PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo '08, The President For A Secure America

Pale Rider
07-06-2007, 01:31 PM
... email I received today about Tom Tancredo's Presidential campaign progress...

Dear Tom,

I hope you all had a great Independence Day. I know it really helped focus me on what exactly is at stake in this campaign and why we are working so hard.

This past weekend, I joined Tom in Iowa at several town halls and at a presidential forum. It was amazing to see how great a candidate Tom is and to feel the energy building in this campaign. We have real momentum in Iowa thanks to a lot of hard work and thanks to Tom’s clear, uncompromising stand on illegal immigration which is a critical issue in Iowa.

Let me give you some specifics. The Iowa Christian Alliance and the Iowans for Tax Relief co-sponsored a presidential forum for six Republican presidential candidates in downtown Des Moines Saturday afternoon. First, Romney trots in with 40 supporters in tow. These guys are like his laugh track. He spoke -- they clapped. He left,-- they clear out right after him. The rest of the crowd was not impressed.

Then Tom gets up there, and just talks to them, without any ringers, and brings the house down. He got, not one, but two standing ovations! As the speech drew to a close, the crowd rose to its feet as Tom thundered “This is our flag, pick it up. This is your country, take it back!"

As always the highlights are available on our website (http://www.teamtancredo.com/).

The AP report said it all:

The loudest cheers went to conservative Representative Tom Tancredo, who spoke out against illegal immigration. "If you want to call me a single-issue candidate, that's fine as long as you know my issue is the survival of this country."

One of our guys in Iowa was manning the tables after the forum. He told us he was almost embarrassed because the other candidates’ tables had only a few people standing around, but Tom’s table was absolutely surrounded with people hungry for more information!

Then, the next day, we had an open house at the campaign headquarters. Now it is a big place, but we had such a large turnout, it was standing room only. Folks were spilling out onto the street waiting to get in and talk to Tom. They kept coming over to him saying I was thinking of voting for this other guy but after I heard you last night I am voting for you! I tried to make a phone call, but couldn’t hear a thing on account of the enormous crowd.

So we had a whale of weekend and we are very excited about our momentum going into the Straw Poll. This will be the first statewide vote in the 2008 Republican presidential contest, and the media will analyze its outcome closely and extensively. That is why your continued support in the next six weeks is so critical!

Thank you so much for all you do, and I can’t wait to give you an update next week!

Thank you again,
Bay Buchanan

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 02:12 PM
... email I received today about Tom Tancredo's Presidential campaign progress...

Dear Tom,

I hope you all had a great Independence Day. I know it really helped focus me on what exactly is at stake in this campaign and why we are working so hard.

This past weekend, I joined Tom in Iowa at several town halls and at a presidential forum. It was amazing to see how great a candidate Tom is and to feel the energy building in this campaign. We have real momentum in Iowa thanks to a lot of hard work and thanks to Tom’s clear, uncompromising stand on illegal immigration which is a critical issue in Iowa.

Let me give you some specifics. The Iowa Christian Alliance and the Iowans for Tax Relief co-sponsored a presidential forum for six Republican presidential candidates in downtown Des Moines Saturday afternoon. First, Romney trots in with 40 supporters in tow. These guys are like his laugh track. He spoke -- they clapped. He left,-- they clear out right after him. The rest of the crowd was not impressed.

Then Tom gets up there, and just talks to them, without any ringers, and brings the house down. He got, not one, but two standing ovations! As the speech drew to a close, the crowd rose to its feet as Tom thundered “This is our flag, pick it up. This is your country, take it back!"

As always the highlights are available on our website (http://www.teamtancredo.com/).

The loudest cheers went to conservative Representative Tom Tancredo, who spoke out against illegal immigration. "If you want to call me a single-issue candidate, that's fine as long as you know my issue is the survival of this country."

One of our guys in Iowa was manning the tables after the forum. He told us he was almost embarrassed because the other candidates’ tables had only a few people standing around, but Tom’s table was absolutely surrounded with people hungry for more information!

Then, the next day, we had an open house at the campaign headquarters. Now it is a big place, but we had such a large turnout, it was standing room only. Folks were spilling out onto the street waiting to get in and talk to Tom. They kept coming over to him saying I was thinking of voting for this other guy but after I heard you last night I am voting for you! I tried to make a phone call, but couldn’t hear a thing on account of the enormous crowd.

So we had a whale of weekend and we are very excited about our momentum going into the Straw Poll. This will be the first statewide vote in the 2008 Republican presidential contest, and the media will analyze its outcome closely and extensively. That is why your continued support in the next six weeks is so critical!

Thank you so much for all you do, and I can’t wait to give you an update next week!

Thank you again,
Bay Buchanan

I just got a ton of his handouts sent to me to distribute, they are pretty slick. You should get some to give to your friends Pale.

OCA
07-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Pale I can't follow who you support brother, one day its Tancredo, the next its Newt and the next its Huckabee. Now Newt could win but Tancredo and Huckabee won't make it past the early primaries i'm afraid.

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Tancredo could very well end up as Vice President.

OCA
07-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Tancredo could very well end up as Vice President.

Not from Colorado he won't. VP's are always one of two things 1. very name recognizeable and a national vote draw ala Dick Cheney or 2. they come from a key swing state ala Al Gore.

Tancredo won't even be considered.

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I can't speak for Pale, but I'd be happy with any of the three. Though I still favor Duncan Hunter, ever since that first debate.

OCA
07-06-2007, 04:28 PM
I can't speak for Pale, but I'd be happy with any of the three. Though I still favor Duncan Hunter, ever since that first debate.

Well Tancredo is a 1 issue guy, don't know much about Huckabee and i've always had a fondness for Newt but *sigh* I fear we are going to nominate Giuliani and get our asses handed to us in '08. Well really the realist in me tells me that it don't matter who runs, Reagan could rise from the dead and get smoked in '08.

My pocketbook fears a Democrat administration as well as my morals.

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Well Tancredo is a 1 issue guy, don't know much about Huckabee and i've always had a fondness for Newt but *sigh* I fear we are going to nominate Giuliani and get our asses handed to us in '08. Well really the realist in me tells me that it don't matter who runs, Reagan could rise from the dead and get smoked in '08.

Well said. National healthcare, minimum wage increases every year, more social programs, affirmative action, weakened defense, whoring in the Oval office, twenty million illegals. And probably worst of all, we finally got away from a lib SC and lib Federal court nominees, and we could go right back to those.

Ok, now I'm depressed. :( :alcoholic:

07-06-2007, 04:53 PM

I dont think Guiliani would lose in the General. In fact, Im pretty confident almost any of the top 8 Republican candidates will thrash in the general election. I dont think Hillary has a chance. I mean she alraedy has 53% of people who wont consider her. As for Obama, i just dont think he will hold up under scrutiny. And since there is no other serious challenger i am just not that worried about them.

OCA
07-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I dont think Guiliani would lose in the General. In fact, Im pretty confident almost any of the top 8 Republican candidates will thrash in the general election. I dont think Hillary has a chance. I mean she alraedy has 53% of people who wont consider her. As for Obama, i just dont think he will hold up under scrutiny. And since there is no other serious challenger i am just not that worried about them.

Avatar don't take this the wrong way but you aren't paying attention, any Repub is going to get schooled unless something miraculous happens.

The people will vote Iraq, thats it.

Hugh Lincoln
07-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Not from Colorado he won't. VP's are always one of two things 1. very name recognizeable and a national vote draw ala Dick Cheney or 2. they come from a key swing state ala Al Gore.

Tancredo won't even be considered.

Probably true, but the value of supporting Tancredo now is that it forces the front runner to take a stronger stance against the immigration invasion. By now we're in a place where the DEMOCRAT is going to have to oppose amnesty. Because if he/she doesn't, that will jack up voter turnout like you wouldn't believe. Aside from Iraq, that issue WILL get people to the polls.

Pale Rider
07-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Probably true, but the value of supporting Tancredo now is that it forces the front runner to take a stronger stance against the immigration invasion. By now we're in a place where the DEMOCRAT is going to have to oppose amnesty. Because if he/she doesn't, that will jack up voter turnout like you wouldn't believe. Aside from Iraq, that issue WILL get people to the polls.

True. And I'm also with avatar. I'm not real worried about a liberal in the White House. I don't think hitlery can win, America isn't ready for a woman in the White House, let alone parking the stinking clintons back in there for a THIRD term. Won't happen. And obama, not a chance in hell. I'll bet anybody here. Number one, (just pointing this out...), he's black, and no old time dem will vote for him, so he can't win right there. Number two, his name... "obama." There's a real dislike for muslims and anything that resembles them in America. His name sounds like a muslim. Nope, the man will NEVER see the White House.

As for who I support, sure, Newt, Huckabee, Tancredo, I'm impressed with all of them, and I'd be happy with any one of them.

This country is up for a shake up in this next election. I wouldn't apply ANY of the old "you can't win unless" parameters to this time. People are pissed, mainly about immigration, and that gives Tancredo a HUGE boost. He "could" be our next President. Don't doubt it for a second. The other thing is, we're going to start pulling troops out of Iraq before bush is gone, so Iraq will NOT be the determining factor for voters in '08. Immigration will be. Mark my words.

Pale Rider
07-06-2007, 07:26 PM
I just got a ton of his handouts sent to me to distribute, they are pretty slick. You should get some to give to your friends Pale.

Let me know where to get some. I'd be more than happy to spread a few around.

Gaffer
07-06-2007, 07:50 PM
True. And I'm also with avatar. I'm not real worried about a liberal in the White House. I don't think hitlery can win, America isn't ready for a woman in the White House, let alone parking the stinking clintons back in there for a THIRD term. Won't happen. And obama, not a chance in hell. I'll bet anybody here. Number one, (just pointing this out...), he's black, and no old time dem will vote for him, so he can't win right there. Number two, his name... "obama." There's a real dislike for muslims and anything that resembles them in America. His name sounds like a muslim. Nope, the man will NEVER see the White House.

As for who I support, sure, Newt, Huckabee, Tancredo, I'm impressed with all of them, and I'd be happy with any one of them.

This country is up for a shake up in this next election. I wouldn't apply ANY of the old "you can't win unless" parameters to this time. People are pissed, mainly about immigration, and that gives Tancredo a HUGE boost. He "could" be our next President. Don't doubt it for a second. The other thing is, we're going to start pulling troops out of Iraq before bush is gone, so Iraq will NOT be the determining factor for voters in '08. Immigration will be. Mark my words.

I'm thinking along those same lines Pale. The people in this country are pissed and immigration will be the key. That and whatever is going on with iran between now and then. That's another key element that's not being brought up much except by Lieberman.

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 07:51 PM

Actually Tancredo has strong stances on several issues. Immigration is his big one. Then there's Education, National Defense, Iraq, Family, Taxes, Healthcare. I can elaborate on all of those issues if anyone would like to know his views.

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 07:52 PM

Dear Tom,

Thank you again,
Bay Buchanan

I thought at one time you were pulling for Thompson too?:salute:

Pale Rider
07-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Actually Tancredo has strong stances on several issues. Immigration is his big one. Then there's Education, National Defense, Iraq, Family, Taxes, Healthcare. I can elaborate on all of those issues if anyone would like to know his views.

Just let me know how to get my hands on some of those pamphelets you were talking about. I'd like to hand some out.

Pale Rider
07-06-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought at one time you were pulling for Thompson too?:salute:

No... as a matter of fact, I said I didn't really understand what all the hoopla over Thompson was about. He doesn't do anything for me.

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Just let me know how to get my hands on some of those pamphelets you were talking about. I'd like to hand some out.

I have a bunch, or I can give you a number to the office I called and they will mail you like 100.

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Tancredo's Voting Record Score............

Score
American Conservative Union A+
National Right to Life Committee A
National Riffle Association A
Family Research Council A
National Taxpayers Union A
Ammericans for better Immigration A+
National Federation of Independant Business A+

Pretty Impressive...........

OCA
07-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Tancredo cannot win, he has zero name recognition although I admit he has a solid conservative voting record aside being a status quo supporter on immigration, immigration will not be the #1 issue, it will be a distant #2 behind Iraq where we will still be in Nov.2008.

I do not want to admit it but as each day goes along I will probably be eating my words on Hilary getting into the oval office, in fact i'm 100% sure of it.

OCA
07-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Tancredo's Voting Record Score............

Score
American Conservative Union A+
National Right to Life Committee A
National Riffle Association A
Family Research Council A
National Taxpayers Union A
Ammericans for better Immigration A+
National Federation of Independant Business A+

Pretty Impressive...........

How does a person like you who claims to be a conservative and be boastful of Tommy's voting record be for "special rights" for queer choicers? I wonder how Tommy feels about queer choicers?

Pale Rider
07-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Tancredo cannot win, he has zero name recognition although I admit he has a solid conservative voting record aside being a status quo supporter on immigration, immigration will not be the #1 issue, it will be a distant #2 behind Iraq where we will still be in Nov.2008.

I do not want to admit it but as each day goes along I will probably be eating my words on Hilary getting into the oval office, in fact i'm 100% sure of it.

It's pretty early yet, so really, anything can happen. I'll say this about that brother, "I HOPE I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG." :beer:

OCA
07-06-2007, 08:32 PM
It's pretty early yet, so really, anything can happen. I'll say this about that brother, "I HOPE I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG." :beer:

You know Pale if it turns out that i'm wrong i'll be the first sumbitch here to eat shit and eat it proudly and happily because even if I lose I win, does that make sense?

Pale Rider
07-06-2007, 08:34 PM
You know Pale if it turns out that i'm wrong i'll be the first sumbitch here to eat shit and eat it proudly and happily because even if I lose I win, does that make sense?

Sure, but you can still buy me a beer so I can gloat and talk smack if I'm right... :cheers2: - - :laugh:

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 09:18 PM

Neither did Ross Perot and if he didn't pull the stunt he did by dropping out of the race and coming back in he would have been President. Tancredo has a hell of a chance if he play's it right. Also if he does gain momentum and continues to do well in fundraising he will get picked as a running mate unless Romney wins as it looks like he is going to run with Jeb Bush. The difference between Tancredo and other candidates is Tancredo is not just focusing on certain states, he he focusing on all of them.

There is no way Hillary will get elected, were not ready and im sure if she win's the popular vote the electorial college will over ride it like they did in the election between Bush and Gore.

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 09:21 PM
How does a person like you who claims to be a conservative and be boastful of Tommy's voting record be for "special rights" for queer choicers? I wonder how Tommy feels about queer choicers?

You don't have to see eye to eye on every issue.

OCA
07-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Neither did Ross Perot and if he didn't pull the stunt he did by dropping out of the race and coming back in he would have been President. Tancredo has a hell of a chance if he play's it right. Also if he does gain momentum and continues to do well in fundraising he will get picked as a running mate unless Romney wins as it looks like he is going to run with Jeb Bush. The difference between Tancredo and other candidates is Tancredo is not just focusing on certain states, he he focusing on all of them.

There is no way Hillary will get elected, were not ready and im sure if she win's the popular vote the electorial college will over ride it like they did in the election between Bush and Gore.

Ross Perot? Are you shitting me? I think you don't remember that election very well, Perot never got out of 1st gear......ever, he never had a realistic chance because he was a crackpot, crazy as a loon.

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Ross Perot? Are you shitting me? I think you don't remember that election very well, Perot never got out of 1st gear......ever, he never had a realistic chance because he was a crackpot, crazy as a loon.

The Polls and Political experts showed and were convinced he was going to win. He had a huge lead at first. I remember that election really well.

07-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Avatar don't take this the wrong way but you aren't paying attention, any Repub is going to get schooled unless something miraculous happens.

The people will vote Iraq, thats it.

Iraq will be irrelevant by 08. just a feeling.

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 11:17 PM

I think your right, but it's relevant now so he's using that to his advantage. I think Iran will be the concern when the new President takes office, that is unless President Bush decides to take action, which I really think he should do! :salute:

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 05:24 AM

I agree. I think long before people start stepping into the voting booth, our direction in Iraq will be clear, and not much more will need to be said about it.

Immigration will rule the election. That's why I think Tancredo has an EXCELENT chance of winning. Personally, I would LOOOOVE to see the man elected.

Dilloduck
07-07-2007, 07:11 AM

My feeling is that the media will decide what is relevant.

OCA
07-07-2007, 07:53 AM

Based upon what? Seriously, you can't really believe that.

OCA
07-07-2007, 07:56 AM
My feeling is that the media will decide what is relevant.

Give that man a prize! The media is not going to let America forget Iraq even if we withdrew in defeat in '08, the media knows that a vast majority of Americans are sheep and that they control their emotions on hot button issues, the media will continue to be on Iraq throughout the election cycle like flies on shit.

Dilloduck
07-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Based upon what? Seriously, you can't really believe that.

No shit--the entire Democratic thrust will be how the Republicans screwed up the entire world by invaded poor innocent Iraq.

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 12:28 PM
No shit--the entire Democratic thrust will be how the Republicans screwed up the entire world by invaded poor innocent Iraq.

Well that could backfire.... since most of them voted to go in there.

OCA
07-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Well that could backfire.... since most of them voted to go in there.

Pale my brother haven't you figured out that the media gives Dems a pass on shit like that?

Pale Rider
07-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Pale my brother haven't you figured out that the media gives Dems a pass on shit like that?

Fuckin' A man... I don't need to get hit by no bus.

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Fuckin' A, Man.

Fuckin' A man... I don't need to get hit by no bus.

You were hit years ago but your early onset Alsheimers won't let you remember it.