PDA

View Full Version : Despite any reports of my demise, or passing.

aboutime
08-31-2015, 07:15 PM
Per the reminder shown on every page I see, asking me to post here.

"I decided over a month ago, I would only drop by, and read/view the forum topics as a means of
enforcing my own brand of using the Ignore feature...and staying silent.
I learned it was impractical, and useless to offer any further statements OF MY OWN, only to later discover my posts (opinions/posts) were..on one hand being ignored, while my words were magically being repeated (almost verbatim), when I read other posts.
So. I decided to take the source of my own opinions, and the facts I never Abused, or Fabricated here, away from those who pretended NOT to read my posts...yet somehow managed to use my words.

Can't get much clearer than that.
So. I will remain silent, and offer the infrequent suggested post here to maintain my presence.

I have learned how many members enjoy laughing, and belittling senior folks like myself here...while I enjoy laughing at the thought that THEY will one day learn how disrespect toward people who offer honest input, eventually makes the FOOLS expose themselves."

aboutime...(My quote)

Gunny
08-31-2015, 08:05 PM

"I decided over a month ago, I would only drop by, and read/view the forum topics as a means of
I learned it was impractical, and useless to offer any further statements OF MY OWN, only to later discover my posts (opinions/posts) were..on one hand being ignored, while my words were magically being repeated (almost verbatim), when I read other posts.
So. I decided to take the source of my own opinions, and the facts I never Abused, or Fabricated here, away from those who pretended NOT to read my posts...yet somehow managed to use my words.

So. I will remain silent, and offer the infrequent suggested post here to maintain my presence.

I have learned how many members enjoy laughing, and belittling senior folks like myself here...while I enjoy laughing at the thought that THEY will one day learn how disrespect toward people who offer honest input, eventually makes the FOOLS expose themselves."

aboutime...(My quote)

Seriously? Are you kidding?

Maybe for one reason or another some of the people here like you? I doubt they're going to beg though.

Perianne
08-31-2015, 08:06 PM
I have always liked aboutime. Does anyone know what he is complaining about?

Gunny
08-31-2015, 09:00 PM

He doesn't bother me per se, but I'll tell you what I DON'T like about him. He whines like a baby anytime anyone dares disagree with him. His whole little pout fit right now is because someone probably told him he was wrong. I ain't walking on eggshells around him nor anyone else. He thinks he can say what he wants but the rest of us can't. I know he rides the staffs' asses.

Grow up and grow a pair. I don't care if people disagree with me but I DO care if they whine like little bitches.

Voted4Reagan
09-01-2015, 06:15 AM
HEY.... ABOUTIME... My Salty old friend....

People DO like you and we miss you.... I know that WiccanLiberal and I both miss your postings...

come on back buddy.....

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 08:35 AM
If someone states unequivocally that they are gone, and then ignores any PM's to discuss their starting to post again - then I fail to see the purpose of such threads. Shit or get off the pot. I have some Pepto if you need it.

Oh, and there is NOT a "reminder on every page", whatever that means. And if someone was "borrowing" another persons words, then when someone asks for proof or a link to these borrowed words, endless amounts of times, one would think proof would be offered. I have not seen one instance of anyone stealing such words.

tailfins
09-01-2015, 08:42 AM

aboutime...(My quote)

Just do what feels good for you. Did the boredom overtake you?

Perianne
09-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Regardless of what happened, aboutime needs to come back.

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Regardless of what happened, aboutime needs to come back.

I don't think ANY member should leave over certain things - unless they simply are tired of the internet and want to leave altogether. Seems like 99% of folks that leave, do so over fights. And then 99% of the time, these folks refuse to use the ignore function.

He's been asked to come back, several times, by several people. I guess he chose this thread instead. With any luck, when he returns and sees this, maybe he'll post links and stuff and give is a better idea of SPECIFICALLY what it is he's talking about. If someone is using his words, I can understand his frustration - but he outright seems to refuse to work with me. If someone is stealing his words, we WILL put a stop to it. Plagiarism is plagiarism no matter where and who, credit due is credit due. But I can't help if accusations are tossed out - followed by snotty remarks and refusals to work with me and point out what he's talking about.

In front of the entire board here as my witness - I WILL take care of what it is he speaks of if he gives me links and such. He seems to want to complain about these alleged actions, but not share and let me help him.

And since it's against the rules and AT seemingly is leaving anyway - AT - how about now sharing the links and all? No harm can come from giving me this information now. You can send it to one of us via PM if you prefer.

NightTrain
09-01-2015, 12:11 PM

No one is kissing your ass and begging you to engage in sharing opinions. A few members have stated they'd like you to continue to post. Every page? No. You might get that result when searching for yourself since you engaged in your self-imposed exile.

Well, if you think that it's punishment, it isn't. You're only inconveniencing yourself.

