PDA

View Full Version : Other Forums

Perianne
08-31-2015, 12:08 PM
I recently joined a British forum. I lasted a whole two days there. LOL, thank God for America!

NightTrain
08-31-2015, 12:12 PM
I recently joined a British forum. I lasted a whole two days there. LOL, thank God for America!

Was it rabidly left?

Perianne
08-31-2015, 12:20 PM
Was it rabidly left?

There were people on both sides. A moderator publicly asked me if I were a troll. And then he went on about checking my ip address to see if I were a troll. I politely told them to shove it.

I wanted to tell him that moderators have a big influence on posters, even if the moderator claims to also be a regular poster. I have seen it here and on other forums. Moderators carry more weight than others and to some degree seem to speak for the forum as a whole. That one moderator ran me off. Probably all the others were wonderful people.

Noir
08-31-2015, 12:25 PM
What was the forum in question?

gabosaurus
08-31-2015, 12:27 PM
I wanted to tell him that moderators have a big influence on posters, even if the moderator claims to also be a regular poster. I have seen it here and on other forums. Moderators carry more weight than others and to some degree seem to speak for the forum as a whole. That one moderator ran me off. Probably all the others were wonderful people.

Perhaps that is why DP is losing members. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NightTrain
08-31-2015, 12:32 PM
There were people on both sides. A moderator publicly asked me if I were a troll. And then he went on about checking my ip address to see if I were a troll. I politely told them to shove it.

My words don't carry any more weight than yours. To my mind, everyone is judged based on their own merits and abilities here.

That's pretty funny about him checking your IP - did he think that trolls came from one geographic location? Our worst ones have been from California, Canada or Maine - but that's just where the shitheads happened to be born, I suspect.

NightTrain
08-31-2015, 12:33 PM
Perhaps that is why DP is losing members. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Perhaps it is because of some vile and hateful members. Shall we review?

gabosaurus
08-31-2015, 12:36 PM
Ever wonder what a political forum with little/no moderation would be like? Yep, it's really crazy.
There is a so-called "liberal forum" that is really a lot of conservatives and a few liberal posters who regular fight each other. Like, REALLY fight with each other.
Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules! :popcorn:

http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?/forum/44-no-holds-barred-political-forum/

Perianne
08-31-2015, 12:51 PM
My words don't carry any more weight than yours. To my mind, everyone is judged based on their own merits and abilities here.

I have no problems with you, NightTrain. I adore your posts. But I disagree. Whether or not you realize it, a moderator's voice DOES carry more weight than say, mine. At least to some people it does.

Perianne
08-31-2015, 12:53 PM
Ever wonder what a political forum with little/no moderation would be like? Yep, it's really crazy.
There is a so-called "liberal forum" that is really a lot of conservatives and a few liberal posters who regular fight each other. Like, REALLY fight with each other.
Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules! :popcorn:

http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?/forum/44-no-holds-barred-political-forum/

Oh, I am not even complaining about the moderation here. The point of this thread (and it wasn't clear) is that we have some good forums in America and this is one of them.

Perianne
08-31-2015, 01:24 PM
What was the forum in question?

I don't want to post it publicly. I will PM you.

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Looks like we are trading forum members, I knew a lot of people from this american forum joined the british one. After the OP joined our one I joined this one.

Perianne
08-31-2015, 01:38 PM
Looks like we are trading forum members, I knew a lot of people from this american forum joined the british one. After the OP joined our one I joined this one.

We just missed each other!

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 01:41 PM
We just missed each other!
Can you guess who I am on the British forum?

Perianne
08-31-2015, 01:43 PM
Can you guess who I am on the British forum?

I have no idea! You apparently know me, though. If you don't want to say publicly, please PM me.

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 01:46 PM
I have no idea! You apparently know me, though. If you don't want to say publicly, please PM me.
SeaPony:)

Perianne
08-31-2015, 01:49 PM

Seriously! I love you already! What brought you here, if I may ask?

Everyone - This is an announcement! This poster is A-OK!!!!!!

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 01:51 PM
Seriously! I love you already! What brought you here, if I may ask?

Everyone - This is an announcement! This poster is A-OK!!!!!!
I already knew of the forum but did not join ages ago. After you joined I then joined here.

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 01:54 PM
I found the forum after I saw
http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?2275-Tyr-Ziu-Saxnot

Perianne
08-31-2015, 02:00 PM
I found the forum after I saw
http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?2275-Tyr-Ziu-Saxnot

So, it really was just coincidence?

I think you will like it here. This is a small forum.

BTW, I appreciate your posts on the other forum.

tailfins
08-31-2015, 02:06 PM

That's pretty funny about him checking your IP - did he think that trolls came from one geographic location? Our worst ones have been from California, Canada or Maine - but that's just where the shitheads happened to be born, I suspect.

Where's a drifter "from"? Have you ever followed the IPs of a "road warrior"? I can imagine some who just passed security at LaGuardia wanting to flame the first poster that crosses his path.

NightTrain
08-31-2015, 02:58 PM
I have no problems with you, NightTrain. I adore your posts. But I disagree. Whether or not you realize it, a moderator's voice DOES carry more weight than say, mine. At least to some people it does.

I get what you're saying, but really, it shouldn't.

The only time I've ever moderated was when a certain member was appallingly out of line with tasteless pictures or very offensive comments to another member going through personally rough times - designed to sadistically hurt the person further. The other times I was defending new members who didn't deserve getting beat up on.

All of us on staff engage just like anyone else with our opinions, be they right or wrong, and we get our lumps just like anyone else. Just because someone is on staff doesn't mean they don't get to play, right? It would be a complete waste of time to handle the unpleasantness around here without getting to voice our own opinions.

Anyway, you probably know all this already, but it's my 2 cents.

Gunny
08-31-2015, 03:10 PM

Made some new friends, didja?:laugh:

tailfins
08-31-2015, 03:39 PM
designed to sadistically hurt the person further.

Liar, liar pants on fire. Mr. False Accuser

Gunny
08-31-2015, 04:02 PM
I get what you're saying, but really, it shouldn't.

The only time I've ever moderated was when a certain member was appallingly out of line with tasteless pictures or very offensive comments to another member going through personally rough times - designed to sadistically hurt the person further. The other times I was defending new members who didn't deserve getting beat up on.

All of us on staff engage just like anyone else with our opinions, be they right or wrong, and we get our lumps just like anyone else. Just because someone is on staff doesn't mean they don't get to play, right? It would be a complete waste of time to handle the unpleasantness around here without getting to voice our own opinions.

Anyway, you probably know all this already, but it's my 2 cents.

I was going to ask if it was me, but you said "pictures" so I know it wasn't.

And, the person you're engaging has to be mature enough to handle it. I just treat you like the dumbass you are. :)

NightTrain
08-31-2015, 04:39 PM
I was going to ask if it was me, but you said "pictures" so I know it wasn't.

And, the person you're engaging has to be mature enough to handle it. I just treat you like the dumbass you are. :)

No. You've always been one of my favorite posters from since the USMB days.

Gunny
08-31-2015, 04:46 PM

I'm not sure if I'd be bragging about that. :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

jimnyc
08-31-2015, 04:50 PM

Gunny's always awesome, 'cept when he's not. :)

NightTrain
08-31-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure if I'd be bragging about that. :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

I know where you're coming from. My whole family was a slightly different version of a hardass military man, especially my Gramps who was a Marine ass-kicker on Okinawa in WWII. His nickname was 'moose' in the Marine days, and that was among a bunch of corn-fed farm boys in the Corps, so you can kind of get the physical picture.

