PDA

View Full Version : I Think I Want A New Doggy

Perianne
09-01-2015, 08:47 AM
My precious little angel, Mollie Bean, died last month. She had been an abused animal rescue from the animal shelter. I wanted to give her a good home in her last few years. It turned out to be only 2 1/2 years, but she was happy. She loved us soooo much, and we loved her, too.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7632&stc=1

Anyway, I miss her and want to do a similar thing again for another little mistreated doggy. Do any of you have any experience with Chihuahuas? I see one is available now, a little boy dog who is older.

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Do any of you have any experience with Chihuahuas?

Of course, I have one!! Porter is about 9 now, had him since he was 6 weeks. Perhaps one of the most loyal little doggies, to their owner/master. He/she will perpetually be in your lap and be happy. But say BOO and watch him shiver. Lightning? He'll be in your lap!! Awesome little doggies though!!

http://i.imgur.com/ilgXc39.jpg

Gunny
09-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Of course, I have one!! Porter is about 9 now, had him since he was 6 weeks. Perhaps one of the most loyal little doggies, to their owner/master. He/she will perpetually be in your lap and be happy. But say BOO and watch him shiver. Lightning? He'll be in your lap!! Awesome little doggies though!!

http://i.imgur.com/ilgXc39.jpg

You are SO toast. You went and got a new puppy?

Perianne
09-01-2015, 08:56 AM

How well does he get along with other animals? We also have a sissy dachshund. He is a good dog, but would be easily pushed around by an aggressive dog.

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 08:59 AM
You are SO toast. You went and got a new puppy?

Nooooo... that little guy was picked up while I was living with Jeff in Georgia, probably 2006, I think? He's been with us ever since.

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 09:01 AM
How well does he get along with other animals? We also have a sissy dachshund. He is a good dog, but would be easily pushed around by an aggressive dog.

Yeah, Chihuahua's think they rule the roost, even if you had a pit bull or a mastiff!! But they dominate, not usually bite. Check his temperament, maybe even put the 2 of them together ahead of time to see how they react. My chihuahua and Pug were literally inseparable, best of friends. But they were put together while the Chihuahua was still only 6 weeks old. I think he thought that Jerome was his Dad maybe, or older brother! :)

Gunny
09-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Nooooo... that little guy was picked up while I was living with Jeff in Georgia, probably 2006, I think? He's been with us ever since.

I see how you are. Blame Jeff, huh? The fact that he's an arch-criminal aside, YOU have the puppy.

The GF has 2 chihuahuas and a dog that looks and acts like Astro. :laugh:

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 09:04 AM
I see how you are. Blame Jeff, huh? The fact that he's an arch-criminal aside, YOU have the puppy.

The GF has 2 chihuahuas and a dog that looks and acts like Astro. :laugh:

Jeff's worse than me. You see him angry at a cat one day for scratching him, then the next time I talk to him he has like 8 cats and 6 dogs! LOL

Yep, Chihuahuas sure have a lot of personality, or stupidity! But they sure are fun little dogs!

Gunny
09-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Jeff's worse than me. You see him angry at a cat one day for scratching him, then the next time I talk to him he has like 8 cats and 6 dogs! LOL

Yep, Chihuahuas sure have a lot of personality, or stupidity! But they sure are fun little dogs!

That a fact? Oh J-e-e--f-f-f ..... come on out to play ....:laugh: