PDA

View Full Version : Ann Coulter, just wow.

Abbey Marie
08-17-2015, 10:50 AM
Tweet this weekend from Ann Coulter. She is no better than Rosie O'Donnell.

I don't care if @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) wants to perform abortions in White House after this immigration policy paper. http://bit.ly/1EvT3Ja (http://t.co/l7nq8gN7i5)
12:36 PM - 16 Aug 2015 (https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/632954040675078144)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/coulter-i-dont-care-if-donald-trump-performs-abortions-in-the-white-house/

Drummond
08-17-2015, 11:02 AM

http://www.mediaite.com/online/coulter-i-dont-care-if-donald-trump-performs-abortions-in-the-white-house/

I don't know what to say on this one. Usually I'm strongly pro-Ann. It's difficult to defend her on this, though.

NightTrain
08-17-2015, 11:47 AM
Can't believe she said that... it's not like she struggles with words.

Cue the firestorm.

PixieStix
08-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Wow, I am speechless. That is disgusting. I am petty sure she will not be selling as many books as before.

gabosaurus
08-17-2015, 01:11 PM
I am sure Ann is aware of the old adage that "any publicity is good publicity."
Ann Coulter is an author. She has books to sell and columns to hawk. She knows the public will forgive her transgressions the next time she says or does something you agree with.

Kathianne
08-17-2015, 01:17 PM
She gets off on being outrageous.

Little-Acorn
08-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Is there any chance that she was merely happy about the Illegal-Alien paper, and decided to throw in a silly and outrageous reference to draw attention to it?

Why do these "threads of outrage" never consider that possibility? Because that would let all the wind out of their sails?

gabosaurus
08-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Is there any chance that she was merely happy about the Illegal-Alien paper, and decided to throw in a silly and outrageous reference to draw attention to it?

:laugh:

https://uttersocial.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/response-to-ann-coulter-twitter-mocking.jpg

NightTrain
08-17-2015, 01:43 PM
:laugh:

https://uttersocial.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/response-to-ann-coulter-twitter-mocking.jpg

I'll wager you're absolutely giddy about Colter finally making a mistake.

You'd better enjoy it while you can, she'll soon be back to exposing you moonbats' logical fallacies in the usual cutting manner.

LongTermGuy
08-17-2015, 02:18 PM
I don't know what to say on this one. Usually I'm strongly pro-Ann. It's difficult to defend her on this, though.

I am just like you concerning Ann...but i will wait and see how this flushes out...I am sure she will be interviewed about this soon....

*Back to the present....The Left continues to Kill ...Lie steal and Point fingers.......such "perfect" people!

revelarts
08-17-2015, 03:13 PM
Ann is simply reflecting Republicans ACTIONS for the pass 40 years.

Immigration, the Economy and WAR.."safety" "crime" , and beating the democrats ... everything really... is more important than abortion.
The abortion issue and "family values" can be tossed under the bus by the leadership (and most voting republicans) at anytime for the sake of other "more important" issues.

Barely holding the status quo, lip service, and literally phoned in speeches at abortion protest. that's all we've really gotten from Repubicans on abortion.
Ann is just being honest.

jimnyc
08-17-2015, 04:58 PM

At least she's not a fat slob with a mustache. But I agree, she doesn't get a pass just because she's not hairy and fat.

Abbey Marie
08-17-2015, 08:55 PM

Why do these "threads of outrage" never consider that possibility? Because that would let all the wind out of their sails?

Performing abortions is not the reference for being "silly".

gabosaurus
08-17-2015, 09:37 PM
Republicans will forget and forgive Ann Coulter soon enough, because she is one of them. Like Michelle Malkin and the radio talking heads, Coulter endears with her attack dog personality.
Remember this Coulter statement about 9-11 widows?

These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzies. I have never seen people enjoying their husbands’ death so much.

Coulter survived that and will be around as long as there is an audience for her swill.

Russ
08-17-2015, 09:50 PM

That is a pretty indefensible quote. That is precious life she is talking about. Ann Coulter has said a lot of things over the years that make me say "hell yeah!" but she's also said a lot of cringe-worthy things, and this is worst of them all.

Gunny
08-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Republicans will forget and forgive Ann Coulter soon enough, because she is one of them. Like Michelle Malkin and the radio talking heads, Coulter endears with her attack dog personality.
Remember this Coulter statement about 9-11 widows?

Coulter survived that and will be around as long as there is an audience for her swill.

You mean the same as Lefties have refused to charge Hillary with a crime any Marine I ever knew would be in Leavenworth for? At least Coulter's only guilty of bad taste, not multiple felonies.

Kathianne
08-18-2015, 03:01 AM
That is a pretty indefensible quote. That is precious life she is talking about. Ann Coulter has said a lot of things over the years that make me say "hell yeah!" but she's also said a lot of cringe-worthy things, and this is worst of them all.

I feel that way about many. I may agree with the basic premise, but I just don't relate to the methods. I understand being 'frustrated' with the seemingly unending lack of backbone, but wrong means do not justify the ends.

Perianne
08-18-2015, 04:38 AM
Ann Coulter and I are kindred spirits. I "get" exactly what she is saying.

One of the commenters in the story I read said "she is being absurd to make a point". Coulter is a well-known opponent of abortion. Abortion is commonly thought of by conservatives as the worst thing in America. However she (and I) disagree with most other conservatives: unlimited immigration is the worst thing. The absurdity of her point is that we will "forgive" the second-worst thing if we can agree to stop the worst thing.

It was not a literal statement.

Gunny
08-18-2015, 04:56 AM
I feel that way about many. I may agree with the basic premise, but I just don't relate to the methods. I understand being 'frustrated' with the seemingly unending lack of backbone, but wrong means do not justify the ends.

I kind of get what she does ... she's just dishing it back. I don't know that I necessarily agree with that method either. What I DO know is sitting back and just taking it hasn't worked well either.

And if you want to make Ann Coulter look normal, wake up to that harping shrew Nancy Grace on your TV. Think I'd rather have a bucket of ice thrown on me.:laugh:

Gunny
08-18-2015, 05:12 AM
Ann Coulter and I are kindred spirits. I "get" exactly what she is saying.

One of the commenters in the story I read said "she is being absurd to make a point". Coulter is a well-known opponent of abortion. Abortion is commonly thought of by conservatives as the worst thing in America. However she (and I) disagree with most other conservatives: unlimited immigration is the worst thing. The absurdity of her point is that we will "forgive" the second-worst thing if we can agree to stop the worst thing.

It was not a literal statement.

When was the last time the left/Dems compromised anything but our integrity? They just shove their crap down everyone's throats and don't care what anyone says using smokescreens against the right that them afraid of their own shadows. If the right/conservatives/GOP would put as much effort into what they're elected for as they do playing damage control to BS accusations, we might get somewhere.

But that's EXACTLY where the appeal to the Trumps and Coulters comes in. I think neither are the right answer but people on the right are tired of being bullied and they're going with whoever is willing to stand up. It's pretty sad to me that the person that made the most sense last night was Glen Beck. Both Hannity and O'Reilly act like Hollywood agents for Trump.

The Presidency is the right's for the taking at this point. And they're blowing it.