PDA

View Full Version : When famous people order products from Amazon

gabosaurus
08-09-2015, 06:06 PM
A Sunday themed video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zEZCY4Nuw4&feature=youtu.be

Perianne
08-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Distasteful and disrespectful. It is a good thing for him that I am not God.

Abbey Marie
08-09-2015, 06:31 PM
C'mon Gabs, you're better than this. I know it's tongue-in-cheek, but as Perianne said, very disrespectful.

gabosaurus
08-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Disrespectful? I didn't think so at all. It's a jab at materialistic people.
Different tastes in humor I suppose.

Perianne
08-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Disrespectful? I didn't think so at all. It's a jab at materialistic people.
Different tastes in humor I suppose.

Making light of the torture of Christ? Yes, disrespectful.

tailfins
08-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Making light of the torture of Christ? Yes, disrespectful.

I will defer to your unimpared ability to see these things. I would have thought it was just an actor that planned to portray Jesus and that actor was just reviewing his purchase.

Voted4Reagan
08-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Come on Gabs... You're better than that... No need for it.

jimnyc
08-10-2015, 08:00 AM
C'mon Gabs, you're better than this. I know it's tongue-in-cheek, but as Perianne said, very disrespectful.

Come on Gabs... You're better than that... No need for it.

Food for though - HOW MANY TIMES have those words been spoken in her support when she trolls? And make no bones about it and ignore any attempt to claim it's not. She knows the folks here extremely well. She knows who is what religion. She knew that this would irritate some folks. That is text book trolling, whether anyone admits it or recognizes it. "Disrespectful". Wow to anyone that thinks she is capable of remaining respectful towards people.

Abbey, do you see me often, or ever, being disrespectful to you? Kathianne? Darin? V4R? Drummond? DragonStryk? HJ?.... I won't go on. Point is, there are many folks that I have befriended over the years. As a result, when the times come that we "disagree", we still remain respectful to one another, whether that be about politics, funny stuff, just telling stories about daily life...

"You're better than this" - "You're better than that" - all I have to add is "where is the proof?" - "Where is the consistency?"

Perhaps I was simply delusional about ever befriending her. Maybe certain things aren't irritating or insulting to others, and I mistake what is disrespectful.

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 08:17 AM
Food for though - HOW MANY TIMES have those words been spoken in her support when she trolls? And make no bones about it and ignore any attempt to claim it's not. She knows the folks here extremely well. She knows who is what religion. She knew that this would irritate some folks. That is text book trolling, whether anyone admits it or recognizes it. "Disrespectful". Wow to anyone that thinks she is capable of remaining respectful towards people.

Abbey, do you see me often, or ever, being disrespectful to you? Kathianne? Darin? V4R? Drummond? DragonStryk? HJ?.... I won't go on. Point is, there are many folks that I have befriended over the years. As a result, when the times come that we "disagree", we still remain respectful to one another, whether that be about politics, funny stuff, just telling stories about daily life...

"You're better than this" - "You're better than that" - all I have to add is "where is the proof?" - "Where is the consistency?"

Perhaps I was simply delusional about ever befriending her. Maybe certain things aren't irritating or insulting to others, and I mistake what is disrespectful.

You've got a point. Certainly seems to be her main focus when coming here. There a bits of redemption followed by tons of trollings.

But heh Jim, you keep trying with TF. :thumb: Truth is, we're all soft in the head!

jimnyc
08-10-2015, 08:26 AM
You've got a point. Certainly seems to be her main focus when coming here. There a bits of redemption followed by tons of trollings.

But heh Jim, you keep trying with TF. :thumb: Truth is, we're all soft in the head!

I base my judgments of others on MY interaction with them, and how they treat me, hence me chatting with and giving advice to tailfins. I have always acknowledged his wrongdoing in speaking to others and such. That's not being soft, I think it's being fair. But yes, that's kinda what I meant with my last line, I think we all might have different visions of what disrespect is, or what the level of irritating is.

Abbey Marie
08-10-2015, 09:45 AM
One big difference though: Gabs is a very small minority on an essentially Conservative board. I wonder how I would act on an essentially Liberal board (assuming they didn't just ban me, lol). I can say this much- I probably wouldn't be feeling all lovey-dovey and friendly.

And one of our recently-departed members (as well as a couple of others) would ridicule her even when she made innocuous posts about non-political things. Every single time.

I would say even if I am a blind idiot (how would we know if we are?), it is never a bad thing to think and project positively about someone.

gabosaurus
08-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Food for though - HOW MANY TIMES have those words been spoken in her support when she trolls?

You seem absolutely possessed with this "trolling" thing. I don't know why it bothers you so much.
As I have said many times before, every difference of opinion is not "trolling." It's simply a difference of opinion. Which is not "trolling."
Perhaps I watch youtube too much. Particularly Fail Blog and Fail Army. Which I find to be hilarious. There are these people who try to be either consumer advocates or merely narcissistic in discussing their newest purchases.
Huntington Beach recently hosted the World Series of Surfing. Drew untold thousands to our location. One of the many discussions was who would win a surfing contest between Jesus and Muhammad.
If you are too uptight, you fail to see the humor in life.

Perianne
08-10-2015, 11:18 AM
One of the many discussions was who would win a surfing contest between Jesus and Muhammad.
If you are too uptight, you fail to see the humor in life.

I don't call it uptight, I call it a matter of respect towards Christianity.

gabosaurus
08-10-2015, 11:21 AM
I don't call it uptight, I call it a matter of respect towards Christianity.

Why don't members of this board display an equal amount of respect toward other religions?

Abbey Marie
08-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Why don't members of this board display an equal amount of respect toward other religions?

I think the only religion that receives any real disrespect on this board is Islam, and I think we should all know by now why that is.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvGK5ojEpCCWEFInHj9KGf9_JnH_-vVct2CqbXiSIrtnRs4s4NOA

Also, there is this belief, which I and most of this country hold to be truth:

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6