PDA

View Full Version : Black Balls

Perianne
08-13-2015, 09:48 AM
As it says, the jokes just write themselves. :)

Is a bevy of black balls – 96 million to be exact – a crucial solution in helping California manage its calamitous drought?
On Monday, Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti deployed the final 20,000 of the 96 million “shade balls” onto the surface of the city’s 175-acre, Sylmar-based reservoir, completing the final stage of the $34.5 million Los Angeles Department of Water (LADWP) attempt to protect the region’s water quality.

“In the midst of California’s historic drought, it takes bold ingenuity to maximize my goals for water conservation,” Garcetti said, claiming that the initiative saves taxpayers millions. “This effort is emblematic of the kind of the creative thinking we need to meet those challenges.”

http://www.weaselzippers.us/231512-los-angeles-dem-mayor-eric-garcetti-deploys-final-20000-black-balls-to-stop-evaporation-of-water-from-la-reservoir/

jimnyc
08-13-2015, 09:50 AM
I saw/read this yesterday. I knew that's what your posting, but based on the title, I had to open this anyway, just to see how Perianne would make humor of it. :)

Black balls still better than blue balls!! :beer:

Perianne
08-13-2015, 09:51 AM
I saw/read this yesterday. I knew that's what your posting, but based on the title, I had to open this anyway, just to see how Perianne would make humor of it. :)

Black balls still better than blue balls!! :beer:

lol. Perianne chose to behave and let others have the fun.

indago
08-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Anybody who has "black balls" should certainly have them looked at...

Perianne
08-13-2015, 10:07 AM
Anybody who has "black balls" should certainly have them looked at...

Some people have them naturally and unfortunately there is nothing they can do about it.

tailfins
08-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Anybody who has "black balls" will create more welfare recipients...

Fixed that for ya'.