You're a very refined, distinguished gentleman in comparison to Gramp's opinions. :laugh2: Seriously, the shit he would say out of the blue would make all of us kids spray milk at the breakfast table. He was awesome.

Gunny
08-31-2015, 05:01 PM
I know where you're coming from. My whole family was a slightly different version of a hardass military man, especially my Gramps who was a Marine ass-kicker on Okinawa in WWII. His nickname was 'moose' in the Marine days, and that was among a bunch of corn-fed farm boys in the Corps, so you can kind of get the physical picture.

You're a very refined, distinguished gentleman in comparison to Gramp's opinions. :laugh2: Seriously, the shit he would say out of the blue would make all of us kids spray milk at the breakfast table. He was awesome.

Damn. He was on Oki and came home alive? That's actually doing something. They chewed that island up a foot at a time.

Refined and distinguished, huh? LMAO. I remember at my last command the Sgt calling me "old school". Old school to me was Bob Basilone.

NightTrain
08-31-2015, 05:15 PM
Damn. He was on Oki and came home alive? That's actually doing something. They chewed that island up a foot at a time.

Refined and distinguished, huh? LMAO. I remember at my last command the Sgt calling me "old school". Old school to me was Bob Basilone.

Yeah, he was a squad leader during the invasion. His squad got pinned down in a shallow crater by some Japs in a cave with a machine gun. He called for a volunteer to go with him to charge the cave, one guy did, and they went for it.

When he entered the cave, it was dark and he couldn't see anything but he heard one of them launch himself at him, so he started spraying the cave while throwing up his left arm to protect himself. The attacker stabbed his bayonet through Gramp's left forearm and pulled the trigger, lodging 3 bullets into his arm but they didn't go through. Gramps finished him off with his K-Bar and of course was pretty heavily wounded, so that was the end of the war for him... they shipped him back to Wisconsin and fixed him up. They never did get 2 of those bullets out, though, they remained in his arm. Hell of a lot of meat missing from the bayonet, too... it was a very deep crevice.

Half of his squad was killed by that machine gunner in the cave, though... and that bothered him, those were his guys. He got a Purple Heart and I think a Silver Star out of the deal.

Perianne
08-31-2015, 05:18 PM
Yeah, he was a squad leader during the invasion. His squad got pinned down in a shallow crater by some Japs in a cave with a machine gun. He called for a volunteer to go with him to charge the cave, one guy did, and they went for it.

When he entered the cave, it was dark and he couldn't see anything but he heard one of them launch himself at him, so he started spraying the cave while throwing up his left arm to protect himself. The attacker stabbed his bayonet through Gramp's left forearm and pulled the trigger, lodging 3 bullets into his arm but they didn't go through. Gramps finished him off with his K-Bar and of course was pretty heavily wounded, so that was the end of the war for him... they shipped him back to Wisconsin and fixed him up. They never did get 2 of those bullets out, though, they remained in his arm. Hell of a lot of meat missing from the bayonet, too... it was a very deep crevice.

Half of his squad was killed by that machine gunner in the cave, though... and that bothered him, those were his guys. He got a Purple Heart and I think a Silver Star out of the deal.

Geez. Brave man. I don't know how I would react if someone were stabbing me.

jimnyc
08-31-2015, 05:29 PM

Welcome to DP! :salute:

Went from a Brit forum to here - you a Brit or American? Just curious of course, all welcome! :beer:

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 05:33 PM
Welcome to DP! :salute:

Went from a Brit forum to here - you a Brit or American? Just curious of course, all welcome! :beer:
British:) Which forum was that if you don't mind saying?

jimnyc
08-31-2015, 05:40 PM
British:) Which forum was that if you don't mind saying?

I meant YOU came from a Brit forum to here, so I was unsure where you were from. I sometimes write like Charlie Brown's teachers sound like. :)

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 05:42 PM
I meant YOU came from a Brit forum to here, so I was unsure where you were from. I sometimes write like Charlie Brown's teachers sound like. :)
Oh yes, happy to be here. Any other Brits on here?

Gunny
08-31-2015, 05:43 PM

Yes, you do. :laugh:

jimnyc
08-31-2015, 05:45 PM
Oh yes, happy to be here. Any other Brits on here?

We have a cool younger guy, with the name "Noir", who posted in this thread earlier. Unfortunately, our other Brit member recently left. That was "Drummond". Real nice guy, maybe he'll come back and post with us again sometime.

jimnyc
08-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Yes, you do. :laugh:

Yeah, but I can blame drugs & alcohol. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrbumvF-Oe4

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 05:48 PM
We have a cool younger guy, with the name "Noir", who posted in this thread earlier. Unfortunately, our other Brit member recently left. That was "Drummond". Real nice guy, maybe he'll come back and post with us again sometime.
A question- Why are a lot of peoples avatars pictures of dogs?

jimnyc
08-31-2015, 05:51 PM

Mostly just this thread with Perianne and myself I guess. Just a coincidence that we are animal lovers. Mine is of my Pug who recently passed. :( I don't think there's really any rhyme or reason as to who has what though.

Gunny
08-31-2015, 06:01 PM

Drummond left too, huh? I just don't get that. Leave because someone disagrees with you. Kind of hard to debate with someone you always agree with, ain't it?

Perianne
08-31-2015, 06:09 PM
I met Christie Brinkley on the other forum. Good people indeed!

Perianne
08-31-2015, 06:15 PM

I like doggies. My avatar changes several times per week. It's just whatever I feel like at the moment.

Gunny
08-31-2015, 06:24 PM
I like doggies. My avatar changes several times per week. It's just whatever I feel like at the moment.

Three dogs and 5 cats. I feel like the homeless shelter for abandoned animals.

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 06:29 PM
Three dogs and 5 cats. I feel like the homeless shelter for abandoned animals.
Well I am here to shake things up with Christie in a red ferrari;)

Perianne
08-31-2015, 06:38 PM

Lol! I am a woman and even I think Christie is hot!

Gunny
08-31-2015, 06:39 PM

Welcome aboard. We don't shake too well around here so we'll see. :laugh:

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 06:40 PM
Lol! I am a woman and even I think Christie is hot!
I am surprised she still looks so good even today (that sounds horrible). I think her daughter is starting to get into modelling as well. But National Lampoons Vacation was hilarious! Especially when Clark eats the sandwich that was urinated on by the dog!

Gunny
08-31-2015, 06:43 PM
I am surprised she still looks so good even today (that sounds horrible). I think her daughter is starting to get into modelling as well. But National Lampoons Vacation was hilarious! Especially when Clark eats the sandwich that was urinated on by the dog!

You mean because she's as old as I am? :laugh:

Methinks y'all are talking about a movie I barely it through once. Randy Quaid made that movie for me.

Perianne
08-31-2015, 06:43 PM
Welcome aboard. We don't shake too well around here so we'll see. :laugh:

I think the reference was to the avatars, not personalities.

Gunny
08-31-2015, 06:45 PM
I think the reference was to the avatars, not personalities.

