PDA

View Full Version : Carly Fiorina

Kathianne
08-08-2015, 08:36 AM
http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/08/246161-im-running-president-will-fix-foreign-policy-win/

Why I’m Running For President and How I’ll Re-Establish American Leadership in the World

Written by Carly Fiorina (http://journal.ijreview.com/author/carly_fiorina/)

Last night, I joined six of my fellow candidates to discuss some of the most important issues facing our nation today, from ISIS to the economy to Planned Parenthood. Debates present an important opportunity for candidates to introduce ourselves to voters. My name ID is still the lowest in the field, so I was grateful for the chance to speak to some of the 60% of Republicans who don’t know who I am yet.

However, I also know that our nominee will have to move beyond the sound bites that often characterize these debates if she wants to challenge Hillary Clinton. For too long, we have had a professional political class that gives us only empty promises and bumper sticker rhetoric. The American people are outraged. They know that, whatever the cause, whatever the issue, whatever festering problem they hoped would be resolved, the political class has failed them.

Conservatives have no shortage of great ideas – but we need a leader who can make them happen. She must have a track record of leadership, accomplishment, and a willingness to challenge the status quo.

Last night, I made a promise to challenge the status quo – and you can look at my track record and know that I will keep that promise.
I promised to roll back the bad deal that President Obama negotiated with Iran – and to make two important phone calls on my first day in office.

SassyLady
08-09-2015, 09:45 PM
This is the one to watch. Couldn't get in main debate due to lack of name recognition. Now that a few million people watched the "cocktail hour" debate, she's garnering a lot of attention so I hope she is invited to debate with the others next time. Imagine what type of impact she would have had if the 24M tuned in to the main debate had seen her.

I'll be posting little tidbits here.

Here is what she had to say in response to question about hormones interfering with decision making.

<header class="post_title_template" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: 'Quattrocento Sans', Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19.5px; background: none 0px 0px repeat scroll rgb(92, 92, 92);">Carly just CRUSHED the question about women’s hormones on CNN today</header>Written by Michele Hickford, Editor-in-Chief (http://allenbwest.com/author/michele/) on August 9, 2015
http://allenbwest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/carly-fiorina-300x180.jpg

Pardon my enthusiasm, but I just had to get up and cheer after hearing Carly Fiorina on CNN’s “The State of the Union” this morning (http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/09/politics/carly-fiorina-donald-trump-blood-comment-response/).

<center style="box-sizing: border-box;"></center>
When asked by host Jake Tapper about Donald Trump’s inference about Fox News’ Megyn Kelly, Fiorina replied,“Women understood that comment. And yes, it is offensive. I started out as a secretary. And as I made my way up in the business world, a male-dominated business world, I’ve had lots of men imply that, um — I was unfit for decision-making because maybe I was having my period. So I’ll say it, OK?
When I started this campaign, I was asked on a national television show whether a woman’s hormones prevented her from serving in the Oval Office. MY response was, can we think of a single instance in which a man’s hormones might have clouded his judgment?“
Uh, yes Ms. Fiorina, we certainly can, and his WIFE is now running for president.

<center style="box-sizing: border-box;"></center>
I don’t recall Margaret Thatcher ever having to respond to such questions. But I’m quite certain if she had been, she would have answered with the same aplomb. Carly Fiorina is cut from the same cloth!

http://allenbwest.com/2015/08/carly-just-crushed-the-question-about-womens-hormones-on-cnn-today/

Black Diamond
08-09-2015, 09:50 PM
This is the one to watch. Couldn't get in main debate due to lack of name recognition. Now that a few million people watched the "cocktail hour" debate, she's garnering a lot of attention so I hope she is invited to debate with the others next time. Imagine what type of impact she would have had if the 24M tuned in to the main debate had seen her.

Here is what she had to say in response to question about hormones interfering with decision making.
I am sure that she and Trump will be on the same stage of the next debate. The ratings would be too large for them not to be.

Black Diamond
08-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Assuming trump doesn't drop out before the next debate.

SassyLady
08-09-2015, 10:00 PM
He won't drop out. I think the only reason he's running as a Republican is because there won't be any debates for Independents. He'll use this part of the campaign to get exposure and then when he doesn't get nominated he'll bail.

Gunny
08-10-2015, 01:02 AM

I could sleep at night voting for her. She ain't taking no s*it, that's for sure and IMO, her focus on going after the Clinton's was right on.

Gunny
08-10-2015, 01:03 AM
I am sure that she and Trump will be on the same stage of the next debate. The ratings would be too large for them not to be.

His ego versus her intelligence. I want to see THAT massacre.

Perianne
08-10-2015, 01:16 AM
As Kathianne probably remembers, I was showing interest in Fiorina way back. I donated to her campaign this past weekend and am firmly in her camp. How great it would be to have a wonderful woman as President? I know that is sexist maybe, but it is what it is.

Gunny
08-10-2015, 01:29 AM
As Kathianne probably remembers, I was showing interest in Fiorina way back. I donated to her campaign this past weekend and am firmly in her camp. How great it would be to have a wonderful woman as President? I know that is sexist maybe, but it is what it is.

I honestly never knew who she was until the last few months. She's the only one willing to engage Hillary and she can get away with it. I don't care what her gender is.

What I see though is a bunch of males being threatened and going after her. She's fired the first rounds. She better be prepared to take incoming. I actually don't think it will be Trump. I think it will be more Republican establishment.

There's nothing sexist about it. Sexism and racism are excuses of the weak. The problem is, you got dumbasses that believe it. Trust me, they're ALL doing their homework on Carly looking for a chink in the armor. She more a threat to Hillary than anyone else because Hillary can't pull the sexist card on her. But she IS a threat to the establishment.

And I got one name for you that proves it ... Donald Trump. You want to talk about sexist? I think he was more offended he was questioned by a woman than anything else.

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 01:37 AM

I do remember. :beer:

I like what I hear of her.

I do think she'd match up well against Hillary. All of her 'problem areas' would be compared with the -gates, Benghazi, emails, etc.

I need to see more though from her and some of the others. My tendency is to vote based on experience, performance, ability to work with others, and goals.

Failures along the way; mistakes made and apparently learned from, count on the positives.

I liked Walker's answer to his change of mind on amnesty-listening to the people. He's not all over with flip flops, but thinking people do evolve in their decisions.

Contrary to many here, I think the candidate has to have a record of being able to compromise where possible, but hold fast to principles where the conflict is too great. One of the pluses of someone that's got a Senate record.

Political experience is a different type then just executive; it's one of the reasons that governors are often the best presidents, keeping Carter as the exception that proves the rule.

Without enough information I currently would like to see Fiorina keep at it, hopefully gaining some experience with the people. I can see if she keeps going as currently, a Secretary position or VP.

One thing all should have learned with Obama, experience and records do matter.

Gunny
08-10-2015, 01:54 AM
I do remember. :beer:

I like what I hear of her.

I do think she'd match up well against Hillary. All of her 'problem areas' would be compared with the -gates, Benghazi, emails, etc.

I need to see more though from her and some of the others. My tendency is to vote based on experience, performance, ability to work with others, and goals.

Failures along the way; mistakes made and apparently learned from, count on the positives.

I liked Walker's answer to his change of mind on amnesty-listening to the people. He's not all over with flip flops, but thinking people do evolve in their decisions.

Contrary to many here, I think the candidate has to have a record of being able to compromise where possible, but hold fast to principles where the conflict is too great. One of the pluses of someone that's got a Senate record.

Political experience is a different type then just executive; it's one of the reasons that governors are often the best presidents, keeping Carter as the exception that proves the rule.

Without enough information I currently would like to see Fiorina keep at it, hopefully gaining some experience with the people. I can see if she keeps going as currently, a Secretary position or VP.

One thing all should have learned with Obama, experience and records do matter.

The one thing I remember mostly about Carly is she says she isn't pulling any punches. You've known me for 12 years. I'm all about pulling punches. She's got more balls than any man I heard the other night.

Drummond
08-10-2015, 06:55 AM

I've already given my views on her elsewhere on this forum.

I've seen a clip of her. She comes across as articulate, and she has quite a bit of experience dealing with 'high-powered people', from what I can see. Even so .. has her role, to date, been one that tests Presidential qualities ?

She's measured in what she says. Seems a tad 'politically correct'. She also seemed, to me, to be too prone to hesitancy. This doesn't say an awful lot in favour of her, when you consider that some standoffs might require a bit (more than a bit) of personal fire and sheer obstinacy.

I don't think she's any equivalent of Margaret Thatcher, and I think she lacks much of what made Mrs Thatcher such a stellar Leader. Conviction, yes. Articulate and intelligent, undoubtedly. Can she be swayed under pressure, when facing off on an 'ego' level ? I suspect .. 'yes'.

I think she lacks the personal strength a President needs .. I think that's the simple truth of it.

Max R.
08-10-2015, 07:02 AM

Let's hope that's true.

While I doubt Fiorina can come from behind to take the nomination, I think there's an excellent chance for her to be on the VP side of a ticket.

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 07:44 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/08/09/caly_fiorina_income_inequality_i_worse_under_progr essive_policies.html

Carly Fiorina: Income Inequality Is Worse Under Progressive Policies

Posted on August 9, 2015

CHRIS WALLACE: What would President Fiorina do to jump-start this economy and be specific?

CARLY FIORINA: First, we have to remember what the engine of economic growth is in this nation. You know what it is? Small businesses. Family-owned businesses. Community-based businesses. I started out as a nine-person real estate firm typing and filing. That's how most people start. Two-thirds of misses are supported by small businesses. We're crushing them. That's why we have to roll back this regulatory burden. Take a 70,000 page tax code and make it three pages. Because guess what. When have a big costly complicated government. Only the big, the powerful, wealthy and well connected can deal with it. It's called crony capitalism. It is why we just reduce the size of government. So, we have to get small businesses up and growing again. To do so, we just reduce the power, the scope, the complexity of government.

CHRIS WALLACE: What would you do about taxes? Are you going to cut corporate taxes? Are you going to cut taxes on the higher income people? And if you do, or if you're going to campaign on that, you know that Hillary Clinton will say trickle down economics?

CARLY FIORINA: Yeah, we have about a 75,000 page tax code today. And that complexity favors the wealthy and the big and the well had connected because they have hire the accountants and lawyers to figure out how to make that complexity work for them. We got to get it down three. The lower over rate, close every loophole. Maybe there's one or two loopholes that really help the middle class, but most of these deductions and loopholes and complexities actually benefit the wealthy, the powerful, the well connected. But yes, our tax code isn't competitive anymore. It's ridiculous that we have the highest tax rate in the world when we're trying to attract jobs here. So lower every rate, close every loophole.

CHRIS WALLACE: So when Hillary Clinton says, "Yeah, and the rich are going to make out like bandits."

CARLY FIORINA: What I would point out to Hillary Clinton is that every single one of the policies that she is currently pursuing makes income inequality worse. Exhibit A: income inequality under the Obama administration. Exhibit B: every liberal state in this nation. I spent twelve years in the state of California, a state that's been ruled by liberals for a long time. And guess what you have: about a hundred and thirty billionaires--good for them--the highest poverty rates in the nation, the exodus of the middle class, the destruction of industry after industry after industry. Income inequality is worse under progressive policies, because progressive policies favor the wealthy, the well-connected, and the powerful.

Kathianne
08-10-2015, 08:04 PM
I'm pretty sure Carly is her own person:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-politics/11794268/Republican-Carly-Fiorina-smack-down-Has-Donald-Trump-met-his-match.html

America's Iron Lady Carly Fiorina: Has Donald Trump met his match? Tuesday 10 August 2015 By Sophy Ridge (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/sophy-ridge/), Political Correspondent, Sky News

You’ve all got Donald Trump wrong.

The colourful candidate for President is no dinosaur when it comes to women’s rights. In fact, he thinks we’re all “tremendous” – even “phenomenal”.

Defending himself against accusations of sexism, Trump explained (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33841820): “I have many executives that are women” (SEE! He knows some women! In real life!) and "they are doing a phenomenal job. I pay them a tremendous amount of money. They make money for me. They make money for themselves. And in many cases, they truly are really talented and they can be killers."

