PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton Candidate

Kathianne
08-13-2015, 04:19 PM
How deep is the Democrat bench?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/al-gore-insiders-figuring-out-if-theres-a-path-for-him-to-ru#.erPjqdW2M0

Supporters of Al Gore have begun a round of conversations among themselves and with the former vice president about his running for president in 2016, the latest sign that top Democrats have serious doubts that Hillary Clinton is a sure thing.
Gore, 67, won the popular vote in the 2000 election, and has been mentioned as a possible candidate in every contested Democratic primary since then. He instead spent much of the 2000s focused on environmental campaigning and business ventures. He has largely slipped out of public view more recent years.

But in recent days, “they’re getting the old gang together,” a senior Democrat told BuzzFeed News.

“They’re figuring out if there’s a path financially and politically,” the Democrat said. “It feels more real than it has in the past months.”

The senior Democrat and other sources cautioned not to overstate Gore’s interest. He has not made any formal or informal moves toward running, or even met with his political advisers about a potential run.

A member of Gore’s inner circle asked to be quoted “pouring lukewarm water” — not, note, cold water — on the chatter.

Black Diamond
08-13-2015, 07:07 PM
If Joe Biden runs, he will beat her.

Elessar
08-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Gore is a disaster...

Hillary is a train wreck..

Biden is a catastrophe....

Only one Dem worth a look at...Joe Manchin from West Virginia.

gabosaurus
08-13-2015, 07:54 PM
I've been telling you all along that Clinton will not get the Dem nomination. There are too many skeletons in her closet and her credibility will not hold up under close scrutiny.
I remain hopeful that Elizabeth Warren will enter the Dem race.

Russ
08-13-2015, 08:45 PM
I've been telling you all along that Clinton will not get the Dem nomination. There are too many skeletons in her closet and her credibility will not hold up under close scrutiny.
I remain hopeful that Elizabeth Warren will enter the Dem race.

I hope that Shrillary doesn't get the Dem nomination. I think Bernie Sanders is another George McGovern - the far left loves him, but he would lose almost every state. Biden would do better, but I think Shrillary has already sucked up all the Dem PAC money, so it would be hard for him to enter the race now.
And Elizabeth Warren is not going to run. Btw, Gabby, what is it about her that you and other Dems like so much? I don't think there are any achievements on her resume to indicate leadership, or any kind of ability to work with anyone that doesn't think just like her. And of course there are the "errors" on her application to Harvard. I'm curious to hear why Warren always get 10% in the Dem polls.

gabosaurus
08-13-2015, 09:52 PM
Elizabeth Warren is popular among Democrats because she is the voice of the common person. She is the anti-Hillary. Warren doesn't have a $100 million personal fortune or a large campaign war chest.

Warren is a huge opponent of income inequality. She plays to the mainstream that is skeptical of Big Oil, huge mega-companies and Wall Street hegemony. She was increased transparency from big business and the banking industry.
Warren has had feuds with both Clinton and Obama. She is popular with members of the left who want the "change" that Obama promised and didn't deliver.

Warren is extremely pro-family. She is very tuned in to women's rights (reproductive and otherwise). She is popular among both Anglos and minorities. While Hillary strikes many as a blustery step-mother, Warren is more like a friendly aunt. Only one that is not afraid to call out everyone at the dinner table.

Hillary Clinton is not afraid of any GOP candidate. But she is deathly afraid of Elizabeth Warren.

tailfins
08-13-2015, 10:06 PM
Elizabeth Warren is popular among Democrats because she is the voice of the common person. She is the anti-Hillary. Warren doesn't have a $100 million personal fortune or a large campaign war chest.

Warren is a huge opponent of income inequality. She plays to the mainstream that is skeptical of Big Oil, huge mega-companies and Wall Street hegemony. She was increased transparency from big business and the banking industry.
Warren has had feuds with both Clinton and Obama. She is popular with members of the left who want the "change" that Obama promised and didn't deliver.

Warren is extremely pro-family. She is very tuned in to women's rights (reproductive and otherwise). She is popular among both Anglos and minorities. While Hillary strikes many as a blustery step-mother, Warren is more like a friendly aunt. Only one that is not afraid to call out everyone at the dinner table.

Hillary Clinton is not afraid of any GOP candidate. But she is deathly afraid of Elizabeth Warren.

A Democrat getting elected with 54% in Mass. is not exactly a skilled candidate.

Fauxcahontas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN2FGuYgtlY

Someone at the RNC should be making a job offer to Doug "VB" Goudie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz7ZNLs_FrI

gabosaurus
08-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Hmmmm... "Exploits Indigenous people for her own gain."

As opposed to, perhaps "exploits indigenous Brazilians for his own gain." :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
08-13-2015, 10:25 PM
I don't think Warren is running. She and Sanders would take votes away from one another.

tailfins
08-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Hmmmm... "Exploits Indigenous people for her own gain."

As opposed to, perhaps "exploits indigenous Brazilians for his own gain." :rolleyes:

But I didn't lie about and I'm not running for public office. I promise to never run for US President.

Black Diamond
08-13-2015, 10:30 PM
I still think people are seriously underestimating the vice President

Kathianne
08-14-2015, 08:25 AM
Early days. If both Gore and Biden get in, could get interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/us/politics/joe-biden-on-beach-vacation-wades-further-into-16-bid.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=1

Joe Biden Wades Further Into ’16 BidBy JONATHAN MARTIN (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/m/jonathan_martin/index.html) and AMY CHOZICK (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/c/amy_chozick/index.html)<time class="dateline" datetime="2015-08-13" style="font-size: 0.6875rem; line-height: 0.75rem; font-family: nyt-cheltenham-sh, georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); margin-left: 12px;">AUG. 13, 2015

</time>...

Kathianne
08-14-2015, 08:38 AM
She's doing quite badly:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-clinton-ship-takes-on-water-1439507369

The Clinton Ship Takes on Water By KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL
<time class="timestamp" style="margin: 0px 0px 4px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Whitney SSm', sans-serif; display: block; line-height: 2.2rem; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background: 0px 0px;">Aug. 13, 2015 7:09 p.m. ET</time>Hillary feels compelled to issue an everyone-remain-calm memo 15 months before the election.
The Titanic was a beautiful ship. It was a colossus—the culmination of decades of wisdom and design. It was financed and booked by the world’s rich and famous. It was unstoppable. And because it was, it steamed full ahead. Until it sank.

Democrats are this week beginning to freak out that Hillary Clinton (http://topics.wsj.com/person/C/Hillary-Clinton/6344) is their Titanic, and to debate whether they might be better off on this 2016 political crossing in a less awesome, but more prudent, boat. The debate is overdue. The Clintons are masters at projecting invincibility and lulling their passengers into blanking the danger signs. But holes in a hull have a way of focusing minds.

It’s never a good sign when your party’s putative nominee feels compelled to send out an everyone-remain-calm memo 15 full months before an election. Campaign spokeswomanJennifer Palmieri’s reassurance to supporters was classic Clinton—the perfect combo of airy dismissal (Server? FBI? It means nothing!), misdirection (this whole “classified” thing is really “complicated”), table-turning (Republicans hide things too, you know), and attack (this is just a “partisan witch-hunt”). Still, you don’t send out 700-word explanatories unless party leaders and donors are lighting you up with panic calls.