PDA

View Full Version : dress codes

WiccanLiberal
08-17-2015, 06:36 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/female-student-reprimanded-showing-collarbone-article-1.2328582?cid=bitly

http://www.liftbump.com/2015/08/76558-mom-posts-outraged-message-to-school-after-they-kept-daughter-out-of-class-for-wearing-this/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=Partners&utm_ter

School has started and the idiots are in bloom. Just read two separate articles about young women whose education was impacted by small minded fools who believe that male students need help to keep their minds on their books. In neither case does a lick of common sense on the part of school authorities make an appearance. Here's a suggestion. Teach the young men that to be a real man means not allowing oneself to be distracted by the charms of the ladies around them when work is the appropriate focus. Because in the real world, they will deal with all sorts of people and forms of dress. And here's another "radical' idea. Make the dress code unisex. All students to wear a collared polo shirt in the school color and neutral docker style trousers. Teenaged boys are easily distracted but don't blame that on the girls.

DragonStryk72
08-17-2015, 06:48 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/female-student-reprimanded-showing-collarbone-article-1.2328582?cid=bitly

http://www.liftbump.com/2015/08/76558-mom-posts-outraged-message-to-school-after-they-kept-daughter-out-of-class-for-wearing-this/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=Partners&utm_ter

School has started and the idiots are in bloom. Just read two separate articles about young women whose education was impacted by small minded fools who believe that male students need help to keep their minds on their books. In neither case does a lick of common sense on the part of school authorities make an appearance. Here's a suggestion. Teach the young men that to be a real man means not allowing oneself to be distracted by the charms of the ladies around them when work is the appropriate focus. Because in the real world, they will deal with all sorts of people and forms of dress. And here's another "radical' idea. Make the dress code unisex. All students to wear a collared polo shirt in the school color and neutral docker style trousers. Teenaged boys are easily distracted but don't blame that on the girls.

lol, I hate to say this, but I went to catholic school, and trust me, anything short of putting the girls in a hajib isn't going to get the boys to not notice their assets. I'm sorry, I'm as gentlemanly as they come, and even I'll admit my boy-brain broke walking down the hall to the point of going face first into an open locker-door at full stride... more than once.

We essentially get over this phase once the hormones notch down a bit, and by college we're fine, but those first few years... yeah, we're gonna need to shake our heads sometimes, cause our eyes are stuck.

Kathianne
08-17-2015, 07:03 PM
DS is correct in the main, boys and hormones are well, just that.

Personally I like kids in uniforms, boys and girls. There's never going to be getting rid of all the status stuff, some will have Uggs, some will be wearing Payless or Goodwill. Uniforms do help to some degree.

Secondly, being dressed in either a 'casual business' or traditional uniforms avoids many of the issues in schools. What is too revealing? What is inappropriate regarding words on t-shirts? Avoids the problems of gang colors, Etc.

WiccanLiberal
08-17-2015, 07:15 PM
lol, I hate to say this, but I went to catholic school, and trust me, anything short of putting the girls in a hajib isn't going to get the boys to not notice their assets. I'm sorry, I'm as gentlemanly as they come, and even I'll admit my boy-brain broke walking down the hall to the point of going face first into an open locker-door at full stride... more than once.

We essentially get over this phase once the hormones notch down a bit, and by college we're fine, but those first few years... yeah, we're gonna need to shake our heads sometimes, cause our eyes are stuck.

I agree not an easy lesson but a necessary one for their own sake. Admittedly as a woman my lustful reactions are generally not as obvious as a teenaged male but it is necessary to exert control over oneself unless the circumstances are right. And as adults, we are expected to know how to do this. And school authorities thinking the answer is for the young women to cover more is just dumb.

DragonStryk72
08-18-2015, 03:30 AM
I agree not an easy lesson but a necessary one for their own sake. Admittedly as a woman my lustful reactions are generally not as obvious as a teenaged male but it is necessary to exert control over oneself unless the circumstances are right. And as adults, we are expected to know how to do this. And school authorities thinking the answer is for the young women to cover more is just dumb.

While we're expected to know how to do this as adults, the only real way to learn it for guys is, essentially, trial and error. For guys, we run into a significant issue when puberty hits: Our attraction can be spotted, due to an unexpected bulge at an inopportune time. I mean, seriously, think about if a woman's breasts grew 2-3 times their normal size, and stiffened any time she was turned on, to the point that it was noticeable to anyone looking in their direction. Believe it or not, a lot of times during puberty, we REALLY don't want to be aroused.