Trump has been called out for comments made to an American TV host where he appeared to suggest she was giving him a hard time because she was on her period.

... (I'm cutting out more anti-Trumpisms)

The outraged reaction from Democrats was predictable. But what caught my eye was the slam-dunk put down from one of Trump’s fellow Republicans.
Carly Fiorina has been dubbed America’s Iron Lady. True to style, she was the first of the Republican presidential candidates to condemn Trump’s comments.
“Mr. Trump: There. Is No. Excuse”, Fiorina tweeted.

Carly Fiorina
✔@CarlyFiorina (https://twitter.com/CarlyFiorina)

Mr. Trump: There. Is. No. Excuse.
8:41 PM - 7 Aug 2015 (https://twitter.com/CarlyFiorina/status/629860026916716545)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/595179129013538816/weoj-HQY_normal.jpgCarly Fiorina
✔@CarlyFiorina (https://twitter.com/CarlyFiorina)

I stand with @megynkelly (https://twitter.com/megynkelly).
8:42 PM - 7 Aug 2015 (https://twitter.com/CarlyFiorina/status/629860119682097152)

She later expanded in a television interview: "I started out as a secretary. And as I made my way up in the business world, a male-dominated business world, I've had lots of men imply that, um -- I was unfit for decision-making because maybe I was having my period. So I'll say it, OK?”

And just in case there was any doubt left, she blasted: "When I started this campaign, I was asked on a national television show whether a woman's hormones prevented her from serving in the Oval Office. My response was, can we think of a single instance in which a man's hormones might have clouded his judgment?"

(note all anti-Trump stuff cannot be out, otherwise the commentary doesn't make sense):

Fiorina 1, Trump 0. The bombastic billionaire later moaned: “I just realized that if you listen to Carly Fiorina for more than 10 minutes straight, you develop a massive headache.” (Realising that one of your rivals has just trounced you in an argument would probably give anyone a headache.)

I’m slightly fascinated by Fiorina, the former Hewlett-Packard CEO and the only woman running for the Republican nomination.

Initially, she was written off as a no-hoper. (I remember when David Cameron first gave Theresa May the Home Secretary job, and certain male Tories privately scoffed. They dismissed her appointment as a nod to political correctness, and predicted her swift demise. These days those very same fellas can’t get enough of May – she’s won them round by her steeliness and true blue conservatism.)

Fiorina was duly relegated to the second tier debates, reserved for candidates who don’t have the polling necessary to qualify for the main event. It’s the political equivalent of the Fun Race at school sports day – a chance to have a good giggle at the kids that aren’t good enough to make the cut for the serious events.

But Fiorina had the last laugh, with a performance that was hailed by social media users and the professional commentariat as a break through moment. According to the latest NBC News poll, Republican voters think she won the debate and she has now jumped to the fourth most popular candidate overall. Significantly, by training her guns on Hillary Clinton – branding her a liar (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/republicans/11791838/Carly-Fiorina-Back-me-and-Ill-take-on-Hillary.html) - Fiorina gave the impression that she can attack another woman in a way that no man can.

The 60-year-old Presidential hopeful has impressive credentials. She was the first woman to lead a Fortune 20 company (although she was ousted after a boardroom struggle in 2005) and also has experience with small business. But not everything in her life has gone to plan for the law school dropout. After bouts of chemotherapy, she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

If you want an insight into her political beliefs, look at her recent comments on maternity pay.

In a CNN interview, Fiorina said: “I’m not saying I oppose paid maternity leave. What I’m saying is I oppose the federal government mandating paid maternity leave to every company out there.”

Fiorina pointed out that Hewlett-Packard offered one year of paid leave for mothers when she was CEO, adding: “I don’t think it’s the role of Government to dictate to the private sector how to manage their businesses, especially when it’s pretty clear that the private sector, like Netflix, like the example that you just gave (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/digital-media/11784344/Netflix-offers-employees-unlimited-parental-leave.html), is doing the right thing because they know it helps them attract the right talent.”

This goes to the heart of Fiorina’s personal philosophy: big Government is the problem, not the solution. She argues that progressive policies make income inequality worse (she notes that California has the highest poverty rate in the nation.) The best way to improve the chances of the poor, for Fiorina, is through economic growth and subsequently job creation.

Could she win the Republican nomination? That’s likely to be a bridge too far. But she’s certainly made the fight more interesting.

SassyLady
08-11-2015, 11:38 PM
This is one of the reasons I like this woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTUwwb8aL6E

SassyLady
08-11-2015, 11:41 PM
I found a video that is just Carly clips from the debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLiaazApI2E

SassyLady
08-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Carly on MSNBC after the debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mhO9t-lteA

SassyLady
08-12-2015, 12:00 AM
Carly on Clinton - "blood on her hands"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C0mNsMAJhc

Kathianne
08-12-2015, 06:52 AM
Sassy, thanks for bringing some passion to highlight another candidate!

Kathianne
08-12-2015, 11:57 AM
http://nypost.com/2015/08/11/carly-fiorina-surging-in-polls-after-winning-gop-debate/

Carly Fiorina surging in polls after ‘winning’ GOP debate (http://nypost.com/2015/08/11/carly-fiorina-surging-in-polls-after-winning-gop-debate/)

By Marisa Schultz (http://nypost.com/author/marisa-schultz/)

August 11, 2015 | 10:24pm

Three new polls released Tuesday put the former Hewlett-Packard CEO within the top five of 17 Republican presidential candidates — a huge leap from the No. 14 spot she held prior to the Thursday night showdown on Fox News.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national survey finds Trump leading at 17 percent among likely GOP primary voters, down from 26 percent before the debate.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush are in a second-place tie at 10 percent, with Fiorina and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker tied for fourth at 9 percent each.

A New Hampshire poll shows Trump ahead at 18 percent, followed by Bush (13 percent), Ohio Gov. John Kasich (12 percent), Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (10 percent) and Fiorina in fifth (9 percent), according to the Franklin Pierce University/Boston Herald survey.

And in Iowa, a Suffolk University poll placed Trump at 17 percent, followed by Walker (12 percent), Rubio (10 percent), retired neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson (9 percent), and Fiorina tied with Cruz (7 percent) for fifth place.

In the Iowa survey, 82 percent of those GOP voters surveyed said Fiorina won her debate.

Paleologos called Fiorina’s showing “dramatic.”

Perianne
08-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Okay, I am a woman and may be biased because of such.

I view Carly's future as only getting stronger. Pretty much anyone who listens to her comes away impressed.

To you gentlemen out there, give her a chance! Listen to her. Hear what she says. She is a solid conservative woman, and there ain't nothing better than that!

GO CARLY FIORINA!

Drummond
08-12-2015, 12:12 PM
http://nypost.com/2015/08/11/carly-fiorina-surging-in-polls-after-winning-gop-debate/

I'm actually sorry to hear it, considering the research I've done.

Assuming Trump somehow gets out of the race, I'd want to see Santorum succeed.

I've dug this link out. A comparison between Santorum and Fiorina. Fiorina comes out as remarkably 'liberal' in certain areas. She's obviously weak on recognising a 'gateway drug' argument, whereas Santorum has strong views. She's shown as having no opinion on the privatising of Social Security. Alarmingly, on 'Defence and international issues', she's FAR weaker than Santorum (in fact, I think, alarmingly so ... we all need, across the world, for America to be as strong as possible in that area !!!).

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/compare/58-63/Rick-Santorum-vs-Carly-Fiorina

Drummond
08-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Okay, I am a woman and may be biased because of such.

I view Carly's future as only getting stronger. Pretty much anyone who listens to her comes away impressed.

To you gentlemen out there, give her a chance! Listen to her. Hear what she says. She is a solid conservative woman, and there ain't nothing better than that!

GO CARLY FIORINA!

Sorry, Perianne, but from what I've dug out, she's weak in areas where it matters for her to be particularly strong. To quote from the comparison-link I've just posted ...

In terms of defense and international issues, Rick Santorum is far more conservative than Carly Fiorina.

Fiorina scores just 2 out of 10 in their count .. Santorum gets 10 out of 10.

Perianne
08-12-2015, 12:18 PM

I've dug this link out. A comparison between Santorum and Fiorina. Fiorina comes out as remarkably 'liberal' in certain areas. She's obviously weak on recognising a 'gateway drug' argument, whereas Santorum has strong views. She's shown as having no opinion on the privatising of Social Security. Alarmingly, on 'Defence and international issues', she's FAR weaker than Santorum (in fact, I think, alarmingly so ... we all need, across the world, for America to be as strong as possible in that area !!!).

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/compare/58-63/Rick-Santorum-vs-Carly-Fiorina

Drummond, I agree that Santorum is a great man and a great conservative. That being said, he has no chance IMO.

So, I am left with looking for the most conservative person who can win. That leaves me with Carly Fiorina. She just appeals to me in ways that other candidates don't. I could equally support Cruz (no chance) or Walker.

Drummond
08-12-2015, 12:23 PM
With the dial swinging to the right to indicate the most Conservative leanings (a score of 10), and to the left to indicate the opposite .. here's their scoring for Carly Fiorina ...

Issues

<tbody>

Individual Rights

<svg class="viz speed-viz" style="width: 110px" height="110"><g stroke="#bbb" stroke-width="2" transform="scale(1.1)"><circle cx="50" cy="40" r="4" stroke-width="0" fill="#bbb"></circle><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="58.22134282106667" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="61.74805433482151"></line><line x1="20.51724799485024" y1="49.579526825623375" x2="14.810908897079322" y2="51.43362879187306"></line><line x1="19" y1="40.00000000000001" x2="13" y2="40.00000000000001"></line><line x1="20.517247994850237" y1="30.42047317437663" x2="14.810908897079315" y2="28.566371208126952"></line><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="21.778657178933337" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="18.251945665178496"></line><line x1="31.77865717893333" y1="14.920473174376632" x2="28.25194566517849" y2="10.066371208126949"></line><line x1="40.420473174376625" y1="10.51724799485024" x2="38.56637120812694" y2="4.810908897079322"></line><line x1="49.99999999999999" y1="9" x2="49.99999999999999" y2="3"></line><line x1="59.57952682562336" y1="10.517247994850237" x2="61.43362879187305" y2="4.810908897079315"></line><line x1="68.22134282106666" y1="14.920473174376625" x2="71.74805433482149" y2="10.066371208126942"></line><line x1="75.07952682562336" y1="21.778657178933326" x2="79.93362879187305" y2="18.251945665178486"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="30.420473174376625" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="28.566371208126938"></line><line x1="81" y1="39.99999999999999" x2="87" y2="39.99999999999999"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="49.57952682562336" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="51.43362879187305"></line><line x1="75.07952682562338" y1="58.221342821066656" x2="79.93362879187306" y2="61.7480543348215"></line><line x1="50" y1="40" x2="60.68393061841003" y2="10.899250412729902" stroke-width="3" stroke="#bbb"></line></g></svg>1

Domestic Issues

<svg class="viz speed-viz" width="110" height="110"><g stroke="#bbb" stroke-width="2" transform="scale(1.1)"><circle cx="50" cy="40" r="4" stroke-width="0" fill="#bbb"></circle><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="58.22134282106667" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="61.74805433482151"></line><line x1="20.51724799485024" y1="49.579526825623375" x2="14.810908897079322" y2="51.43362879187306"></line><line x1="19" y1="40.00000000000001" x2="13" y2="40.00000000000001"></line><line x1="20.517247994850237" y1="30.42047317437663" x2="14.810908897079315" y2="28.566371208126952"></line><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="21.778657178933337" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="18.251945665178496"></line><line x1="31.77865717893333" y1="14.920473174376632" x2="28.25194566517849" y2="10.066371208126949"></line><line x1="40.420473174376625" y1="10.51724799485024" x2="38.56637120812694" y2="4.810908897079322"></line><line x1="49.99999999999999" y1="9" x2="49.99999999999999" y2="3"></line><line x1="59.57952682562336" y1="10.517247994850237" x2="61.43362879187305" y2="4.810908897079315"></line><line x1="68.22134282106666" y1="14.920473174376625" x2="71.74805433482149" y2="10.066371208126942"></line><line x1="75.07952682562336" y1="21.778657178933326" x2="79.93362879187305" y2="18.251945665178486"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="30.420473174376625" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="28.566371208126938"></line><line x1="81" y1="39.99999999999999" x2="87" y2="39.99999999999999"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="49.57952682562336" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="51.43362879187305"></line><line x1="75.07952682562338" y1="58.221342821066656" x2="79.93362879187306" y2="61.7480543348215"></line><line x1="50" y1="40" x2="80.02607799498757" y2="32.29061349788954" stroke-width="3" stroke="#bbb"></line></g></svg>6

