PDA

View Full Version : Romans 12:14-21

fj1200
08-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Romans 12:14-21 (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+12:14-21)

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

fj1200
08-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another;

darin
08-27-2015, 12:03 PM

I prefer it like this:

Let love be genuine.
· ho· agapē · anypokritos.

anypokritos - unfeigned, real, sincere.

feigned, fake, insincere love says "I will show you how I feel AFTER you meet my demands." Insincere love says "Okay, you've met my qualifications (done the dishes, vacuumed, gave me rep points, made dinner, etc.), therefore I will grant you two hours of (insert nice thing).

bullypulpit
09-05-2015, 07:10 AM

Not something self-designated "conservative Christians" in this country are very good at.

darin
09-05-2015, 08:07 AM
Not something self-designated "conservative Christians" in this country are very good at.

You're wrong. You say stuff like that because you're a little passive agressive. it's a non-point. It's like "People kill others" - bfd. It's so broadly inaccurate yet still allows you to pretend have any idea wtf you're talking about.

It's like saying "Atheists eat babies!" OMG! YES! Altheists are BAD! It has shock value. It's retarded. Could be the babies they eat are baby sheep. Or baby fish. Doesn't matter. I want to stir shit up to try and make a point that's so overly broad and improvable nobody dare argue with me.

If you know TWO conservative christian people, and those two folks are somehow mean to others you have made your point.

Truth is, Every conservative christian I've met is a sweetheart in their sincerity - if misguided by what they think is right. In FACT, from a numbers game, I've met more kind christians than I have 'tolerant homosexuals'.

SO - if I wanna be you I say "Folks who like homosexuality as a habbit/hobby/practice are intolerant assholes!" because I've met three who are. Doesn't matter if i've known 20 folks in that category who are fantastic people. I'm bullypulpit! I'm a weak-minded liberal God hater! I want to make statements which on the surface seem bold and powerful, but when really looked at with critical thought actually mean DICK. They mean horseshit.

So - proverbially cover your cry-hole (in this case, think before you type); drop your self-righteousness WAY down, and be NICE to christians because its the right thing to do.

Good day sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

:)

gabosaurus
09-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Truth is, Every conservative christian I've met is a sweetheart in their sincerity - if misguided by what they think is right. In FACT, from a numbers game, I've met more kind christians than I have 'tolerant homosexuals'.

SO - if I wanna be you I say "Folks who like homosexuality as a habbit/hobby/practice are intolerant assholes!" because I've met three who are. Doesn't matter if i've known 20 folks in that category who are fantastic people. I'm bullypulpit! I'm a weak-minded liberal God hater! I want to make statements which on the surface seem bold and powerful, but when really looked at with critical thought actually mean DICK. They mean horseshit.

Sorry bro. I have met tons of kind Christians AND tolerant homosexuals. You believe otherwise because you have a closed mind and are used to dealing with people who have to agree with you and say "yes, sir!" while they are doing so.
Which means, on the surface your post seems bold and powerful. But when really looked at with critical and tolerant thought, actually mean DICK. Not to mention horseshit.

Dismissed! :drillsarge:

Gunny
09-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Sorry bro. I have met tons of kind Christians AND tolerant homosexuals. You believe otherwise because you have a closed mind and are used to dealing with people who have to agree with you and say "yes, sir!" while they are doing so.
Which means, on the surface your post seems bold and powerful. But when really looked at with critical and tolerant thought, actually mean DICK. Not to mention horseshit.

Which means on the surface your post makes no sense?

So YOU are dismissed. You don't even know what the command of execution "dismissed" means.

darin
09-05-2015, 11:34 AM

Clearly proof you have no clue what youre replying too. Hooked on phonics may help you?

gabosaurus
09-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Both of your attempts at deflections are denied.

fj1200
09-05-2015, 12:46 PM

Hardly anyone is good at it.

fj1200
09-05-2015, 12:48 PM
11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.

tailfins
09-05-2015, 03:01 PM
You're wrong. You say stuff like that because you're a little passive agressive. it's a non-point. It's like "People kill others" - bfd. It's so broadly inaccurate yet still allows you to pretend have any idea wtf you're talking about.

It's like saying "Atheists eat babies!" OMG! YES! Altheists are BAD! It has shock value. It's retarded. Could be the babies they eat are baby sheep. Or baby fish. Doesn't matter. I want to stir shit up to try and make a point that's so overly broad and improvable nobody dare argue with me.

If you know TWO conservative christian people, and those two folks are somehow mean to others you have made your point.

So - proverbially cover your cry-hole (in this case, think before you type); drop your self-righteousness WAY down, and be NICE to christians because its the right thing to do.

Good day sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!

:)

The way you decide between a null and alternative hypothesis is to test it. Try spending time in Provincetown, Mass. while somehow showing that you're a conservative Christian. To document the test, wear a hidden camera. You will then have test results that will enable you to decide whether the null or alternative hypothesis is true.

fj1200
09-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse..

Black Diamond
09-08-2015, 01:43 PM

Very difficult.

fj1200
09-08-2015, 03:35 PM
Very difficult.

Very true.

fj1200
09-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep..

Abbey Marie
09-08-2015, 06:07 PM
John 11:35. "Jesus wept."

fj1200
09-09-2015, 09:40 AM
Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion..

fj1200
09-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men..

Gunny
09-23-2015, 03:15 PM

Says the goof whose party breed and bleeds nothing but hatred and fear. Just brilliant. You got a closing act?

Gunny
09-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Both of your attempts at deflections are denied.

Who's deflecting? The passive aggressive ding dongs pretending they aren't the ones trying to spread fear and hate? Or the rest of us who are just calling it what is and responding?

Gunny
09-23-2015, 03:25 PM
The way you decide between a null and alternative hypothesis is to test it. Try spending time in Provincetown, Mass. while somehow showing that you're a conservative Christian. To document the test, wear a hidden camera. You will then have test results that will enable you to decide whether the null or alternative hypothesis is true.

How do you "show" you're a Christian? I don't see a whole bunch of Christians walking around announcing "I'm a Christian". What I DO see is leftwingnuts acting as if the vocal minority who usually have screwball ideals speak for us all. Just another misdirection play on the left's part.

fj1200
09-24-2015, 11:53 AM
If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men..

Gunny
09-24-2015, 12:47 PM

Note the caveat: if it is possible. From what I've seen, most people want a war. War deflects from actually doing something, and they are usually fought for reasons other than stated.

Abbey Marie
09-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Note the caveat: if it is possible. From what I've seen, most people want a war. War deflects from actually doing something, and they are usually fought for reasons other than stated.

Honest question: Does that belief make it hard to put your life on the line? Unless of course you know and are comfortable with, the unstated real reason.

Gunny
09-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Does that belief make it hard to put your life on the line? Unless if course you know and are comfortable with, the unstated real reason.

Ha. Good question. When you're young and dumb you don't see it that way. I wanted to fight for my country. I thought we were good, clean, mom n apple pie. I was raised in a military family. I knew nothing else. And, I was a BAD teenager living in Miami. I wasn't a good guy. We'll just leave that one there. So, while I DID believe in serving the country since it was instilled from birth, I also joined the Marines to escape. I didn't want to live the way I was living.

That's why when I hear all these excuses blaming the white man or whoever for their circumstances I call bullshit. Get the f- out. Grow some 'nads and get out and quit the whiny excuses. The only thing standing between "you" and getting somewhere is air and opportunity and you're using up all the air.

Anyway, you don't get a clue until about 12-13 years. In the military we got this saying ... you spend 10 years trying to make rank and the next 10 trying to keep it. After about 13 years, you're just looking for a reason. You're burnt out, hurt, and begin realizing you're just part of a political game. All this "God Bless America" crap is about power and money. We got sold for gold to one of the most backwards-assed countries in the Middle East.

I don't go on base. I wear a ball cap that says "Marines". That's it. I've had nothing to do with the military since I retired. And I guess you could say there's some bitterness there.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-24-2015, 02:42 PM
Ha. Good question. When you're young and dumb you don't see it that way. I wanted to fight for my country. I thought we were good, clean, mom n apple pie. I was raised in a military family. I knew nothing else. And, I was a BAD teenager living in Miami. I wasn't a good guy. We'll just leave that one there. So, while I DID believe in serving the country since it was instilled from birth, I also joined the Marines to escape. I didn't want to live the way I was living.

That's why when I hear all these excuses blaming the white man or whoever for their circumstances I call bullshit. Get the f- out. Grow some 'nads and get out and quit the whiny excuses. The only thing standing between "you" and getting somewhere is air and opportunity and you're using up all the air.

Anyway, you don't get a clue until about 12-13 years. In the military we got this saying ... you spend 10 years trying to make rank and the next 10 trying to keep it. After about 13 years, you're just looking for a reason. You're burnt out, hurt, and begin realizing you're just part of a political game. All this "God Bless America" crap is about power and money. We got sold for gold to one of the most backwards-assed countries in the Middle East.

I don't go on base. I wear a ball cap that says "Marines". That's it. I've had nothing to do with the military since I retired. And I guess you could say there's some bitterness there.:laugh:

Thanks for the reply, Gunny. I totally respect your view- you have lived it.

When I volunteer at our airport USO, I see all these really young guys coming through, and it makes me think about where they are going, will they come back, will they be disillusioned? Probably having an older brother who was drafted into Viet Nam made me start to think that way.

Gunny
09-24-2015, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the reply, Gunny. I totally respect your view- you have lived it.

When I volunteer at our airport USO, I see all these really young guys coming through, and it makes me think about where they are going, will they come back, will they be disillusioned? Probably having an older brother who was drafted into Viet Nam made me start to think that way.

Half the time I don't know what to think. I know when they tried to send me to recruiter school I volunteered for Drill Instructor duty so fast the road runner couldn't have kept up. :laugh: I look at these kids and I just see me, and everyone I served with. The disillusionment is there right about the time you hit those yellow footprints on T-1. Then you find out Marines don't wear dress blues as a service uniform. It's olive green. THEN you find out Marines deploy on ships for 6 months at a time. THEN you find out that between deployments you get to stay in 29 Palms CA where it's only 115 degrees every day. All of which your recruiter failed to mention.:laugh:

And I've watched Marines melt down over it. Didn't care how much trouble they got in as long as they could just get out. THAT I never understood. You made a deal and signed on the dotted line. Honor your word.

And you know what? I'd do it all over again even knowing what I know now. I was one of the best and something you can't buy.

BTW ... thanks for YOUR service at the USO. It DOES mean a lot.

Abbey Marie
09-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Half the time I don't know what to think. I know when they tried to send me to recruiter school I volunteered for Drill Instructor duty so fast the road runner couldn't have kept up. :laugh: I look at these kids and I just see me, and everyone I served with. The disillusionment is there right about the time you hit those yellow footprints on T-1. Then you find out Marines don't wear dress blues as a service uniform. It's olive green. THEN you find out Marines deploy on ships for 6 months at a time. THEN you find out that between deployments you get to stay in 29 Palms CA where it's only 115 degrees every day. All of which your recruiter failed to mention.:laugh:

And I've watched Marines melt down over it. Didn't care how much trouble they got in as long as they could just get out. THAT I never understood. You made a deal and signed on the dotted line. Honor your word.

And you know what? I'd do it all over again even knowing what I know now. I was one of the best and something you can't buy.

BTW ... thanks for YOUR service at the USO. It DOES mean a lot.

Thank you, Gunny. The soldiers, etc., show such gratitude for whatever we give them.
I always feel like I am doing so little. (Except when I'm cleaning urinals- then I feel very giving, lol).

I can say that everyone there, from staff to the volunteers, is sincerely happy to be able to help in any small way we can.

Gunny
09-24-2015, 03:51 PM
Thank you, Gunny. The soldiers, etc., show such gratitude for whatever we give them.
I always feel like I am doing so little. (Except when I'm cleaning urinals- then I feel very giving, lol).

I can say that everyone there, from staff to the volunteers, is sincerely happy to be able to help in any small way we can.

You are NOT doing little. NEVER think that. I STILL know the name of the woman that gave me a meal on Hill Street in Oceanside in 1980.

I always hear this this junk, but to me, you don't have to wear a uniform to serve. All you have to do is want to serve and do something. You're as important as any one of us, Abs. Don't think otherwise. You have NO idea how many of those lonely little boys away from home remember you.

fj1200
09-25-2015, 10:34 AM
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”[a (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+12:14-21#fen-NKJV-28265a)] says the Lord. 20 Therefore

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;

If he is thirsty, give him a drink;

For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”.

Lightening
09-27-2015, 01:18 PM

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Verse 9
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

Thank you for sharing this scripture.

fj1200
09-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good..

fj1200
09-29-2015, 01:17 PM
In its entirety:

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. 16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,”[a (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+12:14-21#fen-NKJV-28265a)] says the Lord. 20 Therefore

“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;

If he is thirsty, give him a drink;

For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

fj1200
09-29-2015, 01:20 PM
What is the Christian response to those with whom we have disagreements:

4. Payback Time?

Gunny
09-29-2015, 03:17 PM
What is the Christian response to those with whom we have disagreements:

4. Payback Time?

Words. Why is it a Christian response? How about "render unto Caesar what is his"? Being American has its dues.

fj1200
09-29-2015, 10:06 PM
Words. Why is it a Christian response? How about "render unto Caesar what is his"? Being American has its dues.

