PDA

View Full Version : Mitt romney to jump in race, challenge trump?

Jeff
08-25-2015, 06:19 AM
Does Mitt have enough to stop the Trump train ? I don't think so, for better or worse I believe Trump is going to be our next President. Unless of course the Dems do some of that crooked sheot, but at this point Trump just looks unstoppable. He has a winning air about him and just seems to be a train taking no prisoners on the way to the WH.

Is this the latest strategy to help the Republican establishment fend off the seemingly unstoppable force of Donald Trump?
There are reports from political insiders that Mitt Romney, the GOP presidential nominee in 2012, is now considering an entry into the 2016 race for the White House.
The rumor was fueled by former Trump adviser Roger Stone, who tweeted: “With the weak performance of @JebBush my sources tell me @MittRomney is reconsidering getting in.”
Stone appeared on CNN over the weekend to discuss his theory Romney may run.

Trump was asked about Romney and this was his response.

"He let us down. Mitt Romney let us down,' Trump told reporters conference before a town-hall event in Derry, New Hampshire. "He should have won that election. He failed. He choked."
The billionaire developer said Romney's loss was "no different than a golfer that misses a putt on the 18th hole. No different than a man who strikes out – a baseball player."
"Mitt Romney should've won that election, and he didn't. Something happened to him," Trump alleged. "And that's not going to happen to me."
When asked if he, himself, had ever failed, Trump responded: "I don't – not often."

The Guy sure enough has a quick answer for all questions, and hell they are always arrogant, but they always put him in the winning light.

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=4301673%3ATopic%3A3874059&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

Kathianne
08-25-2015, 06:24 AM
One thing not needed is more candidates for the conservatives. LOL!

Jeff
08-25-2015, 06:39 AM
One thing not needed is more candidates for the conservatives. LOL!

I agree, I always liked Romney and believe this Country would be in a lot better shape if he had won, and if Trump wasn't running even though he has lost before he would be my man, but I just don't see anyone ( at this point ) beating Trump. He has people fired up, he is saying what many are thinking, of course he is politicking and I am sure much of what he says is all BS, but at least it is what folks want to to hear.

At this point the GOP needs to get rid of some of the dead weight they are carrying around, 17 is just to large a number and lets face it many of them have a better chance of getting pregnant then they do of winning the big prize, time to come to reality and step back for some.

Kathianne
08-25-2015, 06:45 AM
I agree, I always liked Romney and believe this Country would be in a lot better shape if he had won, and if Trump wasn't running even though he has lost before he would be my man, but I just don't see anyone ( at this point ) beating Trump. He has people fired up, he is saying what many are thinking, of course he is politicking and I am sure much of what he says is all BS, but at least it is what folks want to to hear.

At this point the GOP needs to get rid of some of the dead weight they are carrying around, 17 is just to large a number and lets face it many of them have a better chance of getting pregnant then they do of winning the big prize, time to come to reality and step back for some.

Time will tell regarding Trump. 16 of them have a better chance of becoming the nominee, the answer to be decided is which 16. LOL!

You may well be right about Trump, I'm not ruling it out by a long shot. I do think though that would guarantee a big split in the party. I also don't think he can win the presidency, so that will mean more Obama.

Jeff
08-25-2015, 07:02 AM
Time will tell regarding Trump. 16 of them have a better chance of becoming the nominee, the answer to be decided is which 16. LOL!

You may well be right about Trump, I'm not ruling it out by a long shot. I do think though that would guarantee a big split in the party. I also don't think he can win the presidency, so that will mean more Obama.

Kat a couple of months ago I was right with ya, heck I never thought he would of carried this run for the presidency this far, but he is starting to look pretty serious and I do believe he is going to see it out. I could be wrong of course but it just seems like people love him. After Obama with all the back door deals and all that trash I think people are really open to a guy that is yelling out what they are thinking, no matter how UN political correct it is, hell I read where he even has Dems following him, yes he will get some of the older ( stuffed shirts ) to split the party but I don't think it will make that much of a difference. Personally I think they are all a bunch of pussies and when they see Trump get the ticket ( if he does ) I think they will fall in line with him, they are to much of pussies not to, hell if they had any Balls the country wouldn't be in the shape it is.

Kathianne
08-25-2015, 07:07 AM
Kat a couple of months ago I was right with ya, heck I never thought he would of carried this run for the presidency this far, but he is starting to look pretty serious and I do believe he is going to see it out. I could be wrong of course but it just seems like people love him. After Obama with all the back door deals and all that trash I think people are really open to a guy that is yelling out what they are thinking, no matter how UN political correct it is, hell I read where he even has Dems following him, yes he will get some of the older ( stuffed shirts ) to split the party but I don't think it will make that much of a difference. Personally I think they are all a bunch of pussies and when they see Trump get the ticket ( if he does ) I think they will fall in line with him, they are to much of pussies not to, hell if they had any Balls the country wouldn't be in the shape it is.

I respect that you and many others feel that way. I think however that the analysis is wrong about those with equally serious concerns are going to fall in line.

Again, only time will tell.

Jeff
08-25-2015, 07:20 AM
I respect that you and many others feel that way. I think however that the analysis is wrong about those with equally serious concerns are going to fall in line.

Again, only time will tell.

So very true, but I sense folks getting excited, I believe people are so sick and tired of the liar in the WH his wife and all the BS that has went on the last 7 years that they are truly listening ( and in many cases believing ) everything Trump is saying. People are tired of the BS, we have become a Country that can't fly a Rebel flag but we can light the WH up with the gay flag, if you believe Gay marriage is wrong you are out of touch, we criticize everything the police do and say they are bad but yet the guy they shot pointed a gun at them, meanwhile the same weekend a little girl doing her homework is killed but not a word, yes people are sick and tired of the Liberal way and as of right now anyway, they are following Trump because he has the loudest voice screaming we are done with all that trash.

I believe Trump seals the deal if he gets on the whole Black lives matter thing, let him start telling the truth as the black woman did in the video Sassy posted ( which was all spot on ) and I believe the people at that point would follow Trump where ever he wants to go, the guy is just saying all the right things, will he stand by them, will he even be there at the end, yup it is making this a exciting election.

NightTrain
08-25-2015, 07:37 AM
Romney had his chance, and he did choke.

If he were in the race now, I think he'd be down in the #12 to #15 region in the polls... he's not very exciting. Lots better than Obama, for sure, but that's not saying much.

It's looking like it's going to come down to Cruz or Trump for the nomination... but yeah, it's still very early.

Lots of time for someone to pull this maneuver :

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9j6xm7e5bJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep! Multiple millions of dollars and thousands of man hours down the drain in 6 seconds flat! :laugh2: