PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT Read This If For Trump and Are Male

Kathianne
08-08-2015, 07:46 AM
You will not like it:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/422116/donald-trump-and-american-id-kevin-d-williamson

indago
08-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Donald Trump is NOT Presidential material! This is what "Presidential material" looks like:

James Baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fExyvJV3NC0&list=PLbaX5qIyiP-856qwBVqThtxQrVqdks8s7&index=6

fj1200
08-14-2015, 12:51 PM
Ouch.

gabosaurus
08-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Oops...

if the words of Donald J. Trump himself are to be believed, pro–amnesty for illegal immigrants, too — not for 11 million, but for the fictitious 30 million he discussed with Bill O’Reilly:

You have to give them a path. You have 20 million, 30 million, nobody knows what it is. It used to be 11 million. Now, today I hear it’s 11, but I don’t think it’s 11. I actually heard you probably have 30 million. You have to give them a path, and you have to make it possible for them to succeed. You have to do that.

NightTrain
08-14-2015, 01:49 PM
My, that was quite a hatchet job reminiscent of a Slate or HuffPo piece, complete with trumped-up (!) accusations.

Before the snarky vitriol made me quit reading and start skimming, this little nugget caught my eye :

Trump Tower in Manhattan, a real-estate development built in part by illegal immigrants, which embarrassing fact obliged one of Trump’s subcontracting minions to take a plea deal including jail time. (But not to worry, Trumpkins — they were Polish illegals, not abominable Mexicans!)

Clearly this guy has never been a working man and had no idea as to how the real world works. Your subs are responsible for their own labor force and the general is not responsible, let alone the owner. The owner hires a General Contractor, who hires subcontractors, who hire skilled and non-skilled laborers. Each company is responsible for complying with Fed and State labor laws for their own companies. You are not responsible for Brand X's company makeup or practices.

I'm sure there are many, many more fallacies to this charming little article but I'm not interested in delving further into this guy's hit piece.

And before anyone accuses me of being a Trump Man (or a Trumpkin, as the idiot author writes), I am not. I personally favor Walker over any of them. I just don't like the unfair guesswork that's running rampant because some absolutely hate him - it reminds me of the Palin attacks.

Irrational hatred should be reserved for the moonbats, that's their niche and they're laughed at for it. We've only had 1 debate, let the man make or break himself.

NightTrain
08-14-2015, 02:08 PM
Re-reading my post, I guess I should clarify just to avoid any mistakes : I wasn't addressing you, Kathi. I'm speaking generally about the flood of articles all over the country churning out the same sort of articles as this one.

Like Trump or not, you have to admit that his ideas and bluntness have created a TON of conversation about important issues. And I like that - that's a definite positive for our country.

Kathianne
08-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Re-reading my post, I guess I should clarify just to avoid any mistakes : I wasn't addressing you, Kathi. I'm speaking generally about the flood of articles all over the country churning out the same sort of articles as this one.

Like Trump or not, you have to admit that his ideas and bluntness have created a TON of conversation about important issues. And I like that - that's a definite positive for our country.

He is for amnesty/ Dreamers though.

Drummond
08-14-2015, 02:56 PM
He is for amnesty/ Dreamers thpugh.

But, IS he ?

Between us, we've addressed the fact of his changes in thinking. I came up with a link showing him attacking Obama for HIS amnesty decision. You posted a later one, apparently showing an about-turn.

So the one thing we know is that Trump's decision on that issue is subject to change, since it already has been. He's apparently supported two diverging 'extremes'. Where he'll settle, is, I think, anyone's guess.

Abbey Marie
08-14-2015, 03:19 PM
But, IS he ?

Between us, we've addressed the fact of his changes in thinking. I came up with a link showing him attacking Obama for HIS amnesty decision. You posted a later one, apparently showing an about-turn.

So the one thing we know is that Trump's decision on that issue is subject to change, since it already has been. He's apparently supported two diverging 'extremes'. Where he'll settle, is, I think, anyone's guess.

And I think what some of us have been trying to say is, it's things like this that make it hard to decide so early who to vote for. And certainly not to get worked up over.

Kathianne
08-14-2015, 03:39 PM
And I think what some of us have been trying to say is, it's things like this that make it hard to decide so early who to vote for. and certainly not to get worked up over.

