PDA

View Full Version : Megyn Kelly's reasonable explanation

tailfins
08-09-2015, 07:19 PM
The money phrase is that Megyn Kelly wants to find the candidate who can beat Hillary Clinton. Go to 5:04 to see for yourself. For me competence trumps gender.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4409338800001/megyn-kellys-game-plan-/

Black Diamond
08-09-2015, 08:36 PM
The money phrase is that Megyn Kelly wants to find the candidate who can beat Hillary Clinton. Go to 5:04 to see for yourself. For me competence trumps gender.

Pun intended?

tailfins
08-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Pun intended?

Not initially, but afterwards, yes.

gabosaurus
08-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Megyn Kelly played her trump card and The Donald couldn't handle it. :cool:

Gunny
08-10-2015, 12:24 AM

She's hiding behind "I'm a journalist". Which is a load of crap when she's got an opinion. The questions were loaded; especially, the one about running as a 3rd party. First question out of box and there was NO doubt who it was aimed at, regardless her act of innocence.

I don't have a real problem with, myself. It exposed Trump for the hot head he is on national TV. But let's don't call it something it's not. He got baited and took the bait. THAT's on him. And in case you missed any of my comments, he's like LAST on my list of anyone that needs to be President, much less try to represent conservatives when he's the definition of a RINO.

Going after Kelly on Twitter was the definition of petty and thin-skinned. And people want to put him in the position of trading barbs with Putin? We'll be slinging ICBMs the first time Trump gets his feathers ruffled.

Drummond
08-10-2015, 06:37 AM
I've just watched the portion of the clip indicated. Kelly's lying.

She was trying to find the candidate who could beat Clinton ? Judging by her questioning, she started off from the standpoint of having already made her decisions, and setting out to demolish someone she didn't like.

This she did with Trump, and she didn't waste a single second in doing it. Her first question (comment), before Trump had said a word to her, was (I'm quoting from a copy of the transcript) ..

Mr. Trump, one of the things people love about you is you speak your mind and you don’t use a politician’s filter. However, that is not without its downsides, in particular, when it comes to women.

You’ve called women you don’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs, and disgusting animals.”

That's not 'fair and balanced', nor it is anything other than a direct attack, an attempt to demonise and alienate a potential 50% of his support, made within just THREE SENTENCES.

I daresay it was also an attempt to goad him, and one outside any bounds of decency. Fact is, that any Leftie dedicated to that cause could scarcely have hoped for a better attack-tactic.

Note Gabby's thinking, if you doubt anything of my comment's accuracy. Kelly's conduct was unprofessional in the extreme.

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 07:41 AM
I've just watched the portion of the clip indicated. Kelly's lying.

She was trying to find the candidate who could beat Clinton ? Judging by her questioning, she started off from the standpoint of having already made her decisions, and setting out to demolish someone she didn't like.

This she did with Trump, and she didn't waste a single second in doing it. Her first question (comment), before Trump had said a word to her, was (I'm quoting from a copy of the transcript) ..

That's not 'fair and balanced', nor it is anything other than a direct attack, an attempt to demonise and alienate a potential 50% of his support, made within just THREE SENTENCES.

I daresay it was also an attempt to goad him, and one outside any bounds of decency. Fact is, that any Leftie dedicated to that cause could scarcely have hoped for a better attack-tactic.

Note Gabby's thinking, if you doubt anything of my comment's accuracy. Kelly's conduct was unprofessional in the extreme.

However he said all those things and more.

Drummond
08-10-2015, 07:57 AM
However he said all those things and more.

Really ?

And even so ... context ? Said over how long a period ? Have you ever disparaged any man ... over the past three decades ?

Jim has something to say about Trump's very recent 'offering'. It does something to set a proper context for the phraseology. And, given the truth of the REAL context, changes any perception you might have as to what was on Trump's mind at the time. See >>

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50973-Trump-Disinvited-To-Red-State-Gathering&p=754850#post754850

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 08:06 AM
Really ?

And even so ... context ? Said over how long a period ? Have you ever disparaged any man ... over the past three decades ?

Jim has something to say about Trump's very recent 'offering'. It does something to set a proper context for the phraseology. And, given the truth of the REAL context, changes any perception you might have as to what was on Trump's mind at the time. See >>

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50973-Trump-Disinvited-To-Red-State-Gathering&p=754850#post754850

I did see it. If it were what he meant, wouldn't have taken over 12 hours to get that explanation out. In fairness to our very unfair MSM, they would have written that 'this common saying was different...' but it's not common enough. I've never heard of anything like that.