No one knows what you're talking about. You've been asked a multitude of times by Jim as to what the hell you're talking about, and you refuse to answer. Referring in a very vague manner as to someone 'stealing' your ideas, using them, you bitching about it, and then being unable to even point out who the alleged Thought Thief was - let alone the thread in question - speaks of someone who can't produce specifics because it never happened.

Either man up and tell Jim who your Idea Stealer is so he can correct the issue, or acknowledge that you made it up and move forward.

Whatever floats your boat there, Skipper.

Rejecting help from the owner to rectify things after making many accusations of foul play won't solve anything.

aboutime...(My quote)

You don't have a monopoly on honest input. There are exactly 2 people on this board that don't offer honest input that I can think of. Those 2 people are regularly accused of trolling, rightfully so, and their opinions are generally disregarded out of hand. They're used as the occasional chew toy and it's a status of their own making.

Who belittles Seniors because of their age here on DP? No one. That's a bullshit accusation.

It's been done here by 1 of the trolls, but it wasn't directed at you. Know what that 'victim' did? Laughed at it and hit back like a God damn gorilla. The troll retreated like always to lick the wounds and that was that.

If you think you've been belittled because of your age, think again. Your age has nothing to do with how you're perceived around here.

I can only suggest you stop playing the victim. It doesn't carry water.

Let's just cut to the chase here.

You're pissed because I told you to stop attacking new members. I told you more than a few times to stop doing it, and you fucked me off. The whole board saw it building, and it's all archived for anyone's perusal.

I tried to be nice about it the first few times so that you wouldn't lose face, but that didn't work. You perceived my kindness as weakness and you soldiered on, attacking anyone new appearing at the door.

It came to a head with Balu and I let it rip.

I said what I did for the good of the board, and it was due to your own stubbornness that we arrived where we did in the Balu thread. You were wrong, and you know it. I will defend new members being attacked unfairly no matter who the offender is. It is my duty to do so and I won't apologize for doing it.

Until I get a new directive from Jim, that policy won't change. It's not unreasonable and everyone understands why it is in place.

You are free to call me an asshole, or a prick, or a shithead, or whatever you like. You wouldn't be the first to do so, along with a lot more funny descriptors. I'm good with it, and usually laugh at it - I even rep people for a good insult against me. You don't have to like me.

It is you that continues to drag this out and I think everyone would like to see this put to rest.

You do have friends here that would like you to be an active member. So now that everything is all out in the open and there's no need for vague passive-aggressive posts, do you think we can all move past this whole ugly thing?

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Who belittles Seniors because of their age here on DP? No one. That's a bullshit accusation.

It's been done here by 1 of the trolls, but it wasn't directed at you. Know what that 'victim' did? Laughed at it and hit back like a God damn gorilla. The troll retreated like always to lick the wounds and that was that.

If you think you've been belittled because of your age, think again. Your age has nothing to do with how you're perceived around here.

Granted that AT may be a tad older than some - but seems like the majority of the board is over 40, and many over 50, and a few over 60... and yes some younger folks too. Many of us 40+ make fun of ourselves on age based things and poke at others with similar things. No one here is being attacked for their age, and I mean NO ONE. If folks here did that I would not stand for it. Hell, my own Mom posted here who was in her 60's at the time.

I am generally a fan of those older than me when they post. More experience and more knowledge than myself. :)

Kathianne
09-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Granted that AT may be a tad older than some - but seems like the majority of the board is over 40, and many over 50, and a few over 60... and yes some younger folks too. Many of us 40+ make fun of ourselves on age based things and poke at others with similar things. No one here is being attacked for their age, and I mean NO ONE. If folks here did that I would not stand for it. Hell, my own Mom posted here who was in her 60's at the time.

I am generally a fan of those older than me when they post. More experience and more knowledge than myself. :)
Very true, junior! :laugh:

Perianne
09-01-2015, 12:57 PM

I am so old I remember when dirt was clean.

Abbey Marie
09-01-2015, 01:51 PM
He doesn't bother me per se, but I'll tell you what I DON'T like about him. He whines like a baby anytime anyone dares disagree with him. His whole little pout fit right now is because someone probably told him he was wrong. I ain't walking on eggshells around him nor anyone else. He thinks he can say what he wants but the rest of us can't. I know he rides the staffs' asses.

Grow up and grow a pair. I don't care if people disagree with me but I DO care if they whine like little bitches.

But walking on eggshells can be fun. ;)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_R55nU59SZNA/TOCS58_jeNI/AAAAAAAAArM/sQo_7zgO6SM/s1600/walking_on_egg_shells_by_ted_drakness.jpg

LongTermGuy
09-01-2015, 02:37 PM

*I never really understood what it was...I liked aboutime.He had some good posts...:cool:

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 03:44 PM
I am so old I remember when dirt was clean.