Speaking of ... I need to go find myself another politically incorrect avatar ..... :halo9:

Perianne
08-31-2015, 06:45 PM

Urine. Yuck. I would just as soon clean up poopoo than clean up nasty-smelling urine.

Perianne
08-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Speaking of ... I need to go find myself another politically incorrect avatar ..... :halo9:

Put up a photo of that sweet little granddaughter. That would be sooooo politically correct.

Christie Brinkley
08-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Urine. Yuck. I would just as soon clean up poopoo than clean up nasty-smelling urine.
Imagine eating a sandwich which was urinated on by a dog... my my.

jimnyc
08-31-2015, 06:52 PM
Imagine eating a sandwich which was urinated on by a dog... my my.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPxiXGr9nFM

Perianne
09-11-2015, 09:27 AM
I was a member of this forum. It was my first forum. Though the political side of it is a hellhole of liberalism, the owner, Brian Short, always seemed to be a good guy and he stayed out of the liberalism.

I still occasionally go to AllNurses.com for nursing information. The approximately one million members provides years and tons of experience to draw from.

Brian Short and family, RIP.

Family of 5 dead in Greenwood home in apparent murder-suicide Their bodies were found in different parts of the large home in the western suburb.

Police officers checking the welfare of residents at a home in the west metro city of Greenwood on Thursday came upon a scene their chief called “unspeakable” — the bodies of five family members, including three teenagers.

The five bodies bore traumatic injuries and were scattered throughout the large house on Channel Drive. The deaths appeared to be a multiple murder-suicide, said South Lake Minnetonka interim Police Chief Mike Siitari.

Brian Short, a nurse, founded the website AllNurses.com, which provides information and resources for and about the nursing profession. His business is headquartered in Excelsior.

http://www.startribune.com/greenwood-minn-family-of-5-dead-in-apparent-murder-suicide/326446441/

DLT
09-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Made some new friends, didja?:laugh:

Uh......not exactly. (not even close)

Gunny
09-16-2015, 02:28 PM

Why do you think I always end up back here? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can make new buddies in a freakin second. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Perianne
09-16-2015, 02:37 PM

I was not the slightest bit hateful or rude to those people. Sometimes people just don't like me. I have never understood that.

DLT
09-16-2015, 04:15 PM
Why do you think I always end up back here? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can make new buddies in a freakin second. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Here is nice. But don't get me wrong. There ARE some awfully nice people there. In fact, I'd venture to say the vast majority of the members there are, like here, good folks. Unfortunately, like many if not most forums, a few bad apples try to taint (and control) the entire barrel.

It's like the whiners and squealers in the leftist media here (and on US forums). The loudest and most obnoxious get all the attention (they demand attention even if it's negative), while the best people usually sit in the wings, silently observing. It's the good ones I want to meet and learn from. The aholes are to be marginalized by ignoring them, if they can't or refuse to play nice.

DLT
09-16-2015, 04:21 PM
I was not the slightest bit hateful or rude to those people. Sometimes people just don't like me. I have never understood that.

Sometimes....if/when you get off on the wrong foot....whether unintentionally or by accident/happenstance.... the best thing to do is step back, reflect on the situation, and seek a fresh start.

I have this unique talent of sometimes pissing people off, right off the bat, due to something I inadvertently said (hoof in mouth disease...lol) that insulted them. It's a Sagittarian trait, in fact. But....turns out...some of the folks I pissed off initially...turned out to be some of my best friends. I had to do a lot of earnest convincing, of course.....but whatever works.

Perianne
09-19-2015, 06:33 PM
*** link edited *** (http://democracyforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=143819&p=2067819&viewfull=1#post2067819)

jimnyc
09-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Link Edited (http://democracyforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=143819&p=2067819&viewfull=1#post2067819)

Simply ignore her, she's just another whiny twit who didn't get her way.

I'm glad that some like it there, and a couple gave it a whirl here. I just hope not to have any type of anger between boards.

Gunny
09-19-2015, 06:46 PM

I'm glad that some like it there, and a couple gave it a whirl here. I just hope not to have any type of anger between boards.

Yeah ... you're a bit more lenient on that cross-board stuff than I ever was. The only ones that ever get anything out of board wars are the trolls that start them.

jimnyc
09-19-2015, 06:52 PM
Yeah ... you're a bit more lenient on that cross-board stuff than I ever was. The only ones that ever get anything out of board wars are the trolls that start them.

I normally don't allow it and you know it. But then I read the comment that was made, and saw "Ginger". Some people just can't let go I guess.

jimnyc
09-19-2015, 07:02 PM
I went back and edited the link out, just to prevent any outside chance whatsoever of "board wars". And if someone else thinks this place is a failure, that's cool, it's a failure without them then.

Don't take it personally, Perianne!! We've never really allowed links between boards to prevent bad blood. Looks like you've met enough bad blood over there anyway. :(

Gunny
09-19-2015, 07:05 PM
I normally don't allow it and you know it. But then I read the comment that was made, and saw "Ginger". Some people just can't let go I guess.

Something I'm missing? She doesn't post here. Not as far as I know. She doesn't let go, but neither does she do fly bys. Not her style. She reads what I post, I think.

jimnyc
09-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Something I'm missing? She doesn't post here. Not as far as I know. She doesn't let go, but neither does she do fly bys. Not her style. She reads what I post, I think.

The post linked to was made by a "Ginger" talking about this place being a FAIL. I only have known one Ginger that was ever a member here, that I can easily see wanting to label this forum a failure. She was saying the same thing the last time she was here.

Gunny
09-19-2015, 07:24 PM
The post linked to was made by a "Ginger" talking about this place being a FAIL. I only have known one Ginger that was ever a member here, that I can easily see wanting to label this forum a failure. She was saying the same thing the last time she was here.

Not this one. She is not directly confrontational, and she ain't handing out her name. And she knows I post here so she ain't going to start crap. Check the IP. If it comes back to here, we'll be having a "chat". MY computer is the one that's hooked up and the wifi runs off of it. You can PM me the link and I'll check it out at my end. I don't think it's her.

tailfins
09-19-2015, 07:29 PM

Jim, if you want to try another forum on for size, try this one: http://wrongplanet.net/

There's a lively discussion about imaginary people in one's life. Do you speak to imaginary people?

jimnyc
09-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Not this one. She is not directly confrontational, and she ain't handing out her name. And she knows I post here so she ain't going to start crap. Check the IP. If it comes back to here, we'll be having a "chat". MY computer is the one that's hooked up and the wifi runs off of it. You can PM me the link and I'll check it out at my end. I don't think it's her.

I couldn't check the IP if I wanted to, the post by this Ginger person was on a totally different forum. I don't really care and ain't fretting over it anyway. If you're vouching then that's good enough for me. I just 'assumed' when I saw that name and the negative comment. I didn't realize the wifi was "shared" and you were able to verify in person. :salute:

Could have just been someone who looked at this place and called it "FAIL". Perhaps we're not very endearing to strangers? :laugh:

Gunny
09-19-2015, 07:32 PM
Jim, if you want to try another forum on for size, try this one: http://wrongplanet.net/

There's a lively discussion about imaginary people in one's life. Do you speak to imaginary people?

I got enough REAL dysfunctional people in my life and Jim's related to Jeff and John. Who the f*ck needs to make one up?

Perianne
09-19-2015, 07:38 PM
I went back and edited the link out, just to prevent any outside chance whatsoever of "board wars". And if someone else thinks this place is a failure, that's cool, it's a failure without them then.

Don't take it personally, Perianne!! We've never really allowed links between boards to prevent bad blood. Looks like you've met enough bad blood over there anyway. :(

I'm sorry, Jim. I didn't think about it. I should not have posted the link. Peri was bad. :(

tailfins
09-19-2015, 07:43 PM

The only good thing about bad blood is lettin' it slide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xqEiN73WGQ

Perianne
09-19-2015, 07:46 PM
I'm sorry, Jim. I didn't think about it. I should not have posted the link. Peri was bad. :(

One of the quotes from that link is "Don't pay any attention to Peri, she's mental...".

I admit I have mild schizophrenia related to childhood abuse. But I fight it every day.

tailfins
09-19-2015, 07:50 PM
One of the quotes from that link is "Don't pay any attention to Peri, she's mental...".

I admit I have mild schizophrenia related to childhood abuse. But I fight it every day.

I wonder if it's easier to be born with problems (like yours truly) of acquired them thorough trauma.

Perianne
09-19-2015, 07:53 PM
I wonder if it's easier to be born with problems (like yours truly) of acquired them thorough trauma.

I don't know. The end result is the same?

Gunny
09-19-2015, 08:27 PM

We'll keep you around. We all fight things every day. You've seen me in action on another board. What you don't know is all of the people that matter here have seen me at work. I don't play.

And everyone here is the most forgiving people I've ever known. Making a mistake? You want a list? You might as well forget that crap. As long as you're part of the crew around here, you're part of the crew.

Perianne
09-19-2015, 08:34 PM
We'll keep you around. We all fight things every day. You've seen me in action on another board. What you don't know is all of the people that matter here have seen me at work. I don't play.

And everyone here is the most forgiving people I've ever known. Making a mistake? You want a list? You might as well forget that crap. As long as you're part of the crew around here, you're part of the crew.

Thanks, Gunny. That is sweet of you.

Gunny
09-20-2015, 08:03 AM
I couldn't check the IP if I wanted to, the post by this Ginger person was on a totally different forum. I don't really care and ain't fretting over it anyway. If you're vouching then that's good enough for me. I just 'assumed' when I saw that name and the negative comment. I didn't realize the wifi was "shared" and you were able to verify in person. :salute:

Could have just been someone who looked at this place and called it "FAIL". Perhaps we're not very endearing to strangers? :laugh:

She said it wasn't her and I believe her. Not unless it's something from the over-a-year-ago past. I know y'all ain't exactly best buds, but she mostly posts song and recipes on another board. She isn't going to do something like that without being provoked. You push her in a corner and you better be a billy goat ready to butt heads. I can tell you THAT.:laugh: But whoever this person is, it isn't the one here.

jimnyc
09-20-2015, 08:06 AM
She said it wasn't her and I believe her. Not unless it's something from the over-a-year-ago past. I know y'all ain't exactly best buds, but she mostly posts song and recipes on another board. She isn't going to do something like that without being provoked. You push her in a corner and you better be a billy goat ready to butt heads. I can tell you THAT.:laugh: But whoever this person is, it isn't the one here.

Yup, it wasn't her, and you can tell her I apologize for thinking it was her. My apologies. :(

I do ultimately know who this person is, turns out it's another board owner that I knew from awhile back, just know under a different name.

And Btw, I never did anything to her, she was pissed off because of any problems between you and I!!

NightTrain
09-20-2015, 08:20 AM
Thanks, Gunny. That is sweet of you.

He's just a big ol' Teddy Bear.

DLT
09-20-2015, 11:46 AM

This board is anything BUT a failure. It's a nice place to hang out in and that is never a fail of any kind. Ginger apparently thinks that the success of a forum hinges on numbers and quantity, rather than quality. I couldn't possibly disagree more.

Nonnie
09-20-2015, 12:21 PM
This board is anything BUT a failure. It's a nice place to hang out in and that is never a fail of any kind. Ginger apparently thinks that the success of a forum hinges on numbers and quantity, rather than quality. I couldn't possibly disagree more.

There's nothing worse on a forum than a gang of foul mouthed trolls. I have found no problems with Debate Policy.

tailfins
09-20-2015, 12:26 PM

It depends on one's intent. Other than my wife and sons, I avoid interacting with the same people for an extended period of time. DP is an opportunity to give that a try. If I just want to vent against, Catholicism, the occult, incompetent workers, etc., etc., etc. there are larger audiences.

DLT
09-20-2015, 12:47 PM
It depends on one's intent. Other than my wife and sons, I avoid interacting with the same people for an extended period of time. DP is an opportunity to give that a try. If I just want to vent against, Catholicism, the occult, incompetent workers, etc., etc., etc. there are larger audiences.

True enough. But....if one wants a larger audience (which goes back to my comment and/or observation re: quantity vs. quality)....one has plenty of other forums to choose from that are, unfortunately, not as pleasant as this one is re: being subjected to verbal abuse and harassment for ones (gasp) opinions.

You've always got your larger forums for that larger audience if/when you need or want that sort of thing. Like, for instance, if you want to bounce an idea off a larger group of people. But frankly and honestly, this place can't be beat or bested when it comes to a nice, calm, safe haven and open-minded group of members (and admin). Just sayin....

Gunny
09-20-2015, 01:12 PM

It's not a failure and never has been. Got some weird creatures on it though. :laugh: Success on a forum DOES hinge on numbers and quantity if that is your problem and it is EASY to get caught up in it. More people, more posts, #1 board ... but you pay for it in quality. The board I used to run has the dumbest buttheads in the world on it. But they are in business. It isn't like when I was there nor when Jim owned it. We had a vested interest in the people.

Same goes here. Jim cares about the people. And I admit it took me awhile to adjust to the mindset. I had spent so much time building something by numbers I forgot about the importance of just having the people. There's a price to pay no matter which way you go. In the end, I couldn't stand logging on anymore. It wasn't fun and no one wanted to talk, they just attacked or whined. I honestly didn't want to be there anymore.

I ALWAYS get to come back here even if some MF-er thinks I'm a f*cking teddy bear. He is SO fired.:laugh:

Black Diamond
09-20-2015, 01:14 PM
It's not a failure and never has been. Got some weird creatures on it though. :laugh: Success on a forum DOES hinge on numbers and quantity if that is your problem and it is EASY to get caught up in it. More people, more posts, #1 board ... but you pay for it in quality. The board I used to run has the dumbest buttheads in the world on it. But they are in business. It isn't like when I was there nor when Jim owned it. We had a vested interest in the people.

Same goes here. Jim cares about the people. And I admit it took me awhile to adjust to the mindset. I had spent so much time building something by numbers I forgot about the importance of just having the people. There's a price to pay no matter which way you go. In the end, I couldn't stand logging on anymore. It wasn't fun and no one wanted to talk, they just attacked or whined. I honestly didn't want to be there anymore.

I ALWAYS get to come back here even if some MF-er thinks I'm a f*cking teddy bear. He is SO fired.:laugh:

Ayyyyyup

DLT
09-20-2015, 01:55 PM
There's nothing worse on a forum than a gang of foul mouthed trolls. I have found no problems with Debate Policy.

Me either. And sadly, there is only two other forums that I know of (besides this one) currently...where that kind of behavior (trolling, abusive language, personal insults, etc.) are not allowed.

Forums like that are few and far between/rare in this day and age ...where the radical left is seeking, as we speak, to eliminate freedom of speech on the internet. Oh sure, you'll still be able to speak your mind after they are done "fundamentally transforming" the US...

as long as your mind, thoughts and opinions agree with and are in lock-step with theirs.

Nonnie
09-21-2015, 03:20 PM
Me either. And sadly, there is only two other forums that I know of (besides this one) currently...where that kind of behavior (trolling, abusive language, personal insults, etc.) are not allowed.

Forums like that are few and far between/rare in this day and age ...where the radical left is seeking, as we speak, to eliminate freedom of speech on the internet. Oh sure, you'll still be able to speak your mind after they are done "fundamentally transforming" the US...

as long as your mind, thoughts and opinions agree with and are in lock-step with theirs.

As you know DLT, if you want to watch a trolling gang in action, I can supply the forum link and names.

DLT
10-12-2015, 11:29 AM

There is no more board there now....so no worries. They just closed permanently.

Of course, the question remains as to 'why' they closed. Rumor is, it's because
...and I quote...

"of the constant complaints about other posters and threats of legal action to the owner.".

This from another forum I know of discussing the closure today.

Christie Brinkley
10-12-2015, 11:31 AM
RIP Democracy Forum. Over 10 years running it went down yesterday.

DLT
10-12-2015, 11:36 AM
RIP Democracy Forum. Over 10 years running it went down yesterday.

I really liked that place. It was different/interesting. Oh sure, there were the usual few trolls and ankle biters there, but all in all, it seemed like a nice forum. I think it's sad when forums close like that. Everybody loses when information stops being shared and spread.

Christie Brinkley
10-12-2015, 11:38 AM
I really liked that place. It was different/interesting. Oh sure, there were the usual few trolls and ankle biters there, but all in all, it seemed like a nice forum. I think it's sad when forums close like that. Everybody loses when information stops being shared and spread.
Looks like I will have to familiarize myself with American politics.

DLT
10-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Looks like I will have to familiarize myself with American politics.

That's what I was trying to do....ie familiarize myself with UK politics.

Back to the drawing board.

Christie Brinkley
10-12-2015, 11:44 AM
That's what I was trying to do....ie familiarize myself with UK politics.

Back to the drawing board.
Did you get a good idea of politics in the UK then?

DLT
10-12-2015, 12:02 PM
Did you get a good idea of politics in the UK then?

I barely had time to get a glimmer. Dammit. I hate it when stuff like this happens.

Motown
10-12-2015, 12:10 PM
UK politics don't mean anything, we all know that.

Christie Brinkley
10-12-2015, 12:13 PM
What is that supposed to mean:grenade:

Noir
10-12-2015, 12:20 PM
...and I quote...

"of the constant complaints about other posters and threats of legal action to the owner."

Hang about - Did someone call Drummond a Liberal? When will his reign of terror end?!

Gunny
10-12-2015, 12:22 PM

Before you toss that grenade ...

You all have different means to "conservative" and "liberal" than we do and a "Tory" to us was an American who sided with the British.

So, when discussing politics, BOTH sides need to be understanding of the other.

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 12:36 PM
There is no more board there now....so no worries. They just closed permanently.

...and I quote...

This from another forum I know of discussing the closure today.

Wow, that sucks, for them and their membership. It's a shame when legal threats and such enter the equation. Here in the US, board owners are very protected from the words that the members post. I don't think we really ever had any legit threats here. The closest we came was a newspaper in Dallas, the writer actually, getting pissy because I shared an article. I cut it down to 1 paragraph and told her to take a hike, that was the last I ever heard.

And I agree that it sucks. I hope it was a personal decision and not someone being 'forced' to make such a decision.

DLT
10-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Hang about - Did someone call Drummond a Liberal? When will his reign of terror end?!

I think we already settled that issue, didn't we??? You just trying to incite it up again?

Why?

DLT
10-12-2015, 12:55 PM
Wow, that sucks, for them and their membership. It's a shame when legal threats and such enter the equation. Here in the US, board owners are very protected from the words that the members post. I don't think we really ever had any legit threats here. The closest we came was a newspaper in Dallas, the writer actually, getting pissy because I shared an article. I cut it down to 1 paragraph and told her to take a hike, that was the last I ever heard.

And I agree that it sucks. I hope it was a personal decision and not someone being 'forced' to make such a decision.

Well, I did notice an awful LOT of anti-Syrian-refugee threads and posts there over the past few weeks. And a lot of criticism of UK government and leaders because of the refugee immigration they are forcing upon UKers (like they're going to force upon us here). I bet that might have caused some problems for the owners, since they don't even have as much free speech rights as we do (at least...so far).

Dunno.

DLT
10-12-2015, 12:57 PM

Despite the current Idiot-In-Chief we have in the WH....

the UK is still our allies and therefore their politics definitely DOES 'mean something' to the US. Get a clue.

Christie Brinkley
10-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Well, I did notice an awful LOT of anti-Syrian-refugee threads and posts there over the past few weeks. And a lot of criticism of UK government and leaders because of the refugee immigration they are forcing upon UKers (like they're going to force upon us here). I bet that might have caused some problems for the owners, since they don't even have as much free speech rights as we do (at least...so far).

Dunno.
I think is was more about copyright and posting articles on the site which caused problems for the owner. As well as the fact that many members posted random accusation threads.

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 01:02 PM

Dunno.

Oh shit, you mean possible legal threats from outside the board, like maybe government or similarly related? That sucks even more then if that's the case. Can anyone imagine having someone tell us we couldn't say this or that, or couldn't condemn something, for fear of retaliation of some sort from government? I would love to know the back story, how they were contacted, and what was stated.

+1 for the USA

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 01:04 PM
I think is was more about copyright and posting articles on the site which caused problems for the owner. As well as the fact that many members posted random accusation threads.

Hmmmmm.... odd. Sucks anyway you look at it, I suppose. I'm in no position to question as I'm clueless as to what happened there. Maybe they'll clean things up and ultimately bring things back.

Noir
10-12-2015, 01:06 PM
I think we already settled that issue, didn't we??? You just trying to incite it up again?

Why?

Incite?
0h dear xD
Enjoy the rest of your Monday :salute:

Motown
10-12-2015, 01:06 PM

Don't play dumb, you know.

Christie Brinkley
10-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Don't play dumb, you know.
Sorry I don't. Mind explaining?

Noir
10-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Oh shit, you mean possible legal threats from outside the board, like maybe government or similarly related? That sucks even more then if that's the case. Can anyone imagine having someone tell us we couldn't say this or that, or couldn't condemn something, for fear of retaliation of some sort from government? I would love to know the back story, how they were contacted, and what was stated.

+1 for the USA

I know nothing about the board etc but would be 100% certain this has not been closed down because of government/state legal action due to threads about Syria, the current Government or anything else for that matter.
You'd have to be pretty detected from the UK to consider that a possibility.

Motown
10-12-2015, 01:10 PM
Sorry I don't. Mind explaining?

No. You already know what you asked for. You have war with me or you don't. Which is it? War or no war.

Christie Brinkley
10-12-2015, 01:11 PM
No. You already know what you asked for. You have war with me or you don't. Which is it? War or no war.
You mean you see Britain as just another state?:lol:

Motown
10-12-2015, 01:13 PM
War it is. Too late.

DLT
10-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Incite?
0h dear xD
Enjoy the rest of your Monday :salute:

Yeah...you know...incite/inflame/troll/...that kind of thing.

Do you need a dictionary?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/incite

DLT
10-12-2015, 01:26 PM

Ehh....no. That's just the usual process of moderation and running a forum. Any forum owner would have to know that there would be issues like that that they would have to address and stay on top of. That's what forum rules are for and then subsequent moderation actions if/when members break those rules.

As for callout threads, there's a very easy solution to those. Ban the thread author and delete the thread.

No, I think it was something more PC-related. Had to be.

Christie Brinkley
10-12-2015, 01:29 PM
Ehh....no. That's just the usual process of moderation and running a forum. Any forum owner would have to know that there would be issues like that that they would have to address and stay on top of. That's what forum rules are for and then subsequent moderation actions if/when members break those rules.

As for callout threads, there's a very easy solution to those. Ban the thread author and delete the thread.

No, I think it was something more PC-related. Had to be.
The owner just said it was too much trouble. Don't blame him to be honest.

DLT
10-12-2015, 01:29 PM

+1 for the USA

What do you think "Net Neutrality" is going to result in here in the states? Just like every leftist 'term, name, label' they come up with (like the ""Affordable"" Care Act)....

Net Neutrality will be anything BUT neutral (or fair). It's government mandated censorship.

Enjoy our free speech here while we can. It's coming. Unless we stop these cretins in their tracks. And considering the whining wienies we have in the GOP, I don't see that happening.

Christie Brinkley
10-12-2015, 01:31 PM
What do you think "Net Neutrality" is going to result in here in the states? Just like every leftist 'term, name, label' they come up with (like the ""Affordable"" Care Act)....

Net Neutrality will be anything BUT neutral (or fair). It's government mandated censorship.

Enjoy our free speech here while we can. It's coming. Unless we stop these cretins in their tracks. And considering the whining wienies we have in the GOP, I don't see that happening.
You know it is a con if the name of it is something like 'obamacare'

1. Obama does not care
2. It is not free as highlighted by Nelson Rockefeller in 1954

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7770&stc=1

DLT
10-12-2015, 01:33 PM

Well honestly....what 'else' would you expect him to say? lol

Would he want to get in any more trouble for his un-PC forum rhetoric and comments... by relaying that he was shut down by government goons? What purpose would that serve? He'd have to be a complete idiot.

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 01:35 PM
War it is. Too late.

Not sure if you guys are kidding or not - but if not - can you guys go to war sometime next year or later? I'm too tired for anymore wars 'round these parts. Let's all give hugs and be merry. Can't we all just get along! :laugh:

Seriously though, no wars please, at least not without congressional approval. :salute:

DLT
10-12-2015, 01:37 PM
You know it is a con if the name of it is something like 'obamacare'

1. Obama does not care
2. It is not free as highlighted by Nelson Rockefeller in 1954

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7770&stc=1

It's only free to the Obama voters that are used to getting free "stuff" from Obama's stash. And it costs the taxpayers (ie Americans are are lucky to still have a job and make enough TO pay taxes) out the wazoo now to pay for all of those new freebies.

Meanwhile, the DemocRats are busily bringing in hundreds of thousands of new foreign entitlement-minded "future" voters that will demand, expect and receive such "freebies".

Christie Brinkley
10-12-2015, 01:39 PM
It's only free to the Obama voters that are used to getting free "stuff" from Obama's stash. And it costs the taxpayers (ie Americans are are lucky to still have a job and make enough TO pay taxes) out the wazoo now to pay for all of those new freebies.

Meanwhile, the DemocRats are busily bringing in hundreds of thousands of new foreign entitlement-minded "future" voters that will demand, expect and receive such "freebies".
Of course the illegals will be given freebies on the democrat reservations and of course the right to vote (else you would be racist not to let illegals vote).

NightTrain
10-12-2015, 01:44 PM

Net Neutrality doesn't mean what you're implying it does. It just means that all internet data is treated equally.

It starts with ISPs throttling down speeds to free users and allowing paying services/customers to enjoy faster speeds. Netflix and similar services get the same speeds as everyone else and ISPs would like to charge either Netflix and/or their customers for the additional bandwidth that they're using. Neutrality prevents that scheme to squeeze more money in exchange for needed bandwidth.

The name is kind of misleading, lots of people have made the same mistake.

Motown
10-12-2015, 01:46 PM

You asked for war. Don't blame it on the owner. You asked and you shall receive.

NightTrain
10-12-2015, 01:52 PM
You asked for war. Don't blame it on the owner. You asked and you shall receive.

What are you going on about? This is the second time you've acted like this with mysterious passive-aggressive announcements that have no apparent legitimate basis in the thread at hand. Then you refuse to say wtf it is you're talking about.

You're a great poster most of the time, but this Jekyll & Hyde thing is pretty weird.

What gives?

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 01:53 PM

Please? We've had enough of wars as of late. But if one must, please start a thread and have it out down in the steel cage forum. We'd rather not the wars take place in regular threads, as sometimes IED's get inadvertently left behind and then innocent folks step on them, and then :blowup:

DLT
10-12-2015, 01:56 PM
I know nothing about the board etc but would be 100% certain this has not been closed down because of government/state legal action due to threads about Syria, the current Government or anything else for that matter.
You'd have to be pretty detected from the UK to consider that a possibility.

I see that English isn't your first language. That explains a lot.

DLT
10-12-2015, 02:00 PM
Net Neutrality doesn't mean what you're implying it does. It just means that all internet data is treated equally.

It starts with ISPs throttling down speeds to free users and allowing paying services/customers to enjoy faster speeds. Netflix and similar services get the same speeds as everyone else and ISPs would like to charge either Netflix and/or their customers for the additional bandwidth that they're using. Neutrality prevents that scheme to squeeze more money in exchange for needed bandwidth.

The name is kind of misleading, lots of people have made the same mistake.

Yeah...right. And the Affordable Care Act meant that government was only mandating that Americans had to purchase "affordable" health insurance.

Uh huh.

I like Unicorns too. I just don't believe they really exist. :laugh:

DLT
10-12-2015, 02:01 PM
Of course the illegals will be given freebies on the democrat reservations and of course the right to vote (else you would be racist not to let illegals vote).

Oh of course. And we wouldn't want to hurt their widdle feewings by denying them ALL the rights that legal American citizens have, would we? That would be wacist!

NightTrain
10-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Yeah...right. And the Affordable Care Act meant that government was only mandating that Americans had to purchase "affordable" health insurance.

Uh huh.

I like Unicorns too. I just don't believe they really exist. :laugh:

The 'Affordable Health Care Act' was anything but affordable. You're right on the money with that analysis.

But I'm not joking about the Net Neutrality issue :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

DLT
10-12-2015, 02:13 PM
The 'Affordable Health Care Act' was anything but affordable. You're right on the money with that analysis.

But I'm not joking about the Net Neutrality issue :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality

Yes, I am fully aware of what the official version of what Net Neutrality is supposed to be. I'm just not gullible enough (by now) to believe that version. I've already seen waaay too much propaganda coming from this administration. Seriously, do you believe ANYTHING Obama's administration tells you? If so...

why???

NightTrain
10-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Yes, I am fully aware of what the official version of what Net Neutrality is supposed to be. I'm just not gullible enough (by now) to believe that version. I've already seen waaay too much propaganda coming from this administration. Seriously, do you believe ANYTHING Obama's administration tells you? If so...

why???

While I can't think of a single good thing about Bambam, he hasn't come up with a way to censor freedom of speech on the internet.

If & when he does figure out a way, we'll all know with the sudden disappearance of the Nazi / Skinhead sites. I'm pretty sure they're at the top of his personal hit list.

DLT
10-12-2015, 02:26 PM
While I can't think of a single good thing about Bambam, he hasn't come up with a way to censor freedom of speech on the internet.

If & when he does figure out a way, we'll all know with the sudden disappearance of the Nazi / Skinhead sites. I'm pretty sure they're at the top of his personal hit list.

Oh, make no mistake. Obama and his leftist Democrat minions are chomping at the bit to shut down ANY conservative or rightie sites as we speak (See: Obama's henchmen/women in the IRS targeting rightie ONLY 501C applications to prevent them from forming right before the 2012 presidential election....which just happens to be election tampering).

Again....just wait until Net Neutrality gets fully implemented. The rats will tweak it and add on to it until it does exactly what their agenda demands....

shutting down all opposition.

Motown
10-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Please? We've had enough of wars as of late. But if one must, please start a thread and have it out down in the steel cage forum. We'd rather not the wars take place in regular threads, as sometimes IED's get inadvertently left behind and then innocent folks step on them, and then :blowup:
Please? Really? Handle it before it gets to me, don't point to me after you failed to handle it.

Perianne
10-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Everyone behave. We have new members and I want all to stay and post with us without having to fight. This is an order from Perianne.

Drummond
10-12-2015, 02:30 PM

Don't tempt me, now ..... :eek:

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 02:31 PM
If as we think, this highlights some differences between the UK and US boards. Simple threats won't take this place down. We can and always will be able to use our freedom of speech. Discussing shitty policy and actions around the world is something we can do, and should be able to do. If our government or outsiders have an issue with us using our freedom of speech, they will have to get a court order and take this place from us before I would ever give in. Hate to see a place go belly up over stupid reasons.

Motown
10-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Oh great, now the UK has weighed in. I love the UK. I respect them a lot /sarcasm

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 02:34 PM
Please? Really? Handle it before it gets to me, don't point to me after you failed to handle it.

Could you please point out to me what I have failed to handle? All I saw was you and stating someone else has asked you for war. I did not see this. Can you quote it for me? Furthermore, staff doesn't see everything, so please don't assume I failed to handle something, if you have not reported a post or approached a staff member with an issue. I'm not aware of either of these taking place.

Perianne
10-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Oh great, now the UK has weighed in. I love the UK. I respect them a lot /sarcasm

Motown, you are new here, too. I would be upset if anyone attacked you and I would come to your defense, sir. So I ask the same of you and everyone else: quit attacking our new people. I for one am happy that MY friends from the UK forum came here. I vouch for them and I expect others to give them a chance... a good chance at that.

So, everyone please be nice to Motown, Nonnie, Christie Brinkley, and all the other new people. This forum needs some fresh blood sometimes. Posters come and go. This forum won't last if only people leave. We have to have NEW people join so when others leave, there are enough people here to keep things alive.

Besides, this is the only forum with Perianne here. So of course people are gonna want to be here. Let's not run them off!!!! Again, this is an order!

DLT
10-12-2015, 02:38 PM

Watch it. I have relatives over there.

Motown
10-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Could you please point out to me what I have failed to handle? All I saw was you and stating someone else has asked you for war. I did not see this. Can you quote it for me? Furthermore, staff doesn't see everything, so please don't assume I failed to handle something, if you have not reported a post or approached a staff member with an issue. I'm not aware of either of these taking place.

You chose a quote from me? Why? I wasn't the only one doing this. I'm a dick everyone else gets a free pass? Seriously...if that's how you think then ban me asshole.

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 02:43 PM
You chose a quote from me? Why? I wasn't the only one doing this. I'm a dick everyone else gets a free pass? Seriously...if that's how you think then ban me asshole.

Huh? You are the only one here declaring war somehow. I tried to be nice and intervene in a respectful manner. You're deciding to fight me on this instead of just backing off whatever this "war" is with another member. I have no idea what this person did, that you say I failed at, and now you prefer to call me an asshole and telling me to ban you, instead of simply talking like an adult and telling me what happened?

You can try again, and perhaps be a little more respectful. The choice is yours. I kindly asked you to keep any wars/fighting in the cage area, as you were the only one suggesting such. I don't see that as out of line. But if you think that makes me an asshole, then so be it.

NightTrain
10-12-2015, 02:44 PM

Dude, seriously, time to sober up.

DLT
10-12-2015, 02:44 PM

Nobody even knows what the hell you're talking about. If you know, how about explaining it to the rest of us?

Drummond
10-12-2015, 02:46 PM

... I'd noticed, thanks ...

As I've surely proved in spades, I'm easily capable of giving as good as I get, especially if the Mods here are as wedded to 'freedom of speech' as they say they are (and I don't doubt it, by the way ..).

But Jim does have a point. If you really want heated contention, the Steel Cage exists to serve that purpose. I'm sold on the need to refer such stuff over there as and when it happens. So, Motown, if you really have an issue with the British, why not debate it (or whatever you precisely intend) over on that section of the forum ?

DLT
10-12-2015, 02:48 PM
If as we think, this highlights some differences between the UK and US boards. Simple threats won't take this place down. We can and always will be able to use our freedom of speech. Discussing shitty policy and actions around the world is something we can do, and should be able to do. If our government or outsiders have an issue with us using our freedom of speech, they will have to get a court order and take this place from us before I would ever give in. Hate to see a place go belly up over stupid reasons.

As a forum owner, I trust that you will keep up with any news or changes or over-reaches made re: that Net Neutrality BS though, right?

And consider the fact that using court orders and other legal tools is exactly how they are implementing their leftist agenda as we speak. JS....

jimnyc
10-12-2015, 02:52 PM
As a forum owner, I trust that you will keep up with any news or changes or over-reaches made re: that Net Neutrality BS though, right?

And consider the fact that using court orders and other legal tools is exactly how they are implementing their leftist agenda as we speak. JS....

Yes, I always try to remain in the loop when it comes to internet regulations, as well as any laws that may affect freedom of speech or how discussions in general take place.

Abbey Marie
10-13-2015, 08:29 PM
What the heck is going on now? I just read the entire thread, and I saw no one trying to antagonize Motown.

NightTrain
10-13-2015, 08:44 PM
What the heck is going on now? I just read the entire thread, and I saw no one trying to antagonize Motown.

Motown antagonized Motown, from what I could discern.

Gunny
10-13-2015, 08:59 PM

You should go in those caves. My ass. Glad I had F-18 support. THAT is balls.

Them medals don't mean shit when you lose someone. Mine are in a box in either my daughter's or neice's garage. Your grandpa was hard fucking corps. :salute:

gabosaurus
10-13-2015, 11:20 PM
Could you please point out to me what I have failed to handle?

http://yalt.crcna.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Where-do-I-start-resized-600.png

:p :p

gabosaurus
10-13-2015, 11:25 PM
There are some members who take this forum a bit too seriously.
If something posted on DP (or anyplace online) offends you to the point where you need anger management, it is time to call it a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFWxp5L88Vw

NightTrain
10-14-2015, 12:48 AM
You should go in those caves. My ass. Glad I had F-18 support. THAT is balls.

Them medals don't mean shit when you lose someone. Mine are in a box in either my daughter's or neice's garage. Your grandpa was hard fucking corps. :salute:

Yeah, that's where Gramps kept his medals, in a box with the rest of his war memorabilia in his shed. He had a WWII scrapbook with pics of some of the stuff that happened over there, one of his most prized items was an original picture of the Flag-Raising on Iwo Jima that he traded the photographer for. I don't remember what exactly he traded for it, but it seems to me it was a rare Jap weapon he picked up off the battlefield.

Anyway, the box with all that stuff was in the shed when a really wet snow collapsed the roof of the shed and pretty much destroyed everything with water. It was the destroyed Iwo Jima picture that grieved him the most out of the loss.

Gunny
10-14-2015, 01:48 AM
Yeah, that's where Gramps kept his medals, in a box with the rest of his war memorabilia in his shed. He had a WWII scrapbook with pics of some of the stuff that happened over there, one of his most prized items was an original picture of the Flag-Raising on Iwo Jima that he traded the photographer for. I don't remember what exactly he traded for it, but it seems to me it was a rare Jap weapon he picked up off the battlefield.

Anyway, the box with all that stuff was in the shed when a really wet snow collapsed the roof of the shed and pretty much destroyed everything with water. It was the destroyed Iwo Jima picture that grieved him the most out of the loss.

I can see that.

Sounds like a Marine I'd serve with ANY day. You should be proud.

Gunny
10-14-2015, 02:07 AM

FYI, if you'd ever seen and been in one of those caves your balls would crawl up in your chest. Been in a couple at White Beach. Going into one while under fire? That's some stone cold shit. Coming out alive is John Wayne shit. Must have been protecting something otherwise he'd have just blown the hole.

indago
10-14-2015, 05:50 AM
FYI, if you'd ever seen and been in one of those caves your balls would crawl up in your chest. Been in a couple at White Beach. Going into one while under fire? That's some stone cold shit. Coming out alive is John Wayne shit. Must have been protecting something otherwise he'd have just blown the hole.

Sometimes there are women and children in there. Some have mixed feelings about killing women and children, knowing that there are enemy soldiers hiding behind them...

Gunny
10-14-2015, 06:04 AM
Sometimes there are women and children in there. Some have mixed feelings about killing women and children, knowing that there are enemy soldiers hiding behind them...

Yeah? So let the enemy win, right?

So when your yankee army marched through Georgia it was okay then, right? Them Southern women and children didn't matter?

Seems to me last I recall there was this event called a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. The Japanese created their own doom. And there is ALWAYS collateral damage. You goofballs want to tie our hands behind our backs so we can't win because you really just don't know jack shit.

You know who the LAST people that want to go to war are? The MF-ers fighting it. And we damned sure don't want to listen to wuss-ass couch potatoes trying to tell us how we should have done it when we get home. Thhink you're so damned smart? Gear up and get out there. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. We don't start your wars. We just fight them.

Why don't you big mouths hold your public officials accountable?

Still just blaming the gun instead of the reason.

indago
10-14-2015, 06:22 AM
Yeah? So let the enemy win, right?

So when your yankee army marched through Georgia it was okay then, right? Them Southern women and children didn't matter?

Seems to me last I recall there was this event called a sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. The Japanese created their own doom. And there is ALWAYS collateral damage. You goofballs want to tie our hands behind our backs so we can't win because you really just don't know jack shit.

You know who the LAST people that want to go to war are? The MF-ers fighting it. And we damned sure don't want to listen to wuss-ass couch potatoes trying to tell us how we should have done it when we get home. Thhink you're so damned smart? Gear up and get out there. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. We don't start your wars. We just fight them.

Why don't you big mouths hold your public officials accountable?

Still just blaming the gun instead of the reason.

Whining'nSniveling goes HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

Gunny
10-14-2015, 06:33 AM
Whining'nSniveling goes HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

Lame. Guess it's easier than having an actual answer though, huh?

indago
10-14-2015, 06:51 AM
Lame. Guess it's easier than having an actual answer though, huh?

What kind of "answer" would go to a WhineySnivel?

Gunny
10-14-2015, 07:04 AM
What kind of "answer" would go to a WhineySnivel?

Depends on your interpretation of "whiny snivel". You could at least spell "whiny" correctly when admonishing others. :slap:

I personally think people should just say what they want and you can address it or not. A blanket thread and and a link to it on your part enthuses me about as much as a cut n paste. Hell, if you just made a statement in your own words someone here might actually like you.

NightTrain
10-14-2015, 09:21 AM
I can see that.

Sounds like a Marine I'd serve with ANY day. You should be proud.

Thanks, man. I'm very proud of him... I used to pester him to tell me war stories constantly as a youngster. One of his brothers was at Pearl Harbor when that all went down, I want to say he was on the Arizona but not sure about that - it's been many years.

I'd love to visit there someday and check it out, get a better understanding of what he went through there. By all accounts, it was an absolutely hellish experience at the time.

Again, the details fail me, but my understanding is that they didn't have any heavy weapons to blow that cave and because the machine gun had them pinned down so they couldn't move anywhere, the only choice was to charge the cave and kill or be killed. He said he fully expected to die before he actually reached the cave, but somehow made it before any of the Japs could nail him - maybe they were reloading the machine gun or something. He just explained it with a fatalistic shrug and said, "It wasn't my time to die".

indago
10-14-2015, 04:29 PM
You could at least spell "whiny" correctly when admonishing others.

I spelled it that way to give you something else to Whine'nSnivel about...

Gunny
10-14-2015, 04:31 PM
I spelled it that way to give you something else to Whine'nSnivel about...

Got news for ya chumly ... I don't whine. Maybe in my next life though just to make YOU happy.:laugh:

indago
10-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Got news for ya chumly ... I don't whine. Maybe in my next life though just to make YOU happy.:laugh:

I see, so that was a Snivel...

Or was it a LegHump?

Abbey Marie
10-14-2015, 05:04 PM
At what point does complaining about whining constitute whining? ;)

Gunny
10-14-2015, 05:05 PM
I see, so that was a Snivel...

Or was it a LegHump?

From ME? More like a f*ck off and die.:laugh:

Seems to me the sniveler hear is one always sniveling about other people. Might want to take a good long look at the whatever you claim to be in the mirror.

indago
10-15-2015, 05:23 AM
From ME? More like a f*ck off and die.:laugh:

Seems to me the sniveler hear is one always sniveling about other people. Might want to take a good long look at the whatever you claim to be in the mirror.

"sniveler hear"? Talk about correct spelling...

Perianne
10-19-2015, 06:25 PM

I suppose Motown has left forever. :(

DLT
10-25-2015, 01:49 PM

I've been meaning to post this for the Brit Forum guys, in case they've never seen it. Pretty funny satire poking fun at the mods there (who are probably and no doubt trying to find yet another gig where they can 'carry on' that same tradition).....hehe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njBEFGC51JQ