PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy football draft pick

Abbey Marie
08-25-2015, 02:29 PM
We had our draft last night, and I happened to get the 1st pick. Just out of curiosity, if this happened to you, who would you have chosen? Are you a believer, as many are, in getting the best RB you can first, no matter what? Or is there someone in another position who you really would want to have on your team?

I'll say who I did pick, after some comments.

Jeff
08-25-2015, 02:57 PM
Personally ( and I am probably wrong in most peoples opinions ) but I would say a great QB first , but to me you need receivers , running backs and one hell of a defense to be #1. A team can do wonders with a great Defense but they still have to put at least one score on the board, I say QB because he is your leader ( although I have seen super star RB's take the lead usually it is the QB )

Perianne
08-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Quarterback first.

gabosaurus
08-25-2015, 04:44 PM
I have never had a fantasy team and don't really understand the appeal. But I do know that your first choice needs to be a quarterback. Preferably from a really good team with a low chance for injury. Or less likelihood to be suspended or smacked in the jaw by a teammate. :p

Abbey Marie
08-25-2015, 05:46 PM
I have been doing fantasy football for 4 years, and I can tell you that the "experts", and just about everyone I draft with chooses an RB first. Good QBs are actually easier to get on your team.

Perianne
08-25-2015, 06:09 PM
I have been doing fantasy football for 4 years, and I can tell you that the "experts", and just about everyone I draft with chooses an RB first. Good QBs are actually easier to get on your team.

What I said about quarterbacks first applies to actual football. I have no idea about fantasy football, so I should not have said anything.

Russ
08-25-2015, 06:29 PM
QB first, especially if you picked Andrew Luck! :cool:

jimnyc
08-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Take the following and you cannot go wrong:

RB - Le'veon Bell
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
WR - Antonio Brown

Jeff
08-26-2015, 03:33 PM

RB - Le'veon Bell
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
WR - Antonio Brown

Jim when did you start disliking Abbey ? I thought y'all where friends ? :dunno:

jimnyc
08-26-2015, 03:37 PM
Jim when did you start disliking Abbey ? I thought y'all where friends ? :dunno:

She's a Giants fan, she's the enemy :poke:

Jeff
08-26-2015, 03:40 PM
She's a Giants fan, she's the enemy :poke:

Understood :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Black Diamond
08-26-2015, 04:10 PM
Did anyone pick up Green Bay's other receiver? His stock should have shot through the stratosphere.

jimnyc
08-26-2015, 04:24 PM
^^ Not me, I don't do the fantasy football, too hard and I'm too dumb. I would pick all steelers players all the time and lose all my money. :)

Perianne
08-26-2015, 04:28 PM
^^ Not me, I don't do the fantasy football, too hard and I'm too dumb. I would pick all steelers players all the time and lose all my money. :)

Then pick Cowboys.

jimnyc
08-26-2015, 04:31 PM
Then pick Cowboys.

It's one thing to lose, it's another to be laughed at. If I picked nothing but Cowboys they would put a helmet on me and stick me in the short bus. :)

http://i.imgur.com/0ZighJ0.jpg

Abbey Marie
08-26-2015, 11:41 PM

Ooh, I wish you were in my league! I love homer fans, they are my favorite opponents (right after the ones who forget their star RB is on a BYE, lol).

jimnyc
08-27-2015, 11:43 AM
Ooh, I wish you were in my league! I love homer fans, they are my favorite opponents (right after the ones who forget their star RB is on a BYE, lol).

That's why I stay away from it. I play with my heart and not with my brain. Even when doing regular picks, no spread, I'll pick the Steelers 16 weeks out of 16, regardless of opponent. :)

Abbey Marie
08-27-2015, 01:09 PM
That's why I stay away from it. I play with my heart and not with my brain. Even when doing regular picks, no spread, I'll pick the Steelers 16 weeks out of 16, regardless of opponent. :)

I was just kidding with you. But you are a better person than I. I will pretty much pick anyone who will help me win.

Although that one year, I did refuse to draft Golden Tate. I have some standards. :cool:

Elessar
08-27-2015, 05:20 PM
Personally ( and I am probably wrong in most peoples opinions ) but I would say a great QB first , but to me you need receivers , running backs and one hell of a defense to be #1. A team can do wonders with a great Defense but they still have to put at least one score on the board, I say QB because he is your leader ( although I have seen super star RB's take the lead usually it is the QB )

Without a good offensive line, no QB or RB will make a difference. Only exception to that was Barry Sanders.
He is damn near a god now, but would have been unbelievable with a better line.

Troy Aikman was only average as a QB, but had a great line, for example.

Tony Dorsett, the mouthy punk, would not have survived without Dallas' great Line...(and
I am a Redskins Fan).

My friend's brother was a defensive end at WVU that got Dorsett
thrown out of the game after gaining only 37 yards...spiked the ball in Chuck's face after
being thrown for a loss. Chuck shadowed him ala Troy Pom...threw him for losses 4 times.
The coach told Chuck to follow him, even if he went to take a pee...Chuck Smith was mean!

The Redskins HOGs are another good example, with Riggins being one of them...6'3 and 245 with 4.6 speed.

Elessar
08-27-2015, 05:26 PM
...but, Sorry....

I do not do fantasy football.

I was a college linebacker years ago and hung up my cleats after playing
in military leagues at age 39. 6'00 and 213, 4.5 speed. Pretty fast
for a white boy!:laugh:

I just cannot live vicariously through fantasy..

My pardons to those that like the genre.

Abbey Marie
08-27-2015, 05:32 PM
...but, Sorry....

I do not do fantasy football.

I was a college linebacker years ago and hung up my cleats after playing
in military leagues at age 39. 6'00 and 213, 4.5 speed. Pretty fast
for a white boy!:laugh:

I just cannot live vicariously through fantasy..

My pardons to those that like the genre.

And I am a woman with a 24 year old daughter. How is my playing in a fantasy league living vicariously?

Elessar
08-27-2015, 06:03 PM
And I am a woman with a 24 year old daughter. How is my playing in a fantasy league living vicariously?

Many, many guys do M'Lady.

Some never even played the game...but get so spun up in it.

One former co-worker was 5'5 and 115 lbs, but talked a mean game.
A helmet would have spun on his head... Complete wimp, but supposed expert...:laugh:

Abbey Marie
08-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Many, many guys do M'Lady.

Some never even played the game...but get so spun up in it.

One former co-worker was 5'5 and 115 lbs, but talked a mean game.
A helmet would have spun on his head... Complete wimp, but supposed expert...:laugh:

I can assure you, I have no visions of playing football. :laugh2:

And we do not even play for $$. It is just for the pure fun of strategizing and winning.

That, I like.

Russ
08-27-2015, 08:59 PM

RB - Le'veon Bell
QB - Ben Roethlisberger
WR - Antonio Brown

Ahh, I begin to understand the Steelers pillow in the picture now. Also the presence of this icon... :gs: