PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to...

Noir
08-21-2015, 09:31 AM
Ya know those people that were always about until they weren't?

The names that come to mind straight off are the likes of Emmett, Immanuel, HogTrash, Chesswarsnow, Missleman, Robert Whit and PMP...did they just stop posting here or are known on other forums etc?

jimnyc
08-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Ya know those people that were always about until they weren't?

The names that come to mind straight off are the likes of Emmett, Immanuel, HogTrash, Chesswarsnow, Missleman, Robert Whit and PMP...did they just stop posting here or are known on other forums etc?

Emmett - wow, now that was a long time ago! Him and his wife were even kind enough to visit my Mom and bring her a small gift while she was in Georgia in a home.

Immanuel - he was always more of a USMB member, but came here often for a period. I liked him.

Hogtrash - didn't get his way, left.

Chesswarsnow - didn't get his way, left.

Missileman - this one I would love to know. Definitely a great guy. Just kinda stopped posting. I don't see him elsewhere.

Robert Whit - Don't ever say that again, that's like Voldemort. He might come back again if you say it a second time!!

PMP - was also more popular on another board and hasn't been to these parts in awhile

Good list minus Whitless!! :)

red state
08-21-2015, 10:33 AM
Noir, they can drop off the face of the earth for all I care; posters like jafart, hog, arbo, missman and others of their low caliber & blow-hards like the guy who single highhandedly killed 200 enemy soldiers with a knife after skydiving from the orbiting International Space Station....I'd like to see more liberals/liberal-tarians like you & REV make fairly decent arguments rather than read the crap from those "better-than-thou-know-it-alls like the ones mentioned and a few more names that come to mind who still, consistently, post CRAP. There are also those who post every few months who think they hung the moon so they can drop off completely as well for all I care.

Bottom line; I can go back to the old site if I want to read ignorant, thoughtless dribble. This site is MUCH better off without them and we have plenty of Conservative and so-called conservatives posting regularly with vast opinion differences to go around. I'm fine with one or two good liberal & Liberal-tarian posters and your and REV foot that bill just fine.

Sorry for the long reply but I'm glad we at least agree on the same list of posters who are not missed......at least I hope that was a list that you don't miss. My list of those I miss are:

*In no specific order...
GlockMail
AbouTime
Granny Hawkins
LarryMC
&, of course, GAFFER

*If I forgot any outstanding and deeply missed members who rarely post &/or will never again post (that I and so many others liked)...my deepest and sincerest apologies.

tailfins
08-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Good list minus Whitless!! :)

He's STILL banned!

jimnyc
08-21-2015, 10:41 AM
*In no specific order...
GlockMail
AbouTime
Granny Hawkins
LarryMC
&, of course, GAFFER

*If I forgot any outstanding and deeply missed members who rarely post &/or will never again post (that I and so many others liked)...my deepest and sincerest apologies.

I don't think we're done with aboutime yet, I'm hoping he's just taking a small break. We shall see.

I don't know what happened to Glock, I hope all is ok with him. He didn't leave here for no particular reason, just never came back. He's rough around the edges, but a good guy.

Granny and Larry came around the same time, no? I liked both of their posts, especially Granny. I thought she was here not long ago?

And Gaffer. He's permanently remembered. I'd rather see him posting daily though. Why is it that the folks that touched SO MANY people leave this earth? I'm sure he's looking over the board right now, saying "I told you he was the dark lord!"

jimnyc
08-21-2015, 10:43 AM
He's STILL banned!

He thought this was fight club. And he broke rule #1, as he always talked about fight club. :)

tailfins
08-21-2015, 10:51 AM
And Gaffer. He's permanently remembered. I'd rather see him posting daily though. Why is it that the folks that touched SO MANY people leave this earth? I'm sure he's looking over the board right now, saying "I told you he was the dark lord!"

If he does start posting again it could be a demon impersonating Gaffer (not REALLY Gaffer), or more likely a hacker.

Voted4Reagan
08-21-2015, 12:06 PM
Personally I loved using "He who shall not be named" as my personal Chew Toy.

and Granny is fine.... Posts on another board.

red state
08-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Yes, Granny truly is FINE.......especially the way she holds the pipe in her mouth! HA!!! I knew she posts on another board more than here but when we 'new' members got her and many more to come here, it was truly grand. As for Glock being rough around the edges, that's what I like in a poster. Perianne, although not what I'd call rough, is fast becoming one of my favorites as she has stood her ground (despite popular views from others). Funny thing is......she was RIGHT during a few of her minority opinions.

I agree that we are not done with AT and his posts are good but nothing compared to the way he SLUNG the BLADE over at the puke liberal site many of us came from (almost half of DP's participants at one time).

This place is like church in more ways than one and when an abundance of new members came in and sat down in the bench that others thought they owned, it truly was a unwelcome sight but I think everyone is settled in now........after a few of us permanently carved our names on the pew. HA It almost appears that the church SPLIT given the names that once 'attended'. Still, I'd be fine if many of the mentioned 'folks' never came back.

Abbey Marie
08-22-2015, 09:35 PM
What, no one misses ManfromMaine or psychoblues? :laugh:

SassyLady
08-22-2015, 10:27 PM

About as much as I miss dog poo on my shoe.

LongTermGuy
08-22-2015, 10:39 PM
I don't think we're done with aboutime yet, I'm hoping he's just taking a small break. We shall see.

​Me Too !...He was my friend..

NightTrain
08-22-2015, 10:54 PM
Remember Zhukov? He was pretty awesome... I think that was USMB though.

PMP

Mtnbiker

Sitarro is around every now and then.

Mr. P

And of course, Merlin and Gaffer.

God, those two were vile! :puke3: Lunatick used to get my goat, too.

And wasn't it Chesswarsnow that used to preface every post with, "Sorry bout that, " ? I never understood that whole schtick.

Trinity
08-22-2015, 11:02 PM

:laugh: yep

SassyLady
08-22-2015, 11:34 PM
Gaffer is the reason my rep and thanks got so high!! We were definitely on the same track about politics and values!

Kathianne
08-22-2015, 11:41 PM
Remember Zhukov? He was pretty awesome... I think that was USMB though.

PMP

Mtnbiker

Sitarro is around every now and then.

Mr. P

And of course, Merlin and Gaffer.

God, those two were vile! :puke3: Lunatick used to get my goat, too.

And wasn't it Chesswarsnow that used to preface every post with, "Sorry bout that, " ? I never understood that whole schtick.

MtnBkr and Mr. P are truly missed by me. BTW, we seem to have found the same ones 'vile.' LOL!

Little-Acorn
08-23-2015, 12:03 AM
I'm pretty sure chesswarsnow was a bot.

Or at best, someone who would toss a few catchphrases that were popular at the moment, into some sort of program that formatted them, and posted whatever came out uncritically.

tailfins
08-23-2015, 09:01 AM

Or at best, someone who would toss a few catchphrases that were popular at the moment, into some sort of program that formatted them, and posted whatever came out uncritically.

The bot is Voted4Reagan . Notice similar templates posted over and over again.

NightTrain
08-23-2015, 09:07 AM

That's something I never considered... maybe a part-time spamming bot in development?

hjmick
08-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Cheesewartsnow still posts over at USMB. Occasionally...

He's still an idiot.

hjmick
08-23-2015, 03:27 PM
manu1959

Kathianne
08-23-2015, 03:28 PM

He's still an idiot.

Unfortunately not a bot.

Voted4Reagan
08-23-2015, 09:07 PM
The bot is Voted4Reagan . Notice similar templates posted over and over again.

You want a WAR you misogynistic piece of shit?.... You got it... All your own crap will be thrown out there without any regard for you and your "CONDITION".

Be prepared Tailwind.... It's game on time now....

tailfins
08-23-2015, 09:12 PM
You want a WAR you misogynistic piece of shit?.... You got it... All your own crap will be thrown out there without any regard for you and your "CONDITION".

Be prepared Tailwind.... It's game on time now....

I will do what makes ME happy. I will respond the way I feel like at the moment. Of course there's the principle of when one touches a demon-possessed turd, one's hands will stink. Get thee hence, Beelzebub. You sure are a thin-skinned little demon.

gabosaurus
08-23-2015, 09:21 PM

That is pretty much an insult to bots. :p

I miss glock and Hogtrash. Fairly indifferent about most of the rest. Don't miss aboutime and redstatesrule at all.
Virgil is probably stuck in a bear trap someplace just south of the Canadian border.
Psychoblues is likely sitting in a karaoke bar someplace. I can even envision the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVq27glkY_A

Jeff
08-23-2015, 09:39 PM

He's still an idiot.

Does he post over there in the same fashion, hell I can't even remember it exactly I just remember LMAO. :laugh:

hjmick
08-23-2015, 09:44 PM
Does he post over there in the same fashion, hell I can't even remember it exactly I just remember LMAO. :laugh:

Yes he does...

Sorry 'bout that...

1. Something stupid...

2. Something inane...

3. Something that makes him look like an idiot...

4. Something that makes him look like a bigger idiot...

Sir James of Texas

NightTrain
08-23-2015, 09:52 PM
Yes he does...

Sorry 'bout that...

1. Something stupid...

2. Something inane...

Sir James of Texas

Bingo! :laugh2:

Jeff
08-23-2015, 10:07 PM
Yes he does...

Sorry 'bout that...

1. Something stupid...

2. Something inane...

Sir James of Texas

:lol::lol::lol:

Hell I just coughed a lung up, yup that was it. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Voted4Reagan
08-23-2015, 10:36 PM
I will do what makes ME happy. I will respond the way I feel like at the moment. Of course there's the principle of when one touches a demon-possessed turd, one's hands will stink. Get thee hence, Beelzebub. You sure are a thin-skinned little demon.

The only turd here is you. People back away from you and you self evangelizing persona. They dont like you.

You think you're being all smart and analytical.

Face it tail-wind... The only way you ever got a woman was to buy her mail order off the internet from some shit hole 3rd world nation. No woman with intelligence, independence and ambition wants to be saddled with the likes of you. The only thing you ever dangled at a woman to get her to notice you was a fucking green card.

and yes... I will be the worst demon in your nightmares.

You preach the bible but only in so far as it serves your purposes. You care nothing for anyone but yourself and you use the word of God to justify your own skewed beliefs. You are the worst example of how a Christian should behave.

You wanna play retard? You've already dug your grave here. People laugh AT you when you post.

What a sad life you live... emotionless, unloved and no real friends to support you.

What a pathetic little soul you are..

jimnyc
08-24-2015, 09:09 AM
tailfins and V4R - please make a thread in the cage and take it there. No one wants to see you 2 fighting in each thread you run into one another in. :beer:

Voted4Reagan
08-24-2015, 10:50 AM
tailfins and V4R - please make a thread in the cage and take it there. No one wants to see you 2 fighting in each thread you run into one another in. :beer:
'
I will PM you in a moment Boss....

Apologies for this being in the lounge...I failed to notice which forum it was in.