Economic Issues

<svg class="viz speed-viz" width="110" height="110"><g stroke="#bbb" stroke-width="2" transform="scale(1.1)"><circle cx="50" cy="40" r="4" stroke-width="0" fill="#bbb"></circle><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="58.22134282106667" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="61.74805433482151"></line><line x1="20.51724799485024" y1="49.579526825623375" x2="14.810908897079322" y2="51.43362879187306"></line><line x1="19" y1="40.00000000000001" x2="13" y2="40.00000000000001"></line><line x1="20.517247994850237" y1="30.42047317437663" x2="14.810908897079315" y2="28.566371208126952"></line><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="21.778657178933337" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="18.251945665178496"></line><line x1="31.77865717893333" y1="14.920473174376632" x2="28.25194566517849" y2="10.066371208126949"></line><line x1="40.420473174376625" y1="10.51724799485024" x2="38.56637120812694" y2="4.810908897079322"></line><line x1="49.99999999999999" y1="9" x2="49.99999999999999" y2="3"></line><line x1="59.57952682562336" y1="10.517247994850237" x2="61.43362879187305" y2="4.810908897079315"></line><line x1="68.22134282106666" y1="14.920473174376625" x2="71.74805433482149" y2="10.066371208126942"></line><line x1="75.07952682562336" y1="21.778657178933326" x2="79.93362879187305" y2="18.251945665178486"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="30.420473174376625" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="28.566371208126938"></line><line x1="81" y1="39.99999999999999" x2="87" y2="39.99999999999999"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="49.57952682562336" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="51.43362879187305"></line><line x1="75.07952682562338" y1="58.221342821066656" x2="79.93362879187306" y2="61.7480543348215"></line><line x1="50" y1="40" x2="80.02607799498757" y2="32.29061349788954" stroke-width="3" stroke="#bbb"></line></g></svg>6

Defense and International Issues

<svg class="viz speed-viz" width="110" height="110"><g stroke="#bbb" stroke-width="2" transform="scale(1.1)"><circle cx="50" cy="40" r="4" stroke-width="0" fill="#bbb"></circle><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="58.22134282106667" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="61.74805433482151"></line><line x1="20.51724799485024" y1="49.579526825623375" x2="14.810908897079322" y2="51.43362879187306"></line><line x1="19" y1="40.00000000000001" x2="13" y2="40.00000000000001"></line><line x1="20.517247994850237" y1="30.42047317437663" x2="14.810908897079315" y2="28.566371208126952"></line><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="21.778657178933337" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="18.251945665178496"></line><line x1="31.77865717893333" y1="14.920473174376632" x2="28.25194566517849" y2="10.066371208126949"></line><line x1="40.420473174376625" y1="10.51724799485024" x2="38.56637120812694" y2="4.810908897079322"></line><line x1="49.99999999999999" y1="9" x2="49.99999999999999" y2="3"></line><line x1="59.57952682562336" y1="10.517247994850237" x2="61.43362879187305" y2="4.810908897079315"></line><line x1="68.22134282106666" y1="14.920473174376625" x2="71.74805433482149" y2="10.066371208126942"></line><line x1="75.07952682562336" y1="21.778657178933326" x2="79.93362879187305" y2="18.251945665178486"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="30.420473174376625" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="28.566371208126938"></line><line x1="81" y1="39.99999999999999" x2="87" y2="39.99999999999999"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="49.57952682562336" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="51.43362879187305"></line><line x1="75.07952682562338" y1="58.221342821066656" x2="79.93362879187306" y2="61.7480543348215"></line><line x1="50" y1="40" x2="63.199158038517275" y2="11.950361373553406" stroke-width="3" stroke="#bbb"></line></g></svg>2

</tbody>

Kathianne
08-12-2015, 12:25 PM
With the dial swinging to the right to indicate the most Conservative leanings (a score of 10), and to the left to indicate the opposite .. here's their scoring for Carly Fiorina ...

Drummond, do you have a link to that? Do they have it for all the candidates?

Drummond
08-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Drummond, I agree that Santorum is a great man and a great conservative. That being said, he has no chance IMO.

So, I am left with looking for the most conservative person who can win. That leaves me with Carly Fiorina. She just appeals to me in ways that other candidates don't. I could equally support Cruz (no chance) or Walker.

Then I suggest you use the site link I've provided to dig around a little. You'll find that it provides an option (which is what I used myself) to make side-by-side comparisons between whatever candidates you want. From what I've seen, Fiorina - out of the Conservative candidates - scores WEAKER than most of the others (especially on the defense/international area).

Frankly, if Fiorina does win out, I'd be concerned about where, exactly, her weaknesses would show up in real terms. We - you, me, the entire world - needs the opposite of this.

Drummond
08-12-2015, 12:37 PM
See this, on Santorum ...

<tbody>
At an ideology score of 10, Rick Santorum (http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/l/58/Rick-Santorum) is very conservative when it comes to defense/international issues. Santorum is far more conservative than the average 2016 Republican presidential candidate.

Issue Average

<svg class="viz speed-viz" style="width: 90px" height="90"><g stroke="#bbb" stroke-width="2" transform="scale(0.9)"><circle cx="50" cy="40" r="4" stroke-width="0" fill="#bbb"></circle><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="58.22134282106667" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="61.74805433482151"></line><line x1="20.51724799485024" y1="49.579526825623375" x2="14.810908897079322" y2="51.43362879187306"></line><line x1="19" y1="40.00000000000001" x2="13" y2="40.00000000000001"></line><line x1="20.517247994850237" y1="30.42047317437663" x2="14.810908897079315" y2="28.566371208126952"></line><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="21.778657178933337" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="18.251945665178496"></line><line x1="31.77865717893333" y1="14.920473174376632" x2="28.25194566517849" y2="10.066371208126949"></line><line x1="40.420473174376625" y1="10.51724799485024" x2="38.56637120812694" y2="4.810908897079322"></line><line x1="49.99999999999999" y1="9" x2="49.99999999999999" y2="3"></line><line x1="59.57952682562336" y1="10.517247994850237" x2="61.43362879187305" y2="4.810908897079315"></line><line x1="68.22134282106666" y1="14.920473174376625" x2="71.74805433482149" y2="10.066371208126942"></line><line x1="75.07952682562336" y1="21.778657178933326" x2="79.93362879187305" y2="18.251945665178486"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="30.420473174376625" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="28.566371208126938"></line><line x1="81" y1="39.99999999999999" x2="87" y2="39.99999999999999"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="49.57952682562336" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="51.43362879187305"></line><line x1="75.07952682562338" y1="58.221342821066656" x2="79.93362879187306" y2="61.7480543348215"></line><line x1="50" y1="40" x2="75.07952682562336" y2="58.221342821066685" stroke-width="3" stroke="#bbb"></line></g></svg>10

</tbody>

<tbody>

<tbody>
Topic
Position
Ideology Score

Support & expand free trade
Strongly Favors

<svg class="viz speed-viz" style="width: 50px" height="50"><g stroke="#bbb" stroke-width="2" transform="scale(0.5)"><circle cx="50" cy="40" r="4" stroke-width="0" fill="#bbb"></circle><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="58.22134282106667" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="61.74805433482151"></line><line x1="20.51724799485024" y1="49.579526825623375" x2="14.810908897079322" y2="51.43362879187306"></line><line x1="19" y1="40.00000000000001" x2="13" y2="40.00000000000001"></line><line x1="20.517247994850237" y1="30.42047317437663" x2="14.810908897079315" y2="28.566371208126952"></line><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="21.778657178933337" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="18.251945665178496"></line><line x1="31.77865717893333" y1="14.920473174376632" x2="28.25194566517849" y2="10.066371208126949"></line><line x1="40.420473174376625" y1="10.51724799485024" x2="38.56637120812694" y2="4.810908897079322"></line><line x1="49.99999999999999" y1="9" x2="49.99999999999999" y2="3"></line><line x1="59.57952682562336" y1="10.517247994850237" x2="61.43362879187305" y2="4.810908897079315"></line><line x1="68.22134282106666" y1="14.920473174376625" x2="71.74805433482149" y2="10.066371208126942"></line><line x1="75.07952682562336" y1="21.778657178933326" x2="79.93362879187305" y2="18.251945665178486"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="30.420473174376625" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="28.566371208126938"></line><line x1="81" y1="39.99999999999999" x2="87" y2="39.99999999999999"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="49.57952682562336" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="51.43362879187305"></line><line x1="75.07952682562338" y1="58.221342821066656" x2="79.93362879187306" y2="61.7480543348215"></line><line x1="50" y1="40" x2="75.07952682562336" y2="58.221342821066685" stroke-width="3" stroke="#bbb"></line></g></svg>10

Expand the military
Strongly Favors

<svg class="viz speed-viz" width="50" height="50"><g stroke="#bbb" stroke-width="2" transform="scale(0.5)"><circle cx="50" cy="40" r="4" stroke-width="0" fill="#bbb"></circle><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="58.22134282106667" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="61.74805433482151"></line><line x1="20.51724799485024" y1="49.579526825623375" x2="14.810908897079322" y2="51.43362879187306"></line><line x1="19" y1="40.00000000000001" x2="13" y2="40.00000000000001"></line><line x1="20.517247994850237" y1="30.42047317437663" x2="14.810908897079315" y2="28.566371208126952"></line><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="21.778657178933337" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="18.251945665178496"></line><line x1="31.77865717893333" y1="14.920473174376632" x2="28.25194566517849" y2="10.066371208126949"></line><line x1="40.420473174376625" y1="10.51724799485024" x2="38.56637120812694" y2="4.810908897079322"></line><line x1="49.99999999999999" y1="9" x2="49.99999999999999" y2="3"></line><line x1="59.57952682562336" y1="10.517247994850237" x2="61.43362879187305" y2="4.810908897079315"></line><line x1="68.22134282106666" y1="14.920473174376625" x2="71.74805433482149" y2="10.066371208126942"></line><line x1="75.07952682562336" y1="21.778657178933326" x2="79.93362879187305" y2="18.251945665178486"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="30.420473174376625" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="28.566371208126938"></line><line x1="81" y1="39.99999999999999" x2="87" y2="39.99999999999999"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="49.57952682562336" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="51.43362879187305"></line><line x1="75.07952682562338" y1="58.221342821066656" x2="79.93362879187306" y2="61.7480543348215"></line><line x1="50" y1="40" x2="75.07952682562336" y2="58.221342821066685" stroke-width="3" stroke="#bbb"></line></g></svg>10

Support American Exceptionalism
Strongly Favors

<svg class="viz speed-viz" width="50" height="50"><g stroke="#bbb" stroke-width="2" transform="scale(0.5)"><circle cx="50" cy="40" r="4" stroke-width="0" fill="#bbb"></circle><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="58.22134282106667" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="61.74805433482151"></line><line x1="20.51724799485024" y1="49.579526825623375" x2="14.810908897079322" y2="51.43362879187306"></line><line x1="19" y1="40.00000000000001" x2="13" y2="40.00000000000001"></line><line x1="20.517247994850237" y1="30.42047317437663" x2="14.810908897079315" y2="28.566371208126952"></line><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="21.778657178933337" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="18.251945665178496"></line><line x1="31.77865717893333" y1="14.920473174376632" x2="28.25194566517849" y2="10.066371208126949"></line><line x1="40.420473174376625" y1="10.51724799485024" x2="38.56637120812694" y2="4.810908897079322"></line><line x1="49.99999999999999" y1="9" x2="49.99999999999999" y2="3"></line><line x1="59.57952682562336" y1="10.517247994850237" x2="61.43362879187305" y2="4.810908897079315"></line><line x1="68.22134282106666" y1="14.920473174376625" x2="71.74805433482149" y2="10.066371208126942"></line><line x1="75.07952682562336" y1="21.778657178933326" x2="79.93362879187305" y2="18.251945665178486"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="30.420473174376625" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="28.566371208126938"></line><line x1="81" y1="39.99999999999999" x2="87" y2="39.99999999999999"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="49.57952682562336" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="51.43362879187305"></line><line x1="75.07952682562338" y1="58.221342821066656" x2="79.93362879187306" y2="61.7480543348215"></line><line x1="50" y1="40" x2="75.07952682562336" y2="58.221342821066685" stroke-width="3" stroke="#bbb"></line></g></svg>10

