PDA

View Full Version : Carson closing on Trump in Iowa

jimnyc
08-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson has emerged as a leading Republican presidential candidate in Iowa and is closing in on frontrunner Donald Trump in the state that hosts the first 2016 nomination balloting contest.

The latest Bloomberg Politics/Des Moines Register Iowa Poll shows billionaire Trump with the support of 23 percent of likely Republican caucus participants, followed by Carson at 18 percent. When first and second choices are combined, Carson is tied with Trump.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-08-29/ben-carson-edging-close-to-front-runner-trump-in-latest-iowa-poll

NightTrain
08-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Impressive! Carson may have a shot at this after all.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Impressive! Carson may have a shot at this after all.

If they join , then they will be totally unstoppable IMHO.
Also if Trump takes Cruz as a running mate, same thing methinks.-Tyr

NightTrain
08-30-2015, 12:02 PM

Yeah, I like Cruz as well... but it appears he's tanking like the others.

Abbey Marie
08-30-2015, 12:29 PM
I really hate to say this, but, don't get your hopes up too much for Dr. Carson. No one I like this much from the start ever gets the nomination.

(but secretly, I am still hopeful... :cool:)

tailfins
08-30-2015, 12:38 PM

I guess insisting that Presidential candidates regardless of party proving they are trustworthy is passe'. I hope Ted Cruz is smarter than that.

Voted4Reagan
08-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Carson is a great story... Born in Poverty in Detroit. Rises to become head of Pediatric Neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins.

Probably the Smartest Candidate in the entire field....

Certainly worth consideration