PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Ben Carson Ties Donald Trump in Iowa Poll

Abbey Marie
08-31-2015, 06:57 PM
A cause for cautious celebration, IMO!!

Mr. Trump and Mr. Carson were deadlocked with the support of 23 percent of the Iowans who were polled. Carly Fiorina, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas and Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin made up the next tier of candidates.
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/08/31/ben-carson-ties-donald-trump-in-iowa-poll/?smid=fb-share&_r=0

jimnyc
08-31-2015, 07:09 PM
I can't find anything to dislike about Carson. I liked him from the beginning too, just not sure if he has the appeal to go all the way. I hope he does! I think he's probably the smartest of the bunch. My only minor concern is the way he addressed immigration in the past with a little more leeway than I would like, but I can deal with a "little". So long as he doesn't go any amnesty route.

Russ
09-01-2015, 07:31 PM
I can't find anything to dislike about Carson. I liked him from the beginning too, just not sure if he has the appeal to go all the way. I hope he does! I think he's probably the smartest of the bunch. My only minor concern is the way he addressed immigration in the past with a little more leeway than I would like, but I can deal with a "little". So long as he doesn't go any amnesty route.

I agree, but at this point I'm much more interested in hearing the candidates talk about securing the border. I think the daunting issue of amnesty, path to citizenship, etc. actually ends up getting in the way of steps being taken to secure the border.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2015, 09:09 PM
I agree, but at this point I'm much more interested in hearing the candidates talk about securing the border. I think the daunting issue of amnesty, path to citizenship, etc. actually ends up getting in the way of steps being taken to secure the border.

Trump could choose from any of the C's --as his running mate
1, Carson
2, Cruz
3, Carly

And I'd be happy with that choice even if Trump took second fiddle himself (!) , which he'd never do methinks.Tyr