Avoid foreign entanglements
Strongly Opposes

<svg class="viz speed-viz" width="50" height="50"><g stroke="#bbb" stroke-width="2" transform="scale(0.5)"><circle cx="50" cy="40" r="4" stroke-width="0" fill="#bbb"></circle><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="58.22134282106667" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="61.74805433482151"></line><line x1="20.51724799485024" y1="49.579526825623375" x2="14.810908897079322" y2="51.43362879187306"></line><line x1="19" y1="40.00000000000001" x2="13" y2="40.00000000000001"></line><line x1="20.517247994850237" y1="30.42047317437663" x2="14.810908897079315" y2="28.566371208126952"></line><line x1="24.920473174376628" y1="21.778657178933337" x2="20.066371208126945" y2="18.251945665178496"></line><line x1="31.77865717893333" y1="14.920473174376632" x2="28.25194566517849" y2="10.066371208126949"></line><line x1="40.420473174376625" y1="10.51724799485024" x2="38.56637120812694" y2="4.810908897079322"></line><line x1="49.99999999999999" y1="9" x2="49.99999999999999" y2="3"></line><line x1="59.57952682562336" y1="10.517247994850237" x2="61.43362879187305" y2="4.810908897079315"></line><line x1="68.22134282106666" y1="14.920473174376625" x2="71.74805433482149" y2="10.066371208126942"></line><line x1="75.07952682562336" y1="21.778657178933326" x2="79.93362879187305" y2="18.251945665178486"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="30.420473174376625" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="28.566371208126938"></line><line x1="81" y1="39.99999999999999" x2="87" y2="39.99999999999999"></line><line x1="79.48275200514976" y1="49.57952682562336" x2="85.18909110292068" y2="51.43362879187305"></line><line x1="75.07952682562338" y1="58.221342821066656" x2="79.93362879187306" y2="61.7480543348215"></line><line x1="50" y1="40" x2="75.07952682562336" y2="58.221342821066685" stroke-width="3" stroke="#bbb"></line></g></svg>

</tbody>

</tbody>

Kathianne
08-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Thanks for the link.

Drummond
08-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Drummond, do you have a link to that? Do they have it for all the candidates?

The site I've already provided a link to is the basis for whatever set of comparisons you'd choose to make. From what I've seen, Fiorina is one of the MORE liberal Republican candidates out there. Arguably, she may - perhaps - qualify for the 'RINO' tag ? I'm unsure ...

Use this, as I did ..

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/

Use the tick boxes provided to select your chosen candidates for comparison.

Kathianne
08-12-2015, 12:44 PM
The site I've already provided a link to is the basis for whatever set of comparisons you'd choose to make. From what I've seen, Fiorina is one of the MORE liberal Republican candidates out there. Arguably, she may - perhaps - qualify for the 'RINO' tag ? I'm unsure ...

Use this, as I did ..

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/

Use the tick boxes provided to select your chosen candidates for comparison.

I found it after, thank you!

Drummond
08-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Rand Paul, v Ted Cruz, v Carly Fiorina ..

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/compare/57-62-63/Rand-Paul-vs-Ted-Cruz-vs-Carly-Fiorina

Drummond
08-12-2015, 12:53 PM
The one you've been waiting for ... Fiorina v Trump !

http://presidential-candidates.insidegov.com/compare/63-70/Carly-Fiorina-vs-Donald-Trump

I'll be honest. I'm just a little disappointed that Trump isn't more convincingly Conservative than Fiorina (though, overall, he IS). Especially on defence and international ratings .. Santorum just, literally, can't be beaten on those .. and it's a comparatively weak area for Fiorina. To my mind, when it comes to alertness, preparedness, for future international events .. there is NO SUCH THING as TOO MUCH preparedness.

I think Santorum gets that. Especially considering what Obama's been 'treating' us to ...

Kathianne
08-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Some of those 'tools' are useful, when one doesn't have time or interests to find out more.

I like the meter idea, though will have to see how they arrive at their ratings.

I wouldn't support anyone always at the right side-therein lies extremism. Bernie has to get the left off the dial though. ;)

Drummond
08-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Some of those 'tools' are useful, when one doesn't have time or interests to find out more.

I like the meter idea, though will have to see how they arrive at their ratings.

I wouldn't support anyone always at the right side-therein lies extremism. Bernie has to get the left off the dial though. ;)

Well, when it comes to defence and international issues (which after all, would be my chief concern) .. I must disagree. On 10th September 2001, complacently ruled. The very next day came a lesson in just how very wrong that was.

GW Bush actually intended an 'introverted' Presidency, one looking inwards towards domestic matters. 9/11 totally changed his perspective .. and he rose to his new challenge, frankly, MAGNIFICENTLY, with an approach I deeply respect.

Imagine a President starting OUT with that mindset, such as, for example, Santorum, someone who scored maximum '10's' across the board (Fiorina only managed a weak '2'). Can you honestly tell me that we wouldn't all be much better off ??

fj1200
08-13-2015, 11:34 AM
I'll be honest. I'm just a little disappointed that Trump isn't more convincingly Conservative than Fiorina (though, overall, he IS).

So even your own source is suspect. Their metrics are a little questionable IMO.

gabosaurus
08-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Does one's position in the polls really matter this early in the campaign?
From what I read, Fiorina's performance in the first debate comes primarily from the lack of substance from the other participants. Not that anyone from the "children's table" (other than Carly) has a snowball's chance in hell of mounting a challenge for the nomination.

