PDA

View Full Version : 54% of Trump supporters say they will vote for him even if he runs 3rd party

Black Diamond
08-11-2015, 08:18 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/new-nbc-news-survey-monkey-poll-donald-trump-still-lead-n406766
Fifty-four percent of Trump supporters said they would vote for him for president, even if he didn't win the GOP nomination. About one in five Trump supporters said they would switch and support the eventual Republican candidate.

Yikes

SassyLady
08-11-2015, 08:21 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/new-nbc-news-survey-monkey-poll-donald-trump-still-lead-n406766
Fifty-four percent of Trump supporters said they would vote for him for president, even if he didn't win the GOP nomination. About one in five Trump supporters said they would switch and support the eventual Republican candidate.

Yikes

Meh, that doesn't concern me. The other 46% will more than likely vote for the GOP candidate. And, there will be less and less Trump supporters as the other candidates get more exposure between now and time to vote. So, 54% of nothing is nothing.

Kathianne
08-11-2015, 08:25 PM

Yikes
It aligns with my thread on 'a few thoughts.' I'm not surprised. It seems the time for a conservative to reenter the WH is not now. Probably not until there's a true crisis, though I have a hard time to envision what the country would be like just by Jan. '16. But it is what it is.

Black Diamond
08-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Meh, that doesn't concern me. The other 46% will more than likely vote for the GOP candidate. And, there will be less and less Trump supporters as the other candidates get more exposure between now and time to vote. So, 54% of nothing is nothing.
You may be correct but that's not what the survey says.

Black Diamond
08-11-2015, 08:37 PM
I agree that as candidates drop out their supporters will go to other candidates than trump. But right now trump is polling at at least 23 percent. If half that votes third party.....

Black Diamond
08-11-2015, 08:38 PM
I agree that as candidates drop out their supporters will go to other candidates than trump. But right now trump is polling at at least 23 percent. If half that votes third party.....

Actually. I may have to cut that in half again...

Kathianne
08-11-2015, 08:40 PM

I don't think many of Trumps fans are going to vote for anyone else, certainly not a Democrat. However, I think most will vote for him in 3rd party, even if he pledged to not go that route. He'd find a reason to renege.

There will not be enough votes for anyone to win, but whomever the Democrats put up.

Black Diamond
08-11-2015, 08:50 PM
I don't think many of Trumps fans are going to vote for anyone else, certainly not a Democrat. However, I think most will vote for him in 3rd party, even if he pledged to not go that route. He'd find a reason to renege.

There will not be enough votes for anyone to win, but whomever the Democrats put up.

Yeah if he gets six percent, the dems win.

gabosaurus
08-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Since Trump supporters are a very miniscule number of the GOP electorate, half of them would be even smaller. But enough to cost the GOP the election.

SassyLady
08-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Since Trump supporters are a very miniscule number of the GOP electorate, half of them would be even smaller. But enough to cost the GOP the election.

Who's your favorite Gabby? Hillary or Bernie?

Black Diamond
08-12-2015, 02:49 AM
Who's your favorite Gabby? Hillary or Bernie?

What??? No respect for Joe???

fj1200
08-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Yikes

Meh, half of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction. I think he'll analyze and decide that there is no likelihood that he wins as an independent.