Perchance "response by a Christian" would have been a better choice of verbiage.

tailfins
09-29-2015, 10:14 PM
How do you "show" you're a Christian? I don't see a whole bunch of Christians walking around announcing "I'm a Christian". What I DO see is leftwingnuts acting as if the vocal minority who usually have screwball ideals speak for us all. Just another misdirection play on the left's part.

In Provincetown, Mass., wearing a cross lapel pin ought to do it. Let's just see how well a person would be received there like that. Here's a little info on P-Town so you can see what I'm getting at.

The Provincetown Business Guild (PBG) is a non-profit organization that helps maintain the #1 Gay Community in America by promoting Provincetown to the GLBT market worldwide, producing such events as the much loved Carnival – the height of Ptown’s summer celebration and Holly Folly – the world’s only GLBT holiday festival.

http://ptown.org/

Gunny
09-29-2015, 11:42 PM
In Provincetown, Mass., wearing a cross lapel pin ought to do it. Let's just see how well a person would be received there like that. Here's a little info on P-Town so you can see what I'm getting at.

Did you notice I used the word "minority"? And who cares what they think there? Some little burg in nowhereville. THAT sure represents the majority in this country. SHould I bring my confederate battle standard t-shirt too? AND my pickup truck, redwing boots, wrangler jeans and camo ball cap? Suppose you'd want me to shave too. And I'd be sure and buy the biggest damned cross on a chain I could find. And shine it up real good.

BTW, though, I'm Baptist. We don't wear crosses. Unless it'll make someone whine then it's worth it.

Nonnie
09-30-2015, 03:25 AM

Verse 19

We may feel like settling the matter by hurting the other person but this is not for us. If our enemy needs punishment, God will take care of it. Instead of feeling sorry for ourselves, we need to think of who is taking care of us. We may rest in His decision about what is best.

indago
09-30-2015, 03:56 AM
Verse 19

We may feel like settling the matter by hurting the other person but this is not for us. If our enemy needs punishment, God will take care of it. Instead of feeling sorry for ourselves, we need to think of who is taking care of us. We may rest in His decision about what is best.

If "God will take care of it", why do we have Death Penalty laws? Trials? It's just not the Christian thing to do. Let the perp go his way, and "God will take care of it"!

Gunny
09-30-2015, 10:33 PM
If "God will take care of it", why do we have Death Penalty laws? Trials? It's just not the Christian thing to do. Let the perp go his way, and "God will take care of it"!

Rhetorical questions? Or circular?

indago
10-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Rhetorical questions? Or circular?

Just a query concerning "God will take care of it"!

Abbey Marie
10-01-2015, 10:56 AM

Gays always choose the prettiest places. :p

fj1200
10-02-2015, 03:16 PM
3. Broken Relations
4. Payback Time

Gunny
10-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Just a query concerning "God will take care of it"!

In the end, we ALL pay. I'm very technical, analytical and logical but we can play ....

If I'm God (Lord help ALL you fuckers:laugh:) and I want something taken out, I set him up as the worst bad guy in history. It doesn't even have to be worst in history, Worst in the last 20 years seems to work on the simps. History is something we don't learn from even though it's pointed out that we need to.

In order to set someone up as a bad guy requires sacrifice.

Beyond that, no clue. I don't try to figure out God.

fj1200
10-06-2015, 11:21 AM
2. Quiet Alienation
3. Broken Relations
4. Payback Time

Gunny
10-06-2015, 02:30 PM
2. Quiet Alienation
3. Broken Relations
4. Payback Time

Sounds like a gameplan to me.

fj1200
10-07-2015, 08:35 AM
Sounds like a gameplan to me.

Kind of.

Gunny
10-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Kind of.

Actually sounds like my life. :laugh:

fj1200
10-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Actually sounds like my life. :laugh:

Seek #1. ;)

fj1200
10-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Romans 12:14-21

1. Peacemaking
2. Quiet Alienation
3. Broken Relations
4. Payback Time

How do we interact with those whom we have strained relations?

Gunny
10-07-2015, 12:50 PM
Romans 12:14-21

1. Peacemaking
2. Quiet Alienation
3. Broken Relations
4. Payback Time

How do we interact with those whom we have strained relations?

Usually depends on them, doesn't it?

fj1200
10-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Usually depends on them, doesn't it?

Sometimes.

18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you...

Gunny
10-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Sometimes.

I'm a very benign person. I'm big, strong and can be Hell on wheels. I got nothing to prove. Usually just quiet and observant.

If ANYONE can get along with my ex I want to know who the Hell it is. My second ex I get along with fine.