I remember a friend of Gunny's saying that when he would laugh, puffs of old dirt would come out of his mouth. :laugh:

Perianne
09-01-2015, 03:45 PM
I remember a friend of Gunny's saying that when he would laugh, puffs of old dirt would come out of his mouth. :laugh:

Then that man definitely needs to wash out his mouth with soap.

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Then that man definitely needs to wash out his mouth with soap.

Also for his bad mouth! But wouldn't soap and dirt create some sort of mud?

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 04:22 PM
At, seeing as you read the thread and didn't respond, I guess that's a no on the request, again. :(

Abbey Marie
09-01-2015, 07:24 PM
C'mon AT- you need to back up your accusations.

tailfins
09-01-2015, 07:46 PM
*I never really understood what it was...I liked aboutime.He had some good posts...:cool:

It doesn't matter to me either way. If posting here gives him joy, he should do it. If it takes away from his joy, he shouldn't.

Gunny
09-01-2015, 08:18 PM
No one is kissing your ass and begging you to engage in sharing opinions. A few members have stated they'd like you to continue to post. Every page? No. You might get that result when searching for yourself since you engaged in your self-imposed exile.

Well, if you think that it's punishment, it isn't. You're only inconveniencing yourself.

No one knows what you're talking about. You've been asked a multitude of times by Jim as to what the hell you're talking about, and you refuse to answer. Referring in a very vague manner as to someone 'stealing' your ideas, using them, you bitching about it, and then being unable to even point out who the alleged Thought Thief was - let alone the thread in question - speaks of someone who can't produce specifics because it never happened.

Either man up and tell Jim who your Idea Stealer is so he can correct the issue, or acknowledge that you made it up and move forward.

Whatever floats your boat there, Skipper.

Rejecting help from the owner to rectify things after making many accusations of foul play won't solve anything.

You don't have a monopoly on honest input. There are exactly 2 people on this board that don't offer honest input that I can think of. Those 2 people are regularly accused of trolling, rightfully so, and their opinions are generally disregarded out of hand. They're used as the occasional chew toy and it's a status of their own making.

Let's just cut to the chase here.

You're pissed because I told you to stop attacking new members. I told you more than a few times to stop doing it, and you fucked me off. The whole board saw it building, and it's all archived for anyone's perusal.

I tried to be nice about it the first few times so that you wouldn't lose face, but that didn't work. You perceived my kindness as weakness and you soldiered on, attacking anyone new appearing at the door.

It came to a head with Balu and I let it rip.

I said what I did for the good of the board, and it was due to your own stubbornness that we arrived where we did in the Balu thread. You were wrong, and you know it. I will defend new members being attacked unfairly no matter who the offender is. It is my duty to do so and I won't apologize for doing it.

Until I get a new directive from Jim, that policy won't change. It's not unreasonable and everyone understands why it is in place.

You are free to call me an asshole, or a prick, or a shithead, or whatever you like. You wouldn't be the first to do so, along with a lot more funny descriptors. I'm good with it, and usually laugh at it - I even rep people for a good insult against me. You don't have to like me.

It is you that continues to drag this out and I think everyone would like to see this put to rest.

You do have friends here that would like you to be an active member. So now that everything is all out in the open and there's no need for vague passive-aggressive posts, do you think we can all move past this whole ugly thing?

Dude. Those are MY titles. You go get your own. :laugh:

And speaking of names, I'm tired of some pink panty wearing SOB acting like a baby. You dish it out then be prepared for incoming. And who the f*ck is begging him to come back? Ain't like I missed him.

He can grow up like the rest of us and get teased like the rest of us and quit getting his panties in a bunch over it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2015, 09:50 PM
AT is his own man. I respect the hell out of him and salute his service. :salute:

I just hope I was not to blame for any of his troubles here. If so, it damn sure was not intentional.
I hope he comes back and blasts the way he did at our old forum.
I watched him there for 5 solid years rips the liberal asshats there apart and make them look like fools!
Come on AT.
Drop the axe and let the tree stand. --Tyr

Jeff
09-02-2015, 06:12 AM
Let it rest, AT ( hopefully ) is taking a break, the fact that he started this thread shows he wants to come back, give him some time to chill and relax and hopefully he will be back and in fill form once again !!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Let it rest, AT ( hopefully ) is taking a break, the fact that he started this thread shows he wants to come back, give him some time to chill and relax and hopefully he will be back and in fill form once again !!

Hell, seems we all need to take a short break from time to time....
I hope that AT DOES come back soon and gives us the benefit of his long life lived, past military career and
insight into the depravity of the liberal minded vermin that seem to always infest one way or another every political forum, despite any claims to the contrary. -Tyr

indago
09-02-2015, 09:39 AM
...my posts (opinions/posts) were..on one hand being ignored, while my words were magically being repeated... (and other and sundry aberrations, ramifications, fixations, lamentations, hallucinations, and incantations)

Post it HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread)