PDA

View Full Version : Abusing his position

WiccanLiberal
08-31-2015, 02:37 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9DSFQU5HiYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am normally a supporter of police. I think they are, for the most part, brave and selfless individuals doing a very difficult job. That said, this officer abused his position. How is making and maintaining eye contact a sufficient reason for following a motorist who has, at that time, done nothing else wrong? I know Ohio police have a very bad reputation as well for deliberately targeting out of state motorists but this is absurd.

Gunny
08-31-2015, 02:51 PM
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9DSFQU5HiYc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I am normally a supporter of police. I think they are, for the most part, brave and selfless individuals doing a very difficult job. That said, this officer abused his position. How is making and maintaining eye contact a sufficient reason for following a motorist who has, at that time, done nothing else wrong? I know Ohio police have a very bad reputation as well for deliberately targeting out of state motorists but this is absurd.

The same everywhere. Drive through Texas with an Ohio tag.

And I'm not going to go as far as brave and selfless. Yes, there are good cops. Most abuse their authority and use excessive force. You always here "stop resisting" ... well ... if a person's arm was ment to be bent that way why you knee their head into the sidewalk there probably would be any resistance.

And it's always a lose/lose deal. You didn't act nervous enough so you're guilty, or you acted too nervous so you're guilty. They spend too much time trying to read people instead of listening to them.

Voted4Reagan
08-31-2015, 03:25 PM
this happens in all 50 states..

The revenue at stake is too great.

Unfortunately it's what happens when you turn your police departments into the equivalent of IRS AGENTS.

The system needs a good long look... and an overhaul.

Gunny
08-31-2015, 03:34 PM
this happens in all 50 states..

The revenue at stake is too great.

Unfortunately it's what happens when you turn your police departments into the equivalent of IRS AGENTS.

The system needs a good long look... and an overhaul.

Oh I agree. States like Texas and FL are worse because they have no state tax. Texas at least, makes it up with tickets. I got a no seatbelt ticket for starting my truck before I put the seatbelt on. I had the big red truck and it was just my turn.

And yeah on the IRS thing. No difference.

Perianne
08-31-2015, 04:29 PM
Oh I agree. States like Texas and FL are worse because they have no state tax. Texas at least, makes it up with tickets. I got a no seatbelt ticket for starting my truck before I put the seatbelt on. I had the big red truck and it was just my turn.

And yeah on the IRS thing. No difference.

He gave you a ticket for your own good. Starting a big red truck is one of the most dangerous things a man can do. You could have been killed. Trucks will take off by themselves. And what if there had been a gun in your truck? Society would have had a truck taking off by itself while the gun was shooting at people!

jimnyc
08-31-2015, 04:39 PM

I agree. I am seeing more and more videos of cops just being dicks. I don't know if it's because of being filmed, or because of recent killings. But knowing there are cameras out there, they need to remain professional even when people get out of line (to an extent).

And yep, out of state plates will get ya harassed everywhere. Try having New York plates! (well, I know you and V4R do!) Everywhere outside of NY/NJ they think you're insane if you have NY plates. They would rather collect $$$ from out of staters than locals.

Gunny
08-31-2015, 04:41 PM
He gave you a ticket for your own good. Starting a big red truck is one of the most dangerous things a man can do. You could have been killed. Trucks will take off by themselves. And what if there had been a gun in your truck? Society would have had a truck taking off by itself while the gun was shooting at people!

I know. Right. I surprised I didn't get a "no two hands on the wheel" ticket since one was filled with a taco.

There WAS a gun in my truck. :) Why would I want to shoot at people when I got a 3/4 ton pickup with a HD front bumper? That's got to hurt a LOT worse.:laugh:

indago
08-31-2015, 06:39 PM

Yes, there's nothing more dangerous than an armed Big Red Truck...