PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Carter has cancer

NightTrain
08-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Apparently he has liver cancer and it's widely spread.

While I think he was remarkably inept both during his Presidency and post-Presidency, I think he is basically a good person and genuinely cared, even if misguided.

That's a hell of a way to go out.

ATLANTA – Former President Jimmy Carter announced he has been diagnosed with cancer in a brief statement issued Wednesday.
"Recent liver surgery revealed that I have cancer that now is in other parts of my body," Carter said in the statement released by the Carter Center. "I will be rearranging my schedule as necessary so I can undergo treatment by physicians at Emory Healthcare."
The statement makes clear that Carter's cancer is widely spread, but not where it originated, or even if that is known at this point. The liver is often a place where cancer spreads and less commonly is the primary source of it. It said further information will be provided when more facts are known, "possibly next week."
Carter announced on Aug. 3 that he had surgery to remove a small mass from his liver.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/12/jimmy-carter-says-has-cancer-revealed-by-recent-surgery/?intcmp=hpbt3

jimnyc
08-12-2015, 04:25 PM
That sucks. I wonder just how much it's spread? Hopefully he won't suffer much through treatment, or if this takes his life. Sucks to see anyone get cancer, especially at his age. :(

Gunny
08-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Apparently he has liver cancer and it's widely spread.

While I think he was remarkably inept both during his Presidency and post-Presidency, I think he is basically a good person and genuinely cared, even if misguided.

That's a hell of a way to go out.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/12/jimmy-carter-says-has-cancer-revealed-by-recent-surgery/?intcmp=hpbt3

Completely agree. He is a good man. Lousy President. His utopian idealism trumped common sense.

He doesn't deserve to go out like that. All he ever tried to do was good.

namvet
08-12-2015, 04:42 PM
just now breaking

ATLANTA – Former President Jimmy Carter announced he has been diagnosed with cancer in a brief statement issued Wednesday.
"Recent liver surgery revealed that I have cancer that now is in other parts of my body," Carter said in the statement released by the Carter Center. "I will be rearranging my schedule as necessary so I can undergo treatment by physicians at Emory Healthcare."
The statement makes clear that Carter's cancer is widely spread, but not where it originated, or even if that is known at this point. The liver is often a place where cancer spreads and less commonly is the primary source of it. It said further information will be provided when more facts are known, "possibly next week."
Carter announced on Aug. 3 that he had surgery to remove a small mass from his liver.
Carter, 90, was the nation's 39th president. After leaving the White House, he founded the center in Atlanta in 1982 to promote health care, democracy and other issues globally.
He has remained active for the center in recent years, making public appearances at its headquarters in Atlanta and traveling overseas including a May election observation visit to Guyana cut short when Carter developed a bad cold.

Carter Center spokeswoman Deanna Congileo called the surgery earlier this month "elective" and said Carter's "prognosis is excellent for a full recovery." She declined to answer further questions at the time.

source Fox (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/08/12/jimmy-carter-says-has-cancer-revealed-by-recent-surgery/?intcmp=hpbt3)

runs in the family

Kathianne
08-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Agree with all of you. He meant well, he was wrong man for President. He set the example though of how not to act as an ex-President.

He's in my prayers.

NightTrain
08-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Threads merged.

Voted4Reagan
08-12-2015, 05:54 PM
President Carter is a good man...

I wish him only the best in this fight..

revelarts
08-12-2015, 06:06 PM
My 1st vote for president was for Carter against Reagan as new voter.
4 years later i voted for Reagan.
But i still like Carter and think he gets blamed for more than he was ever responsible for.

Seems a very good soul.
Frankly one of the only presidents during my lifetime i don't think is/was a crook.

I pray all the best for him.

Kathianne
08-12-2015, 06:13 PM
My 1st vote for president was for Carter against Reagan as new voter.
4 years later i voted for Reagan.
But i still like Carter and think he gets blamed for more than he was ever responsible for.

Seems a very good soul.
Frankly one of the only presidents during my lifetime i don't think is/was a crook.

I pray all the best for him.

I agree, a godly man. A lousy president.

Perianne
08-12-2015, 06:21 PM
All this praise for Carter. Are we talking about the same James Earl Carter, Jr. that

...spent the last 33 years denouncing Israel, praising nations that supported Muslim terrorists, defying the U.S. travel ban to Cuba, praising tyrants like Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Yugoslav dictator Tito, and North Korean despot Kim Il-Sung. He oversaw election fraud and corruption in Venezuela and Haiti and declared everything fair and square. The man has spent 33 bitter, disgraceful years venting his hatred for America.

http://www.rootforamerica.com/webroot/blog/2013/02/28/how-jimmy-carter-ruined-americatwice/

WiccanLiberal
08-12-2015, 06:26 PM
The first year I was eligible to vote was a presidential election year and I voted for him. I think perhaps he is one of the most honest men who was ever involved in politics and I believe he has always tried to do the best he could. I know the course of the disease he has. My Dad and his brother both died of liver cancer. Uncle Tommy's was a primary site and my Dad's a secondary one. Metastases are rapid and multiple and the process can be both painful and humiliating in the way it strips a person of their ability to even think clearly as toxins build up. The only saving grace, if there is one, is that it is usually a relatively fast killer. I wish him and his family everything good and peace in whatever happens.

Kathianne
08-12-2015, 06:30 PM
All this praise for Carter. Are we talking about the same James Earl Carter, Jr. that

...spent the last 33 years denouncing Israel, praising nations that supported Muslim terrorists, defying the U.S. travel ban to Cuba, praising tyrants like Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, Yugoslav dictator Tito, and North Korean despot Kim Il-Sung. He oversaw election fraud and corruption in Venezuela and Haiti and declared everything fair and square. The man has spent 33 bitter, disgraceful years venting his hatred for America.

http://www.rootforamerica.com/webroot/blog/2013/02/28/how-jimmy-carter-ruined-americatwice/

All true, parts of which are my comment on how 'not to be an ex-president.'

However, he thought he was acting as God would want. I disagree with nearly all he did, but his motivations I think he meant well.

Another one of those brilliant people without a lick of commonsense.

namvet
08-12-2015, 07:13 PM

throw in the 21% prime, the hostages and scared shitless by a killer rabbit

NightTrain
08-12-2015, 07:23 PM

No praise from me. But I don't think his blundering around consistently being on the wrong side of every issue I can think of was malicious. He always demonstrated a lack of depth in his thinking, and he was taken advantage of by shysters like Arafat.

I guess I'll remember him as a good-hearted fool. I've met a few of those. He should never have been elected, but he isn't an evil man IMO.

red state
08-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Respectfully as possible: NO COMMENT.

Russ
08-12-2015, 08:56 PM
throw in the 21% prime, the hostages and scared shitless by a killer rabbit

Ha! I love the reminder of the killer rabbit. I seem to recall some big hemorrhoid episode as well.
I think Jimmy Carter is the total exemplification (that's a word, isn't it?) of the difference between good intentions and good leadership. He really couldn't "lead" his way out of the Men's Room, but I think his intentions were good. We should have gotten the idea when he told the nation he wanted to be called "Jimmy", not "James".

Was it Jimmy Carter that invented the obsession with legacy during his last 1-2 years in office? I think he dropped everything to prod Begin and Sadat into signing an agreement, no matter what it said. Obama can thank Jimmy Carter for the legacy obsession and Middle-East-agreement ideas. And Clinton can thank Carter for the idea of having a wacky and embarrassing younger brother.

Perianne is correct about Jimmy Carter making a lot of nutty proposals to the press in the time since his Presidency. Maybe I'm being too lenient, but still think it is good intentions paired with being quite the fool. And don't forget that it is one of his grandsons that recorded Mitt Romney's "47%" comment, which may have been a factor with us being stuck with Obama for 4 more years. That by itself kind of vaporizes any good feelings I have about him.

BoogyMan
08-12-2015, 09:05 PM
Carter is a kind-hearted man who was a lousy president. I hope he is in better shape than this announcement sounds and if not that he is able to be comfortable.

Voted4Reagan
08-12-2015, 09:30 PM
at this point I hope he surrounds himself with his Family and spends his days with those that he loves.

as a President.... weak, inept, lacking.

but as a God fearing, humanitarian, family man.... he is among the best.

I hope his time left is without pain.

I will not stoop to the partisan nit picking.... he was always a good man.

Lets remember the good things he embodied... Not his failures.

gabosaurus
08-12-2015, 10:31 PM
"How sad. Carter has gone from being a cancer to having it."

--My father-in-law, who feels the same way about Carter as most of you do about Obama

Gunny
08-12-2015, 10:42 PM
at this point I hope he surrounds himself with his Family and spends his days with those that he loves.

as a President.... weak, inept, lacking.

but as a God fearing, humanitarian, family man.... he is among the best.

I hope his time left is without pain.

I will not stoop to the partisan nit picking.... he was always a good man.

Lets remember the good things he embodied... Not his failures.

I like Jimmy Carter. His ideals were out of place and time. My grandma, who died of cancer, had an autographed pic of him.

After watching both my grandmothers and several great aunts die from cancer, I'd rather be shot in the head.

I hope the best for Carter. And like you, I hope his family surrounds him.

Just don't go getting a warm n fuzzy feeling because we agree on something.

Jeff
08-13-2015, 04:59 AM
Heck good man bad man it's makes no difference, I hate to see anyone suffer from this terrible disease, if it is going to take him I pray it does so quickly.

Jeff
08-13-2015, 05:03 AM

--My father-in-law, who feels the same way about Carter as most of you do about Obama

You are really a disgusting person, I may not like a persons politics or how he/she lives his/her life, but to make a joke about a terrible disease such as cancer, well yea again you are showing us all those degree's you have. NO person Obama or anyone else would I wish Cancer on or make fun if they are diagnosed with it, maybe you and your daughter ought to go have lunch with someone that could teach you a little bit about being a human being.

Gunny
08-13-2015, 05:12 AM
President Carter is a good man...

I wish him only the best in this fight..

I used to spend my dime working on his Habitats for Humanity stuff. It was the right thing to do. He's a good man and doesn't deserve this. Anyone that's ever watched someone die of cancer knows that.

Jeff
08-13-2015, 05:27 AM
I used to spend my dime working on his Habitats for Humanity stuff. It was the right thing to do. He's a good man and doesn't deserve this. Anyone that's ever watched someone die of cancer knows that.

And certainly someone with 15 different degree's that travels the four corners of the earth to have lunch with folks to solve the worlds problems must know what a terrible horrible fucking way to die it is, but you know, I am getting older and have learned, what goes around usually comes around, I truly pray it doesn't and would give everything I own to see a cure for cancer ( well maybe not the Wide Glide :laugh:) But my God what a terrible disease, man I hate to hear of anyone getting it.

Voted4Reagan
08-13-2015, 06:38 AM
And what a family.... Ms. Lillian, Brother Billy

how can you not like them all on a personal level??

Come on... who remembers THIS???

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/01/08-Billy-Carters-Redneck-Power-Pickup-Truck-Model-Picture-Courtesy-of-Revell-550x415.jpg

Gunny
08-13-2015, 11:43 AM
And what a family.... Ms. Lillian, Brother Billy

how can you not like them all on a personal level??

Come on... who remembers THIS???

http://images.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/01/08-Billy-Carters-Redneck-Power-Pickup-Truck-Model-Picture-Courtesy-of-Revell-550x415.jpg

Billy beer. You can get better beer in the Philippines. :laugh:

NightTrain
08-13-2015, 12:14 PM
He's a good man and doesn't deserve this. Anyone that's ever watched someone die of cancer knows that.

It's horrible. I've seen what the battle with cancer entails with my Dad, both of his parents and then a co-worker last year who actually beat it.

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

And I agree completely that a bullet to the head is a whole hell of a lot better than losing the battle after a year or two in agony. It's no way to live.

The Chemo, Radiation and the side effects to the mass quantities of drugs involved are worse than the cancer itself from what I've been told and observed - but what are you going to do? You have to fight, even when the docs tell you there's a 1% chance you'll beat it, like they did to my Dad. He ended up beating it, but then it turned out that it had spread to his brain because he'd waited so long before getting diagnosed... and there's not much they can do about that. They zapped his head with radiation, but it was ineffective as they said it would be.

Gunny
08-13-2015, 12:25 PM
And certainly someone with 15 different degree's that travels the four corners of the earth to have lunch with folks to solve the worlds problems must know what a terrible horrible fucking way to die it is, but you know, I am getting older and have learned, what goes around usually comes around, I truly pray it doesn't and would give everything I own to see a cure for cancer ( well maybe not the Wide Glide :laugh:) But my God what a terrible disease, man I hate to hear of anyone getting it.

I look at it like this: In MY family you die of heart disease or cancer. So far, I'm the only male that doesn't have heart disease. Kind of narrows my options, dontcha think?

There's no "thinking it's terrible" to it. I watched my grandmother who raised me half my life die from that crap. She was nothing more than an animal laying in a bed at the end. ANyone wanted to argue assisted suicide with me THEN would have had a damned good case. Watching her suffer was worse to me than when she finally died. At least it was over.

Voted4Reagan
08-13-2015, 03:15 PM
Billy beer. You can get better beer in the Philippines. :laugh:

Ahhh... good old Subic Swill Beer....

:beer:

gabosaurus
08-13-2015, 03:39 PM
You are really a disgusting person, I may not like a persons politics or how he/she lives his/her life, but to make a joke about a terrible disease such as cancer, well yea again you are showing us all those degree's you have. NO person Obama or anyone else would I wish Cancer on or make fun if they are diagnosed with it, maybe you and your daughter ought to go have lunch with someone that could teach you a little bit about being a human being.

Seriously? Where does it say that I agreed with this statement?
Obviously your reading comprehension skills are not what they used to be if you think that I bear any malice or ill will toward Pres. Carter.
I was merely voicing the stated opinion of my father-in-law, a lifelong Republican, toward someone he has immense dislike for. Sort of like most of you have stated about Obama.
Jeff, I like you quite a bit, but perhaps you need to read things over a second time before you stick your foot in your mouth.

Russ
08-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Obviously your reading comprehension skills are not what they used to be if you think that I bear any malice or ill will toward Pres. Carter.
I was merely voicing the stated opinion of my father-in-law, a lifelong Republican, toward someone he has immense dislike for. Sort of like most of you have stated about Obama.
Jeff, I like you quite a bit, but perhaps you need to read things over a second time before you stick your foot in your mouth.

I have to agree with Gabby. She was quoting someone, not making her own statement. Not justified calling her names.

Elessar
08-13-2015, 10:14 PM
I agree, a godly man. A lousy president.

A good and caring man; terrible President,
but had to admire his character.

Elessar
08-13-2015, 10:18 PM

You need to write better and more directly.

It was not hard to take offense at your first reply.

Jeff
08-14-2015, 07:17 AM

I have to agree with Gabby. She was quoting someone, not making her own statement. Not justified calling her names.

What I see you wrote was your father in law who feels the same way about Carter as most of you do about Obama, so you assumed people here would wish cancer on Obama, no where does it say that it is your father in law that made that ridicules statement. And let's just say for shits and giggles this is the first time you actually told the truth, maybe a y'all want to know how sick my father in law is would of went with the statement, so quit your BSing, you thought you where being clever and where called on it, and folks that you feel are on your level seen right threw it as well so attack me, that's fine Gabby, we all know how full of shit you are.

As for you Russ, stick around you will see plenty more of gabbies great one liners, and then when called on them she will go to back peddling, And a Russ, Look people that have know Gabby for years liked my post, um that might tell you something.

But Gabby maybe you ought to go and at least have lunch with the doctors, this way you can let them know if you concur with their diagnosis, I am sure you can tell them a much better way to treat this horrible disease.

You know Gabby you think you are being cute ( slick ) whatever, but that is what makes you such a disgusting person, at least own up to your failed jokes, and lets just say for one minute you where actually telling the truth ( which we both know you have never done ) how about something as stupid and UN classy as a statement like that just don't bother even repeating, you said it because you thought it would be funny, just as the list NT has of all the ugly nasty shit you have said over the years, yea Russ you want to see the real Gabby ask Night Train to direct you to her best phrases, after reading them you will realize this one was actually very tame.

Jeff
08-14-2015, 07:25 AM
I look at it like this: In MY family you die of heart disease or cancer. So far, I'm the only male that doesn't have heart disease. Kind of narrows my options, dontcha think?

There's no "thinking it's terrible" to it. I watched my grandmother who raised me half my life die from that crap. She was nothing more than an animal laying in a bed at the end. ANyone wanted to argue assisted suicide with me THEN would have had a damned good case. Watching her suffer was worse to me than when she finally died. At least it was over.

Gunny I have a friend of mine that was diagnosed with Lung caner, it was in like stage 2 ( thank God it was caught early ) they did the surgery and took the top part of one of her lungs out and then the Doc explained he was going to do 4 chemo treatments just to make sure, he explained it like stepping on a bug ( the surgery ) and the grinding it into the ground to make sure it was dead ( the chemo ) Bro I am here to tell you this young lady had 4 treatments, most cancer patients would be thrilled to have just that, but I am watching her waste away to nothing right in front of me, she is down to like 102lbs, lost all her hair ( after the first treatment) and is sick as a dog, Thank God she took her last treatment Tuesday, but unfortunately each treatment seemed to make her sicker, my Brother called me yesterday all upset telling me how sick she is, My God some folks take a couple of treatments a week, my heart and prayers go out to anyone who has this horrible disease.

Jeff
08-14-2015, 07:57 AM
You need to write better and more directly.

It was not hard to take offense at your first reply.

Let's not forget Gabby has 2 or 3 degree's from the most prestigious schools in the country, lets call a spade a spade, anyone that knows Gabby for any length of time knows dam well she was trying to be cute with her little a cancer gets cancer thing, NT had a 4 page list of comments that are as bad or worst than this, but anytime Gabby is called on it ( well usually she just bails for a day or two and never replies ) or she will attack with someone's reading comprehension or some other nasty thing, it would be nice for once to see her stand up as a adult and say you know what, I made a bad joke and I apologize, I would think a lot more of her, but until that time happens ( which we know it never will) I just put Gabby in the same category as " read my lips, I never has sex with that woman" or " I smoked pot but never inhaled " yup, birds of a feather....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2015, 08:21 AM
I hate that he suffers from that terrible disease. My father died from cancer when I was 15 years old.
I sent at least 4 days a week with him in the hospital . Its a terrible way to have to go out.
As president obama and Carter are both in the worst category and obama wins top spot in that category.
I dislike Carter for his ineptness but I truly hate obama for his treason. --Tyr

Gunny
08-14-2015, 09:57 AM
Let's not forget Gabby has 2 or 3 degree's from the most prestigious schools in the country, lets call a spade a spade, anyone that knows Gabby for any length of time knows dam well she was trying to be cute with her little a cancer gets cancer thing, NT had a 4 page list of comments that are as bad or worst than this, but anytime Gabby is called on it ( well usually she just bails for a day or two and never replies ) or she will attack with someone's reading comprehension or some other nasty thing, it would be nice for once to see her stand up as a adult and say you know what, I made a bad joke and I apologize, I would think a lot more of her, but until that time happens ( which we know it never will) I just put Gabby in the same category as " read my lips, I never has sex with that woman" or " I smoked pot but never inhaled " yup, birds of a feather....

You just trying to make everyone hate you? Two or three degrees makes you an educated idiot. And NOBODY gets to pick on Gabs but ME. And yeah it'd be nice to see her stand up, but look how she's been treated. Why the hell should she even bother?

Rat
08-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Sad news. Hope he overcomes this. Good man.

Elessar
08-14-2015, 06:54 PM
What I see you wrote was your father in law who feels the same way about Carter as most of you do about Obama, so you assumed people here would wish cancer on Obama, no where does it say that it is your father in law that made that ridicules statement. And let's just say for shits and giggles this is the first time you actually told the truth, maybe a y'all want to know how sick my father in law is would of went with the statement, so quit your BSing, you thought you where being clever and where called on it, and folks that you feel are on your level seen right threw it as well so attack me, that's fine Gabby, we all know how full of shit you are.

Damn...are you ever Spot On!

Elessar
08-14-2015, 06:59 PM
You just trying to make everyone hate you? Two or three degrees makes you an educated idiot. And NOBODY gets to pick on Gabs but ME. And yeah it'd be nice to see her stand up, but look how she's been treated. Why the hell should she even bother?

Bullshit!

My Dad died because of cancer. He got filled with flaming phosphorus trying to put out an
Ammo Dump Fire in Nam....Soc Trang. The melanoma consumed his entire body.

Gabby runs her suck but has no real life experiences.

Let her simmer in her own oils.

Gunny
08-14-2015, 07:01 PM

As for you Russ, stick around you will see plenty more of gabbies great one liners, and then when called on them she will go to back peddling, And a Russ, Look people that have know Gabby for years liked my post, um that might tell you something.

But Gabby maybe you ought to go and at least have lunch with the doctors, this way you can let them know if you concur with their diagnosis, I am sure you can tell them a much better way to treat this horrible disease.

You know Gabby you think you are being cute ( slick ) whatever, but that is what makes you such a disgusting person, at least own up to your failed jokes, and lets just say for one minute you where actually telling the truth ( which we both know you have never done ) how about something as stupid and UN classy as a statement like that just don't bother even repeating, you said it because you thought it would be funny, just as the list NT has of all the ugly nasty shit you have said over the years, yea Russ you want to see the real Gabby ask Night Train to direct you to her best phrases, after reading them you will realize this one was actually very tame.

