PDA

View Full Version : New vehicle myself

jimnyc
08-18-2015, 11:16 AM
I didn't want to hijack Darin's thread about his truck. In less than 2 years I will be in the market myself. I've got very low mileage on my truck. Not that it matters as we plan to giving it to the boy. All my low mileage, just popped in new stereo, babied my friend... Anyway.

So we will replace it with another for the woman and I, a "family" car I suppose. Thing is, I am really the only one who drives it. The boy will have his own anyway. The woman very minimally drives by herself.

So I'm thinking maybe I can go sports, or maybe push towards family with a sporty edge? My first thought was the Nissan Maxima, which we had previously and I loved. It was 265hp when I had it, and they now offer it at 300hp. But it used to be more sporty looking. Don't even mention the GT-R, as she laughed when I brought that one up! :)

What are other cars that would be "family", yet sporty and family, in the 30-45 range? I might go above $45 if the car is right, and I nag her on the right day.

darin
08-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Dude. $25k. 2006 Mercedes E55 AMG. 470hp. :)

(that's what I'm looking for when I get to Germany)

jimnyc
08-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Dude. $25k. 2006 Mercedes E55 AMG. 470hp. :)

(that's what I'm looking for when I get to Germany)

Is that Germany prices, or USA?

Can you get one over there, put less than 500 miles on it, and then bring it back for me? :thumb: Not a bad car for that price, and love the HP!!

http://i.imgur.com/RngpAu9.jpg

NightTrain
08-18-2015, 11:56 AM
I strongly suggest you get one of these.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7577&stc=1

darin
08-18-2015, 11:57 AM
Dude - check autorader. TONS of those 2004-2006 for less than $30k. i hate seeing people paying $35-40k+ on a 'new' car when so-f'ing-many FANTASTIC used cars are out there. :)

Maintenance is a litlte more expensive - but not crazy. Since the motors are SC'd, they're BUILT very strong. Add $2k in mods, and you'd have OVER 500hp.

:)