Drummond
08-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Does one's position in the polls really matter this early in the campaign?
From what I read, Fiorina's performance in the first debate comes primarily from the lack of substance from the other participants. Not that anyone from the "children's table" (other than Carly) has a snowball's chance in hell of mounting a challenge for the nomination.

Do I understand from this that, on balance, you favour Fiorina to win ?

Now, why would you, Gabby, be motivated to push this message ?

Drummond
08-13-2015, 04:54 PM
So even your own source is suspect. Their metrics are a little questionable IMO.

My 'own source is suspect' ? How do you deduce that ?

I see no reason to doubt the accuracy of my source material. If you've evidence to the contrary, I challenge you to provide it.

fj1200
08-14-2015, 08:04 AM
My 'own source is suspect' ? How do you deduce that ?

I see no reason to doubt the accuracy of my source material. If you've evidence to the contrary, I challenge you to provide it.

You praise the source when it agrees with you (Santorum) and dispute it's veracity when it doesn't (Trump).

Here is but one example on Trump:

<tbody style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
Fired Miss USA crown winner due to drug over-indulgence
Favors stricter drug laws

Legalize drugs and use tax revenue to fund drug education
Strongly opposes stricter drug laws

Never drinks, smokes, nor does drugs
Favors stricter drug laws

</tbody>

The calculation derived from this is almost completely unrelated to the topic of "marijuana as gateway drug." And that doesn't even get in to any inherent bias that might be in the underlying calculation.

Kathianne
08-14-2015, 08:48 AM
Can she 'seize the moment?' Pretty good analysis by The Atlantic. Puts out the negatives and how she's already addressed them. She does a good job of drawing unnamed comparisons with Trump:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/08/can-carly-fiorina-seize-her-moment/401153/

Can Carly Fiorina Seize Her Moment? RUSSELL BERMAN (http://www.theatlantic.com/author/russell-berman/)
<time itemprop="datePublished" datetime="2015-08-13T06:27:00">AUG 13, 2015</time>

A solid performance in the opening-round debate has given the former HP executive a boost in the polls.

...Relegated to the “Happy Hour” debate last Thursday, the former HP executive may not have been facing off against the cream of the GOP crop, but she came off as poised and self-assured, speaking cogently on policy and landing a few well-timed zingers that would have hit even harder had she not been speaking to an empty theater. Fiorina followed up her debate performance with a solid showing at Erick Erickson’s RedState Gathering, and she’s been a fixture on the Sunday and morning news shows in the days since.

Fiorina stands out as the sole woman in the GOP field, and the early months of her candidacy seemed predicated less on any innovative policy proposals than on her insistence that the party needed someone who could “throw every punch” at Hillary Clinton—a none-too-subtle reference to the fear that attacks on the Democratic frontrunner by a male Republican nominee will inevitably be portrayed as sexist...

But Fiorina’s competition with Clinton to become the first woman president obscures another trait that could explain her appeal to Republican voters: Like Trump, she rose to prominence in the private sector and has never held elected office...

Fiorina is offering up herself as a calmer, steadier alternative. As if to prove her mettle, she made sure to tell viewers of “Face the Nation” (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/face-the-nation-transcripts-august-9-2015-trump-fiorina-carson-sanders/) that she was perfectly willing to say Clinton “lied” about Benghazi. But unlike Trump, she does have a filter:

I agree there's too much political correctness. I agree as well that people are tired of sanitized sound bites and bumper sticker rhetoric. That is different from hurling personal insults at all kinds of people.

On “Fox News Sunday,” (http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2015/08/09/how-carly-fiorina-plans-to-capitalize-on-presidential-debate-buzz-sen-rand-paul/) she made a similar point, telling Chris Wallace: “I don’t think you get things done by insulting everyone. I have a track record of getting things done, of challenging the status quo, of leading toward results.”

By now, Fiorina is well-accustomed to the criticism. Although acknowledging her ouster, she said the company’s revenue doubled during her tenure, the rate of new patents tripled, and the unpopular decisions she made as CEO proved correct over time. “Yes, I got fired in a boardroom brawl,” she said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” (http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2015/08/09/carly-fiorina-on-trumps-blood-comments-they-were-completely-inappropriate-and-offensive-comments-period/) “And you know why? It’s because I challenged the status quo. It is what leaders must do...

Drummond
08-14-2015, 08:52 AM
You praise the source when it agrees with you (Santorum) and dispute it's veracity when it doesn't (Trump).

Here is but one example on Trump:

The calculation derived from this is almost completely unrelated to the topic of "marijuana as gateway drug." And that doesn't even get in to any inherent bias that might be in the underlying calculation.

Are you inventing more of those edits of yours (.. of which you've had much practice in doing !) ? I've not found your apparently varying positions from Trump on drugs. I'd like you to provide link(s) which reproduce what you're claiming. Can you do that ?

I'll acknowledge I'm wrong, if in fact you can prove it.

On Santorum, of course I stand by what I've concluded about him. People such as myself, who want to see world security enhanced to the maximum possible extent, who want terrorism crushed BEFORE it can launch future 9/11's (yes, your man effectively dispensed with the War on Terror, FJ ... nice, eh ??) .. we can't help but see Santorum's focus on these matters as thoroughly meritorious.

And, I won't mince words. After 9/11, for any Republican to only score a '2' in that area, as Fiorina did, is no less than alarming, possibly outright dangerous. If I were an American Republican and had my vote, on those grounds alone I'd want to avoid Fiorina like the plague.

fj1200
08-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Are you inventing more of those edits of yours...

For Pete's freaking sake keep it on topic. Your site is not gospel and is only as good as the inputs and I've shown that they're suspect.

EDIT: Try posting what she actually says and not something that somebody else tried to interpret what she did say.

Kathianne
08-14-2015, 11:09 AM
On immunizations. Summary: Parents should decide; Schools should be able to refuse the child that is not immunized. Caveat is the more esoteric ones.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/13/carly-fiorina-parents-should-not-be-forced-to-vaccinate-their-children/