PDA

View Full Version : Killing Cops

Gunny
09-02-2015, 03:38 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/illinois-police-officer-shot-prompting-manhunt-reports-article-1.2344209

I don't like cops, but going around killing them is pussy shit.

Jeff
09-02-2015, 05:55 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/illinois-police-officer-shot-prompting-manhunt-reports-article-1.2344209

I don't like cops, but going around killing them is pussy shit.

I have to agree 100%, and if this comes back to do with that black lives matter BS again, and/or the threat by the NBPP then it is time to shut them down. If a animal can kill a cop there is nothing he/she won't do, best at that point to place one right behind the ear and call it a day.

indago
09-02-2015, 07:02 AM
Seems police don't like getting shot. Neither do citizens...

Jeff
09-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Seems police don't like getting shot. Neither do citizens...

Simple solution, thugs don't break the law, cops won't shoot you, easy enough. Thugs don't get shot, they stay happy, they don't murder innocent cops.

Gunny
09-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Simple solution, thugs don't break the law, cops won't shoot you, easy enough. Thugs don't get shot, they stay happy, they don't murder innocent cops.

This guy had 30 years on the force and 4 kids. And I totally agree. Don't be a criminal. It works.

Perianne
09-02-2015, 10:05 AM

Thugs WANT to be shot, or so it appears from their behavior. If you play with fire you are going to get burned.

Nonnie
09-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Do you think that people's perceptions are gained from the media. Here in the UK, we get the impression that white officers shoot black guys and it doesn't matter how blatant it looks on video footage, the cop gets away with it.

From what we've seen in the media, the US police seem pretty obsessed with authority and ruthlessness/heavy handed. Is that true?

jimnyc
09-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Do you think that people's perceptions are gained from the media. Here in the UK, we get the impression that white officers shoot black guys and it doesn't matter how blatant it looks on video footage, the cop gets away with it.

From what we've seen in the media, the US police seem pretty obsessed with authority and ruthlessness/heavy handed. Is that true?

First, and more importantly, welcome to DP!! :salute: :beer:

Cops shoot criminals from time to time, whether the cop is white or black. The media likes to spotlight the white cops. But yep, it happens. The OVERWHELMING majority of times it is a criminal, and the criminal is doing something horribly wrong, and the police need to protect their own lives or that of an innocent citizen. Most people forget that when they see the video of a criminal being shot.

With that said, absolutely, there are and have been times where a cop more or less murders a citizen, and luckily a few of them have been caught on camera. It would be extremely rare with such "proof" that a cop would walk. We just had that perfect example here, where a cop shot a guy in the back who was running, and didn't realize it was being recorded. He now sits in jail awaiting trial on murder charges.

There are bad eggs in every profession. The police are forefront in the media, and rightfully so. But obsessed? Not really, just the bad eggs, and trust me, even the citizens would like to see the bad eggs gone. With thousands and thousands of cops throughout the nation, you're going to get bad eggs. And while those caught are all over the media, the thousands and thousands of GOOD cops, and those who save lives, are rarely, if ever, placed in the same spotlight.

indago
09-02-2015, 05:28 PM

Yes!

Perianne
09-02-2015, 05:33 PM

I have been pulled over several times for driving too fast. The police are always polite and kind with me, mostly giving me a warning.

Gunny
09-02-2015, 07:25 PM

They definitely are obsessed with their own authority.

However, they don't discriminate. Blacks have only themselves to blame. They glorify the thug lifestyle and live in it. That's THEIR fault, not the cops. Not white people.

Gunny
09-02-2015, 07:55 PM
I have been pulled over several times for driving too fast. The police are always polite and kind with me, mostly giving me a warning.

If you're polite to them, they are polite back.

Perianne
09-02-2015, 08:30 PM
If you're polite to them, they are polite back.

It does seem to work that way. And a pretty smile doesn't hurt either.

Gunny
09-02-2015, 08:50 PM
It does seem to work that way. And a pretty smile doesn't hurt either.

I don't have one of those. :laugh:

indago
09-02-2015, 09:34 PM
I don't have one of those. :laugh:

And you don't have a blouse to unbutton a little either...

Perianne
09-02-2015, 09:37 PM

Well, he could.... lol

Gunny
09-02-2015, 09:50 PM

FYI, yeah I do. That thing you call a jacket we call a blouse. We wear trousers instead of pants, and a field scarf instead of a tie. ;)

Gunny
09-02-2015, 10:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIbPQmgG7Io

Jeff
09-03-2015, 06:07 AM
As I said the Brothers are opening a can of worms that they just may not want to, as this article explains, it isn't all blacks that want a race war or are going to fight on the side of the thugs, nope not at all, there are plenty of black soldiers that don't look at color, and those boys don't sign a dance about pigs in a blanket, they get the job done.

“It’s open season on killing white people, and crackers…It’s not safe no more to be white in America. Lurking behind any corner could be an angry black man ready to take yo a** out. It’s a reality. It’s open season on killing whites and police.”
The above statement was made by black supremacist, ‘King Noble’.
How ignorant can one person be? Instead of posting a video to have a positive impact in the community and bring our country together, he divides it by encouraging black people to start a race war.
Do you truly want to see violence, death, murder, executions, rape, and war in our streets? Because I’ve seen it first hand in foreign countries and it’s not as glorious as you think it is.

http://clashdaily.com/2015/09/combat-vet-vows-to-stand-with-police-against-cop-killing-black-thugs/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:9736345&utm_campaign=Combat%20Vet%20Vows%20To%20Stand%20Wi th%20Police%20Against%20Cop%20Killing%20Black%20Th ugs

revelarts
09-03-2015, 08:56 AM

First, and more importantly, welcome to DP!! :salute: :beer:

Cops shoot criminals from time to time, whether the cop is white or black. The media likes to spotlight the white cops. But yep, it happens. The OVERWHELMING majority of times it is a criminal, and the criminal is doing something horribly wrong, and the police need to protect their own lives or that of an innocent citizen. Most people forget that when they see the video of a criminal being shot.

With that said, absolutely, there are and have been times where a cop more or less murders a citizen, and luckily a few of them have been caught on camera. It would be extremely rare with such "proof" that a cop would walk. We just had that perfect example here, where a cop shot a guy in the back who was running, and didn't realize it was being recorded. He now sits in jail awaiting trial on murder charges.

There are bad eggs in every profession. The police are forefront in the media, and rightfully so. But obsessed? Not really, just the bad eggs, and trust me, even the citizens would like to see the bad eggs gone. With thousands and thousands of cops throughout the nation, you're going to get bad eggs. And while those caught are all over the media, the thousands and thousands of GOOD cops, and those who save lives, are rarely, if ever, placed in the same spotlight.

Welcome Nonnie!

While Jim makes good points he, like many in the U.S., tend to have a fairly Pollyanna view of the police in general and like to assume the "bad egg" theory over ALL of the negative news of police misconduct. But on the opposite side rarely acknowledge that there are very many innocent victims ... or honestly that TOO MUCH forced might be used by police on a fairly regular basis.

the man who was choked to death by NY police is considered justifiable dead even though on that day he did NOTHING wrong.
He was accused of "selling cigarettes" and the cops felt their authority challenged, and decided to subdue him for nothing (resisting arrest.. but arrest for nothing). And the police did in fact walk away unpunished. Reviews of indictments against police for harming or killing accused criminals shows a huge failure to indite. So the "bad eggs" seem slip through with good eggs.

Many here will acknowledge they personally have done things far worse than many of the "criminals" that are now dead. But for some it doesn't matter because they are "black thugs" who should be shot for being "black thugs". It seems if they steal a can of soda, talk to loud, license out of date, or don't walk away when told like a good soldier, move too fast, move too slow, that means it OK for police to beat, forced to the ground and shoot them dead. It's justified. "Black thugs" are "threatening" to the life of police and society and are fine to be shot dead, while in handcuffs or with their backs turned.

Most cases of police killing people never make the news because they are justified.
And of course there cases where cops have shot people justifiable and people have jumped to the wrong conclusions absolutely. too many. Those are the only one's people who defend the police like to talk about. But there are far more cases that never make national news where cops have used to much force or killed.

But even many Police themselves admit that the view promoted by Jim -and liked by so many here- is skewed.
here's a sample of one Baltimore Maryland's policeman's observations
An interview with the Baltimore cop who’s revealing all the horrible things he saw on the job - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2015/06/25/an-interview-with-the-baltimore-cop-whos-revealing-all-the-horrible-things-he-saw-on-the-job/?tid=pm_opinions_pop_b)
here are some of the tweets
Michael A. Wood Jr. @MichaelAWoodJr
So here we go. I'm going to start Tweeting the things I've seen & participated in, in policing that is corrupt, intentional or not.
…..
A detective slapping a completely innocent female in the face for bumping into him, coming out of a corner chicken store.
……
Punting a handcuffed, face down, suspect in the face, after a foot chase. My handcuffs, not my boot or suspect
….
CCTV cameras turning as soon as a suspect is close to caught.
……
Swearing in court and PC docs that suspect dropped CDS during unbroken visual pursuit when neither was true.
[Note: PC docs = “probable cause documents,” or the papers police file to obtain a warrant. CDS = controlled dangerous substances.]
…..
Jacking up and illegally searching thousands of people with no legal justification
…….
Having other people write PC statements, who were never there because they could twist it into legality.
[Note: “PC statements” = probable cause statements, or statements from witnesses that police can then use to obtain a warrant.]
…..
Summonsing officers who weren't there so they could collect the overtime.
…….
Targeting 16-24 year old black males essentially because we arrest them more, perpetrating the circle of arresting them more.
He goes on to mention that this type of activity is COMMON, accepted and he says universal among major city police Depts.
he mentions some police units that do far worse on a regular basis and ARE not jailed, tired, charged, fired or it seems even reprimanded. Kathianne -(1 of the posters here with police in the family who supports police) I believe you mentioned that yes your police family members say there's always a group "like that" within a Dept.. why are these "bad eggs" left in when the good eggs know about it? That's not "a few bad eggs" that's a lot of known bad eggs left to run the streets for years.
There' a thread the baltimore policeman's statements here. Link (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50347-Baltimore-cop-revealing-things-he-saw-on-the-job&highlight=police)

Here's commentary about a former NY Police chiefs observations.
Police Unbound: Corruption, Abuse, and Heroism by the Boys in Blue
http://www.amazon.com/Police-Unbound...ice+corruption (http://www.amazon.com/Police-Unbound-Corruption-Abuse-Heroism-ebook/dp/B003980ICU/ref=sr_1_53?ie=UTF8&qid=1425556545&sr=8-53&keywords=police+corruption)
Former chief of police in Minneapolis and commander of the Bronx police force Tony Bouza pulls no punches in this blunt, candid assessment of police culture. Emphasizing the gap between the average citizen's perception of police work and the day-to-day reality of life as a cop, Bouza reveals the inner dynamics of a secretive, fraternal society that will do almost anything to protect itself. The strong bonds of loyalty among police both inspire individual acts of heroism in the face of danger but also repress full disclosure of the truth when corruption or abuse of power are suspected, says Bouza. Young rookies are quickly molded by the unspoken rules and the code of silence that govern a cop's professional life, and they soon learn that physical but not moral courage is expected.
Bouza evaluates sweeps, roundups, sting operations, the controversial practice of racial profiling, and the politics of law enforcement. He critically examines the excesses, abuses, and corruption of the New York, Los Angeles, and Minneapolis police forces, among others, offering insights into what went wrong in the infamous Louima and Diallo cases.
But his most telling criticism is not directed against the police per se but against our society's ruling elites and the middle class, who give police the unmistakable message that the underclass must be kept down and property owners protected at all costs. He charges that the heart of the problem of both crime and police abuse in America is our tacitly accepted class structure separating the privileged from the poor, and along with it the systemic racism that society as a whole is not yet willing to face. Bouza concludes his critique on a positive note with straightforward proposals on how to make the police more ethical and effective.This controversial, eye-opening book by a veteran insider exposes a reality that TV cop shows never portray and raises serious moral questions about class and race....

Also many in the U.S. people have been complaining about over policing, excessive force and militarization for ALL races for quite some time. American Police Continue To MIlitarize Despite Record Low Crime Rates (http://www.mintpressnews.com/americans-police-continue-to-militarize-despite-record-low-crime-rates/192029/)

having said all that It's my belief that most cops join the police to do the right things. And that on a daily basis often do exactly that. (lets see how many people will ignore that statement) but in some police cultures that intent to do the right things is corrupted to various degrees.

To some people just saying the above makes one "anti-police" or "anti-establiment" or means that you "hate cops" or support the "criminals" or think "blacks should be able to get away with crimes".
To me it just means i want to see the police as an important human organizations warts and all. And i want the public and officials to address it realistically so it can be the organization people BELIEVE IT TO BE. And not pretend that it is already is, no matter what evidence there is to the contrary.

Gunny
09-03-2015, 09:18 AM
As I said the Brothers are opening a can of worms that they just may not want to, as this article explains, it isn't all blacks that want a race war or are going to fight on the side of the thugs, nope not at all, there are plenty of black soldiers that don't look at color, and those boys don't sign a dance about pigs in a blanket, they get the job done.

http://clashdaily.com/2015/09/combat-vet-vows-to-stand-with-police-against-cop-killing-black-thugs/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:9736345&utm_campaign=Combat%20Vet%20Vows%20To%20Stand%20Wi th%20Police%20Against%20Cop%20Killing%20Black%20Th ugs

We ALL bleed green.