PDA

View Full Version : `Here's what happened when UFC fighters took on Marine Corps martial-arts experts`

LongTermGuy
08-17-2015, 10:54 PM
http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/55d1e3b3371d2278018c01c8-850-476/screen%20shot%202015-08-17%20at%209.36.43%20am.png

"Have you ever wondered how the toughest competitors in the Ultimate Fighting Championship would stack up against the military?

Well, you can stop wondering. A YouTube video called "UFC Fighters Experience Marine Corps Martial Arts" gives a look at what happened when five fighters — Marcus Davis, Rashad Evans, Forrest Griffin, (Marine veteran) Brian Stann, and UFC President Dana White — made the trek to Quantico, Virginia's Marine Corps Martial Arts Center of Excellence, better known as MACE."

After seeing a morning demonstration of tactics and techniques, the fighters attempted a training lane used to test Marines for their ability to train with knives, bayonets, and fighting sticks. The fighters lost to the Marines. Badly.

To be fair, even Marine veteran Brian Stann had some trouble standing up to his fellow Marines who were experts in the Corps’ Martial Arts program."
Watch below (if you want to skip to the fighting lanes, go to 3:50):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyllQuQuHZE

Gunny
08-17-2015, 11:06 PM
Used to be called the Crucible. We had to take on up to 3 fighters at every stage. MMA fighters are mostly 1 on 1 fighters, especially the wrestlers. They aren't going to win. A Marine isn't going to ground unless someone's about to die and/or there is no choice.

Balu
08-18-2015, 12:01 AM
The rest (10 parts) find yourself in the right list (or the upper left clip when the previous is over) and DO NOT forget, that this is only OPEN, UNCLASSIFIED information. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9vAvhEgpH8

jimnyc
08-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Oh man, they needed to put in Rousey, Aldo, Weidman, Velasquez, Dos Santos... :)

Gunny
08-18-2015, 08:02 AM
Oh man, they needed to put in Rousey, Aldo, Weidman, Velasquez, Dos Santos... :)

Won't help. Two different fight styles. Y'all love Rousey but she always goes to ground. Which is fine for a one on one fight. We're trained to take on multiple attackers and you NEVER go to ground with multiple attackers.

The other thing is MMA fighters fight. That's what they do. We're trained to kill. I've never understood why people don't get that. The worst are drunks in a bar. "You're a Marine? I can kick your ass."

Not hardly.

Point is, it depends on your playground. We aren't trained to do the same thing. Most Marines know some martial arts. Their favorite place to send us Oki. All this civilians beating on each other crap is just bullshit to me. I know 4 different martial arts and I'm STILL not getting in the ring with a one on one fighter. That's been over for 15 years.

Put a Marine one on one in the octagon with an MMA fighter, probably lose. You come on MY playground, it ain't likely.

jimnyc
08-18-2015, 09:17 AM
Won't help. Two different fight styles. Y'all love Rousey but she always goes to ground.

I was kidding. But... in her last fight she didn't go to the ground, she stayed up and beat the crap out of Correia and KO'd her out in :34.