Oh sure, I was going to do a presentation of my book report on Hank Aaron's autobiography, but Amanda happened to smell really good just now (Yeah, it doesn't have to be a visual impetus), and well, I now have an erection you could hold up a mug of beer on. It's really not that much of a choice for us, as basically, each guy's tastes and touch off points are sort of their own, individual snowflake.

Even when we know we shouldn't be staring, really, school's boring, and girls aren't. Watch a guy, though, that's fixated on something that is his focus, like, say, football. All his attention is devoted in that direction while the game's on, and many wives know to just wait for commercials, or till after the game to have a talk. Same thing with gamers who are really into a particular game. We tend to focus to our interest, and, thanks to an absurd amount of hormones, girls are pretty much going to beat schoolwork hands down, like playing a double-amputee in swingball.

Like I said, we work through it, and for the most part, are okay by the time senior year/college hits, but in puberty, both genders have their hard time of it.

School uniforms are an alright idea, so long as they're not restrictively uncomfortable to wear. The basic grey slacks/skirt, white polo and a sweater works pretty well, because you can have different types and colors of sweaters, and that'll allow people to customize their look at least a bit.

Doing school uniforms to discourage teenage boys from checking out teenage girls, though? Yeah, no, sorry, but that's just an asinine waste of time. You might as well try to yell back the tide.

Voted4Reagan
08-18-2015, 05:47 AM
Uniforms = YES

Navy Blue or Black Polo Shirt
Khaki trousers.
Black Belt
Black sensible shoes.
Navy Blue or Black sweater in cooler weather.

NO HEELS
NO SEE THROUGH COLORS OR THIN FABRICS
No designer labels!!

Lets face one thing.... Girls play the game too.... School skirts have this mysterious habit of defying gravity and the hemline keeps getting higher and higher....

Pants and Golf shirts for all!!

Kathianne
08-18-2015, 05:53 AM
Uniforms = YES

Navy Blue or Black Polo Shirt
Khaki trousers.
Black Belt
Black sensible shoes.
Navy Blue or Black sweater in cooler weather.

NO HEELS
NO SEE THROUGH COLORS OR THIN FABRICS
No designer labels!!

Lets face one thing.... Girls play the game too.... School skirts have this mysterious habit of defying gravity and the hemline keeps getting higher and higher....

Pants and Golf shirts for all!!

Girls roll the waist to shorten skirts. Can usually be remedied by 'silent lunch.' Girls are always going to try and appeal to boys attentions. It's nature.

Uniforms help keep boys hormones and girls attempts to appeal more under control. Note, as DS says, it's only a step couldn't quash even in burkas! ;)

Gunny
08-18-2015, 06:01 AM

Good luck with trying to be logical with THAT. :laugh:

It's just more PC crap. Blaming solely the guys is just as more dumb. They aren't the ones swishing their butts so hard they're nailing lockers on both sides of the hall. Batting their eyelashes. There's blame to go around on teenage hormonal rage. Some girl that thinks Johnny Whoever is the bomb will do ANYTHING to land that jacket.

And, as adults, they aren't. They're teenagers. Since they don't even leave home until they're almost 30 anymore, maybe we should quit trying to make a 100 yard bullseye with a 3 inch barrel?

Gunny
08-18-2015, 06:24 AM
Girls roll the waist to shorten skirts. Can usually be remedied by 'silent lunch.' Girls are always going to try and appeal to boys attentions. It's nature.

Uniforms help keep boys hormones and girls attempts to appeal more under control. Note, as DS says, it's only a step couldn't quash even in burkas! ;)

I'm just wondering when not being normal became "normal" ......

I was married to a female Marine for 13 years. You bring your butt out in those nylon short shorts they used to make us do PT in and I'm holding your legs for situps on a PFT, I'm looking. You go strutting down the hall in a knee-high skirt and tight tan shirt, I'm looking. Those uniforms ain't going to stop crap except one thing:

People getting beat up for their brand name crap. A dress code isn't going to stop someone from getting shot over a pair of Air Jordans. Same rule applies to gun laws ... criminals are going to do what they do. If I'm willing to murder your ass over a pair of sneaks, why do think your dress code matters?

And best I understand, you can wear whatever sneaks you want with your tan khakis and red polo shirt. All anyone is trying to do here is take away individuality. When you go to boot camp and they shave your head, throw everyone in the same uniform, it takes over a week to figure out who is who.

When did we become THAT country?

Kathianne
08-18-2015, 06:30 AM
I'm just wondering when not being normal became "normal" ......

I was married to a female Marine for 13 years. You bring your butt out in those nylon short shorts they used to make us do PT in and I'm holding your legs for situps on a PFT, I'm looking. You go strutting down the hall in a knee-high skirt and tight tan shirt, I'm looking. Those uniforms ain't going to stop crap except one thing:

People getting beat up for their brand name crap. A dress code isn't going to stop someone from getting shot over a pair of Air Jordans. Same rule applies to gun laws ... criminals are going to do what they do. If I'm willing to murder your ass over a pair of sneaks, why do think your dress code matters?

And best I understand, you can wear whatever sneaks you want with your tan khakis and red polo shirt. All anyone is trying to do here is take away individuality. When you go to boot camp and they shave your head, throw everyone in the same uniform, it takes over a week to figure out who is who.

When did we become THAT country?

Sorry, we disagree. There is something to be said for lack of individuality in schools regarding dress. As I noted some is the status issues; another is gang colors; last is 'neat tends to result in better behavior.'

Uniforms get rid of some distractions beyond just male/female. No drooping pants. No micro skirts. No pro 'whatever' special interests.

I'm likewise pretty traditional when it comes to education methodologies and content. Rote memory has its place. Direct instruction is necessary. Testing has a place, but is a tool, not an end.

Gunny
08-18-2015, 06:44 AM
Sorry, we disagree. There is something to be said for lack of individuality in schools regarding dress. As I noted some is the status issues; another is gang colors; last is 'neat tends to result in better behavior.'

Uniforms get rid of some distractions beyond just male/female. No drooping pants. No micro skirts. No pro 'whatever' special interests.

I'm likewise pretty traditional when it comes to education methodologies and content. Rote memory has its place. Direct instruction is necessary. Testing has a place, but is a tool, not an end.

I don't care if we disagree. Haven't kicked you to the curb yet, have I?

I DO have an opinion on uniforms though. I wore one for 21 years. I know what it's like. Try a 6 month pump where it's all you wear. There are pro's and con's.

I don't like taking anyone's individuality away. It's unconstitutional.

I DO however understand your reasoning. But what price are we going to pay for all this? Individual liberty is the foundation of our Constitution. We look more like the movie "Metropolis" nowadays.

Kathianne
08-18-2015, 06:50 AM
I don't care if we disagree. Haven't kicked you to the curb yet, have I?

I DO have an opinion on uniforms though. I wore one for 21 years. I know what it's like. Try a 6 month pump where it's all you wear. There are pro's and con's.

I don't like taking anyone's individuality away. It's unconstitutional.

I DO however understand your reasoning. But what price are we going to pay for all this? Individual liberty is the foundation of our Constitution. We look more like the movie "Metropolis" nowadays.

I'm not big on getting kicked to the curb. ;) :laugh2:

I'm big on free speech, even in schools when it comes to activities, freedom to express ideas; popular or not. If there aren't dress requirements, I do think students should be able to wear what they wish including t-shirts that espouse controversial viewpoints. However, without limits more time is going to be spent on the distractions.

Got to choose your battles.

Gunny
08-18-2015, 07:03 AM
I'm not big on getting kicked to the curb. ;) :laugh2:

I'm big on free speech, even in schools when it comes to activities, freedom to express ideas; popular or not. If there aren't dress requirements, I do think students should be able to wear what they wish including t-shirts that espouse controversial viewpoints. However, without limits more time is going to be spent on the distractions.

Got to choose your battles.

I kinda figured that out last time I got my ass chewed from breathing in the wrong direction.:laugh:

And I agree about the distractions. The uses misdirection as a weapon and the right can't figure it out when any Lance Corporal could.

