PDA

View Full Version : Since we're talking vehicles, part 2

Abbey Marie
08-19-2015, 03:55 PM
You know how you can be just driving along, and you end up behind a type of car that just annoys you? Or maybe it's just me. I get annoyed by seeing a minivan, especially if it has a stick-figure family decal, or, God-forbid, one that says, "Mom's Cab".
Anyone else?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-19-2015, 04:09 PM
You know how you can be just driving along, and you end up behind a type of car that just annoys you? Or maybe it's just me. I get annoyed by seeing a minivan, especially if it has a stick-figure family decal, or, God-forbid, one that says, "Mom's Cab".
Anyone else?
Those types often annoy me simply because they usually are driven poorly. And block a lot of my forward view.TZ

NightTrain
08-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Subarus. For some reason anyone that owns a Subaru is completely ignorant of what speed you should drive in a given lane. It's always 10 MPH less and the driver is oblivious to 3 miles of very pissed off motorists stuck behind them as they pace a tractor trailer.

Also, anyone that owns a Honda Element or Scion Cube or similar 'Cube' vehicle deserves to get their ass kicked. I'm generally against vandalism of any kind, but if a national movement spontaneously formed to destroy those ugly bastards on sight, I'd be volunteering me and the Suburban to drive the criminals around.

Then there's the stupid kids that install a 'coffee can' exhaust on their Camry or Neon to make it obnoxiously loud - and neglect to do anything else to it. Just a loud muffler. They saw it on Fast & Furious and have no idea what else to do to make it a fast car. I'm still chuckling about the neighbor kid across the street that installed a NOS in his little rice rocket and promptly blew it up, now he's driving his mom's minivan to school and it's nice & quiet.

Other than that... nope. No issues here. :smoke:

Perianne
08-19-2015, 05:02 PM
Anyone else?

Oh my gosh, Abbey. We are the same on this.

My BFF Erin was thinking about getting a mini-van. I told her I would no longer be her friend if she bought one! lol Of course I was joking.

sundaydriver
08-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Where is the love for the minivan? I had one for several years to use for travel. It was great for vacations and Penn State tailgating. A Kia Sedona that drove great, had some pep, and all the creature comforts for travel. Sold it last year as I just couldn't justify four personal vehicles.

I'm a car guy and love to drive so the annoying ones to me are the high school ricers, inconsiderate drivers, and the distracted.

Abbey Marie
08-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Where is the love for the minivan? I had one for several years to use for travel. It was great for vacations and Penn State tailgating. A Kia Sedona that drove great, had some pep, and all the creature comforts for travel. Sold it last year as I just couldn't justify four personal vehicles.

I'm a car guy and love to drive so the annoying ones to me are the high school ricers, inconsiderate drivers, and the distracted.
Sorry, but I find them to be one of ugliest designs ever created. Wide backs and nothing aesthetic to look at. No offense, though!

sundaydriver
08-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Sorry, but I find them to be one of ugliest designs ever created. Wide backs and nothing aesthetic to look at. No offense, though!

No offense taken Taken Abbey. But just hope I'm never next to you at a stoplight in one of my cars because I would show you what "excellent off the light" actually looks like! :laugh:

Abbey Marie
08-19-2015, 07:19 PM
No offense taken Taken Abbey. But just hope I'm never next to you at a stoplight in one of my cars because I would show you what "excellent off the light" actually looks like! :laugh:

Racing a minivan- what a sight that would be! :cool:

sundaydriver
08-19-2015, 07:30 PM

Come on Abbey, I said; cars! The next time I'm in Maryland, look for this. Never mind you'll hear it!

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/rover27/IMG_0014_zpsbwolieo0.jpg (http://s386.photobucket.com/user/rover27/media/IMG_0014_zpsbwolieo0.jpg.html)

Perianne
08-19-2015, 07:45 PM

Imagine how humiliating it would be to lose to the minivan. lol

Abbey Marie
08-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Come on Abbey, I said; cars! The next time I'm in Maryland, look for this. Never mind you'll hear it!

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/rover27/IMG_0014_zpsbwolieo0.jpg (http://s386.photobucket.com/user/rover27/media/IMG_0014_zpsbwolieo0.jpg.html)

Much better!

fj1200
08-21-2015, 08:31 AM
Subarus. For some reason anyone that owns a Subaru is completely ignorant of what speed you should drive in a given lane. It's always 10 MPH less and the driver is oblivious to 3 miles of very pissed off motorists stuck behind them as they pace a tractor trailer.

Actually those are the drivers from Indiana.

SassyLady
08-22-2015, 11:48 PM
In the wild, defective animals either get cannibalized or eaten by prey because they cannot run with the big boys. These types of cars remind me of that type of scenario and I keep hoping they die out due to just plain ugliness.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDZyXVH8WrTJCyK32zUO9SgMWcQPTWL Nsj2obnGx5beiTBUeXsLg