I've seen 'your eyes will bleed', 'steam coming out of ears', etc. Nothing about eyes and nose! especially when the nose is 'her whatever'.

darin
08-10-2015, 08:16 AM
Fox was under a rock. There's nothing to win there - If they do what every.other.fucking.network does and throw softballs the other media would crucify them. If they are tough with the candidates - the media would ONLY grab the soundbites of the candidates being 'hammered' and barely, if at all, give the response. And the last one is what happened. Kelly was tough. Good for her.

jimnyc
08-10-2015, 08:23 AM
I did see it. If it were what he meant, wouldn't have taken over 12 hours to get that explanation out. In fairness to our very unfair MSM, they would have written that 'this common saying was different...' but it's not common enough. I've never heard of anything like that.

I've seen 'your eyes will bleed', 'steam coming out of ears', etc. Nothing about eyes and nose! especially when the nose is 'her whatever'.

What about what it really stems from, ever heard the phrase "seeing red"? And some take that a step further.

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 08:27 AM
What about what it really stems from, ever heard the phrase "seeing red"? And some take that a step further.

Ok, why though wouldn't he say that-which is common? He said, 'blood was coming from her eyes and her whatever.' 12 hours later he said meant nose, but said 'whatever' when he meant 'whenever.' Really?

Drummond
08-10-2015, 08:36 AM

He could've just been waiting in the belief that commonsense perceptiveness would win out, and is maybe astonished that it hasn't. Or, maybe he viewed the whole thing as a storm in a teacup .. BECAUSE his thinking is so different to the 'PC' version of it.

Anyway, I think this controversy is just playing into the hands of the Left (certainly our BBC is doing what it can to gain advantage from it, of course NOT including an actual TRANSMISSION of the exchange). They want any strong opposition to be defeated, discredited, as soon as possible. In that regard .. they've got off to a flying start.

I, for one, have no interest in playing any Leftie game. Not Kelly's, nor anyone's.

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 08:39 AM
He could've just been waiting in the belief that commonsense perceptiveness would win out, and is maybe astonished that it hasn't. Or, maybe he viewed the whole thing as a storm in a teacup .. BECAUSE his thinking is so different to the 'PC' version of it.

Anyway, I think this controversy is just playing into the hands of the Left (certainly our BBC is doing what it can to gain advantage from it, of course NOT including an actual TRANSMISSION of the exchange). They want any strong opposition to be defeated, discredited, as soon as possible. In that regard .. they've got off to a flying start.

I, for one, have no interest in playing any Leftie game. Not Kelly's, nor anyone's.

Sure, that's the ticket. Exactly. :laugh2:

jimnyc
08-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Ok, why though wouldn't he say that-which is common? He said, 'blood was coming from her eyes and her whatever.' 12 hours later he said meant nose, but said 'whatever' when he meant 'whenever.' Really?

I have no idea why he stated it as such, and I even added that he phrased it wrong, but that I knew the statement from hearing it about blood coming out areas of the head out of anger. And he probably should have clarified instantly. But that still doesn't mean he lied, and the terminology still has existed. But quite frankly, for ME only, this isn't much of an issue. I see it more as a reason to jump on the leader. He could blast Rosie O'donnell on national TV every day of his life and it wouldn't really change my opinion of him. I know that's harsh, but right now, for me, and trying to evaluate all of the candidates, I'm looking for more than what Trump said about illegal immigrants (and I agree with what he said) and more than his jabs at a moderator.

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 08:44 AM
I have no idea why he stated it as such, and I even added that he phrased it wrong, but that I knew the statement from hearing it about blood coming out areas of the head out of anger. And he probably should have clarified instantly. But that still doesn't mean he lied, and the terminology still has existed. But quite frankly, for ME only, this isn't much of an issue. I see it more as a reason to jump on the leader. He could blast Rosie O'donnell on national TV every day of his life and it wouldn't really change my opinion of him. I know that's harsh, but right now, for me, and trying to evaluate all of the candidates, I'm looking for more than what Trump said about illegal immigrants (and I agree with what he said) and more than his jabs at a moderator.

If he were only to use such with O'Donnell, doubt it would be a story. I don't think anyone said he 'lied' it was more a case of a person being called on misogynist statements, doubling down in a hissy fit after.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-10-2015, 08:52 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Nobody is ever going to know if lied later about what he meant.
Haven't you ever phrased something wrong when saying it?
I have many times and I was not even on a stage being drilled.
The question asked was a set up -gotcha question and Trump was the prime target--we expect that out of the other networks but not Fox News.
Fox News for whatever reason decided that they wanted to sink Trump-- it was not about hardening up our candidates. I'd bet my life on that...

Trump scare both political parties --because he is his own man---Reagan scared them -even his own party. --Tyr

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Nobody is ever going to know if lied later about what he meant.
Haven't you ever phrased something wrong when saying it?
I have many times and I was not even on a stage being drilled.
The question asked was a set up -gotcha question and Trump was the prime target--we expect that out of the other networks but not Fox News.
Fox News for whatever reason decided that they wanted to sink Trump-- it was not about hardening up our candidates. I'd bet my life on that...

Trump scare both political parties --because he is his own man---Reagan scared them -even his own party. --Tyr

There's no confusion that Trump reacted very thin skinned, something often said about Obama. Bush, Cruz, Carson, Walker, Christie were all given lists of misspeaks, changes in positions, etc. Not one of them were anything but gracious afterwards.

You bring up Reagan, someone who was very set, once he reached a decision. He was always pleasant, even when scolding. He never appeared vindictive, though may have been. Knowing how to act in public is something taught to well mannered people.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-10-2015, 09:12 AM
There's no confusion that Trump reacted very thin skinned, something often said about Obama. Bush, Cruz, Carson, Walker, Christie were all given lists of misspeaks, changes in positions, etc. Not one of them were anything but gracious afterwards.

You bring up Reagan, someone who was very set, once he reached a decision. He was always pleasant, even when scolding. He never appeared vindictive, though may have been. Knowing how to act in public is something taught to well mannered people.

Having the fire and the spirit to hit back is more an internal thing that anything taught IMHO.
SO HE HITS BACK--AN HITS BACK EVERY TIME.
THIS NATION NEEDS THAT , NOW MORE THAN EVER IMHO!
The world must face a very, very hard nosed hit back type of president or else this nation will soon be sunk IMHO.
THEY hate and fear Trump because he fits that bill far more than any of the others.-Tyr

NightTrain
08-10-2015, 10:50 AM

You're confusing thin skinned with his eagerness to fight back instead of politely nodding and accepting someone else's opinions of him or his actions.

Nothing wrong with rejecting the notion that people must restrain themselves even when being attacked. Trump subscribes to the school of thinking that you enter a fight to win it, not play nicely.

He doesn't answer a jab with another polite jab; he responds with a flurry of roundhouses. It's kind of refreshing.

This is a very different world than 1980 and '84. It's impossible to say what Reagan would have said and how he would have phrased things in today's world.

If you'll notice, all the meek and politely nodding & smiling candidates are trailing by a very large margin. The PC route is going to backfire on them.

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 01:29 PM
You're confusing thin skinned with his eagerness to fight back instead of politely nodding and accepting someone else's opinions of him or his actions.

Nothing wrong with rejecting the notion that people must restrain themselves even when being attacked. Trump subscribes to the school of thinking that you enter a fight to win it, not play nicely.

He doesn't answer a jab with another polite jab; he responds with a flurry of roundhouses. It's kind of refreshing.

This is a very different world than 1980 and '84. It's impossible to say what Reagan would have said and how he would have phrased things in today's world.

If you'll notice, all the meek and politely nodding & smiling candidates are trailing by a very large margin. The PC route is going to backfire on them.

Oh, I'm not mistaking thin skinned and defending oneself. She didn't just walk up to him, it was a debate setting. Likewise I'm not the one using PC as a euphemism for boorish behavior.

As I discussed with Jeff earlier, (I'm sort of sick so will be on and off), much of what I'm hearing is that some folks are going for the let's make this country even more divided, since THEY started it. Sort of a quick ride to Sodom and Gomorrah.

I'm just more hopeful. Don't believe in using others bad behavior to justify good people going full on bad. Or bad people posing as good.

Drummond
08-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Sure, that's the ticket. Exactly. :laugh2: :clap::clap:

So glad you agree !! ;)

Bilgerat
08-10-2015, 05:38 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11816900_1070775462947791_1366922334620555965_n.jp g?oh=c1feaa9e57870b9a2bd49849d1994465&oe=5640243F

Gunny
08-10-2015, 05:39 PM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11816900_1070775462947791_1366922334620555965_n.jp g?oh=c1feaa9e57870b9a2bd49849d1994465&oe=5640243F

Bought mine a handgun. :)

Oh, and your point is lost. Trump aka Obama Jr got treated like anyone else. He just acted like a titty-baby about it.