PDA

View Full Version : Where'd they go?

Abbey Marie
08-13-2015, 09:27 PM
The Tea Party, that is. Now that the Presidential election season is underway, I thought we'd hear from them. Anyone know?

gabosaurus
08-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Jeff reads teaparty.org each day. Perhaps he can tell us. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, that is an intriguing question. I do know the Tea Party has gone through a few ugly setbacks recently.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/06/mark-mayfield-tea-party-suicide.html

SassyLady
08-14-2015, 12:56 AM
Lois Lerner - IRS shut them down.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2015, 01:16 AM
Perhaps because of the huge number of good candidates we have now in the race they too are just too divided to launch a major push for any one candidate.
I came to that conclusion myself a few days ago-its just too far out to lock in on just one then blast for only that chosen one IMHO.
Currently I have the field down to my top 5 choices..
And at the risk of starting more controversy , I dare say Trump still leads that list of five. --Tyr

fj1200
08-14-2015, 10:33 AM
The Tea Party, that is. Now that the Presidential election season is underway, I thought we'd hear from them. Anyone know?

Possibly because amateur hour is over...

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/06/mark-mayfield-tea-party-suicide.html

To the GOP Establishment, McDaniel threatened to be a repeat of a dynamic that had played out over the past two election cycles, when upstart candidates, including Sharron Angle and Richard Mourdock, won Republican primaries and then self-immolated in the general election, giving away seats to their Democratic opponents. In 2012, one of the most endangered Democratic senators in the country, Claire McCaskill, was able to keep her seat in large part because her opponent, Todd Akin, told a radio host, “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.” “One of the lessons of the Todd Akin disaster is that Democrats will not hesitate to tie the statements, behavior, and controversies of one Republican candidate to all Republican candidates,” a spokesman for the National Republican Senatorial Committee told (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-mississippi-senate-hopeful-mcdaniel-embodies-what-gop-fears-about-tea-party/2014/06/09/548d22ba-efe4-11e3-914c-1fbd0614e2d4_story.html) the Washington Post. “This is the kind of stuff that the producers and hosts of MSNBC daytime programming salivate over.”

or most Republican Congress folk already fit the bill.

red state
08-14-2015, 11:50 AM
I agree with Tyr BUT the reality is that B.O. has shut them down and it is obvious on numerous accounts & levels that the "brownshirts" have been busy stiffling those who oppose 'THE ONE'. My friend's dad is a huge construction guy (employing the greatest number of folks in our county) until B.O. made it to where Republicans need not bid on major hwy projects or ANY gov. project.

Changing the subject (while enhancing what Tyr said about candidates). Trump is showing his TRUE colors and if anyone care to read between the lines when he speaks or listens.....it is obvious that he is a Warren Buffet, dim supporter on numerous issues. Not only this but he is also buying votes. Our military deserve a million bucks each (especially the ones permanently injured while the wealthy, young and able bodied Kuwaitees partied it up in discos while our BEST liberated THEM but Trump is promising or implying that he will or can GIVE them a million bucks by taking it from the Kuwaitees. There's more to read into what Trump says and, as Gunny has warned, he's full of $#!T (himself) and that is not the leader we need (especially now). Look at who you hang with or talk highly of and you'll see the REAL person. With Trump, Warren Buffet could very well be his VP (in his perfect lil' world of course). Politically, he'd not touch Buffet or the Clintons with a ten foot pole......even though he supports them and agrees with them on taxing the "RICH" more than the rest of America. Just look DEEP into what Trump believes and you'll see a liberal in many ways. If not liberal....at least a RHINO.