PDA

View Full Version : Trump: I will get Mexico to pay for a border wall

Jeff
08-23-2015, 10:40 AM
#1 in all polls, heck this guy has it going on. He even has Democrats going for him. He wants to rebuild our Military and take care of the Vets, that I am all for, no doubt we need to rebuild and take back the fact that we are the strongest Military in the world, yes we need to make America Great again !! He Loves the American people, what a difference from what we have now. If he could get Mexico to pay for the wall ( which I believe he will be able to do ) he is the man for the job.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4440053359001&w=466&h=263"></script><iframe src="//video.foxnews.com/v/video-embed.html?video_id=4440053359001&loc=debatepolicy.com&ref=about%3A%2F%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="263" width="466"></iframe><noscript>Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com (http://video.foxnews.com)</noscript>

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4440053359001/trump-i-will-get-mexico-to-pay-for-a-border-wall/?intcmp=hpvid1#sp=show-clips

NightTrain
08-23-2015, 10:54 AM
I just don't see how anyone can make Mexico pay for the wall - even if they had the money, which they don't, they're not interested in doing it.

I think Trump would be wise to stop saying they will foot the bill.

Jeff
08-23-2015, 11:06 AM
I just don't see how anyone can make Mexico pay for the wall - even if they had the money, which they don't, they're not interested in doing it.

NT honestly it cracks me up, I believe he will try, and maybe he wont maybe he will get something who knows, but he is now Trump the politician so he has to tell tall tales :laugh: Hell I am still waiting to see Obama keep one of the promises he made. If ya look at it like that, well this is a good one. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-23-2015, 11:14 AM
NT honestly it cracks me up, I believe he will try, and maybe he wont maybe he will get something who knows, but he is now Trump the politician so he has to tell tall tales :laugh: Hell I am still waiting to see Obama keep one of the promises he made. If ya look at it like that, well this is a good one. :laugh:

MEK--E- CO has got the money-- many billions in oil revenue.They play the poor pauper to get money and aid from us--yet all we get is the damn shaft from them.
Trump would make them pay-I'd bet 20 bucks he already knows exactly how to do that...
May not care to give specific details now but we shall see. I he wins the nomination we'll see those details because the stinking dem media will demand them so they can distort, lie and criticize all to hell and back any plan he puts forth!

MEK--E- CO has got the money.. they just want to keep it and send us their poor, their criminals,their scum and their terrorists travelling thru to get here. -Tyr

Drummond
08-23-2015, 11:41 AM

I'm sure Trump would find a way. In international relations, there are always points of leverage that can be applied.

Look at Iran. What does the US have, in terms of a 'close relationship', with them (changing, of course, thanks to Obama) ? Yet .. they found a way of applying fairly effective sanctions against Iran.

Mexico must need the trade it has with the US. This must therefore be exploitable, if the need arises.

NightTrain
08-23-2015, 11:46 AM
MEK--E- CO has got the money-- many billions in oil revenue.They play the poor pauper to get money and aid from us--yet all we get is the damn shaft from them.
Trump would make them pay-I'd bet 20 bucks he already knows exactly how to do that...
May not care to give specific details now but we shall see. I he wins the nomination we'll see those details because the stinking dem media will demand them so they can distort, lie and criticize all to hell and back any plan he puts forth!

MEK--E- CO has got the money.. they just want to keep it and send us their poor, their criminals,their scum and their terrorists travelling thru to get here. -Tyr

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Mexico buying the wall. I just see no possible way to make them do it.

Besides, it's our problem, not Mexico's. They've got a mass exodus of their dirt poor people with no future - and a lot of criminals - heading to the government teat here instead of there and that's a bonus for them. What country on earth could possibly be against a situation like that? It's a winner all the way around for Mexico having that big open border.

Let's turn that around for a minute. If Mexico instituted a welfare system that created a wave of immigrants from the US to there, every single one of us would be helping them pack and congratulating ourselves on our incredible good fortune. If Mexico was dumb enough to set up a system like that, then that's their problem and I would laugh at their stupidity. Most importantly, all of us would make sure the border is as problem free as they leave as possible.

Trump is unorthodox, no question about that... and if he's got a plan to make this happen, kudos are in order bigtime. But if he has no plan to make that happen, I'm going to be disappointed in him - along with millions of other Americans that like his views toward immigration.

tailfins
08-23-2015, 12:20 PM

Again talk is cheap. He could have ran as a Democrat and promised to make money grow on Hackberry trees. Maybe that's his plan for the 2020 election.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-23-2015, 12:42 PM
Again talk is cheap. He could have ran as a Democrat and promised to make money grow on Hackberry trees. Maybe that's his plan for the 2020 election.

Again talk is cheap. ----;)--Tyr

LongTermGuy
08-23-2015, 01:41 PM
Liberals / Fools....still cant figure it out...amazing...!

Trump will "Financially Squeeze" ..Mexico...and The Illegal Parasites carrying eggs...

Most will self-Deport...the rest can be picked up and sent back...then they can figure out...Illegal means Illegal...

Trump will also squeeze any companies (as time goes on) hiring the infesting rodents...

Liberalism...a cancer of Deceit...Lies...and spin...oozing Ignorance...!!!

Trump 2016 > For the cure...

tailfins
08-23-2015, 01:45 PM
Liberals / Fools....still cant figure it out...amazing...!

Trump will "Financially Squeeze" ..Mexico...and The Illegal Parasites carrying eggs...

Most will self-Deport...the rest can be picked up and sent back...then they can figure out...Illegal means Illegal...

Trump will also squeeze any companies (as time goes on) hiring the infesting rodents...

Liberalism...a cancer of Deceit...Lies...and spin...oozing Ignorance...!!!

Trump 2016 > For the cure...

This way to the Egress. It's sad people don't recognize a confidence man when they see one.

LongTermGuy
08-23-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm sure Trump would find a way. In international relations, there are always points of leverage that can be applied.

Look at Iran. What does the US have, in terms of a 'close relationship', with them (changing, of course, thanks to Obama) ? Yet .. they found a way of applying fairly effective sanctions against Iran.

Mexico must need the trade it has with the US. This must therefore be exploitable, if the need arises.

~ "I’m telling you, it’s called management,” the real estate mogul said. “My specifics are very simple — I’m going to get "great people" that know what they’re doing, not a bunch of political hacks that have no idea what they’re doing. … They don’t know management. I get the best people and we will do it properly and we will do it humanely and get the good ones back in.”
“I still haven’t heard the specifics on how you’re going to do that,” Stephanopoulos said.
“Oh, you’ll hear it, George,” Trump replied. “Don’t worry about it.” ~

Perianne
08-23-2015, 02:28 PM
This way to the Egress. It's sad people don't recognize a confidence man when they see one.

If those people understood things the way you understood things, they would feel like you do. Right?

indago
08-24-2015, 06:32 AM
Trump on Anchor Babies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBZU8xxs4wU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR2BpMB8uC4

Subterfuge Citizenship cannot be allowed to stand

Kathianne
08-24-2015, 07:54 AM
Does anyone else think the discussion we're having on illegal immigration should START with how the Government should be focusing on deporting and keeping felons out of this country? THEN deal with the 14th and the anchor baby issue? LAST if still necessary address HOW to identify and remove the remaining millions of illegals?

NightTrain
08-24-2015, 08:00 AM
Trump on Anchor Babies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR2BpMB8uC4

I really like that response. A lot.

Translation : STFU you sissy. Go be butthurt with someone who cares about your PC Crusade. :happy0203:

It's precisely this kind of exchange that appeals to so many people, myself included. Trump said what many of us would love to say, and no other candidate has the balls to say it.

And as the intrepid journalist licks his wounds and reads the tens of millions of internet Kudos to Trump for the beatdown, one can only imagine the amount of time this particular reporter will devote to writing hatchet jobs - he didn't like him initially, and now it's personal.

I'd better try to find out who that guy was and who he works for... I'm sure he's got some scathing things to say.

NightTrain
08-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Does anyone else think the discussion we're having on illegal immigration should START with how the Government should be focusing on deporting and keeping felons out of this country? THEN deal with the 14th and the anchor baby issue? LAST if still necessary address HOW to identify and remove the remaining millions of illegals?

He said on his first day that the deportations will begin.

Illegal is illegal. He's going to enforce the current laws of the land and as that's carried out, he's going to look at going further.

As it is right now, enforcement isn't being carried out and that's wrong. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about it, if it's a law then it should be followed and enforced to the best of our ability. Rescind the law if it's a bad law, but it needs to be followed until that happens. That's Trump's stance and it's the right one, IMO.

red state
08-24-2015, 08:23 AM
I like the rheteric of Trump, the ideas and goals he's laid out BUT, in the end, he is full of hot air (and obviously himself). We currently have the same being served in our White House.

As for Mexico not having the money......they most certainly do and Tyr is correct in their passing along some of the worse (either as a criminal base or a diseased people). Heck, MeHEco even charges those "passing through" from other countries and, just a few years ago, literally published gov. (I believe) official documentation to teach others how to abuse our system. Perhaps not officially but it was out there and a friend of mine who is a volunteer border scout has found such documentation. Besides, it was all over the news years ago (before we went TOTALLY DimOcrap/liberal/rhino) on everybody.

Beware of TRUMP......he's not our man but I'll support him (if) he's the nominee. I'm hoping for Cruz at this point. We need a smart, level headed fighter from the SOUTH.....not another yankee who is full of himself!!!

red state
08-24-2015, 08:25 AM

Illegal is illegal. He's going to enforce the current laws of the land and as that's carried out, he's going to look at going further.

As it is right now, enforcement isn't being carried out and that's wrong. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about it, if it's a law then it should be followed and enforced to the best of our ability. Rescind the law if it's a bad law, but it needs to be followed until that happens. That's Trump's stance and it's the right one, IMO.

I believe in the "WALL" but we need to enforce the labor laws & "CHEESELINE POLICIES".....that has proven to drastically reduce those looking to work illegally or abuse our system. Not all illegal aliens are bad people.................................but ALL are law breakers who continue to lie and cheat the system.

Kathianne
08-24-2015, 08:26 AM

I don't disagree with the issue that the laws should have been enforced and haven't been. Hell, that 'sanctuary cities' have even been allowed demonstrates that with relish!

What I am looking for is some sense of reality, not just from Trump. He has a campaign to conduct, I get that. I'm speaking to those that feel the way you do.

In any endeavor, there are priorities and steps to achieve. Regarding illegal immigration where are the biggest threats and which can be addressed most quickly and to the greatest good?

To me the first orders that can be quickly and to the greatest good:

1. In spite of years of not doing so, there are already the assets in place to identify and remove those convicted of felonies and deport. These are people the police know but the feds and sanctuary cities have protected. Their records already make them eligible for immediate deportation.

2. Cut off fed funding for sanctuary cities. They will stop.

3. Agreeing with Gabby here; Indict, prosecute, and fine/jail employers hiring illegals. Many will return on their own, saving time and money.

4. While the above are being executed, explain how the remaining illegals are going to be identified and processed out.

5. While the above points are being executed, put a plan forward with numbers and qualifications for legal immigration. IMO it shouldn't all be 'the well educated' but also include those seeking a better life, willing to come here legally and work toward having their children become citizens.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Right now, Trump gives us the "red meat' in his words, we will just have to wait for the potatoes after he is elected and actually hast the power to do so. :beer:--Tyr

NightTrain
08-24-2015, 08:57 AM
I believe in the "WALL" but we need to enforce the labor laws & "CHEESELINE POLICIES".....that has proven to drastically reduce those looking to work illegally or abuse our system. Not all illegal aliens are bad people.................................but ALL are law breakers who continue to lie and cheat the system.

Exactly. If they are here illegally, then they have no respect for our laws and have already demonstrated a willingness to break our laws by their very presence here. I don't care what the circumstances are, there is already a system in place to enter legally and become a US citizen - the illegals chose to break the laws and there are consequences for that.

IMO, if you are here illegally, then you are deported without question. We have laws that say just that.

There also needs to be a law that says if you are deported, you are no longer eligible to enter this country for any reason and your application to try it the legal way is automatically rejected, and stiff penalties for repeat offenders need to be instituted. A couple of 10-year sentences in Club Fed will quickly send a message to those thinking about sneaking across. This will help cut down on the attempts and encourage the following our immigration laws.

Kathianne
08-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Exactly. If they are here illegally, then they have no respect for our laws and have already demonstrated a willingness to break our laws by their very presence here. I don't care what the circumstances are, there is already a system in place to enter legally and become a US citizen - the illegals chose to break the laws and there are consequences for that.

IMO, if you are here illegally, then you are deported without question. We have laws that say just that.

There also needs to be a law that says if you are deported, you are no longer eligible to enter this country for any reason and your application to try it the legal way is automatically rejected, and stiff penalties for repeat offenders need to be instituted. A couple of 10-year sentences in Club Fed will quickly send a message to those thinking about sneaking across. This will help cut down on the attempts and encourage the following our immigration laws.

Again, I agree with all you've written, with the exception of the priorities in how to get there. Those 'illegals' that are here, not committing felonies are not readily identifiable, especially those with a good command of English.

NightTrain
08-24-2015, 09:35 AM
I don't disagree with the issue that the laws should have been enforced and haven't been. Hell, that 'sanctuary cities' have even been allowed demonstrates that with relish!

What I am looking for is some sense of reality, not just from Trump. He has a campaign to conduct, I get that. I'm speaking to those that feel the way you do.

In any endeavor, there are priorities and steps to achieve. Regarding illegal immigration where are the biggest threats and which can be addressed most quickly and to the greatest good?

To me the first orders that can be quickly and to the greatest good:

1. In spite of years of not doing so, there are already the assets in place to identify and remove those convicted of felonies and deport. These are people the police know but the feds and sanctuary cities have protected. Their records already make them eligible for immediate deportation.

Agree.... but there should be no distinction between a felon and a 'normal' illegal. Both are here illegally; both should be deported post haste.

2. Cut off fed funding for sanctuary cities. They will stop.

Yes. Additionally, there are already legal pathways to force them to stop doing so, but again, this administration has applied full brakes on enforcing current Federal laws which the States (and cities) are required to follow. IMO, every one of the local government people need to be court ordered to follow the law and then tossed in jail for contempt when they don't comply.

I think Mayor Moonbeam will quickly change his tune when faced with the prospect of an 8x8 cell with Bubba.

3. Agreeing with Gabby here; Indict, prosecute, and fine/jail employers hiring illegals. Many will return on their own, saving time and money.

Minor quibble - I said that here way before she ever did.

But, yes. Hammering employers of illegals should be a top priority and it's a no brainer that the vast majority of illegals would not even attempt to come here if there weren't scofflaws waving the financial carrot at them.

Again, there are laws against that and they're not being enforced.

4. While the above are being executed, explain how the remaining illegals are going to be identified and processed out.

As I said earlier, there should be no distinction between illegals. They're illegal, and they're out on their ass across the border.

They'll be picked up in the usual manner - traffic stops, ICE doing what they should be doing, E-verify flagging, DMV records of idiot states like California giving illegals driver's licenses, raids on known illegal employers, welfare records, foodstamps, etc. Once law enforcement is instructed to do their jobs, they'll do it. They're actually very good at catching bad guys.

I don't care how they're processed out, to be honest with you. The experience should be as unpleasant as possible, because they broke the law and we don't want them here illegally. Put them in with all the other criminals until the prison bus arrives to dump them at the border. Mother with kids? Okay, give them their own special block to separate them from other criminals - it'll be a good lesson for young Pablo to see what happens when Mommy breaks the law and it may deter him in the future.

5. While the above points are being executed, put a plan forward with numbers and qualifications for legal immigration. IMO it shouldn't all be 'the well educated' but also include those seeking a better life, willing to come here legally and work toward having their children become citizens.

I honestly have no problem whatsoever with any immigrant that goes through the proper channels and becomes a US citizen. I know a few of them right here in Wasilla, and they're good people. Honest people. People that know the difference between right and wrong & respect the rule of law, and that's the kind of citizenry we want in this country.

And you know what? Those former immigrants are MORE offended than we are that the illegals are currently getting a pass. That's no joke, every one of them gets legitimately pissed as soon as the conversation turns to illegals.

LongTermGuy
08-24-2015, 09:36 AM

*Well said Sir!:coffee:

Let me add......

No Illegal Parasites and their eggs feeding off the American "working" Tax-Payer ALLOWED!

http://rlv.zcache.com/america_needs_trump_2016_car_bumper_sticker-r1dd1900a43a8420f81d745dcfb4fa320_v9wht_8byvr_1200 .jpg?view_padding=%5B0.452380952380952%2C0%2C0.452 380952380952%2C0%5D

LongTermGuy
08-24-2015, 09:42 AM
`Ben Carson says he’d consider being Trump’s running mate (http://nypost.com/2015/08/24/ben-carson-says-hed-consider-being-trumps-running-mate/)`
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/ben-don.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson said Sunday he’d consider serving as Donald Trump’s running mate, and vice versa.
“All things are possible,” Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
“But it’s much too early to begin such conversations.”
He also defended Trump’s use of the term “anchor babies,” calling criticism “silly political correctness.”

NightTrain
08-24-2015, 09:54 AM
`Ben Carson says he’d consider being Trump’s running mate (http://nypost.com/2015/08/24/ben-carson-says-hed-consider-being-trumps-running-mate/)`

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/ben-don.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1
WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson said Sunday he’d consider serving as Donald Trump’s running mate, and vice versa.
“All things are possible,” Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
“But it’s much too early to begin such conversations.”
He also defended Trump’s use of the term “anchor babies,” calling criticism “silly political correctness.”

I'm kind of surprised that Carson is already waving the VP flag... he must be getting disappointed in his numbers.

tailfins
08-24-2015, 10:05 AM
Right now, Trump gives us the "red meat' in his words, we will just have to wait for the potatoes after he is elected and actually hast the power to do so. :beer:--Tyr

Unless, of course his potatoes are poison and he continues Obama's open borders policy. Maybe Trump will nominate Huma Abedin Weiner to the Supreme Court.

LongTermGuy
08-24-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm kind of surprised that Carson is already waving the VP flag... he must be getting disappointed in his numbers.
It is what it is....and the American people know and understand it....

Let the stinkin decetiful ..."yes we can" "Liberals" be put on notice....There time has ended...

:salute:

*​Screw all you `hard left` Liberal Bastards!

red state
08-24-2015, 11:05 AM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

EXACTLY!!!! What we are doing by ignoring laws already one the books is only welcoming more illegal activity (even from those who would normally NOT break such laws).

Sorry for the lengthy reply but I'll be very busy today and your post deserved a detailed response.

We need to give those hiring illegals a good stiff, swift kick in the @$$ and I'm talking about businesses for industry manufacturing as well as households that hire house cleaners and yard keepers (which I've done BOTH while getting my business together). I no longer provide such services and now work for numerous clients worldwide in high-end, lucrative deals but you can't tell me that there aren't Americans out there who are willing to do the work. I don't mind hard work and never have. I've also been a full time stock trader, construction guy and an ad agency specialist with dreams of becoming a full time illustrator for sci-fi / horror novelist. Till I'm there, I'll continue doing things that I don't normally like doing. At least what I'm doing is working cuz we just hired two full time employees and 3 part-timers for a client in need of writers and analytical thinkers. I try to involve myself with those who only hire AMERICAN talent and that is exactly what we are currently doing (screw political correctness). In fact, if we are to hire additional staff, we will be needing those with healthcare, military and law enforcement experience. I know several here who have the ability to write and provide needed info on various issues and careers so keep fingers crossed that all continues to go well. Perhaps I'll get back into illustrating books soon enough but, for now, I'm seeing this business grow to its fullest and that will be in hiring ONLY quality USA professionals.

Back on topic, I'm not knocking ANYONE supporting Trump but I do hope they head my words about him and his hype. Gunny and I see right through Trump but I'm not necessarily saying he's not good for the country (IF) half of what he says is on the up & up. As for building the wall, yeah, we need that badly (on both borders with a massive expansion of military to patrol both borders. We get Mehico to pay for it by moving the illegals (probably at least 24 million) to the border and have them build the walls in return for food and water.....once they have built the wall, they will systematically be sent back to their own country. The majority of illegals that outnumber 'citizen prison populations' will be slave labor and will be doing most of the extremely hard work that would usually require heavy equipment. If half of them pass out and die.....fine cuz many of them have done some VERY bad things whether intentional or not.

Off subject a bit but I understand REV's passion for the 14th a bit more and as I've said, it is a GREAT argument for saving those in the womb but it is (as written) a fairly good amendment.....it simply needs to be better and more distinctly refined and applied to STOP the liberals from abusing it. Speaking of liberals abusing the 14th.....they can also help build the fence by transferring their federal funds to the fence/wall project if they continue to all illegals into their cities as so-called sanctuary.

I'm all for what Trump says........I just can not trust him. I will support Trump, if chosen to be our runner, but I don't see that happening.

red state
08-24-2015, 11:12 AM
It is what it is....and the American people know and understand it....

Let the stinkin decetiful ..."yes we can" "Liberals" be put on notice....There time has ended...

:salute:

*​Screw all you `hard left` Liberal Bastards!

I agree wholeheartedly but we need to consider the vast corruption and buckle up for another DimOcrap president......and possibly a turning back to a DimOcrap house/senate because the people spoke back in the last election and have ONCE AGAIN been let down. We shall see but with corruption being funded left & right and with many folks having issues with voting (as I did in B.O.'s first election) when they have never had issues in voting and have lived in the same place for more than 25 years......I see this as a silent coup and it worked. All they need to do is get that Acorn and other crap machines working and well oiled again for the next BIG election for president & house/senate.

NightTrain
08-24-2015, 11:13 AM
Harsh, but fair.

But I don't think the whole 'slave labor' idea from the illegals will pan out though! I think the proper way to sell that concept is 'Forced Prisoner Labor'. :laugh:

red state
08-24-2015, 11:21 AM
Unless, of course his potatoes are poison and he continues Obama's open borders policy. Maybe Trump will nominate Huma Abedin Weiner to the Supreme Court.

I hope that is not the case BUT, one never knows when dealing with an individual who "supports" anyone who may 'possibly' benefit them or their prosperity. I'm always leery of blow-hard, egotistical persons of vanity (especially given the ONE we have in our White House) and I see Trump as a guy who may possibly say all the right words that WE may wish to hear but that is a far cry from any proof in the pudding when looking at his past and I would rather see Cruz step it up a bit. None of them, at this point, need to attack one another and the one who focuses more on B.O.'s corruption and those who aided his corruption (such as HELLary, the current & former AG, etc) will soon have HIGH numbers. All need to save their attacks for the LEFT and those pretending to be Conservatives. Cruz has pretty much done that....I just hope he steps it up and gets EXTREMELY vicious without all the planned words and propped body language. He needs to loosen up, get MAD AS HELL and express that.....without planned speaches and from the HEART.

red state
08-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Harsh, but fair.

But I don't think the whole 'slave labor' idea from the illegals will pan out though! I think the proper way to sell that concept is 'Forced Prisoner Labor'. :laugh:

One can always WISH so don't piss on my dream parade, pal! :lol::coffee::poke:

red state
08-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Harsh, but fair.

Yes, this is harsh and, believe it or not, one of my better clients is from Sacramento. He is extremely Conservative but married a women who was brought here by her ILLEGAL mother. His justification is that his mother-in-law was an outstanding mother and never took a dime from the US.....just came here illegally and worked here illegally till she died a few years ago. There is always heartbreaking stories that sway us here and there but we much ALL adhere to what we know is RIGHT......it is the liberals who have a false sense of RIGHT & WRONG influenced by a week, corrupt value and compassion.

DragonStryk72
08-24-2015, 06:56 PM
#1 in all polls, heck this guy has it going on. He even has Democrats going for him. He wants to rebuild our Military and take care of the Vets, that I am all for, no doubt we need to rebuild and take back the fact that we are the strongest Military in the world, yes we need to make America Great again !! He Loves the American people, what a difference from what we have now. If he could get Mexico to pay for the wall ( which I believe he will be able to do ) he is the man for the job.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4440053359001&w=466&h=263"></script><iframe src="//video.foxnews.com/v/video-embed.html?video_id=4440053359001&loc=debatepolicy.com&ref=about%3A%2F%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="263" width="466"></iframe><iframe src="//video.foxnews.com/v/video-embed.html?video_id=4440053359001&loc=debatepolicy.com&ref=about%3A%2F%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="263" width="466"></iframe><noscript>Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com (http://video.foxnews.com)</noscript>

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4440053359001/trump-i-will-get-mexico-to-pay-for-a-border-wall/?intcmp=hpvid1#sp=show-clips

Um... how? We aren't in charge of Mexico, and they don't have enough money for their own country, let alone building a wall for ours. So which part of their ass would they be pulling the funds out of?

gabosaurus
08-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Um... how? We aren't in charge of Mexico, and they don't have enough money for their own country, let alone building a wall for ours. So which part of their ass would they be pulling the funds out of?

Trump is pulling everything out of his ass. He is the Grand Wizard of Oz. How long before Toto pulls back the curtain?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Trump is pulling everything out of his ass. He is the Grand Wizard of Oz. How long before Toto pulls back the curtain?

Seven years and the fake wizard obama still has his brain-dead bots praising his evil and deliberate destruction as if its nation building and pure genius, so lets hope Trump can get his 8 years in..
Because those years would wreck a damn lot of the crap the bammaboy traitor engineered before! :beer:-Tyr

Perianne
08-24-2015, 10:07 PM
Seven years and the fake wizard obama still has his brain-dead bots praising his evil and deliberate destruction as if its nation building and pure genius, so lets hope Trump can get his 8 years in..
Because those years would wreck a damn lot of the crap the bammaboy traitor engineered before! :beer:-Tyr

If you think about it, Obama has been very effective at bringing us change. Washington works for Democrats because they never fold, they never let up....unlike Republican pansies.

LongTermGuy
08-24-2015, 10:42 PM
If you think about it, Obama has been very effective at bringing us change. Washington works for Democrats because they never fold, they never let up....unlike Republican pansies.

unlike Republican "Rhino" establishment pansies.

Kathianne
08-25-2015, 05:56 AM
Not anti or pro Trump. Hanson has personal experiences dealing with illegals. He runs the family farm/winery in CA.

http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/absurd-and-not-so-absurd-immigration/?singlepage=true

Absurd—and Not-so-Absurd—ImmigrationPosted By Victor Davis Hanson On August 23, 2015 @ 7:50 pm In Agriculture,Culture,Politics | 119 Comments (http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/absurd-and-not-so-absurd-immigration/?print=1#comments_controls)
In the discussion of Donald Trump’s agenda for dealing with illegal immigration, lots of his proposals are said to be absurd. But are they all?

Mass Deportations?

Targeted deportations are not the same as mass deportations. Trump may want all of the latter, but just as absurdly the Democratic Party seems not to want any of the former.

Kathianne
08-25-2015, 06:13 AM
While conservatives converse on the differences among them, are the Democrats digging a much bigger hole on immigration? (Yes.)

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-on-immigration-what-about-the-democrats-problems/article/2570734

Trump on immigration? What about the Democrats' problems?

By BYRON YORK (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/author/byron-york)

8/24/15 2:49 PM

Maybe they're all right. Maybe they're not. But put aside that argument — it's being engaged by plenty of people these days, anyway — and consider the Democratic Party's approach to immigration.

Start with Hillary Clinton. In a Cinco de Mayo appearance in Nevada a few months ago, Clinton staked out a policy wherein she pledged would go beyond President Obama's already-expansive (and arguably unconstitutional) approach.

Now, running for the Democratic nomination, Sanders pledges to extend Obama's unilateral actions and downplay security. On his campaign website, Sanders promises to "oppose tying immigration reform to the building of a border fence. Undocumented workers come to the United States to escape economic hardship and political persecution. Tying reform to unrealistic and unwise border patrol proposals renders the promise illusory for millions seeking legal status."

There's a lot of polling to suggest that parts of Clinton's and Sanders' immigration proposals are pretty far out of touch with the majority of American voters. One might even suggest the Democrats' leftward move on the issue could threaten the party's chances at the polls. Of course, that would require the pundits taking their eyes off Trump long enough to notice.

NightTrain
08-25-2015, 06:44 AM
Not anti or pro Trump. Hanson has personal experiences dealing with illegals. He runs the family farm/winery in CA.

http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/absurd-and-not-so-absurd-immigration/?singlepage=true

Ahhh yes. I always enjoy Victor Davis Hanson, and I respect his logic greatly. This was a very nice find, Kathi!

I stand corrected about making Mexico pay for the wall - not really Mexico, but instead the illegals that are here. A great many do send money back home via Western Union or other method. I've worked with several Filipinos over the years (who are incredibly hard workers, btw) who are here legally and every paycheck they sent a portion of their earnings back to their family. One person here can easily support 20 or more back home. I haven't personally seen other groups do this, but have heard that it's a common practice.

Sending Mexico a bill, or charging tariffs on trade, to finish the wall as penance for its cynical manipulation of American magnanimity is childish and unnecessary. Instead, we should look at some $40-50 billion that are sent as remittances home to Central America and Mexico each year, largely by illegal aliens themselves. Such a staggering sum might represent on average a $200-500 a month expense per illegal alien, a disposable sum that at best suggests existential poverty may not necessarily haunt every illegal alien resident, and at worse might remind us that government subsidies are sometimes used to free up income to send out of the country. Imagine if $40-50 billion were instead infused into the U.S. health care and legal systems for the indigent.

All the government would have to do, in the manner that most nations abroad already do, would be to impose a federal surcharge on all remittances by any sender who could not provide a U.S. passport to substantiate the transaction. At a 10% rate, billions could be raised ($4-5 billion a year?), and applied to the completion of the border fence. Within four or five years, the cost ($20 billion?) could be easily met by those whose illegality prompted the wall to be built.

This is a great idea. It specifically targets those that are not US citizens sending money out of the country.

Not only does it raise wall-building capital quickly, it also will be a wealth of information as to where the hotspots are in the country for congregated illegals.

I have to disagree with VDH about the mass deportations though. He wants to target just the law-breaking variety of illegals, but somehow isn't picking up on the fact that ALL of them are criminals simply by being here in the first place. I'm surprised that he misses this simple fact - or else he doesn't really consider it a crime, when it clearly is.

He also agrees with my belief that they'll mostly be rounded up by the natural routine of law enforcement over time.

As for the 14th Amendment... I agree that it clearly wasn't the intent in mind to provide protections for illegal immigrants to download an Anchor Baby in order to exploit this loophole and it needs to be modified to eliminate this abuse by Congress.

Kathianne
08-25-2015, 06:55 AM
Ahhh yes. I always enjoy Victor Davis Hanson, and I respect his logic greatly. This was a very nice find, Kathi!

I stand corrected about making Mexico pay for the wall - not really Mexico, but instead the illegals that are here. A great many do send money back home via Western Union or other method. I've worked with several Filipinos over the years (who are incredibly hard workers, btw) who are here legally and every paycheck they sent a portion of their earnings back to their family. One person here can easily support 20 or more back home. I haven't personally seen other groups do this, but have heard that it's a common practice.

This is a great idea. It specifically targets those that are not US citizens sending money out of the country.

Not only does it raise wall-building capital quickly, it also will be a wealth of information as to where the hotspots are in the country for congregated illegals.

I have to disagree with VDH about the mass deportations though. He wants to target just the law-breaking variety of illegals, but somehow isn't picking up on the fact that ALL of them are criminals simply by being here in the first place. I'm surprised that he misses this simple fact - or else he doesn't really consider it a crime, when it clearly is.

He also agrees with my belief that they'll mostly be rounded up by the natural routine of law enforcement over time.

As for the 14th Amendment... I agree that it clearly wasn't the intent in mind to provide protections for illegal immigrants to download an Anchor Baby in order to exploit this loophole and it needs to be modified to eliminate this abuse by Congress.

NT, I don't think anyone misses the point of their being here 'illegally.' The question of how to deal with those here is where differences arise. One huge problem for me is how to 'identify' in a timely manner, who's here illegally and whom is not. I don't favor profiling, unlimited searches of legal citizens based on their skin color or displaying symbols of their heritage. (many Irish have paraphernalia that shows love of 'home country' though they haven't a clue to where their roots really are.) There are millions of legal Hispanics in the country. They have the same protections as the rest of us.

You earlier brought up the obvious point of traffic stops and such. Good points, I'm not against such in that would be enforcing the law, something that should have been going on from before Reagan, but wasn't and isn't. However, that may result in better driving for many. I wouldn't be against refusing school admissions without a birth certificate, which however won't prevent and might encourage more anchor babies. That could be addressed by repeal of the 14th. Problem is timeliness.

NightTrain
08-25-2015, 07:20 AM
NT, I don't think anyone misses the point of their being here 'illegally.' The question of how to deal with those here is where differences arise. One huge problem for me is how to 'identify' in a timely manner, who's here illegally and whom is not. I don't favor profiling, unlimited searches of legal citizens based on their skin color or displaying symbols of their heritage. (many Irish have paraphernalia that shows love of 'home country' though they haven't a clue to where their roots really are.) There are millions of legal Hispanics in the country. They have the same protections as the rest of us.

You earlier brought up the obvious point of traffic stops and such. Good points, I'm not against such in that would be enforcing the law, something that should have been going on from before Reagan, but wasn't and isn't. However, that may result in better driving for many. I wouldn't be against refusing school admissions without a birth certificate, which however won't prevent and might encourage more anchor babies. That could be addressed by repeal of the 14th. Problem is timeliness.

Well, I'm not proposing that the cops start kicking down doors in Hispanic neighborhoods in a door-to-door search for illegals. Nor am I saying the cops should pull over every Hispanic they see in order to check them out. That's going too far.

But if there's a group of Hispanics hanging out at Home Depot looking for work and it's known that this is a blatant method of under-the-table employment (also illegal) for illegals, what's wrong with a cop swinging in to check them out? That's actionable intelligence and it's silly not to move on it. If you're legit, then you have nothing to worry about and should actually encourage such actions by the cops because they're reducing your direct competition, right?

I, as an American citizen, regularly produce my credentials proving my age and legal status to do different activities. I get regular background checks multiple times a year from different companies that have security requirements that have to be followed because I'm working on their systems that carry ordinary citizen, law enforcement and military traffic. I do this without complaint and accept that it's a reality in the world we live in.

I have no sympathy for anyone claiming they're being 'profiled' by producing their credentials, because ALL of us employed US citizens have to do so on a regular basis. I am not offended by proving that I'm legitimate and have the legal right to be where I am at any given time. Sure, it's a pain in the ass - but it is what it is. All of us do it and no one (especially illegitimate persons) should be exempt because of their skin color.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-25-2015, 07:45 AM

Great article, I agree with NT that Hanson seems to miss that they ALL are criminals from the first second they illegally enter!

Closing words in that article by Hanson are solid gold and highlight the hypocrisy of the dem/lib/leftists on immigration--

One would accept Bush’s blanket generalization only if he had the clout or capital
to be exempt from the ramifications of his own ideology. When a car zoomed into
the barnyard last night and tossed out a brood of puppies (twice now in one month)
, and when last week a man threw wet garbage from his pickup next to my mailbox
(full of Spanish language magazines, diapers, and used baby clothes), and when
last month someone stole my pickup (found by police abandoned and damaged in a
Fresno alleyway, with Mexican beer, food, and Spanish-language ads inside), and
when two weeks ago a non-English speaker came in the driveway looking for trailers
of prostitution (caravanas) down the road, I felt that they all had expressed
little love for animals, the environment, or young women, or for that matter
themselves — or me.

In other words, I sensed no act of love.

Perianne
08-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Great article, I agree with NT that Hanson seems to miss that they ALL are criminals from the first second they illegally enter!

Closing words in that article by Hanson are solid gold and highlight the hypocrisy of the dem/lib/leftists on immigration--

I have read that because of the illegals and their tendency to throw trash everywhere and anywhere, we have had to shut down parks.

Kathianne
08-25-2015, 08:13 AM
Well, I'm not proposing that the cops start kicking down doors in Hispanic neighborhoods in a door-to-door search for illegals. Nor am I saying the cops should pull over every Hispanic they see in order to check them out. That's going too far.

But if there's a group of Hispanics hanging out at Home Depot looking for work and it's known that this is a blatant method of under-the-table employment (also illegal) for illegals, what's wrong with a cop swinging in to check them out? That's actionable intelligence and it's silly not to move on it. If you're legit, then you have nothing to worry about and should actually encourage such actions by the cops because they're reducing your direct competition, right?

I, as an American citizen, regularly produce my credentials proving my age and legal status to do different activities. I get regular background checks multiple times a year from different companies that have security requirements that have to be followed because I'm working on their systems that carry ordinary citizen, law enforcement and military traffic. I do this without complaint and accept that it's a reality in the world we live in.

I have no sympathy for anyone claiming they're being 'profiled' by producing their credentials, because ALL of us employed US citizens have to do so on a regular basis. I am not offended by proving that I'm legitimate and have the legal right to be where I am at any given time. Sure, it's a pain in the ass - but it is what it is. All of us do it and no one (especially illegitimate persons) should be exempt because of their skin color.

I'll agree with what you've said, including the parking lot example of looking for 'day labor.' I've always been in favor of Voter ID and proof of citizenship for things like driver's licenses. To borrow a well worn cliche, I'm not liberal.

With all that agreement, including routine traffic stops we aren't going to get rid of millions those ways, which was one of my original points.

Kathianne
08-25-2015, 08:14 AM
I have read that because of the illegals and their tendency to throw trash everywhere and anywhere, we have had to shut down parks.

I've read that there are plans for them to start moving into states that haven't reached their quote. Fact.

NightTrain
08-25-2015, 08:40 AM
I'll agree with what you've said, including the parking lot example of looking for 'day labor.' I've always been in favor of Voter ID and proof of citizenship for things like driver's licenses. To borrow a well worn cliche, I'm not liberal.

lol, I would be the last to accuse you of such - I'm working through this massive problem and trying to figure it out as we go along. Don't mistake my musings and thoughts for snark, that's definitely not my intention here.

Your VDH article was gold, as it provided several insights as to some logical steps that could be taken.

With all that agreement, including routine traffic stops we aren't going to get rid of millions those ways, which was one of my original points.

Well... I respectfully disagree here.

Even with Bambam's illegal full-stop enforcement of immigrant deportations, ICE alone still had contact with over 722,000 illegals in 2013 :

http://cis.org/sites/cis.org/files/2013-wrd.pdf

I'm confident that number would easily quadruple when the Boss tells them to do their job. Then there's the myriad of other LE agencies that would contribute to the... roundup, for lack of a better word.

I admit that this is speculation on my part, but I do know that our LE agencies are very efficient when they're not hampered by vapid orders from the top. It's not their fault that they're not doing their jobs right now, it's the boss' fault entirely.

Even if we only nabbed & booted 2 million annually, which I think is an extremely conservative estimate, over time this will make a very sizable dent in removing them from American soil. Especially combined with a wall to prevent boomerang expulsion.

bripat9643
08-25-2015, 06:28 PM

simple: threaten to impose a 50% tariff on all their exports to the United States. Also prevent family members to send money to Mexico. Those two things alone would come to far more than the cost of the wall.

Kathianne
08-25-2015, 07:17 PM
simple: threaten to impose a 50% tariff on all their exports to the United States. Also prevent family members to send money to Mexico. Those two things alone would come to far more than the cost of the wall.
You do realize that a significant part of China's problem today is protectionism?

Kathianne
08-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Again, I agree with all you've written, with the exception of the priorities in how to get there. Those 'illegals' that are here, not committing felonies are not readily identifiable, especially those with a good command of English.

As I said earlier, watched some of Trump tonight. One might think he was reading here. 'First the gangs would have to go,' he never got to a second group.

He also said, 'I'll get the good ones back as fast as possible, we need good people.' What that means? I'm assuming they go back to wherever and the 'good ones' have a fast track back.

Jeff
08-26-2015, 12:12 AM
As I said earlier, watched some of Trump tonight. One might think he was reading here. 'First the gangs would have to go,' he never got to a second group.

He also said, 'I'll get the good ones back as fast as possible, we need good people.' What that means? I'm assuming they go back to wherever and the 'good ones' have a fast track back.

Sounds logical to me :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Trump is turning into a politician real fast, I believe he has good idea's but no he can't possibly have every answer, but at least he has good ideas, to me that is a start in the right direction.

LongTermGuy
08-26-2015, 01:40 AM

but no he can't possibly have every answer, but at least he has good ideas, to me that is a start in the right direction.

*​No one knows what he knows....{and the people who "work for him" knows}...There is a reason why he continues to be successful through the years...so far results have been good to Donald Trump.

Kathianne
08-26-2015, 05:56 AM

Trump is turning into a politician real fast, I believe he has good idea's but no he can't possibly have every answer, but at least he has good ideas, to me that is a start in the right direction.

I am trying to understand what you're all thinking, help.

If everyone should have to come in 'legally', even the 'good ones,' how does a fast track back for 'once illegals' make sense? It sounds like an 'amnesty reality game.' No rewards to those that followed the rules in the first place, but some bars to jump for the ones who didn't. Underlying all of this is 'how the US gets them to 'go back' in the first place.

NightTrain
08-26-2015, 06:22 AM

If everyone should have to come in 'legally', even the 'good ones,' how does a fast track back for 'once illegals' make sense? It sounds like an 'amnesty reality game.' No rewards to those that followed the rules in the first place, but some bars to jump for the ones who didn't. Underlying all of this is 'how the US gets them to 'go back' in the first place.

Honestly, I'm not concerned with a 'fast track' to try and re-enter legally. My concern is getting the illegals out and it's their choice at that point to try and follow our laws to come back - but like I said earlier, those that are caught and deported should be banned from reentry IMO. Yes, it's harsh, but when there are real consequences for breaking laws it's a deterrent.

If he wants to institute a fast track, then that's fine. I don't think he's spelled out what that plan is, but it shouldn't be as difficult as other problems we're facing by a long shot.

I guess you didn't like my answer about how we round them all up... sorry. It seems reasonable & logical to me, though!

Kathianne
08-26-2015, 06:29 AM
Honestly, I'm not concerned with a 'fast track' to try and re-enter legally. My concern is getting the illegals out and it's their choice at that point to try and follow our laws to come back - but like I said earlier, those that are caught and deported should be banned from reentry IMO. Yes, it's harsh, but when there are real consequences for breaking laws it's a deterrent.

If he wants to institute a fast track, then that's fine. I don't think he's spelled out what that plan is, but it shouldn't be as difficult as other problems we're facing by a long shot.

I guess you didn't like my answer about how we round them all up... sorry. It seems reasonable & logical to me, though!

I had no problem with your first answer, I think I responded? I'm addressing what he said last evening in IA. He is getting more specific, which is a good thing no matter how one feels about him.

He said 'he'd start with the gangs,' on removing from country. I'd said I'd start with felons, so there's likely some overlap there, no? In any case, those would be among the 'bad ones.'

The fast track has to do with the 'good ones.' What I'm asking is how is this not a 'path' different than those that have been waiting, are still waiting in order to follow the rules? There's a 'reward' for coming in illegally, no?

NightTrain
08-26-2015, 06:43 AM
I had no problem with your first answer, I think I responded? I'm addressing what he said last evening in IA. He is getting more specific, which is a good thing no matter how one feels about him.

He said 'he'd start with the gangs,' on removing from country. I'd said I'd start with felons, so there's likely some overlap there, no? In any case, those would be among the 'bad ones.'

No reasonable person would have any problem whatsoever about deporting the alien gang bangers, and I assume he would direct ICE & FBI to focus on the known organizations first, like MS-13 or whatever it is.

The fast track has to do with the 'good ones.' What I'm asking is how is this not a 'path' different than those that have been waiting, are still waiting in order to follow the rules? There's a 'reward' for coming in illegally, no?

The ones that have been following the rules should get priority before the newly-exported ones are processed back in, for sure. He hasn't said they'll get preferential expedited treatment ahead of lawful applicants.

It does take some time for the immigration process and it could use some streamlining... but there's something to be said for a deliberate procedure to ensure thorough background checks, especially in this day and age.

Kathianne
08-26-2015, 06:45 AM
No reasonable person would have any problem whatsoever about deporting the alien gang bangers, and I assume he would direct ICE & FBI to focus on the known organizations first, like MS-13 or whatever it is.

The ones that have been following the rules should get priority before the newly-exported ones are processed back in, for sure. He hasn't said they'll get preferential expedited treatment ahead of lawful applicants.

It does take some time for the immigration process and it could use some streamlining... but there's something to be said for a deliberate procedure to ensure thorough background checks, especially in this day and age.

Again I agree with what you've said. The illegals should get at the back of the line though? Streamlined or not?

NightTrain
08-26-2015, 06:49 AM
Again I agree with what you've said. The illegals should get at the back of the line though? Streamlined or not?

Absolutely.

People with respect for the rule of law should never be penalized for doing so.

The 'fast track' reference does not exclude those already in line.

Jeff
08-26-2015, 06:50 AM

Ms. Kat my reply here was he can't have all the answers but I do like where is heading, Personally if they get deported then they have to come back legally, no fast track unless of course Trump is planning on having immigration do their jobs and do so without all the red tape. Think about Motor Vehicle, or if a person needs to apply for SS( just a couple of examples of how these workers work ) there is so much BS that goes on and so many people involved in the process of SS especially ( that one person could handle ) maybe he is going to just simply have people work, what takes 6 months now and 10 employees maybe he will have it to where one does the job in the appropriate time frame. Just a Guess Kat, but I see he has his businesses working smoothly. so who knows. My thing is, what we have isn't working, why not try a successful businessman's idea's, and it just so happens that his idea's are spot on, I am sure things have to be ironed out, but he will get it. Look we gave Obama 7 years now and he still hasn't done a dam thing, so for Trump to stumble ( if you want to call it that ) on one part of a question, I can forgive that.

Kathianne
08-26-2015, 06:53 AM
Ms. Kat my reply here was he can't have all the answers but I do like where is heading, Personally if they get deported then they have to come back legally, no fast track unless of course Trump is planning on having immigration do their jobs and do so without all the red tape. Think about Motor Vehicle, or if a person needs to apply for SS( just a couple of examples of how these workers work ) there is so much BS that goes on and so many people involved in the process of SS especially ( that one person could handle ) maybe he is going to just simply have people work, what takes 6 months now and 10 employees maybe he will have it to where one does the job in the appropriate time frame. Just a Guess Kat, but I see he has his businesses working smoothly. so who knows. My thing is, what we have isn't working, why not try a successful businessman's idea's, and it just so happens that his idea's are spot on, I am sure things have to be ironed out, but he will get it. Look we gave Obama 7 years now and he still hasn't done a dam thing, so for Trump to stumble ( if you want to call it that ) on one part of a question, I can forgive that.

Thanks. I still don't get it, but that certainly answers in the sense of 'trying.'

Jeff
08-26-2015, 06:55 AM
Thanks. I still don't get it, but that certainly answers in the sense of 'trying.'

Well Kat you know I express myself, well not so good sometimes ( to say the least ) but I tried. :laugh:

Kat you need to just come on and jump on the Trump Train, it is heading in the right direction, straight up out of the toilet.

Kathianne
08-26-2015, 06:56 AM
Well Kat you know I express myself, well not so good sometimes ( to say the least ) but I tried. :laugh:

Kat you need to just come on and jump on the Trump Train, it is heading in the right direction, straight up out of the toilet.

I don't see that in the tea leaves. ;) :laugh2:

Jeff
08-26-2015, 07:06 AM
I don't see that in the tea leaves. ;) :laugh2:

I didn't think so, but I tried :laugh::laugh:

Perianne
08-26-2015, 09:23 AM

And it could take a looooong time to get the recently-deported back in. Regardless, it would be at our pace, not theirs (illegals).