Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-25-2015, 07:20 PM
double post...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-25-2015, 07:23 PM
http://www.eater.com/2015/8/25/9206507/nashville-waffle-house-homeless-veteran

Waffle House Refused to Serve a Homeless Veteran
by Brenna Houck Aug 25, 2015, 1:01p @BrennaHouck

The restaurant claims he threatened staff.

A Nashville-area Waffle House is serving today's helping of fresh and greasy
controversy. Musician Jesse Brand tells NBC he was out for a bite to eat at
the chain on Saturday night when he encountered homeless veteran Roger Hornsby
and invited him to dinner. "I saw this guy hobbling across the parking lot
with a cane," he says. However, inside the Waffle House the evening turned ugly
when an employee at the restaurant insisted Hornsby leave. "Within 30-40 seconds,
the gal behind the counter said, ‘You two can stay, he's got to leave,'"
recounts Brand. "She said, ‘His shirt's dirty. He can't be in here.'" Brand then
turned to the manager and said he would never be back again and drove himself
and Hornsby to a different Waffle House.

"She said, ‘His shirt's dirty. He can't be in here.'"

The veteran later revealed to Brand that he sleeps on an embankment beside the
restaurant. During a prior incident, Hornsby said the Waffle House refused to
return his wheelchair and sleeping bag. When Hornsby inquired about the items
later, a worker allegedly said, "We threw it away."

In a statement to NBC, Waffle House vice president Pat Warner says the company
is pulling surveillance tape to confirm that employees had been harassed by
Hornsby. "We want everybody to feel welcomed at Waffle House," Warner says.
"We want everyone to feel welcomed in. In this case, however, that patron was
asked to leave the property because of threatening our associates. The safety
of our associates and customers is as important as it being a welcoming place."

Meanwhile, the offending Waffle House has returned Hornsby's belongings. Brand —
who "spent several years off and on homeless" — says the way Waffle House treated
Hornby was "deplorable." He plans to hold a benefit concert in support of the
homeless veteran.

Waffle House — which sees its fair share of robberies, murders, and pie-incited
violence— plays host to similar charitable drama too. Earlier this year, a five-year-old
customer set a high bar for humanity by insisting his mother treat a homeless man to a meal..

This type of treatment of our veterans is getting more numerous methinks.
I blame that on dems and the lousy liberal education system that they have engineered to their advantage. -Tyr

Jeff
08-25-2015, 07:25 PM
Another place I wont be eating.

tailfins
08-25-2015, 07:30 PM
Awful house.... Who needs the reheated crap they call food?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-25-2015, 07:36 PM
Awful house.... Who needs the reheated crap they call food?

See there...
You can actually post with civility and with a bit of wisdom when ya try... :clap:--Tyr

gabosaurus
08-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Another place I wont be eating.

Further down in the story, it says that the pair went to another Waffle House and were "treated like kings."

Obviously this was a problem with the staff at this particular restaurant, not the chain itself.
I would hope that Waffle House cleans house and fires all those who participated in this disgusting event.
Cracker Barrel did so a couple of years ago when one of their "restaurants" tossed out some soldiers.

Jeff
08-25-2015, 09:14 PM
Further down in the story, it says that the pair went to another Waffle House and were "treated like kings."

Obviously this was a problem with the staff at this particular restaurant, not the chain itself.
I would hope that Waffle House cleans house and fires all those who participated in this disgusting event.
Cracker Barrel did so a couple of years ago when one of their "restaurants" tossed out some soldiers.

Gabs I live just a few miles from Interstate 85 so we have the Waffle houses all over here and yea you can easily see they are individually owned, one side of town they are clean and the other filthy,but I will let you in on a secret, it was real easy for me to say I won't eat there anymore cause I didn't like the place from the get go. The question is, why after being treated so rudely at one would they even go to another, hell there waffles aren't all that. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Gabs I live just a few miles from Interstate 85 so we have the Waffle houses all over here and yea you can easily see they are individually owned, one side of town they are clean and the other filthy,but I will let you in on a secret, it was real easy for me to say I won't eat there anymore cause I didn't like the place from the get go. The question is, why after being treated so rudely at one would they even go to another, hell there waffles aren't all that. :laugh:

Wafflehouse here has great chili.. I go every other month just to get a large bowl of chili--way off my diet but hell I ain't going to tell on me! :laugh:--Tyr

Jeff
08-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Wafflehouse here has great chili.. I go every other month just to get a large bowl of chili--way off my diet but hell I ain't going to tell on me! :laugh:--Tyr

Hell Bro here in GA if you want to go out to eat after 9 at night you go to the Waffle House or a truck stop ( we have 3 of the big names right in town off the highway ) so between that and the fact that I spent 25 years on the road eating that garbage ( most Waffle Houses have room to pull a truck and trailer in ) yup I will stick with they suck. :laugh: Now every now and then I will go and get the hash browns with everything on them, hell sausage gravy, chili, jalapenos, cheese you name it it's in there, but as soon as you finish eating you had better be on the way home. :laugh: