But it's Mary Jane Rottencrotch. :)

Perianne
09-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Hell, that almost gave me a hardon.:laugh:

Well, thanks for sharing that! lol

Noir
09-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Weak argument is weak, especially the 'deserving' aspect, by way of an example-
Jim, you're in a job, do you earn more than $18,378? If so, do you think you deserve to be paid more than the private getting shot at, deployed etc..?

Gunny
09-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Well, thanks for sharing that! lol

Sorry. I like it when Marines sound like Marines. :)

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 09:45 AM

Now that Gunny was awesome!! While one of the best flicks ever, imagine how awesome it would have been if he were in it and in charge for the entire flick? :)

Gunny
09-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Jim, you're in a job, do you earn more than $18,378? If so, do you think you deserve to be paid more than the private getting shot at, deployed etc..?

You would know about that weak argument shit, huh?

Gunny
09-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Now that Gunny was awesome!! While one of the best flicks ever, imagine how awesome it would have been if he were in it and in charge for the entire flick? :)

You talking about R. Lee Ermey? He WAS in charge of the boot camp portion of the flick. You can't fake THAT. That dude was a hat, no "if's" or "but's". But he was the consultant and driving force behind the first half of the flick.

My SDI was just like him, and so was I when I wore that cover.

And back to the drawing board, why the fuck should some pissant burger flipper get paid as much money as someone that goes off to get shot at?

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 09:53 AM

2 different scenarios here:

1 - I think burger flippers, fast food workers, should get what the market dictates. For such places to remain profitable and to offer low prices, they have always employed kids and other folks with low skills, knowing they can pay minimums and still offer competitive prices. Giving low wages isn't doing anything wrong, as they are offering such to kids, and other folks with low or no skills. In other words, they are getting what they are valued at for such a business.

2 - I know our economy cannot afford my proposal - but those facing bullets should get MUCH MUCH more than they get now. This is regardless of what others make. They are way underpaid, but everyone knows that going in, just as Mcdonalds workers know it going in.

*** I very often made more than military folks, much much more. I deserved what I got paid, and sometimes deserved more. But I don't believe I deserved more than military folks. The military should get more, those placing their lives on the line. Civilian workers should get what their business/company dictates and can afford, and not a penny more. No way an entire business should have to raise prices and lose customers - just so that kids and others with little to no skills can feel happier and live better.

I was living crappy when I was like 19. I was making like $9 an hour driving a van delivering crap to medical offices. I couldn't even imagine "demanding" more from anyone! What did I do? I went back to school, got quite a few certificates to get myself employed in the computer field. And it didn't stop there, I continued with the schools (networking (cisco), regular repair, and then to another University). This made me MORE employable and helped me get better jobs and more money.

Gunny
09-01-2015, 09:56 AM
2 different scenarios here:

1 - I think burger flippers, fast food workers, should get what the market dictates. For such places to remain profitable and to offer low prices, they have always employed kids and other folks with low skills, knowing they can pay minimums and still offer competitive prices. Giving low wages isn't doing anything wrong, as they are offering such to kids, and other folks with low or no skills. In other words, they are getting what they are valued at for such a business.

2 - I know our economy cannot afford my proposal - but those facing bullets should get MUCH MUCH more than they get now. This is regardless of what others make. They are way underpaid, but everyone knows that going in, just as Mcdonalds workers know it going in.

*** I very often made more than military folks, much much more. I deserved what I got paid, and sometimes deserved more. But I don't believe I deserved more than military folks. The military should get more, those placing their lives on the line. Civilian workers should get what their business/company dictates and can afford, and not a penny more. No way an entire business should have to raise prices and lose customers - just so that kids and others with little to no skills can feel happier and live better.

I was living crappy when I was like 19. I was making like $9 an hour driving a van delivering crap to medical offices. I couldn't even imagine "demanding" more from anyone! What did I do? I went back to school, got quite a few certificates to get myself employed in the computer field. And it didn't stop there, I continued with the schools (networking (cisco), regular repair, and then to another University). This made me MORE employable and helped me get better jobs and more money.

If you earned it, that's fine. You can drag your knuckles on the ground and flip burgers.

Perianne
09-01-2015, 09:58 AM
Isn't the military a starting place for many people? Aren't there benefits afterwards like college and preferred status in hiring in some places?

Regardless, I agree that anyone placing their lives on the line should be paid a big whopping amount.

Gunny
09-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Isn't the military a starting place for many people? Aren't there benefits afterwards like college and preferred status in hiring in some places?

Regardless, I agree that anyone placing their lives on the line should be paid a big whopping amount.

Yes, it is. It got me out of a Hell hole. You can get educational benefits, but the preferred hiring thing is a thing of the past. It's popular to be a gay black fag nowadays. Black Lies Matter, remember?

Noir
09-01-2015, 10:11 AM

Thus the inherent weakness on the "deserved" argument.

I was living crappy when I was like 19. I was making like $9 an hour driving a van delivering crap to medical offices. I couldn't even imagine "demanding" more from anyone!

I'm not certain of your age, but i'd guess you were 19 around 1990?
Which makes for interesting adjusted inflation numbers...
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-01%20at%2015.59.34_zps3npo2ust.png (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-01%20at%2015.59.34_zps3npo2ust.png.html)
Earning $1.43 (almost 10%) more per hour than these burger flippers are asking for was a pretty good wage, no?

Noir
09-01-2015, 10:12 AM
You would know about that weak argument shit, huh?

Yes, i do often read your posts ^,^

Gunny
09-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Yes, i do often read your posts ^,^

*Yawn*. :lame2:

Want to try again? As a person who drove a crappy ass junker and lived in a trailer and had to beg my mother for money for formula, I think I got more to say here than you do. While you weak fucks sent me off to war.

My infant diaper-wearing daughter could walk and talk by the time I got to come back home so fuck YOU. Why don't you try believing in something greater than you and belt up your silk panties and fight for it? Or do you just think it's okay to sit around on your ponce ass and let the rest of us do your fighting for you?

SO you go on down to the Burger Doodle at the end of the road and flip you some burgers. Don't EVER question me nor my Marines. That Burger Doodle exists only because of US.

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Thus the inherent weakness on the "deserved" argument.

I'm not certain of your age, but i'd guess you were 19 around 1990?
Which makes for interesting adjusted inflation numbers...
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-01%20at%2015.59.34_zps3npo2ust.png (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-01%20at%2015.59.34_zps3npo2ust.png.html)
Earning $1.43 (almost 10%) more per hour than these burger flippers are asking for was a pretty good wage, no?

Trust me, I worked for crap. When I worked for Roy Rogers (fast food), it was like 1984 or so, maybe 85? I was like 16-17-18 when I worked there. Started at like $3.25 an hour and I think I made up to like $4 an hour by the time I quit, and thought that was awesome!! Of course I couldn't live off that money, or get a place to live, or a car - or really anything at all with that money. But it was MORE than fair wages for a kid not even out of HS, or just out of HS, AND for what the job called for. That was pure minimum wage at the time, which is about what I think it's worth today.

I made more with the van driving, as it was a few years later, and my driving was a little more experienced (and I was able to pass a few tests to get the gig). Not to mention the interview was through a friend. And driving through 3 states to deliver things, starting at like 5am and often not getting back till dark, and often lifting very heavy crap. Also, being a lot was medicine related stuff, I also had to pass a background check and offer various references for security reasons. So I think $16-20 today would be fair for that job. But hell, do that calculator with $3.50 for when I worked fast food in 1985. Isn't that less than $10 for today with inflation?

Gunny
09-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Trust me, I worked for crap. When I worked for Roy Rogers (fast food), it was like 1984 or so, maybe 85? I was like 16-17-18 when I worked there. Started at like $3.25 an hour and I think I made up to like $4 an hour by the time I quit, and thought that was awesome!! Of course I couldn't live off that money, or get a place to live, or a car - or really anything at all with that money. But it was MORE than fair wages for a kid not even out of HS, or just out of HS, AND for what the job called for. That was pure minimum wage at the time, which is about what I think it's worth today.

I made more with the van driving, as it was a few years later, and my driving was a little more experienced (and I was able to pass a few tests to get the gig). Not to mention the interview was through a friend. And driving through 3 states to deliver things, starting at like 5am and often not getting back till dark, and often lifting very heavy crap. Also, being a lot was medicine related stuff, I also had to pass a background check and offer various references for security reasons. So I think $16-20 today would be fair for that job. But hell, do that calculator with $3.50 for when I worked fast food in 1985. Isn't that less than $10 for today with inflation?

You were 16 in 1984? I remember when minimum was $2.35 and I was making $3.50 and thought I was hot shit. :laugh:

Perianne
09-01-2015, 10:59 AM
You were 16 in 1984? I remember when minimum was $2.35 and I was making $3.50 and thought I was hot shit. :laugh:

In 1987, I was working in a convenience store, making $4.00 per hour. I was pregnant and in Nursing school. I made enough money to pay my way through college and help keep a household going. I gave birth in November and graduated in December.

Gunny
09-01-2015, 11:24 AM
In 1987, I was working in a convenience store, making $4.00 per hour. I was pregnant and in Nursing school. I made enough money to pay my way through college and help keep a household going. I gave birth in November and graduated in December.

How do you make $4.oo per hour in 1987? Barefoot, pregnant and everything, huh? :laugh:

I'm sorry. I don't what to say.

Perianne
09-01-2015, 11:27 AM
How do you make $4.oo per hour in 1987? Barefoot, pregnant and everything, huh? :laugh:

I'm sorry. I don't what to say.

I did have shoes. Even Kentucky people wear shoes (mostly). :)

Gunny
09-01-2015, 11:32 AM
I did have shoes. Even Kentucky people wear shoes (mostly). :)

You had shoes? I did for Sunday School and first grade. We ran around barefoot.

And if you want to know about that war crap I ain't putting it on this board. I have a PM box.

Perianne
09-01-2015, 11:34 AM
And if you want to know about that war crap I ain't putting it on this board. I have a PM box.

I don't know what you mean. What war "crap"?

Gunny
09-01-2015, 11:43 AM
I don't know what you mean. What war "crap"?

Doesn't matter, does it?

Perianne
09-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Doesn't matter, does it?

I feel like I have said something wrong to you.

Gunny
09-01-2015, 11:55 AM
I feel like I have said something wrong to you.

Nah. I'm okay. :)

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 11:55 AM

Yeps, born in 1968. When I got a raise from like 3.25 to 3.50, I thought I was hot shit too, like some sort of great employee who got recognized with a huge raise, as many others only got like .10 or .20 after like 6 months or a year.

I was a kid though, and knew the industry and why they paid so little, and I knew I wouldn't be there forever. I used it as a job to gimme some cash till I move on, not as a job to raise a family, as that's NOT what these jobs are for.

Gunny
09-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Yeps, born in 1968. When I got a raise from like 3.25 to 3.50, I thought I was hot shit too, like some sort of great employee who got recognized with a huge raise, as many others only got like .10 or .20 after like 6 months or a year.

I was a kid though, and knew the industry and why they paid so little, and I knew I wouldn't be there forever. I used it as a job to gimme some cash till I move on, not as a job to raise a family, as that's NOT what these jobs are for.

Holy crap. 1968? Hell, I was running around in sandals then. And went to Hemisfare. :laugh:

jimnyc
09-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Holy crap. 1968? Hell, I was running around in sandals then. And went to Hemisfare. :laugh:

Old bastard! :poke:

And WTF is "Hemisfare"?

CSM
09-02-2015, 08:14 AM
1968: joined the US Army; made $88 per month as a slick sleeve. Made E2 and made $92 per month. It was GREAT! LOL

Perianne
09-02-2015, 08:20 AM
1968: joined the US Army; made $88 per month as a slick sleeve. Made E2 and made $92 per month. It was GREAT! LOL

How things have changed. Sometimes I make more than that per hour.

jimnyc
09-02-2015, 08:34 AM

Ok, what is a "slick sleeve"?

CSM
09-02-2015, 09:06 AM

pay grade E-1; recruit; bottom of the ladder in the enlisted ranks; private .... shitbird, gooney, dumbass and just about any other perjorative the drill sergeants could think up. An E-1 has no rank insignia on his/her uniform. E- 2 is a step up, kinda like pond scum as compared to whale shit (bottom of the deepest ocean ala E1) and has a single stripe on each sleeve of their dress uniform.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2015, 09:16 AM

I was very selective in the girls that I (as a teenager(18/19) dated..
Nothing rotten about them--well except maybe when they commanded third base not
ever be touched by me ...:laugh::laugh::laugh:--and that was very "hard" on me.. ;)

Good girls always got criticized but look who we later looked for to marry!
Seems to me that we were the true dogs in doing all of that back then .. Just sayin'.. --Tyr

Burger flippers get $15 an hour --then combat vets should get about $515 an hour-- yes, one's life is that precious
and even much, much more..
Libs are not only assholes, arrogant and stupid but also have no damn common sense at all. -Tyr

Gunny
09-02-2015, 09:21 AM

Okay, you're old. I made a $200. paycheck and a $199. paycheck as a slick sleeve. Hell, I almost feel rich except I couldn't afford shit.:laugh:

DragonStryk72
09-02-2015, 09:23 AM

Actually, the thing is, the min wage hike won't help the fast food workers here, so really, the OP is sort of irrelevant. What l happen is that the fast food places will si.ply cut costs, using fewer employees per shift, issuing fewer hours, and automating more and more of the experience, like using a touchscreen register to get around paying a cashier.

Fast food places here have been battling declining sales as is, meaning that raising the wage is going to amplify that. Now, the big reason that fast food is dwindling is people, in general, starting to eat healthier on a regular, and thus, moving away from the quick cheap food.

Gunny
09-02-2015, 09:24 AM

pay grade E-1; recruit; bottom of the ladder in the enlisted ranks; private .... shitbird, gooney, dumbass and just about any other perjorative the drill sergeants could think up. An E-1 has no rank insignia on his/her uniform. E- 2 is a step up, kinda like pond scum as compared to whale shit (bottom of the deepest ocean ala E1) and has a single stripe on each sleeve of their dress uniform.

Yeah, what he just said. Pond scum. I LMAO. E-2 means you ain't completely worthless anymore. :laugh: You have enough value to stand duty. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Actually, the thing is, the min wage hike won't help the fast food workers here, so really, the OP is sort of irrelevant. What l happen is that the fast food places will si.ply cut costs, using fewer employees per shift, issuing fewer hours, and automating more and more of the experience, like using a touchscreen register to get around paying a cashier.

Fast food places here have been battling declining sales as is, meaning that raising the wage is going to amplify that. Now, the big reason that fast food is dwindling is people, in general, starting to eat healthier on a regular, and thus, moving away from the quick cheap food.

I Agree.
Higher min-wage will lead to more automation and more shafting of the workers in entry level positions.
As always the lib progressive agenda ends up hurting the very one it so proudly claims to champion. -Tyr

DragonStryk72
09-02-2015, 09:29 AM

We just called them Boot (Boot Camp). Boots weren't bad, it was the butter-bars who were just fucking horrible. Sweet mother of Christ! Laziest salutes I ever got... well, till one of em didn't in front of my BMC as I was coming off 36 hour shift in the Pit (Aft Shaft Bearing. Imagine a Sauna in full sleeves, heated by grease, oil, and steam to soak it in to you.).

Gunny
09-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Higher min-wage will lead to more automation and more shafting of the workers in entry level positions.
As always lib progressive agenda ends up hurting the very one it so proudly claims to champion. -Tyr

The point is, the argument is stupid. $15 an hour blanket-wise is BS. $15 an hour is good money where I'm from. Ain't so much in NYC. We all have different costs of living and pay scales. Maybe all these big city folks ought to think about not charging so much money and let people live within their means.

DragonStryk72
09-02-2015, 09:52 AM
The point is, the argument is stupid. $15 an hour blanket-wise is BS. $15 an hour is good money where I'm from. Ain't so much in NYC. We all have different costs of living and pay scales. Maybe all these big city folks ought to think about not charging so much money and let people live within their means.

Well, there is a problem with that: supply and demand in the housing market. Believe it or not, NYC is still 7.25/hr min wage, but it's so expensive to live in because the demand for housing far outstrips the supply of housing. A similar event is occuring here in portland, where so many people are moving here, that there aren't enough available apartments for the number of pepole moving.

I do agree that blanket min wage has no benefit. Now, to take a different tack, it should be a matter of county to county, based on the cost of living, with federal min wage only covering federal workers. This allows counties to mitigate their individual costs 9f living, and help break up population dense areas.

Gunny
09-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Well, there is a problem with that: supply and demand in the housing market. Believe it or not, NYC is still 7.25/hr min wage, but it's so expensive to live in because the demand for housing far outstrips the supply of housing. A similar event is occuring here in portland, where so many people are moving here, that there aren't enough available apartments for the number of pepole moving.

I do agree that blanket min wage has no benefit. Now, to take a different tack, it should be a matter of county to county, based on the cost of living, with federal min wage only covering federal workers. This allows counties to mitigate their individual costs 9f living, and help break up population dense areas.

Well, rent in San Antonio is about $800. Not $2K like NYC. I understand the difference.

You can't break up population dense areas when all the liberals hovel like rats in a hole. FOr some reason, they feel all safe in the most crime-ridden places in the US.

fj1200
09-02-2015, 01:20 PM

Does anyone really get paid 7.25 in NYC? And different states and cities are more than welcome to set their own minimum wage.

Voted4Reagan
09-02-2015, 03:34 PM

and her pretty pink panties....

DragonStryk72
09-02-2015, 04:13 PM
Does anyone really get paid 7.25 in NYC? And different states and cities are more than welcome to set their own minimum wage.

Yes, I did, as a matter of fact.

Yes, except that it cannot be less than the federal minimum wage, making it a less than ideal determinate. Which is why I had that whole fed min wage being for federal workers.

fj1200
09-03-2015, 08:59 AM

Yes, except that it cannot be less than the federal minimum wage, making it a less than ideal determinate. Which is why I had that whole fed min wage being for federal workers.

How long ago? I would have guessed that various factors would have meant workers could have commanded higher wages than the minimum. I remember awhile back that the effective minimum wage even in suburban Atlanta was like around $9 even at fast food places.

jimnyc
09-03-2015, 09:07 AM
How long ago? I would have guessed that various factors would have meant workers could have commanded higher wages than the minimum. I remember awhile back that the effective minimum wage even in suburban Atlanta was like around $9 even at fast food places.

There are Mcdonalds and similar fast food places in NYC and the majority of them pay the minimum wage, still today. That's likely how they build their business of course, knowing how many employees and knowing what the minimum wages are for unskilled workers. Today, like $9?, isn't that bad for kids living in NYC, as the majority won't have cars to fill up with gas!

Always remember, some will try and use factors for demanding a higher wage, and then 50x that amount of people will be waiting behind them for that job.

But being that everything is more expensive there, including income for the stores, they do have a better ability to pay more than the competition to retain employees.

tailfins
09-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Wages are a form of communication. It's how the market speaks to you. The government shouldn't manipulate wages. That causes workers to be lied to.

Gunny
09-03-2015, 10:17 AM
There are Mcdonalds and similar fast food places in NYC and the majority of them pay the minimum wage, still today. That's likely how they build their business of course, knowing how many employees and knowing what the minimum wages are for unskilled workers. Today, like $9?, isn't that bad for kids living in NYC, as the majority won't have cars to fill up with gas!

Always remember, some will try and use factors for demanding a higher wage, and then 50x that amount of people will be waiting behind them for that job.

But being that everything is more expensive there, including income for the stores, they do have a better ability to pay more than the competition to retain employees.

It's all a game. Yo make X amount and the people ripping you off make X amount. They're going to take whatever you can't starve off of. While the actual amount is different, the percentage is the same.

Voted4Reagan
09-03-2015, 10:40 AM
I believe the whole quote was...

"your days of Finger-banging old Mary Jane Rottencrotch through her pretty pink panties...ARE OVER!"

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/8a/8af2fa742893573756d39488b05f1a007b8279819b27a73284 76603632a3f35a.jpg

Gunny
09-03-2015, 10:48 AM

So where in the US Constitution does it state a bunch of career politicians in DC get to set the wage for people in NM?

Gunny
09-03-2015, 10:51 AM

$7.50 an hour in San Antonio. Slinging hash? for $16 you just have to know everything there is to know about electricity.

SO do you you double my wages when you double a bunch of dishwashers'?

fj1200
09-03-2015, 11:40 AM
So where in the US Constitution does it state a bunch of career politicians in DC get to set the wage for people in NM?

Commerce Clause. :poke:

$7.50 an hour in San Antonio. Slinging hash? for $16 you just have to know everything there is to know about electricity.

SO do you you double my wages when you double a bunch of dishwashers'?

Let the market determine wages.

DragonStryk72
09-03-2015, 12:06 PM

Oh, it doesn't, and therein lies the rub. It's basically been allowed, under the "general health and welfare" concept, but really, having a federal minimum wage is functionally useless, because we have a country that could fit all of Europe inside with room to spare. No one would try to say that the cost of living in Ireland is the same as that of Greece but yet, that is exactly what the federal government is doing here, with a much larger distance between the Capitol and the west coast.

By releasing it down to the county level, states can work together to even out their growth rate throughout the state, so you don't end up with the issue of Oregon and New York, where a single city is so populace that whatever that city wants gets passed, even if the entire rest of the state voted directly against it.

While it would help to raise the minimum wage in NYC (Though it needs to be incrementally, so that local businesses can absorb the cost, unlike Seattle, whose economy rapidly started to tank after they made the full jump), where the cost of living has grown way beyond the wage, the same is not true in Albany, NY even, where all that is needed is some more available rental properties to help bring down the housing costs, or the Hampton Roads area of VA, which really, just needs to keep moving with its light rail construction, in order to make the region fully accessible to everyone.

DragonStryk72
09-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Commerce Clause. :poke:

Let the market determine wages.

The Commerce Clause really wasn't built to determine wages for, essentially, the whole continent. This is where I see the problem, that it should've been a matter of the States Rights amendment, where obviously, Washington should determine Washington's wages, while Oregon determines Oregon's.

Most really bad legislative ideas seem to be born out of someone trying to stretch the definition of Constitutional clauses. Wage isn't really so much a matter of commerce, but a matter of sustainable living/value for effort, and should be handled more locally for better results.

DragonStryk72
09-03-2015, 12:14 PM

As of 2013, at least. I still have family in NYC, so I usually get to listen to a lot of the bitching about issues like minimum wage.

fj1200
09-03-2015, 12:16 PM
^^It was a joke. The Commerce Clause is very convenient to Federal intrusion.

fj1200
09-03-2015, 12:17 PM
As of 2013, at least. I still have family in NYC, so I usually get to listen to a lot of the bitching about issues like minimum wage.

That surprises me but it's what you get when you have excess supply or insufficient demand.

DragonStryk72
09-03-2015, 05:15 PM
That surprises me but it's what you get when you have excess supply or insufficient demand.

Also, lazy legislators who wait for basically a screaming majority to do anything to address the issue.