As long as what he said the day before yesterday is most current. I accept that today may be different.

Gunny
08-14-2015, 04:17 PM
My, that was quite a hatchet job reminiscent of a Slate or HuffPo piece, complete with trumped-up (!) accusations.

Before the snarky vitriol made me quit reading and start skimming, this little nugget caught my eye :

Clearly this guy has never been a working man and had no idea as to how the real world works. Your subs are responsible for their own labor force and the general is not responsible, let alone the owner. The owner hires a General Contractor, who hires subcontractors, who hire skilled and non-skilled laborers. Each company is responsible for complying with Fed and State labor laws for their own companies. You are not responsible for Brand X's company makeup or practices.

I'm sure there are many, many more fallacies to this charming little article but I'm not interested in delving further into this guy's hit piece.

And before anyone accuses me of being a Trump Man (or a Trumpkin, as the idiot author writes), I am not. I personally favor Walker over any of them. I just don't like the unfair guesswork that's running rampant because some absolutely hate him - it reminds me of the Palin attacks.

Irrational hatred should be reserved for the moonbats, that's their niche and they're laughed at for it. We've only had 1 debate, let the man make or break himself.

Calling a spade a spade is not irrational. I don't disagree on the subcontractor part of your comment and I STILL think Trump is an egomaniac not suited to be President. I don't see much difference between him and Obama. I'm always up for enlightenment though ...

So perhaps you can enlighten me on what's the difference between on jerk shoving his stupid ideas down our throats and another jerk doing the same? Neither listen to anyone. Neither listen to US, and WE, the people are supposed to make the rules. Not tyrants occupying a position.

NightTrain
08-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Calling a spade a spade is not irrational. I don't disagree on the subcontractor part of your comment and I STILL think Trump is an egomaniac not suited to be President. I don't see much difference between him and Obama. I'm always up for enlightenment though ...

Okay, that's fine.

My point is that there is a tidal wave of people like the author of that article that are making shit up and smearing him. There should be plenty of legit skeletons to unearth from Trump's closet without resorting to make-believe land. He's said plenty of things on videotape in no uncertain terms that if factually wrong, should be easy for a Journalist to uncover and hammer him on.

So perhaps you can enlighten me on what's the difference between on jerk shoving his stupid ideas down our throats and another jerk doing the same? Neither listen to anyone. Neither listen to US, and WE, the people are supposed to make the rules. Not tyrants occupying a position.

I guess I missed that.

What did Trump force down my throat? Or yours?

Gunny
08-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Okay, that's fine.

My point is that there is a tidal wave of people like the author of that article that are making shit up and smearing him. There should be plenty of legit skeletons to unearth from Trump's closet without resorting to make-believe land. He's said plenty of things on videotape in no uncertain terms that if factually wrong, should be easy for a Journalist to uncover and hammer him on.

I guess I missed that.

What did Trump force down my throat? Or yours?

I'm smearing him on my own based on his behavior. :) Like you, I didn't make it past a a few lines of the article. I judge him based on the obvious. He's a megalomaniac like Obama and other than who is in which party, I see no difference. We can't take 4-8 more years of another bully by a different stripe.

NightTrain
08-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Oh, we certainly agree with his ego. It doesn't get any bigger than his.

His appeal lies in his "Fuck you if you don't like it" attitude, which I get a kick out of, and his business acumen which cannot be disputed.

I'm sure he could turn this country around economically, but Walker has already proved he can.

All Walker needs to do is up his aggressiveness a couple of notches and he'll run away with the race. I don't see that happening, though, it's not who he is and he's not a showman.

Gunny
08-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Oh, we certainly agree with his ego. It doesn't get any bigger than his.

His appeal lies in his "Fuck you if you don't like it" attitude, which I get a kick out of, and his business acumen which cannot be disputed.

I'm sure he could turn this country around economically, but Walker has already proved he can.

All Walker needs to do is up his aggressiveness a couple of notches and he'll run away with the race. I don't see that happening, though, it's not who he is and he's not a showman.

Don't get me wrong. I get a kick out of his attitude for sure. His business acumen not so much. Nor any kind of common sense.

Walker needs to quit looking like Nixon TV. He looks like an overwound rubber band to me. I say the same about Rick Perry. He was an awesome Governor. He and the camera ain't friends. He comes off as an uptight, nerdy goofball. In actuality, he took us from barely breaking even to the 8th largest economy, as a single state, in the WORLD.

fj1200
08-15-2015, 01:57 PM
As long as what he said the day before yesterday is most current. I accept that today may be different.

And that tomorrow may be more different still.

fj1200
08-15-2015, 02:13 PM

I kind of saw it written in a manner that Trump himself would speak.

The way he presents his information may distract from the conversation about the important issues but having said that at this point does his creating a ton of conversation become a positive for the party?

NightTrain
08-15-2015, 03:22 PM
I kind of saw it written in a manner that Trump himself would speak.

I've never heard him speak like that. That shit was right out of Salon or Bartcop.

The way he presents his information may distract from the conversation about the important issues but having said that at this point does his creating a ton of conversation become a positive for the party?

You don't think it's a positive thing for everyone to discuss the immigration mess instead of talking about staff changeups on The View?

fj1200
08-17-2015, 09:38 AM
I've never heard him speak like that. That shit was right out of Salon or Bartcop.

But it was National Review.

You don't think it's a positive thing for everyone to discuss the immigration mess instead of talking about staff changeups on The View?

It's positive to talk about immigration, it's not positive to talk about how he talks about immigration.

NightTrain
08-17-2015, 10:01 AM
It's positive to talk about immigration, it's not positive to talk about how he talks about immigration.

It became a huge topic of conversation because of the way he talked about it.

Surely you're not suggesting that Trump was the first one ever to discuss the issue in front of a national audience.

fj1200
08-17-2015, 10:05 AM
It became a huge topic of conversation because of the way he talked about it.

Surely you're not suggesting that Trump was the first one ever to discuss the issue in front of a national audience.

Bombastically and with red-meat talking points? I won't disagree with that. I'm suggesting that he will be easily defeatable come general election time. If he's our guy then hopefully he is a reliable conservative with the ability to lead an administration and convince Congress that conservative ideals are superior.

NightTrain
08-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Bombastically and with red-meat talking points? I won't disagree with that. I'm suggesting that he will be easily defeatable come general election time. If he's our guy then hopefully he is a reliable conservative with the ability to lead an administration and convince Congress that conservative ideals are superior.

I think it's very possible he won't make the nomination - and I don't think he'll go 3rd party, either. He's using that threat to be treated fairly and not sidelined without a fair shot, and I don't blame him.

Besides all that, I think everyone forgets that he didn't get where he is today by embracing liberal policies. He got where he is today by being a hardliner, and someone within his organization that doesn't perform at an exceptional level is tossed on his ear forthwith. I expect his cabinet would be the same.

But this is all premature. We'll know what kind of man he is in the next few debates.

And if the first one is any indicator, they should be entertaining as hell.

fj1200
08-17-2015, 12:58 PM
I think it's very possible he won't make the nomination - and I don't think he'll go 3rd party, either. He's using that threat to be treated fairly and not sidelined without a fair shot, and I don't blame him.

Besides all that, I think everyone forgets that he didn't get where he is today by embracing liberal policies. He got where he is today by being a hardliner, and someone within his organization that doesn't perform at an exceptional level is tossed on his ear forthwith. I expect his cabinet would be the same.

But this is all premature. We'll know what kind of man he is in the next few debates.

And if the first one is any indicator, they should be entertaining as hell.

I think you're overstating what we can expect from a Trump cabinet. There are plenty of liberals who got to where they are but government is just too big that tossing someone out on their ear will really change anything. Besides I don't think we'll really learn anything more in the next debates.

I was thinking earlier about his overall electability. Some say Romney lost because some conservatives/evangelicals stayed home; if they stayed home over Romney then I don't see them turning out in droves for a man thrice married.

gabosaurus
08-17-2015, 01:30 PM
I was thinking earlier about his overall electability. Some say Romney lost because some conservatives/evangelicals stayed home; if they stayed home over Romney then I don't see them turning out in droves for a man thrice married.

Add in the fact that, in the general election, Trump would lose 90 percent of the minority vote and 80 percent of the female vote.

Perianne
08-18-2015, 02:25 PM
Add in the fact that, in the general election, Trump would lose 90 percent of the minority vote and 80 percent of the female vote.

Any conservative is likely to lose a high percentage of the minority vote. We are running out of intelligent white people to vote conservative.