PDA

View Full Version : Childhood friend passed away

jimnyc
09-02-2015, 11:08 AM
We grew up just a few short blocks away. My brother John was best friends with him for quite some time. (Jimmy P from down the road). I'm sure Jeff remembers him. He had 2 younger brothers. We all played on the same football teams and all went to school together and played together daily.

I went to Facebook a few minutes ago and saw that today was his birthday. I clicked on his name to go to his page and wish him the best. That's when I saw all the posts. Apparently he passed overnight at home.

It will be weird going to the funeral. I haven't seen any of the family in a long time either. And there will be lots of friends there, I'm sure. I hate to have to see folks from the past, because someone died. So sad. :(

Christie Brinkley
09-02-2015, 11:59 AM
How old was he?

jimnyc
09-02-2015, 12:30 PM
How old was he?

He turned 48 today.

Christie Brinkley
09-02-2015, 02:40 PM
In his sleep? At 48? That seems strange.

jimnyc
09-02-2015, 03:07 PM
In his sleep? At 48? That seems strange.

Agreed. I know he has diabetes, could that get someone in their sleep? I hope it wasn't anything stupid he was doing. Either way it's a shame, far too young. And from what I understand, his daughter was the one who found him. :(

Jeff
09-04-2015, 03:28 PM
I hate to hear this, as far as I know he had gotten his life together and was heading in the right direction. The diabetes he had was very bad, he was taking large amount of insulin many times during the day back in the day.

I pray his family will heal of the loss as quick as possible, but he was such a young man and the issues this poor family went through where horrible in the past.

May Jimmy finally R.I.P.

jimnyc
09-04-2015, 03:35 PM
I hate to hear this, as far as I know he had gotten his life together and was heading in the right direction. The diabetes he had was very bad, he was taking large amount of insulin many times during the day back in the day.

I pray his family will heal of the loss as quick as possible, but he was such a young man and the issues this poor family went through where horrible in the past.

May Jimmy finally R.I.P.

I have been messaging with his daughter quite a bit. She invited me to the funeral but wants NO ONE else invited, family will personally do so. She said she's afraid "junkies" will show up. Apparently he did go down that path somewhere along the line and still maintained some relationships with those folks. Apparently he had a serious drinking issue in addition to that, and went back and forth struggling with alcoholism. It's not like knowing it was a "better" reason would somehow help when someone dies, but it leaves you shaking your head when you head about the drugs and alcohol.

Also Jeff, if you remember Nicole, which I'm sure you do. That was John's ex girlfriend, before she moved on, and eventually met Jimmy and had a kid with him (the daughter I am speaking with). Nicole hates Jimmy and doesn't seem to have a care in the world that this happened. And then apparently Jimmy's father, and the brothers, Jeff and Jason, also don't have a fond view of him and don't want to do too awfully much for him in regards to arrangements.

It appears a lot of family issues. And now this isn't bringing them together, but rather reviving issues. What a shame. Jimmy was very good people, as were the rest of the family. I hope they can find peace somehow within all of this. :(

Jeff
09-04-2015, 03:59 PM
I have been messaging with his daughter quite a bit. She invited me to the funeral but wants NO ONE else invited, family will personally do so. She said she's afraid "junkies" will show up. Apparently he did go down that path somewhere along the line and still maintained some relationships with those folks. Apparently he had a serious drinking issue in addition to that, and went back and forth struggling with alcoholism. It's not like knowing it was a "better" reason would somehow help when someone dies, but it leaves you shaking your head when you head about the drugs and alcohol.

Also Jeff, if you remember Nicole, which I'm sure you do. That was John's ex girlfriend, before she moved on, and eventually met Jimmy and had a kid with him (the daughter I am speaking with). Nicole hates Jimmy and doesn't seem to have a care in the world that this happened. And then apparently Jimmy's father, and the brothers, Jeff and Jason, also don't have a fond view of him and don't want to do too awfully much for him in regards to arrangements.

It appears a lot of family issues. And now this isn't bringing them together, but rather reviving issues. What a shame. Jimmy was very good people, as were the rest of the family. I hope they can find peace somehow within all of this. :(

I do to Jim, Jimmy was lost and was always searching to fit in, even as a young man he was, as far as Nicole, well she has become better than thou with most folks the way I understand it, I have spoke with her a good bit on Fb but I can see where she thinks her sheot don't stink, not the time nor the place, no matter what Jimmy may have done wrong their are family and friends that are hurting, respect the dead and his family.

jimnyc
09-04-2015, 04:08 PM
I do to Jim, Jimmy was lost and was always searching to fit in, even as a young man he was, as far as Nicole, well she has become better than thou with most folks the way I understand it, I have spoke with her a good bit on Fb but I can see where she thinks her sheot don't stink, not the time nor the place, no matter what Jimmy may have done wrong their are family and friends that are hurting, respect the dead and his family.

She befriended me a few years back on FB and I eventually deleted her. She used to be cool as hell. She does karaoke stuff and thinks she is madonna, and then treats everyone as if she is madonna.

Jeff
09-04-2015, 04:10 PM
She befriended me a few years back on FB and I eventually deleted her. She used to be cool as hell. She does karaoke stuff and thinks she is madonna, and then treats everyone as if she is madonna.

Yea I see the pictures she [post, not a bad looking girl, but not all she thinks she is either.

jimnyc
09-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Yea I see the pictures she [post, not a bad looking girl, but not all she thinks she is either.

Yeah, she is pretty darn good looking, no doubt about that. But stuck up is stuck up, being bitchy is being bitchy. She just did nothing but brag over and over about herself. I just got really sick of seeing her stuff after awhile. She requested me and never said 2 words to me really. Never did get that, lots of people ask to be my friend and then don't even say hello. Facebook is an odd little world if its own!