PDA

View Full Version : Disturbia & 1408

jimnyc
07-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Been down a bit lately, and when I feel that way I like to watch some movies. I woke up one morning and just happened to find these 2 on my computer. :)

Disturbia

Starring Shia Labeouf and some hot chick named Sarah Roemer. Shia is under house arrest and must enjoy his new neighbor through binoculars since he can't leave his property. While enjoying the sites, he finds out he may live next door to a murderer.

Won't go any further - movie actually sucked!

John Cusack is the star. He's a writer who writes about haunted places and the paranormal. He mostly debunks all the crap he finds out about, until he gets invited to the Dolphin Hotel in NYC, and room 1408 (13th floor, for those who don't know these dopes like to skip 13 in many buildings). He seriously doubts the stories he's been told and demands to be able to spend a night there so he can write about it. Takes about 15 minutes before he gives in and decides he wants out of the nightmare. Too late though, he can't leave!

Thought this one was outstanding and it had me on the edge from the minute he entered the room.

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Jim, we are thinking of seeing 1408 tonight. Can you tell me if it tends towards the gory or the satanic? I am not interested in movies that feature those two things. Love a good scary ghost story, though.

jimnyc
07-06-2007, 04:54 PM
Jim, we are thinking of seeing 1408 tonight. Can you tell me if it tends towards the gory or the satanic? I am not interested in movies that feature those two things. Love a good scary ghost story, though.

Hope I'm not too late!

I would honestly say it's neither. Although every scary movie has some blood, this isn't a "bloodfest". Definitely not satanic. It's about a "possessed" room but not in that kind of way.

All in all I would say it's just a good old fashioned horror flick. But I sure hope you don't return and yell at me!

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Hope I'm not too late!

I would honestly say it's neither. Although every scary movie has some blood, this isn't a "bloodfest". Definitely not satanic. It's about a "possessed" room but not in that kind of way.

All in all I would say it's just a good old fashioned horror flick. But I sure hope you don't return and yell at me!

No, not too late. Thanks, Jim. It sounds really good. but either way, you're off the hook. :salute:

jimnyc
07-06-2007, 05:01 PM
No, not too late. Thanks, Jim. It sounds really good. but either way, you're off the hook. :salute:

I say take a chance and see it. I watched it here on the computer in the dark last night and at times it scared the crap out of me! Not the scariest movie EVER, but should have you clinging the hubby a few times. :)

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I say take a chance and see it. I watched it here on the computer in the dark last night and at times it scared the crap out of me! Not the scariest movie EVER, but should have you clinging the hubby a few times. :)

He'll like that!

jimnyc
07-06-2007, 05:07 PM
He'll like that!

Tell him he owes me then!

jimnyc
07-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Just be careful what you cling to, he might owe me even more. :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Just be careful what you cling to, he might owe me even more. :laugh2:

:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 10:15 PM
We just got back from seeing 1408, and I really liked it. Great psychologcial thriller, really not much gore at all. Mostly scary mind games, and a truly terrifying concept which I won't give away here. Loved John Cusack in it.

Stephen King is back. I'll never listen to "We've Only Just Begun" the same way again.
:thumb::beer:

Thanks for the push, Jim.