gone. It's unimportant how.

Decent human societies don't allow creatures who do what he did, to exist in their midst.

A society that allows him to live, are lacking either in decency or in humanity.

Black Diamond
08-09-2015, 01:33 PM
I just want him gone. It's unimportant how.

Decent human societies don't allow creatures who do what he did, to exist in their midst.

A society that allows him to live, are lacking either in decency or in humanity.
I think our nation lacks both.

Gunny
08-10-2015, 01:20 AM
Life without parole.

I have mixed emotions on this. The death penalty is about revenge, not justice.

I would prefer the death penalty to life without parole. Life without parole is too much like being deployed on a ship. Same day, every day, with people you learn to hate and no real end in sight.

Yeah, we got to go to "exotic" ports and drink beer. We got less than 20 days off in 9 months while y'all got every weekend and holiday. I'm not seeing the trade-off. Other wise, everything's the same.

Everyone's in uniform. Sex is illegal. You get fed crap. And one day just rolls into the next. I'd rather be dead.

And here's TRUE liberal thinking (take notes Gabs) we treat prisoners in this country worse than zoo animals. The zoo animals get fed better. The Black Dolphin prison in Russia treats prisoners better than we do here. But we like to lie to ourselves and say, well, they can get parole. Sure. Until the slightest mistake. Then their parole is revoked and they're back in the can. You think a parolee has a real chance?

Max R.
08-10-2015, 07:04 AM
No, but I think most citizens recognize it's wrong to execute a mentally ill man no matter how many people he killed.