I think it's more she thinks she's being funny. There's nothing funny about cancer. Not even close. Only people that will make fun of it either haven't been around it, or bely their so-called "liberalism". It is a cruel, horrible way to die.

Jeff
08-15-2015, 05:38 AM

I don't give a dam how she has been treated, if you look back I have reached out numerous times only for her to act better than though, I have went to bat for her with other members numerous times, and never even got a thank you, normal what I get is a lunch room attendant telling people she has two or three degree's and is better than everyone from the south, where as we are all redneck scum, so you cozy on up the venomous snake if you want, as far as only you get to fuck with her, remember bro I don't take orders, and if you feel it's OK to fuck with people with cancer than you and Gabby ride off into the sunset together.

OOO and if you or anyone else hates me for taking up for myself from some liberal POS from the land of fruits and nuts, that is fucking fine, wasn't much there in the first place if that is the case.

Jeff
08-15-2015, 05:44 AM
Bullshit!

My Dad died because of cancer. He got filled with flaming phosphorus trying to put out an
Ammo Dump Fire in Nam....Soc Trang. The melanoma consumed his entire body.

Gabby runs her suck but has no real life experiences.

Let her simmer in her own oils.

Elessar Gunny knows better, yes Gabby thought she was being clever with her the cancer got cancer BS and then tried to turn it around on me, not real sure why Gunny is heading this route but I do know he knows exactly what Gabby does, and also how terrible Cancer is.

You know it is clear as the nose on your face, Gabby thought she was being cute only to have it blow up on her ( again ) how many times do we make excuses for her, check out NightTrains list of shit she has said, I will bet this isn't the first time cancer has been a joke for her.

And I lost my Mom to cancer, I am very sorry for your loss, it's a terrible disease.

Jeff
08-15-2015, 06:00 AM

You just trying to make everyone hate you?

I really don't give a dam.

And yeah it'd be nice to see her stand up

Nice to see her make fun of cancer, I got it

Two or three degrees makes you an educated idiot

You haven't heard of the numerous degree's she has huh, where you been ?

And NOBODY gets to pick on Gabs but ME

AS for only you can pick on her, yea the day I take orders from anyone will be the day pigs fly.

Why the hell should she even bother

I don't think she should try, I think she should quit being a fucking liberal troll, if you think for one minute I actually read that wrong and she was just telling us what her father in law says, than you aren't half as smart as I believed.

As I have stated I have went to bat many times for Gabby, and never even got a thank you, hell I had one poster that was going to burn my balls in oil for standing up to her. :laugh::laugh: Yea I worried about that as mush as you telling me only you can pick on her, as I said hate me if you want, I wont loose no sleep, but I also aint going to let no idiot make a joke out of cancer, now I don't think I am bad enough to tell all the internet tough guys :rolleyes: what they can and can't do, but I will tell you, you aren't going to tell me what I can do.

Gunny
08-15-2015, 06:21 AM
You just trying to make everyone hate you?

I really don't give a dam.

And yeah it'd be nice to see her stand up

Nice to see her make fun of cancer, I got it

Two or three degrees makes you an educated idiot

You haven't heard of the numerous degree's she has huh, where you been ?

And NOBODY gets to pick on Gabs but ME

AS for only you can pick on her, yea the day I take orders from anyone will be the day pigs fly.

Why the hell should she even bother

I don't think she should try, I think she should quit being a fucking liberal troll, if you think for one minute I actually read that wrong and she was just telling us what her father in law says, than you aren't half as smart as I believed.

As I have stated I have went to bat many times for Gabby, and never even got a thank you, hell I had one poster that was going to burn my balls in oil for standing up to her. :laugh::laugh: Yea I worried about that as mush as you telling me only you can pick on her, as I said hate me if you want, I wont loose no sleep, but I also aint going to let no idiot make a joke out of cancer, now I don't think I am bad enough to tell all the internet tough guys :rolleyes: what they can and can't do, but I will tell you, you aren't going to tell me what I can do.

live in my own little cave?

I think the burning your balls in oil thing might be a tad much.

And I would never presume to tell you what to do. You just need your ass kicked and I'd sell tickets to your brothers. :laugh: We can even sell one to my brother. He'd love nothing better than to watch me actually almost lose.

Gabby spends an inordinate amount of time time trying to get under our skin. When I know your game plan, try again.

Jeff
08-15-2015, 08:33 PM
live in my own little cave?

I think the burning your balls in oil thing might be a tad much.

And I would never presume to tell you what to do. You just need your ass kicked and I'd sell tickets to your brothers. :laugh: We can even sell one to my brother. He'd love nothing better than to watch me actually almost lose.

Gabby spends an inordinate amount of time time trying to get under our skin. When I know your game plan, try again.

No plan at all Bro, other than I just get tired of seeing it, I ignore 99% of the BS and like you I refuse to put anyone on ignore, but if I was ever to do so, she would be s great candidate.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-15-2015, 10:10 PM
I was 15 years old, watch my father die from cancer. Before cancer he was as strong as Hercules-tough as nails , after a year with end stage cancer he was as weak as a baby.
I stayed at the hospital for 4 day stints caring for him along with my older brother. We slept in his hospital room, ate potato chips and drank cokes, had no money for meals. Mom and big sister would come stay friday Saturday and Sunday, then we came back to stay the next 4 days..
We did that for several months, then they sent him home to die..Told us he had about 4 or 5 weeks left.
He lasted almost 15 weeks more! Died on his birthday, early that morn 1969.
Totally destroyed me. I never regained who I once was... never...
Cancer to me should never be joked about by anybody...-Tyr

Jeff
08-16-2015, 12:22 AM
I was 15 years old, watch my father die from cancer. Before cancer he was as strong as Hercules-tough as nails , after a year with end stage cancer he was as weak as a baby.
I stayed at the hospital for 4 day stints caring for him along with my older brother. We slept in his hospital room, ate potato chips and drank cokes, had no money for meals. Mom and big sister would come stay friday Saturday and Sunday, then we came back to stay the next 4 days..
We did that for several months, then they sent him home to die..Told us he had about 4 or 5 weeks left.
He lasted almost 15 weeks more! Died on his birthday, early that morn 1969.
Totally destroyed me. I never regained who I once was... never...
Cancer to me should never be joked about by anybody...-Tyr

I am so sorry to hear this TYR, Cancer is a horrible thing.

Jeff
08-20-2015, 09:41 AM
This doesn't look good at all. They started treatment Friday afternoon for cancer on his brain but at 90 years old I have to wonder how much time he has.In the last paragraph he says "I just thought I had a few weeks left, but I was surprisingly at ease. I've had a wonderful life," Carter, 90, said.

ATLANTA (AP) — Former President Jimmy Carter announced Thursday that he will begin radiation treatment on cancer that is on multiple spots on his brain.

http://news.yahoo.com/jimmy-carter-discuss-cancer-diagnosis-publicly-084102065.html

NightTrain
08-20-2015, 09:59 AM
There's not much they can do with brain cancer... that's what got my Dad.

When that was diagnosed (and he only had it in one spot, not four like Carter), the Mayo Clinic told him the chances of beating it were zero but they would zap his head with radiation anyway. The brain cancer spread very fast, as well... if I recall right it was a matter of 6 months or a little less.

He's a goner.

Still, 90 years is a hell of a good run. I should be so lucky.

tailfins
08-20-2015, 10:07 AM
There's not much they can do with brain cancer... that's what got my Dad.

When that was diagnosed (and he only had it in one spot, not four like Carter), the Mayo Clinic told him the chances of beating it were zero but they would zap his head with radiation anyway. The brain cancer spread very fast, as well... if I recall right it was a matter of 6 months or a little less.

He's a goner.

Still, 90 years is a hell of a good run. I should be so lucky.

Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to someone with brain cancer? Why would someone bother with radiation therapy if they are going to die anyway?

Voted4Reagan
08-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give to someone with brain cancer? Why would someone bother with radiation therapy if they are going to die anyway?

To spend every possible minute with their Family and leave them with good memories of those last precious months? To see Grand Children and Children?... Finish his philanthropic works? To seek his solace in his faith?

You have no heart... You'll never live the complete life President Carter has lived.

You only care for yourself.... and not others.

Perianne
08-20-2015, 11:06 AM

It's called Palliative Care. It is different from Hospice Care.

Palliative Care is involved in making the best of the last few months a patient has. Often brain cancer is painful. If the tumor can be shrunken even a bit, it won't necessarily provide for a longer life, but it might provide for less pain.

Black Diamond
08-20-2015, 11:37 AM

I don't think the question of whether to do radiation/chemo or not to do radiation/chemo has a right or wrong answer.