Noir
08-18-2015, 07:04 AM
This is what is being argued over?
This is inappropriate?
:salute:

Jeff
08-18-2015, 07:08 AM
Our school system here has a strict dress code :rolleyes: or at least it reads that way. The first time I picked my older boy up at the HS I was shocked, Girls walking around with fishnet stockings, high heels, mini skirts that barley covered there bottoms and shirts that showed there belly and well heck where so tight they basically showed everything. And this wasn't one or two girls there where quite a few, I asked my son about it and he said most of the girls dressed that way. I think the wildest thing I seen was a girl with skin tight jeans and a halter top ( belly showing ) and as she turned to walk away she had her G string :eek: sticking out the top of her pants. ( they say it's called a tee back or some trash like that ) and all of these girls could of passed for 24 or so ( yes I use to bounce from time to time and they would of made it in back in the day ) They didn't make em like that when I was in HS. :laugh:

As for the boys Hormones, although I do agree, it seems like the girls are getting as bad as the boys, and in some cases worse, now a days it is just being brushed off as they are kids. As one poster has posted already GA has one of the highest teen pregnancy problems in the Country and the county I live in is suppose to be the worst in the state. Uniforms could work, but then you have folks saying it's public school not private and/or they are to costly. But IMO it shouldn't be left to the schools to have to teach our kids, we need to do so ourselves, I know even when you are tough on a kid she may sneak a particular shirt ( skirt ) out of the house and change but eventually she is caught or at least you have slowed it down. And yes the boys do the same, maybe it doesn't get looked at the same way but all of my sons wanted nothing other than Armour shirts when school shopping. ( at least I think that is the name ) yes as soon as they started to develop and started working out the skin tight shirts came out as well as the wife beater tee shirts, which are also on the dress code no no list, they get by with that by wearing another shirt ( preferably a button down ) and would tie it around their waste when ever possible, and as hard as I tried I know they beat me a time or two. :laugh:

Drummond
08-18-2015, 07:20 AM
This is what is being argued over?
This is inappropriate?
:salute:

I think, Noir, that you're showing us one disadvantage of the UK's State Comprehensive system, introduced by your lot (Labour) back in the 1960's. Yes ?

For your information, in the school I went to, any girl dressing up as the pic shows for school would be promptly sent home, and told to return wearing a proper uniform. I suspect she'd also be subject to disciplinary action.

But then again, I did go to a north London Grammar school. So I suppose it figures, eh, Noir, with their higher standards in .. well, EVERYTHING, really ...

Gunny
08-18-2015, 07:21 AM
Our school system here has a strict dress code :rolleyes: or at least it reads that way. The first time I picked my older boy up at the HS I was shocked, Girls walking around with fishnet stockings, high heels, mini skirts that barley covered there bottoms and shirts that showed there belly and well heck where so tight they basically showed everything. And this wasn't one or two girls there where quite a few, I asked my son about it and he said most of the girls dressed that way. I think the wildest thing I seen was a girl with skin tight jeans and a halter top ( belly showing ) and as she turned to walk away she had her G string :eek: sticking out the top of her pants. ( they say it's called a tee back or some trash like that ) and all of these girls could of passed for 24 or so ( yes I use to bounce from time to time and they would of made it in back in the day ) They didn't make em like that when I was in HS. :laugh:

As for the boys Hormones, although I do agree, it seems like the girls are getting as bad as the boys, and in some cases worse, now a days it is just being brushed off as they are kids. As one poster has posted already GA has one of the highest teen pregnancy problems in the Country and the county I live in is suppose to be the worst in the state. Uniforms could work, but then you have folks saying it's public school not private and/or they are to costly. But IMO it shouldn't be left to the schools to have to teach our kids, we need to do so ourselves, I know even when you are tough on a kid she may sneak a particular shirt ( skirt ) out of the house and change but eventually she is caught or at least you have slowed it down. And yes the boys do the same, maybe it doesn't get looked at the same way but all of my sons wanted nothing other than Armour shirts when school shopping. ( at least I think that is the name ) yes as soon as they started to develop and started working out the skin tight shirts came out as well as the wife beater tee shirts, which are also on the dress code no no list, they get by with that by wearing another shirt ( preferably a button down ) and would tie it around their waste when ever possible, and as hard as I tried I know they beat me a time or two. :laugh:

I just want to know where all these girls were when I was in jr high. Maybe not. Probably be paying child support on 10 kids.

Jeff
08-18-2015, 07:25 AM
I just want to know where all these girls were when I was in jr high. Maybe not. Probably be paying child support on 10 kids.

