PDA

View Full Version : Woman Looks down Firework Mortor - dies form Head Trauma

-Cp
07-06-2007, 02:34 PM
In the words of Mencia "Dee dee dee"...

MELVINDALE, Mich. (AP) - A 27-year-old Lincoln Park woman died after a commercial-grade firework exploded in her face in a car wash parking lot as her children and her fiance looked on, police said.

Danialle Barse wasn't familiar with the firework that she was using Monday night, Melvindale Detective Mike Welch said.

"She basically killed herself in front her children and her fiance," Welch said.

Barse and another woman tried to set off a 3-inch mortar bomb, Welch said, when it exploded in the parking lot of the car wash where she worked. A mortar round hit Barse and then about 25 other mortars continued to explode, Welch said.

"She stuck her head over the top of it and it went off," he said.

Jason Dobrovalski witnessed the accident.

"The bombs were still going off as I ran up to try and drag her out of the way." Dobrovalski said. "But after I'd seen what had happened I just ran back to try to save myself because it was too late."

Some fireworks confiscated at scene were purchased in Ohio, but the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives was investigating where the commercial-grade fireworks came from, Welch said.

No one at the car wash had permission to conduct a fireworks display, Welch
said.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=24a1ace9-da65-4ad7-8beb-dbe68affe8f3

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 02:36 PM
In the words of Mencia "Dee dee dee"...

MELVINDALE, Mich. (AP) - A 27-year-old Lincoln Park woman died after a commercial-grade firework exploded in her face in a car wash parking lot as her children and her fiance looked on, police said.

See the latest in the video player on the right.

Danialle Barse wasn't familiar with the firework that she was using Monday night, Melvindale Detective Mike Welch said.

"She basically killed herself in front her children and her fiance," Welch said.

Barse and another woman tried to set off a 3-inch mortar bomb, Welch said, when it exploded in the parking lot of the car wash where she worked. A mortar round hit Barse and then about 25 other mortars continued to explode, Welch said.

"She stuck her head over the top of it and it went off," he said.

Jason Dobrovalski witnessed the accident.

"The bombs were still going off as I ran up to try and drag her out of the way." Dobrovalski said. "But after I'd seen what had happened I just ran back to try to save myself because it was too late."

Some fireworks confiscated at scene were purchased in Ohio, but the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives was investigating where the commercial-grade fireworks came from, Welch said.

No one at the car wash had permission to conduct a fireworks display, Welch
said.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=24a1ace9-da65-4ad7-8beb-dbe68affe8f3

I posted this same story.............:poke:

Mr. P
07-06-2007, 03:20 PM
The JULY DARWIN award goes too....THE DUMBASS!

Missileman
07-06-2007, 03:27 PM
The JULY DARWIN award goes too....THE DUMBASS!

Yep...natural selection at work. :salute:

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Those poor children! :(

-Cp
07-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Those poor children! :(

Yeah..... they're plagued with have a "dee dee dee" as a mom....

Hopefully someone smarter will raise them now...

Abbey Marie
07-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah..... they're plagued with have a "dee dee dee" as a mom....

Hopefully someone smarter will raise them now...

That's cold!