Might be of interest:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61HXHYEmOXL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Jeff
08-23-2015, 10:43 AM
Is that the book that you write the test results in :laugh:

No offense TF just cutting up.

tailfins
08-23-2015, 11:09 AM
I was thinking more of the book below. Your post serves as a reminder to study that topic. The book you suggest is more for those with a social functioning of say a 7 or 8 year old (irrespective of chronological age). I'm pretty sure my social functioning has at least made it to the 12 or 13 year old level. I get enraged at corporate American women because I get counted as wrong when factually correct. Why do MY social skills matter if the fact is the system will crash with ten additional users? The system crashing should be the focus, not how I communicate it. Or worse still (this really happened), being prohibited from using object oriented programming because some woman doesn't understand how to use inheritance. I was once told to "dumb down my code" and not use any programming techniques Tracy doesn't understand. That meant code reviews where I was ordered to delete functions then copy and paste any variations covered by parameters. It's akin to telling an professional artist they MUST use paint-by-number. That's when it's time to lawyer-up. If "liberated" women want to play that HR game, I will play the EEOC game. EEOC trumps HR.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XnX5bHbXL._SX346_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Kathianne
08-23-2015, 11:13 AM
The reason the suggested book struck me, it's written by an Aspie, who's taught special needs and has children that also are Aspie.

Docs, like regular teachers can see the dysfunctions, but not what is going on or not, in one's thought processes.

tailfins
08-23-2015, 11:52 AM
The reason the suggested book struck me, it's written by an Aspie, who's taught special needs and has children that also are Aspie.

Docs, like regular teachers can see the dysfunctions, but not what is going on or not, in one's thought processes.

You are correct. Knowledge is power. So far, the way I use such knowledge is to bow out when the social risk exceeds the reputation reward. If you were a trustworthy person in a organization I was in, you would notice that I stop doing ANY work on a project where I'm "always wrong" and take on other projects where being factually correct is a thing of value. Of course when the people around you are not trustworthy, I just do that and don't say anything about it. It's really very simple: Don't do what doesn't work and do what does work. I just regret that I it took me until I was 24 to figure out that "liberated" American women are an utter and total waste of time. Of course back during High School days living in different ethnic areas in pursuit of social success was not an option for the most part. However I did drive to Alaska and the Northwest Territories in Canada after finishing High School and was impressed how friendly the Inuit were. Come to think of it, pretty well all my life it's been noteworthy how indigenous peoples just don't have that retaliatory tendency for not meeting their unwritten social demands. At the age of ten, I convinced my dad to take a road trip past Mexico City and was so impressed with how friendly others my age were at the time, especially in smaller cities such as Monterey, Saltillo, Leon and Oaxaca. That's a strong incentive to become fluent in Iberian languages (Spanish and Portuguese) as fast and thorough as possible. I try to learn French, but just can't get that "fire in the belly" to finish it, even when I visit my wife's relatives on the Guianese side of the border.

http://travelingluck.com/maps/fg-map.gif.pagespeed.ce.x4m9zqNkSF.gif