These kids where HS age, although the Jr high isn't much better, both of my kids are in the 8th grade and involved in sports throughout the year, some of the girls you see walking in to these events look to be seniors in HS and dressed like they are heading to the club for the night. Yea I sure don't remember any like that in my school either, they just didn't make em like that back then. :laugh:

DragonStryk72
08-18-2015, 07:31 AM

Well, yeah, even when I was in high school, The girls would play up thing like hair, make-up, and whatever form of socks or stockings for maximum value. Didn't have to worry too much about high heel shoes, cause the stairs all over the place would've dissuaded even the most die-hard wearer. Under Armour shirts, which is what they were referring to, were probably a huge help, as the Under Armour has that moisture wicking to them, breathes much MUCH easier, making the polos easier to wear, and sort of pulls everything in a bit. One thing I hated in Catholic School was post-Gym. See, after getting all sweaty during gym, I would then be back in my polo shirt and slacks, which were rather warm to be wearing by that point, and thus, I'm now sweating through most of the next period or two. Under Armour would've been a godsend, cause basically, you're wearing three layers: Undershirt, polo, and sweater. It doesn't precisely lend itself to the utmost in cool comfort.

Gunny
08-18-2015, 07:38 AM
These kids where HS age, although the Jr high isn't much better, both of my kids are in the 8th grade and involved in sports throughout the year, some of the girls you see walking in to these events look to be seniors in HS and dressed like they are heading to the club for the night. Yea I sure don't remember any like that in my school either, they just didn't make em like that back then. :laugh:

I raised my daughter and put up with her friends. I swear to God I never saw anything like them in jr high. I would have been in Heaven.

Jeff
08-18-2015, 07:43 AM
I raised my daughter and put up with her friends. I swear to God I never saw anything like them in jr high. I would have been in Heaven.

:lol::laugh::laugh::lol:

OK so now I don't feel like a old perv thinking how I wish my school had such nice scenery. :laugh:

Noir
08-18-2015, 08:01 AM
I think, Noir, that you're showing us one disadvantage of the UK's State Comprehensive system, introduced by your lot (Labour) back in the 1960's. Yes ?

For your information, in the school I went to, any girl dressing up as the pic shows for school would be promptly sent home, and told to return wearing a proper uniform. I suspect she'd also be subject to disciplinary action.

But then again, I did go to a north London Grammar school. So I suppose it figures, eh, Noir, with their higher standards in .. well, EVERYTHING, really ...

What this has to do with the UKs state comprehensive system I haven't the slightest idea. If you consider that person to be dressed in inappropriately, we irreconcilably disagree.

Kathianne
08-18-2015, 08:10 AM
http://boliviainvencible.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/11520b.png

Appropriate perhaps the gym, not so much in school.

http://cdn.patch.com/users/56257/2012/06/T800x600/baa28e54d48954b172122d0f0af6d931.jpg

Gunny
08-18-2015, 08:13 AM
What this has to do with the UKs state comprehensive system I haven't the slightest idea. If you consider that person to be dressed in inappropriately, we irreconcilably disagree.

Are you even on the same planet the rest of us are?

Noir
08-18-2015, 09:18 AM
Are you even on the same planet the rest of us are?

idk, on my planet a woman's collarbone isn't obscene, what about on yours?

Gunny
08-18-2015, 09:24 AM
idk, on my planet a woman's collarbone isn't obscene, what about on yours?

Dude, you are weird. I look at boobs n butts, not collarbones.

Noir
08-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Dude, you are weird. I look at boobs n butts, not collarbones.

Did you read the OP?

Gunny
08-18-2015, 09:39 AM
Did you read the OP?

Matter of fact, I addressed it. What's that got to do with your latest tour through La-La Land?

gabosaurus
08-18-2015, 11:14 AM
This thread is exactly why all teenage girls need access to birth control and sex education. Guys just can't keep it in their pants.

Perianne
08-18-2015, 11:20 AM
This thread is exactly why all teenage girls need access to birth control and sex education. Guys just can't keep it in their pants.

C'mon, gabosaurus. You and I both have been a young woman once. It's not just the guys. It takes two.

jimnyc
08-18-2015, 11:38 AM
C'mon, gabosaurus. You and I both have been a young woman once. It's not just the guys. It takes two.

Correctamundo. Too many folks additionally thing that PP is the answer to their issues, that if something happens, it's off to the clinic, and make the guy foot the bill. The thought of "personal responsibility" and spending a $1 to prevent it from happening is ridiculous to even think about to many.

