PDA

View Full Version : 12 year old becomes youngest transexual

01-28-2007, 05:48 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/28/wkim28.xml

A boy of 12 is believed to have become the world's youngest sex change patient after convincing doctors that he wanted to live the rest of his life as a female.

The boy - originally called Tim, but now known as Kim - has started to receive hormone treatment, in preparation for the operation that will eventually complete the sex change.

darin
01-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Worse case of child abuse I've seen. Doctors (and the kids parents) should be jailed.

01-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Worse case of child abuse I've seen. Doctors (and the kids parents) should be jailed.

Exactly. This kid is far to young to decide something like this rationally. Ask him a couple of years later when he has actually kissed a woman...

Roomy
01-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I wonder if this is one of those kids born with indeterminate sexual organs, doctors and parents usually take their best guess on how to raise the child and only later do they realise they made the wrong decision.

KitchenKitten99
01-29-2007, 11:03 AM
I wonder if this is one of those kids born with indeterminate sexual organs, doctors and parents usually take their best guess on how to raise the child and only later do they realise they made the wrong decision.

you mean a hermaphrodite? My best friend's sister was born that way, and now she is becoming the 'he' that uh, he, has always felt to be. Lori, now known as Devon, never menstruated, and has always felt s/he was more male than female. S/He is in the middle of the whole process right now.

Ya know how weird it is to have someone you have known since you were 9 and have spent much of your youth with, to do something like this? I still have a hard time calling 'him' a 'him' and Devon instead of Lori.

now there are genetic/DNA tests to determine which sex the child is set as so there's no guessing.

Roomy
01-29-2007, 11:07 AM
you mean a hermaphrodite? My best friend's sister was born that way, and now she is becoming the 'he' that uh, he, has always felt to be. Lori, now known as Devon, never menstruated, and has always felt s/he was more male than female. S/He is in the middle of the whole process right now.

Ya know how weird it is to have someone you have known since you were 9 and have spent much of your youth with, to do something like this? I still have a hard time calling 'him' a 'him' and Devon instead of Lori.

now there are genetic/DNA tests to determine which sex the child is set as so there's no guessing.

It is the only real reason I can see for performing such an operation on a child.

Have we met btw?;)

KarlMarx
01-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Exactly. This kid is far to young to decide something like this rationally. Ask him a couple of years later when he has actually kissed a woman...
It seems to me that this boy has serious psychological problems that aren't being addressed. Shame on the parents and doctors who participated in this atrocity.

darin
01-29-2007, 11:52 AM
It shouldn't SHOCK anyone here. For DECADES parents have been 'giving in' to get their kids to behave. Instead of DEALING with this kid's PROBLEMS, they appease the kid.

Bubbalicious
01-29-2007, 11:59 AM

The article doesn't say anything like that. If that was the case, that would be an important point.

01-29-2007, 12:19 PM
The article doesn't say anything like that. If that was the case, that would be an important point.

I agree. which is why we are all saying what we are saying based on the information we have.

jillian
01-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I agree. which is why we are all saying what we are saying based on the information we have.

Thing I don't get is a) I don't understand why the surgery was performed on someone so young; and b) doctors don't DO this surgery til the person has been through therapy.... and a LOT of it.

I'd be interested in seeing more information.

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Thing I don't get is a) I don't understand why the surgery was performed on someone so young; and b) doctors don't DO this surgery til the person has been through therapy.... and a LOT of it.

They're far more "enlightened" and "progressive" in europe than we are here in America. They think we're all sexual prudes.

jillian
01-29-2007, 01:21 PM
They're far more "enlightened" and "progressive" in europe than we are here in America. They think we're all sexual prudes.

Well we are. :wink2:

Seriously, though, I don't think the rules about this kind of thing are different there. Like I said, I'd just like more information. It's an interesting issue.

01-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Well we are. :wink2:

Seriously, though, I don't think the rules about this kind of thing are different there. Like I said, I'd just like more information. It's an interesting issue.

I dont think self respect and respect for the power of creation is prudish.

Id like more information too. and i dont think its as interesting as it is outrageous

Bubbalicious
01-29-2007, 02:15 PM

They haven't done the surgery. They've started the hormone treatments. The article states that they cant legally do the genital surgery until the kid's 18.

FTA:
For legal reasons, the final stage – cosmetic surgery to remove the male genitalia – cannot take place until Kim is 18. Britain's youngest transsexual is Angel Paris-Jordan, who was granted an operation on the NHS at the age of 17.

I'm guessing the 17 year old - Angel Paris-Jordan - had surgery before the law changed? No idea.

jillian
01-29-2007, 02:16 PM
I dont think self respect and respect for the power of creation is prudish.

Id like more information too. and i dont think its as interesting as it is outrageous

Dysphasia (sp?) isn't a function of self-respect or the "power of creation". It's an issue for a certain segment of the population and I feel very sad for them, actually. I can't imagine what it must feel like to not feel that one's own skin fits.

As for outrageous, it might be. Depends on the circumstances.

MtnBiker
01-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Should this treatment be funded by the public?

jackass
01-29-2007, 05:26 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/28/wkim28.xml

This is an absolute lie!! I know for a fact that Kim....I mean JIM was 8 or so when he did it! Right Jim?