PDA

View Full Version : Emails grow to 305

jimnyc
08-17-2015, 01:54 PM
And the question is - will this be buried by the MSM as it continues? Will the Clinton machine be able to make this scandal disappear somehow with some magical excuse?

---

\More than 300 of former Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton’s emails — or 5.1 percent of those processed so far — have been flagged for potential secret information, the State Department reported to a federal court Monday.

Officials insisted, however, that the screening process is running smoothly and they are back on track after falling behind a judge’s schedule for making all of the emails public.

The reviewers have screened about 20 percent of the 30,000 emails Mrs. Clinton returned to the department, which means if the rate of potentially secret information remains steady, more than 1,500 messages will have to be sent to intelligence community agencies, known in government as “IC,” to screen out classified information.

“Out of a sample of approximately 20% of the Clinton emails, the IC reviewers have only recommended 305 documents — approximately 5.1% — for referral to their agencies for consultation,” the Obama administration said in new court papers.

Officials are trying to head off a request by the plaintiffs, who sued to get a look at Mrs. Clinton’s emails and who want the court to impose new oversight to make sure the State Department is working quickly and fairly.

Dozens of messages already released publicly have had information redacted as classified, raising questions about Mrs. Clinton’s security practices when she declined to use the regular State.gov system and instead issued herself an email account on a server she kept at her home in New York.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/17/new-hillary-clinton-email-count-305-documents-pote/

Noir
08-17-2015, 01:57 PM
Are these separate from the emails that were 'wiped from the server' story emails?

jimnyc
08-17-2015, 02:07 PM
Are these separate from the emails that were 'wiped from the server' story emails?

From what I understand, yes. When she finally turned over the physical server, I am told it was wiped. These emails thus far are from an email dump she gave to the state department. Who knows what else may or may not have been there.

The main thing is security in general. We don't know who had access to these emails in the setting she had, or just how good her own security was and if it was open to anyone else.

In the past, at the very least, folks would be getting major fines for stuff like this, and that wasn't even for running their own servers. A few jailed that I have found thus far. None that I am aware of started their own servers which bypasses security. And my early bet is that no one sees even a hint of trouble from this. IMO, from what she did, she should be under arrest right now. As long as she has been in politics, she knows more than well about document security. Truth is, she simply thinks she is above that stuff.