And if anything does go wrong, "HE" should have thought about that before taking it out of his pants. Personal responsibility is lost to most of the liberal world, and abortion is used as birth control.

fj1200
08-18-2015, 01:46 PM

School has started and the idiots are in bloom.

Did they violate the dress code?

Abbey Marie
08-18-2015, 03:21 PM

Agree, agree, agree. :thumb:

And I will even add, since I went to an all-female Catholic HS, I am in favor of learning separately. Clothes-induced distractions solved, and there's plenty of time for socializing with the opposite sex after school and on weekends.

Trigg
08-18-2015, 03:42 PM
I'm now working in a high school and some of the outfits that girls would wear DEFINITELY are distracting.

School has just begun and I've sent 3 different girls to change. 2 have there cleavage on display and another one's dress was bearly skimming that bottom of her ass.

As of yet, I haven't sent a boy to change. But I'm sure that will happen, especially since saggy pants seem to be so popular.

It would be wonderful if boys didn't ogle girls, it would also be nice if girls didn't dress in order to get that kind of reaction.

It's distracting to everyone involved. Sorry I just don't see the outrage, dress appropriately for a school setting. It isn't a bar

Jeff
08-18-2015, 03:59 PM

I guess some just are explaining their younger years Perianne, yes put all 13 year old girls on birth control and watch aids spread like wild fire, And again its all the guys fault :rolleyes: how about don't go to school dressed like you are heading to the bar for the night. Last I knew it took 2 to lay down, but then again my sister or any that I knew weren't put on birth control at 13 and then told to dress anyway they want, we had parents that taught us right from wrong, and some of us still teach our kids, we don't need the Government telling us we have to put our kids on Birth control, we actually take the time to be parents.

Gunny
08-18-2015, 04:38 PM

Girls can't either. THAT is my whole point. Stop blaming just the guys. Y'all can keep your pants on and/or legs crossed. It ain't a one-way street.

Abbey Marie
08-18-2015, 04:39 PM
Girls can't either. THAT is my whole point. Stop blaming just the guys. Y'all can keep your pants on and/or legs crossed. It ain't a one-way street.

But Gunny, those pimply awkward 13 year old boys are just irresistable! ;)

Drummond
08-18-2015, 06:57 PM

Everybody knows that Comprehensive schools mark a lowering of standards, Noir. That one such school would be more lax than other, better ones, just figures. What do you have against school uniforms, anyway ?

Answer me this. How many Comprehensives have been forced into Special Measures ? How many GRAMMAR SCHOOLS have suffered such a fate ?

Need I say more ?

Noir
08-19-2015, 05:06 AM
Everybody knows that Comprehensive schools mark a lowering of standards, Noir. That one such school would be more lax than other, better ones, just figures. What do you have against school uniforms, anyway ? Answer me this. How many Comprehensives have been forced into Special Measures ? How many GRAMMAR SCHOOLS have suffered such a fate ? Need I say more ?

You appear to be pulling random statements out of know-where to insert them here, making comments about Comp v Gram etc rather than discussing the OP.

Now, about the actual OP, do you consider the display of a woman's collar bones to be obscene?

Jeff
08-19-2015, 06:35 AM
Agree, agree, agree. :thumb:

And I will even add, since I went to an all-female Catholic HS, I am in favor of learning separately. Clothes-induced distractions solved, and there's plenty of time for socializing with the opposite sex after school and on weekends.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ua_Ei4RTRGc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gunny
08-19-2015, 07:09 AM
But Gunny, those pimply awkward 13 year old boys are just irresistable! ;)

Hell, you need to work on your descriptive skills, You left out the long, blonde wavy hair, orange, brown and olive pin striped bell bottoms from Hell, mismatching tie-dyed tee, and sandals. It's no wonder mosquitoes staid away.:laugh:

Jeff
08-19-2015, 07:13 AM
Hell, you need to work on your descriptive skills, You left out the long, blonde wavy hair, orange, brown and olive pin striped bell bottoms from Hell, mismatching tie-dyed tee, and sandals. It's no wonder mosquitoes staid away.:laugh:

You sound like a handsome young lad :laugh::laugh:

Gunny
08-19-2015, 07:33 AM
You sound like a handsome young lad :laugh::laugh:

I was in style for my period. But I'll throw it back at ya ... how about those peg-leg high waters with Steve Perry white high tops y'all wore in the 80s? And hair-do's that looked like roosters?

Jeff
08-19-2015, 07:42 AM
I was in style for my period. But I'll throw it back at ya ... how about those peg-leg high waters with Steve Perry white high tops y'all wore in the 80s? And hair-do's that looked like roosters?

My style was and still is a black tee shirt ( summer time the sleeves get cut out ) a pair of jeans and a pair of black boots, my hair, well as long as my Dad would permit when I was in his house. :laugh:

I never really cared about the fads, I wore what i wore. :laugh:

Gunny
08-19-2015, 07:51 AM
My style was and still is a black tee shirt ( summer time the sleeves get cut out ) a pair of jeans and a pair of black boots, my hair, well as long as my Dad would permit when I was in his house. :laugh:

I never really cared about the fads, I wore what i wore. :laugh:

I haven't changed either. Once I started dragging a lawn mower don New York Ave on Homestead AFB, I bought my own Levi's. Nobody wore boots back then though. When my mom dressed us in the late 60s though ... Christ Almighty. I looked like a cross between David Cassidy and Bobby Sherman. Guess who wasn't the favorite kid that got to pick out what we wore and guess who was a member of the Partridge Family fan club? Do you have ANY idea what it's like to listen to those same two albums for YEARS? Probably why my brain is fried.:laugh:

DragonStryk72
08-19-2015, 06:35 PM

Okay, several points:

1) noticing is not action. Please stop demeaning men everyone because we have the sheer unmitigated gall to notice women during our teen years.

2) Women have as much a hand in the discussion here as men do. Outside of rape, sex is a joint decision between two parties, so stop assuming women are so weak as to have no power over the guys in their life. Trust me, given the stupid things I've done for women in my life, they do.

3) Women are perfectly capable of being the ones horndogging it. Sorry, but truth be told, I was not the instigator of my virginity loss. I was way WAY too busy trying to be morally responsible, and whatnot.

gabosaurus
08-19-2015, 07:23 PM
3) Women are perfectly capable of being the ones horndogging it. Sorry, but truth be told, I was not the instigator of my virginity loss. I was way WAY too busy trying to be morally responsible, and whatnot.

Seriously bro? A girl hunted you down and forced herself on you while you were trying to maintain your path on the moral high road? You seriously want us to believe that?

Dang, now you sound like my husband. He was a senior in high school and had spent 17 years avoiding the morally depraved girls he went to school with. Then some friends set him up with a cute younger girl. This brazen hussy proceeded to charm him out of his nerdy shell and introduce him to a life of wicked depravity!
It took quite a while for his mom to forgive me. :bunny4:

But usually it is ALWAYS THE GUY'S FAULT!!

DragonStryk72
08-20-2015, 01:44 AM
Seriously bro? A girl hunted you down and forced herself on you while you were trying to maintain your path on the moral high road? You seriously want us to believe that?

Dang, now you sound like my husband. He was a senior in high school and had spent 17 years avoiding the morally depraved girls he went to school with. Then some friends set him up with a cute younger girl. This brazen hussy proceeded to charm him out of his nerdy shell and introduce him to a life of wicked depravity!

NO, here's the chain of events: She asked me out (I would likely have gotten around to it about the first of never due to out-thinking myself into never actually asking. It blindsided me that she actually liked me, cause I had a giant crush on her, and she was being really subtle with lines like, "What would you do if I kissed you right now?".... Yeah, I was not paying attention where I should have been.), and got the intentional walk on the first date. As to the sex portion, seeing as how it was my first, I did what I usually do: I overthought the living shit out of it. I was getting ready to go into the navy at the time, and Jess was being... we'll say less than subtle about what she wanted from me... but then personal responsibility reared it's head.

I worried about if she got pregnant, cause I'd be in boot/Nuke School for the next year and a half, and out to sea for a lot of the time after that, so I wouldn't be able to be there for her if something happened (broken condom, didn't take the pills that day, I basically came up with every possible botch on the BC end that could occur without our knowledge or ability to head off at the pass.). I also worried about the emotional entanglement (This would've occurred regardless of the sex, anyway, but I didn't particularly consider that point at the time).

