PDA

View Full Version : Trouble With Trump Campaign?

Kathianne
08-08-2015, 07:48 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/sources-roger-stone-quit-wasnt-fired-by-donald-trump-in-campaign-shakeup-121177.html

<header style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: proxima-nova, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Sources: Roger Stone quit, wasn't fired by Donald Trump in campaign shakeupTrump says he fired his campaign adviser. His adviser says he fired Trump.
</header><footer class="meta" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: proxima-nova, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">By Marc Caputo (http://www.politico.com/reporters/MarcCaputo.html)
<time datetime="2015-08-08T14:40-05:00" style="box-sizing: border-box;">8/8/15 2:40 PM EDT</time>
</footer>

Regardless of who resigned or was fired first, the campaign shakeup was the first sign that Trump’s election effort was seriously damaged from within after his Thursday night debate performance and his subsequent comments in which he attacked one of the Fox debate moderators, Megyn Kelly.
Hours before Stone was planning to quit, conservative Erick Erickson disinvited Trump from his RedState gathering on Saturday because of Trump’s increasingly misogynistic attacks on Kelly.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-08-2015, 07:55 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/sources-roger-stone-quit-wasnt-fired-by-donald-trump-in-campaign-shakeup-121177.html

Most likely just an undercover plant playing his card at a time to most damage Trump.
Republican party and dem party full of tricks my friend. The dog wasn't loyal if he did this and now bellows about it.
Another hack, dishonorable scum . -Tyr

Kathianne
08-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Most likely just an undercover plant playing his card at a time to most damage Trump.
Republican party and dem party full of tricks my friend. The dog wasn't loyal if he did this and now bellows about it.
Another hack, dishonorable scum . -Tyr

You didn't read it. I really don't give a fig, but they've been together for decades.

Drummond
08-08-2015, 08:31 PM
This 'Politico' site you've offered us a link from (I've never before heard of them). Is it an anti-Republican Party hatchet-job setup ?

I ask, because I took a quick look around. I found this ...

http://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2015/08/fact-check-republican-debate-000189

Seventeen Republican presidential candidates. Two debates. Talk about fertile ground for playing loose with the facts.

And then there's Donald Trump.

From exaggerations over political records to ill-advised predictions over exactly what Hillary Clinton would do if she won the White House, pretty much every GOP hopeful took some liberties in Cleveland in their attempts to stand out in a record-sized field.

Here’s POLITICO’s analysis of where the Republican field stretched the truth, steered around some inconvenient facts, or just plain got it wrong:

RAPE EXCEPTION

Megyn Kelly: "You don’t favor a rape and incest exception?"
Marco Rubio: "I have never said that. And I have never advocated that. What I have advocated is that we pass law in this country that says all human life at every stage of its development is worthy of protection."

The Florida senator is actually forgetting about a bill he backed just two years ago.

In 2013, Rubio was among 40 Republican senators cosponsoring legislation that would have banned abortions after 20 weeks — with exceptions for rape, incest or if the mother's life was in danger.

Rubio wasn't alone among the 2016 candidates supporting this approach, though. Sen. Lindsey Graham wrote the bill, and both Sens. Ted Cruz and Rand Paul backed it too.

DODD-FRANK FOOTNOTE?

Marco Rubio: “And last but not least, we need to repeal Dodd-Frank. It is eviscerating small businesses and small banks. Over 40 percent of small banks and midsize banks that loan money to small businesses have been wiped out since Dodd-Frank was passed.”

Rubio's stat on small banks is in need of a citation.

Academic and government data doesn’t have that figure ...

...and so it continues. I'll post no more of it, because I'm not prepared to disseminate more of this stuff than I need to, to make a point !

I see no reason to take notice of, give any real credibility to, any site, any so-called 'source' of 'information' that is, in truth, just advancing a self-serving agenda.

For that, I already have the BBC, thanks very much .....

gabosaurus
08-08-2015, 08:43 PM
I see no reason to take notice of, give any real credibility to, any site, any so-called 'source' of 'information' that is, in truth, just advancing a self-serving agenda.

In your point of view, any news source that doesn't unequivocally support your viewpoints and opinions 100 percent, with no questions asked, is "advancing a self-serving agenda."
Sorry Drummond, but you and Balu are on the same boat. You both want to live in a dictatorship.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-08-2015, 09:01 PM
You didn't read it. I really don't give a fig, but they've been together for decades.
My friend, longevity really has nothing to do with it when two go separate ways. To do so at such a crucial moment seems a bit planned or deliberate to inflict the most damage.
I have not all the facts and made my reply on the basics that were given.
I myself may leave a close friend if cause is great enough(justified)but wouldn't stick in a knife in my way out!
Judas was one of Jesus's disciples, how close for how long does not counter the possibility that it was done to inflict major damage. Or even counter the man may have got his "thirty pieces of silver" .. Who will ever know how it went done.
If Trump proves to be the scoundrel and plant that you an others think he is --you will get my apology for my mistake and error.
I make no claims to perfection ... Just a country boy that survived. :beer: :beer:--Tyr

Drummond
08-08-2015, 09:31 PM
In your point of view, any news source that doesn't unequivocally support your viewpoints and opinions 100 percent, with no questions asked, is "advancing a self-serving agenda."

You can be sure they're NOT ?

It's in the nature of the enemy to be propagandist, and even to be obsessed with propaganda dissemination. If it weren't for that, Leftieism itself would be a far weaker political force. So, "advancing a self-serving agenda" becomes a pretty safe bet.

Sorry Drummond, but you and Balu are on the same boat. You both want to live in a dictatorship.

Hardly. I fight for freedom and decency. Dictatorship doesn't fit the bill at all. LEFTIEISM thrives in such a climate .. as Chaiman Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Castro, could all have told you. What's more, they have the death tolls to prove it.

As for what Balu wants .. try asking him. And while you're at it, get him to be effusive about his opinions of - rather, his utter contempt FOR - Ukraine's right to self-determination. They're as different from mine as it's possible to get.

But then, I'm not a Leftie.