So I went to boot, graduated, and she was there for the ceremony in Great Lakes, and then I found out something awesome: we were getting a 4-day weekend over the Valentine's Day weekend, and the distance limit had been removed for us. I immediately set about getting a plane up to Essex Junction, VT from NTC Orlando, so that I could spend two whole days there, and then come back, and be back to work on Tuesday. It was on Valentine's Day that Jess decided to move things forward, and I went along with the ride.

But here's the thing: It wasn't Jess's "fault", nor was it was my "fault". There is no fault. We were two people in love, and made love. That was our choice, it doesn't matter, really, who instigated, because we chose to have sex. I had volition, she had volition, there's no lack of ability to choose on either one of our parts.

This thing of blaming the guys is passe, and archaic, a leftover of a time when people thought women were somehow less capable than men. We know better now. Women are perfectly capable of saying no, or not right now, or not without protection. Trust me, if a teenage guy knows he's only 1 condom away from getting to the promised land with the woman he wants to be with, trust me, he will FIND ONE. For point of reference, using Good Will Hunting:

Skylar (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000378/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): What if I said I wouldn't have sex with you again 'til I got to meet your friends; what would you say?
Will (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000354/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): I'd say it's 4:30 in the morning; they're probably up.

This still doesn't remove volition, and handing girls this crutch that it's the guy's fault, is just that, it's a crutch, and they're not broken.

Jeff
08-20-2015, 04:37 AM
NO, here's the chain of events: She asked me out (I would likely have gotten around to it about the first of never due to out-thinking myself into never actually asking. It blindsided me that she actually liked me, cause I had a giant crush on her, and she was being really subtle with lines like, "What would you do if I kissed you right now?".... Yeah, I was not paying attention where I should have been.), and got the intentional walk on the first date. As to the sex portion, seeing as how it was my first, I did what I usually do: I overthought the living shit out of it. I was getting ready to go into the navy at the time, and Jess was being... we'll say less than subtle about what she wanted from me... but then personal responsibility reared it's head.

I worried about if she got pregnant, cause I'd be in boot/Nuke School for the next year and a half, and out to sea for a lot of the time after that, so I wouldn't be able to be there for her if something happened (broken condom, didn't take the pills that day, I basically came up with every possible botch on the BC end that could occur without our knowledge or ability to head off at the pass.). I also worried about the emotional entanglement (This would've occurred regardless of the sex, anyway, but I didn't particularly consider that point at the time).

So I went to boot, graduated, and she was there for the ceremony in Great Lakes, and then I found out something awesome: we were getting a 4-day weekend over the Valentine's Day weekend, and the distance limit had been removed for us. I immediately set about getting a plane up to Essex Junction, VT from NTC Orlando, so that I could spend two whole days there, and then come back, and be back to work on Tuesday. It was on Valentine's Day that Jess decided to move things forward, and I went along with the ride.

But here's the thing: It wasn't Jess's "fault", nor was it was my "fault". There is no fault. We were two people in love, and made love. That was our choice, it doesn't matter, really, who instigated, because we chose to have sex. I had volition, she had volition, there's no lack of ability to choose on either one of our parts.

This thing of blaming the guys is passe, and archaic, a leftover of a time when people thought women were somehow less capable than men. We know better now. Women are perfectly capable of saying no, or not right now, or not without protection. Trust me, if a teenage guy knows he's only 1 condom away from getting to the promised land with the woman he wants to be with, trust me, he will FIND ONE. For point of reference, using Good Will Hunting:

Skylar (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000378/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): What if I said I wouldn't have sex with you again 'til I got to meet your friends; what would you say?
Will (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000354/?ref_=tt_trv_qu): I'd say it's 4:30 in the morning; they're probably up.

This still doesn't remove volition, and handing girls this crutch that it's the guy's fault, is just that, it's a crutch, and they're not broken.

Dragon there are more guys like you out there than the ones with the ranging hormones, I was both, I was very she and scared to death to get a girl pregnant until the first time, and then yes from that point my Hormones where hard to keep in check, but the first time for me my Gf at the time was the aggressor, hell I was 13 and even tried to talk her out of it, but one thing lead to another and she won the argument. :laugh: But I absolutely agree 100% it is a mutual thing, provided there is no rape or something like that, even my first time where I was scared to death i could of stuck to my guns and said no, but now I am glad I didn't. :laugh:

Gunny
08-20-2015, 06:35 AM

:lame2: